Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Democratic National Convention

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#1    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,781 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 08:50 AM

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/08/25/dnc.main/index.html

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
Michelle Obama makes case for husband, closing convention's first night
Sen. Kennedy addresses convention less than 3 months after brain surgery
Barack Obama appears only briefly via satellite from Kansas City
Hillary Clinton to headline convention's second night

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#2    CosmicStaR

CosmicStaR

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

• **Human sickness is so severe that few can bear to look at it, but those who do become well..**

Posted 26 August 2008 - 09:13 AM

I've been watching lots of protest videos..
I just hope that after the conventions people continue to rise up and take a stand for their liberty.

Posted Image

"-*This world is not conclusion; A sequel stands beyond, Invisible as music, But positive, as sound.-*"

“Physical strength is measured by what we can carry, Spiritual by what we can bear..”

#3    Mr Honeybadger

Mr Honeybadger

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,838 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 10:11 AM

I didn't watch much of it.

Did Ted Kennedy finally do his tribute to Mary Jo Kopechne ?

#4    CosmicStaR

CosmicStaR

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

• **Human sickness is so severe that few can bear to look at it, but those who do become well..**

Posted 26 August 2008 - 12:01 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mc6XJ_J1o4A...feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o08aC4otf-8

Posted Image

"-*This world is not conclusion; A sequel stands beyond, Invisible as music, But positive, as sound.-*"

“Physical strength is measured by what we can carry, Spiritual by what we can bear..”

#5    Siara

Siara

Alien Abducter

• 4,427 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 01:25 PM

@pR!L on Aug 26 2008, 12:01 PM, said:

I hope that protests continue too (but don't get violent like the 1960's).  I hope that young voters aren't too apathetic to vote this time around.

#6    CosmicStaR

CosmicStaR

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 01:33 PM

Siara on Aug 26 2008, 08:25 AM, said:

I hope that protests continue too (but don't get violent like the 1960's).  I hope that young voters aren't too apathetic to vote this time around.

Ya know..to be honest I really don't think voting in this election will matter--either canadiate isn't standing up for us--so it's just kind of pointless--for me anyway..
and tragic too of course..

Posted Image

#7    Rosewin

Rosewin

Omnipotent Entity

• Banned
  • 8,967 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 01:47 PM

lollin @ fox news

I doubt the protest will reach the levels of the 1960s. We had a whole counter culture among the youth then. Today the youth is strictly part of the consumer culture which means they are products of corporations...the same as the presidents.

#8    Siara

Siara

Alien Abducter

• 4,427 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 02:00 PM

@pR!L on Aug 26 2008, 02:33 PM, said:

Ya know..to be honest I really don't think voting in this election will matter--either canadiate isn't standing up for us--so it's just kind of pointless--for me anyway.. and tragic too of course..

It isn't useless because one of these guys is going to be in charge and they're different enough from eachother that one has got to be better than the other.  Choose the bad one instead of the very bad one.  The candidate doesn't have to speak for you.  Just steer the country in the direction that will one day produce a candidate who does speak for you.

Sorry to sound like an old biddy here, but voting is important.

#9    Incorrigible1

Incorrigible1

Government Agent

• 3,393 posts

• Champanya?

Posted 26 August 2008 - 04:43 PM

acidhead43 on Aug 26 2008, 03:50 AM, said:

Barack Obama appears only briefly via satellite from Kansas City

Or was it St. Louis?

If a nation values anything more than freedom, it will lose its freedom; and the irony of it is that if it is comfort or money that it values more, it will lose that too. -- W. Somerset Maugham
Posted Image

#10    BlueZone

BlueZone

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 05:11 PM

Incorrigible1 on Aug 26 2008, 12:43 PM, said:

Or was it St. Louis?

I saw a cartoon once that showed this car driving down a dead straight road with cornfields on either side.  Also next to the road was a large sign that said "WELCOME TO KANSAS OR SOME PLACE VERY MUCH LIKE IT".

#11    IrishAidan07

IrishAidan07

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts

• If you can't describe what you are doing as a process, you don't know what you're doing.

Posted 26 August 2008 - 06:45 PM

I don't know why Obama is getting such a bad rap from people. "He's the same as all the rest," you say. How do you know? Because he acts like a politician? Well, he has to. He's got two things against him: He's running against one of the most respected members of Congress, for one. And two, he's black! He has to act like a double politician, sweet talk, et cetera... But that doesn't mean he won't change things.

"There is not a Liberal America, a Conservative America, a Red America or Blue America, there is the United States of America." ~ Barack Obama

Posted Image

~~Irish~~

#12    AROCES

AROCES

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 16,312 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 07:22 PM

IrishAidan on Aug 26 2008, 06:45 PM, said:

I don't know why Obama is getting such a bad rap from people. "He's the same as all the rest," you say. How do you know? Because he acts like a politician? Well, he has to. He's got two things against him: He's running against one of the most respected members of Congress, for one. And two, he's black! He has to act like a double politician, sweet talk, et cetera... But that doesn't mean he won't change things.

He just picked as his Vice President someone who has been in Congress and Politics longer than John McCain.
Change???

#13    IrishAidan07

IrishAidan07

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts

• If you can't describe what you are doing as a process, you don't know what you're doing.

Posted 26 August 2008 - 07:23 PM

AROCES on Aug 26 2008, 03:22 PM, said:

He just picked as his Vice President someone who has been in Congress and Politics longer than John McCain.
Change???

Again, politics!!! I was remiss in my statement earlier. Not only is he black, running against a respected member of Congress, but he's also extremely young. He has to pick someone who's been around awhile.

Edited by IrishAidan, 26 August 2008 - 07:24 PM.

"There is not a Liberal America, a Conservative America, a Red America or Blue America, there is the United States of America." ~ Barack Obama

Posted Image

~~Irish~~

#14    Plainbob13

Plainbob13

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,700 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 07:26 PM

AROCES on Aug 26 2008, 02:22 PM, said:

Change???

Yep. Change all right. No matter how you polish a turd it still a turd.

#15    BlueZone

BlueZone

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 09:46 PM

IrishAidan on Aug 26 2008, 02:45 PM, said:

I don't know why Obama is getting such a bad rap from people. "He's the same as all the rest," you say. How do you know?

I think it's kewl to be cynical and dissatisfied.  Plus the Republican machine, which has been in power for so long, is working overtime to discredit him.  It's irritating to hear this crowd of ultra-rich white men accusing Obama of being elitist.  When I hear someone like Rush Limbaugh call him inexperienced I can't help thinking that at least he hasn't been stupid enough to destroy his hearing by becoming an addict.  People in America mistake being loud for being right and being crude for being honest.

He's essentially going up against corporate America and they have a lot of money to spend on advertising.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users