Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Democratic National Convention

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#46    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

Telekinetic

• 7,066 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 04:53 AM

IrishAidan on Aug 29 2008, 04:47 AM, said:

It has everything to do with Alex Jones. That crap he spouts has clouded your mind, lil' lady. Open your minds eye!!

Alex Jones is either crazy or is taking advantage of people for money. However, that doesn't mean everything he says is untrue.

#47    IrishAidan07

IrishAidan07

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts

• If you can't describe what you are doing as a process, you don't know what you're doing.

Posted 29 August 2008 - 04:55 AM

BlindMessiah on Aug 29 2008, 12:53 AM, said:

Alex Jones is either crazy or is taking advantage of people for money. However, that doesn't mean everything he says is untrue.

No, just 99.9% of it.  tongue.gif

"There is not a Liberal America, a Conservative America, a Red America or Blue America, there is the United States of America." ~ Barack Obama

Posted Image

~~Irish~~

#48    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

Telekinetic

• 7,066 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 05:07 AM

IrishAidan on Aug 29 2008, 04:55 AM, said:

No, just 99.9% of it.  tongue.gif

There are forces in this world pushing nations to globalize. That's a fact. The bankers who own the Federal Reserve do have political influence. That's a fact. The rest is pure speculation. Then there's all the crazy ideas about reptilian overlords, aliens, bombs taking out the towers, and other nonsense.

#49    InHuman

InHuman

Alien Abducter

• 4,492 posts

• Running on Bravado.

Posted 29 August 2008 - 07:11 AM

So I missed Obama's speech (caught stevie wonder tho).. anyone got some of the bullet points?

There Will Be Brawl
Greatest Webseries Ever

If you carry out a policy that dehumanizes others, in the process you yourself are dehumanized.-Desmond Tutu

#50    __Kratos__

__Kratos__

-Staring-

• 25,876 posts

• As darkness falls, night unfolds ebony wings to wrap the world in it's dark embrace.

Posted 29 August 2008 - 07:13 AM

InHuman on Aug 29 2008, 02:11 AM, said:

So I missed Obama's speech (caught stevie wonder tho).. anyone got some of the bullet points?

Obama speech - full text

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." ~Philip K. Dick

"Passion, peace. Strength, knowledge. Power, serenity. Victory, harmony. Freedom, the Force." ~Ashara Zavros

#51    Lt_Ripley

Lt_Ripley

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 20,036 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 09:48 AM

InHuman on Aug 29 2008, 03:11 AM, said:

see now I missed Stevie Wonder ! Actually Obama's speech was the only one I caught ( I did watch Hilliarys on youtube)

Powerful. You have to watch it because a description isn't enough. I'm sure youtube or somewhere will have it up.

All I can say is the debates with McCain ought to be enjoyable. I'm going to sit back with popcorn .

#52    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

Telekinetic

• 7,066 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 09:58 AM

Lt_Ripley on Aug 29 2008, 09:48 AM, said:

see now I missed Stevie Wonder ! Actually Obama's speech was the only one I caught ( I did watch Hilliarys on youtube)

Powerful. You have to watch it because a description isn't enough. I'm sure youtube or somewhere will have it up.

All I can say is the debates with McCain ought to be enjoyable. I'm going to sit back with popcorn .

If McCain picks Romney as his VP I'll enjpy the VP debate more... I'd love to see someone tear Romney apart after the speech he gave when he withdrew from the primaries. I believe he said something along the lines of, atheists don't exist and the democrats support terrorists.

#53    Mr Honeybadger

Mr Honeybadger

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,838 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 11:36 AM

Alot of the crowd shots were great.  Many people were brought to tears.  You would have thought they were in the midst of Jesus Christ himself.

I didn't see Keith Olberman's response though.  But I bet his man-crush for Obama became even deeper.  Olberman and Chris Matthew's are probably going to have to duke it out for Obama's love.

#54    Incorrigible1

Incorrigible1

Government Agent

• 3,393 posts

• Champanya?

Posted 29 August 2008 - 02:19 PM

InHuman on Aug 29 2008, 02:11 AM, said:

Promised the moon/stars while lowering taxes on good people but more taxes for evil rich. The election isn't about BHO, it's about "you."

If a nation values anything more than freedom, it will lose its freedom; and the irony of it is that if it is comfort or money that it values more, it will lose that too. -- W. Somerset Maugham
Posted Image

#55    Startraveler

Startraveler

Fleet Captain

• 4,492 posts

• Knowledge Brings Fear.

Posted 29 August 2008 - 04:48 PM

Alot of the crowd shots were great.  Many people were brought to tears.  You would have thought they were in the midst of Jesus Christ himself.

Page 1 of the playbook, eh? Turn an amazing strength into some kind of weakness. Obama is an inspirational leader that, yes, can move people to tears with a powerful and amazing piece or oratory. D'oh, that's bad (somehow)!

You my friend are the politics of the past. Step aside.

#56    Cleomenes

Cleomenes

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 04:58 PM

Startraveler on Aug 29 2008, 11:48 AM, said:

Obama is an inspirational leader that, yes, can move people to tears with a powerful and amazing piece or oratory. D'oh, that's bad (somehow)!

I can think of plenty of other leaders who were great orators with the power to move their crowd to tears.  Can you?  It's fine to admire oratory, but it's not fine to think that's a qualification, in and of itself, to be a national leader.

#57    Incorrigible1

Incorrigible1

Government Agent

• 3,393 posts

• Champanya?

Posted 29 August 2008 - 05:00 PM

Cleomenes on Aug 29 2008, 11:58 AM, said:

I can think of plenty of other leaders who were great orators with the power to move their crowd to tears.  Can you?  It's fine to admire oratory, but it's not fine to think that's a qualification, in and of itself, to be a national leader.

But what else does the freshman Senator from Illinois have to offer?

If a nation values anything more than freedom, it will lose its freedom; and the irony of it is that if it is comfort or money that it values more, it will lose that too. -- W. Somerset Maugham
Posted Image

#58    SQLserver

SQLserver

Poltergeist

• 2,199 posts

• "Never underestimate the power of human stupidity"

Posted 29 August 2008 - 05:03 PM

I can think of plenty of other leaders who were great orators with the power to move their crowd to tears. Can you? It's fine to admire oratory, but it's not fine to think that's a qualification, in and of itself, to be a national leader.

Of course not. I firmly agree. Of course, serving the government for decades does not make a good president either.
Lincoln for example served only a small amount of time in the government before coming president.

In addition, can we think of any other leaders who had harsh tempers and were war friendly like McCain?

#59    SQLserver

SQLserver

Poltergeist

• 2,199 posts

• "Never underestimate the power of human stupidity"

Posted 29 August 2008 - 05:04 PM

But what else does the freshman Senator from Illinois have to offer?

Perhaps the best economic plan, the best foreign policy plan(besides perhaps Ron Paul's), the best technology plan, the best educational plan, and the best environmental/energy plan?

#60    Incorrigible1

Incorrigible1

Government Agent

• 3,393 posts

• Champanya?

Posted 29 August 2008 - 05:06 PM

sqlserver on Aug 29 2008, 12:04 PM, said:

Perhaps the best economic plan, the best foreign policy plan(besides perhaps Ron Paul's), the best technology plan, the best educational plan, and the best environmental/energy plan?

There's that darned "Perhaps" word.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users