Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Democratic National Convention

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#16    Incorrigible1

Incorrigible1

Government Agent

• 3,393 posts

• Champanya?

Posted 26 August 2008 - 11:21 PM

BlueZone on Aug 26 2008, 04:46 PM, said:

He's essentially going up against corporate America and they have a lot of money to spend on advertising.

Heh! As if BHO has no corporate backing.

If a nation values anything more than freedom, it will lose its freedom; and the irony of it is that if it is comfort or money that it values more, it will lose that too. -- W. Somerset Maugham
Posted Image

#17    AROCES

AROCES

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 16,312 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 11:24 PM

BlueZone on Aug 26 2008, 09:46 PM, said:

He's essentially going up against corporate America and they have a lot of money to spend on advertising.

And McCain is essentially going up against the wealthy Hollywood entertainment and media industries. Sounds like an even match up to me.

#18    CosmicStaR

CosmicStaR

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

• **Human sickness is so severe that few can bear to look at it, but those who do become well..**

Posted 26 August 2008 - 11:30 PM

BlueZone on Aug 26 2008, 04:46 PM, said:

I think it's kewl to be cynical and dissatisfied.  Plus the Republican machine, which has been in power for so long, is working overtime to discredit him.  It's irritating to hear this crowd of ultra-rich white men accusing Obama of being elitist.  When I hear someone like Rush Limbaugh call him inexperienced I can't help thinking that at least he hasn't been stupid enough to destroy his hearing by becoming an addict.  People in America mistake being loud for being right and being crude for being honest.

Good point

Posted Image

"-*This world is not conclusion; A sequel stands beyond, Invisible as music, But positive, as sound.-*"

“Physical strength is measured by what we can carry, Spiritual by what we can bear..”

#19    Mr Honeybadger

Mr Honeybadger

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,838 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 11:58 PM

AROCES on Aug 26 2008, 07:24 PM, said:

And McCain is essentially going up against the wealthy Hollywood entertainment and media industries. Sounds like an even match up to me.

And don't forget about a fellow by the name of George Soros.

But both sides have power and big money backing them.  Just different issue driven organizations on each side.

#20    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,533 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 07:15 AM

On Clinton's Speech:

I don't think that it was a particularly effective speech. ... this is somebody who has spent the last couple weeks, months saying that this man, Barack Obama, is not ready to answer the phone at 3 am in the morning... and that was her case: that he doesn't have any experience to lead...  she said absolutely nothing about that in the speech... zip.

.. to give the speech a a name it could be called the "lesser of two evils" speech.... why?...

.. she gave all the reasons she ran for president, and then says, " By the way, if you believe in those, vote for Barack Obama."

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#21    AROCES

AROCES

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 16,312 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 02:27 PM

acidhead43 on Aug 27 2008, 07:15 AM, said:

On Clinton's Speech:
I don't think that it was a particularly effective speech. ... this is somebody who has spent the last couple weeks, months saying that this man, Barack Obama, is not ready to answer the phone at 3 am in the morning... and that was her case: that he doesn't have any experience to lead...  she said absolutely nothing about that in the speech... zip.
.. she gave all the reasons she ran for president, and then says, " By the way, if you believe in those, vote for Barack Obama."

Same here, that was quite obvious she is still campaigning for herself. She made it sound like She is Obama's mentor.
Be interesting now what Billy boy will do. I'm sure the Obama camp is not happy with Hilllary's sneaky speech and the Obama camp is quite holding their breath with Billy boy.
I'm telling you folks, an Obama win will finish her totally but a defeat will assure Hillary of the nomination on 2012, she is too ambitious to not wish for that.

Edited by AROCES, 27 August 2008 - 02:48 PM.

#22    Incorrigible1

Incorrigible1

Government Agent

• 3,393 posts

• Champanya?

Posted 27 August 2008 - 04:51 PM

AROCES on Aug 27 2008, 09:27 AM, said:

I'm telling you folks, an Obama win will finish her totally but a defeat will assure Hillary of the nomination on 2012, she is too ambitious to not wish for that.

Hand that man a cigar.

If a nation values anything more than freedom, it will lose its freedom; and the irony of it is that if it is comfort or money that it values more, it will lose that too. -- W. Somerset Maugham
Posted Image

#23    Guardsman Bass

Guardsman Bass

Poltergeist

• 2,222 posts

• Don't spam me, but feel free to drop a line.

Posted 27 August 2008 - 05:12 PM

We'll see if she wins it (assuming Barack Obama loses this november, which I consider unlikely) in 2012. There will be other people competing in the hypothetical 2012 Democratic primaries, probably including Tim Kaine and other fresh faces.

"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours." -Sir Charles Napier

"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."  — D.H. Lawrence

#24    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,533 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 04:50 AM

I was listening to and enjoying to the acceptance speech by Biden until he indicated Russia will not get away with attacking Georgia

... wait a second.. who attacked who? .. he clearly said Russia attacked Georgia just as the MSM portrayed the entire incident.

.. that wasn't the truth.. this man is part of the plan that will try to stretch the New World

Order's form of government into that region.. but at what cost?  How many more lives will be wasted pursuing this world agenda?

Does ANYBODY believe it exists now?!  Read below:

http://www.udel.edu/PR/UpDate/93/9/19.html
In his speech in Clayton Hall, "On the Threshold of the New World
Order: A Rebirth for the United Nations," Biden said the world's
leaders must adopt a new understanding of security. "Collective
security today must encompass not only the security of nations," he
said, "but also mankind's security in a global environment that has
proven vulnerable to debilitating changes wrought by man's own
endeavors.                                                  
     "Thus, in setting an American agenda for a new world order, we
must begin with a profound alteration in traditional thought," he
said.                                                        
     Speaking to about 150 faculty and students, Biden said the United
States should "buttress stable democracy in the former Soviet empire"
and "champion the cause of democracy in China."              
     Biden criticized President George Bush's Soviet policies, saying
the "administration, if not absent, has been little more than an
onlooker."                                                  
     The senator said the United States should deliver more  
"educational and professional" assistance to the countries of the
former Soviet Union. The goal, he said, must be to "foster the
conditions and institutions necessary for a free economy and a free
body politic to thrive."                                    
     Very little money would be needed from the American government to
make great strides toward assisting in the privatization of the former
Soviet Union, Biden said.

Edited by acidhead43, 28 August 2008 - 04:57 AM.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#25    AROCES

AROCES

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 16,312 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 03:37 PM

Speech after speech we hear how we are in a reccession and how bad the economy is. Then out came a report today that the economy grew 3.3 %, talk about fear mongering.

#26    Mr Honeybadger

Mr Honeybadger

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,838 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 03:52 PM

What's up with all of these television news reporters wearing those tiny little microphone / headsets ? You can't hardly see the wire that hugs along their cheek from their ear to their mouth. But you can definitely see the eraser shaped mic that sticks along side their mouth.  They look like they have a moving wart on the side of their mouth.  They must be trying to look cool and hip.  

#27    CosmicStaR

CosmicStaR

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

• **Human sickness is so severe that few can bear to look at it, but those who do become well..**

Posted 28 August 2008 - 04:04 PM

ohio traveler on Aug 28 2008, 10:52 AM, said:

What's up with all of these television news reporters wearing those tiny little microphone / headsets ? You can't hardly see the wire that hugs along their cheek from their ear to their mouth. But you can definitely see the eraser shaped mic that sticks along side their mouth.  They look like they have a moving wart on the side of their mouth.  They must be trying to look cool and hip.

HAHAHHA yeahh really!

Posted Image

"-*This world is not conclusion; A sequel stands beyond, Invisible as music, But positive, as sound.-*"

“Physical strength is measured by what we can carry, Spiritual by what we can bear..”

#28    BlueZone

BlueZone

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 04:23 PM

AROCES on Aug 28 2008, 11:37 AM, said:

Speech after speech we hear how we are in a reccession and how bad the economy is. Then out came a report today that the economy grew 3.3 %, talk about fear mongering.

Who got the extra money?  The richest 1% of the population?

Telling Americans that everything's fine isn't going to work AROCES.  True our educational system has gone to hell since GW Bush took office, but we can still count our cash, look at the gas gauge in our cars, and look at how much food we've got in our refrigerators.  Let's face it... the **** has hit the fan and the knowledge that the very rich are even richer doesn't make us feel better.

#29    AROCES

AROCES

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 16,312 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 06:57 PM

BlueZone on Aug 28 2008, 04:23 PM, said:

Who got the extra money?  The richest 1% of the population?

Telling Americans that everything's fine isn't going to work AROCES.  True our educational system has gone to hell since GW Bush took office, but we can still count our cash, look at the gas gauge in our cars, and look at how much food we've got in our refrigerators.  Let's face it... the **** has hit the fan and the knowledge that the very rich are even richer doesn't make us feel better.

Tell me something, if you are a business owner or one of the Elites as you cry about.
What would benefit your investments, security or company the most, when more people are well off or when most are poor?

#30    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

Telekinetic

• 7,066 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 07:34 PM

I don't support Barack Obama but I was very impressed with Bill Clinton's endorsement speech as well as Joe Biden's speech. They were very well presented.

On a side note, I heard Shawn Johnson will be doing the pledge tonight to start off the cermony. Is it just me or is it a little strange to have an Olympic gold medalist who represented the entire country to show up at a part convention. Is this true and if it is, will she be at the Republican convention as well? If not, seems a little odd to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users