Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Noahs Ark Debunked

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
82 replies to this topic

#16    The Man

The Man

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 05:25 PM

And if you read the last paragraph that I wrote, you cannot use The ark on mount aarat for your proof.

I debunked it to. cool.gif  

#17    X~File_Agent

X~File_Agent

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

• erehT tuO si hturT EhT

Posted 11 March 2004 - 05:25 PM

gunsmilie.gif Has anyone seen that Celumnaz guy.  If you do tell him, I got a present for him.  tongue.gif  w00t.gif

"All lies Lead to the Truth" - XFiles
"Lately the only thing keeping me from being a serial killer, is my distaste for manual labor." - Dilbert

Posted Image

#18    PsychicPenguin

PsychicPenguin

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 05:44 PM

QUOTE (Seraphina @ Mar 11 2004, 05:21 PM)
I don't think, 10'000 years ago, or whatever it was supposed to be, the continents would still be together...they only drifted some centimeter or so every hundred years.

Your idea about geology is wrong. Our current geographical configuration is due to the flood, not drifting continents.

How is it then proposed he summoned them?

Noah didn't summon them. They came to Noah. God directed them.

We're still talking into the tens of thousands of tons...

Are you sure? Do you have calculations to back it up? Also creationists believe in microevolution, therefore only a pair out of "one kind of animal" is required.

Such a lengthy hibernation would result in debilitating damage to the animal's muscles, and so long without food would likely kill them whether they were asleep or not;

You didn't take God's miracle into account.

he'd still need hundreds of tons worth of food to keep them alive at the end of the voyage.

God provided all the food after the voyage, just like what He did in the exodus.

Several animals are also physically incapable of hibernation.

But not a whole lot of them. Noah's task is much easier now.

Heck.. why am i doing this?? Nxt2Hvn, Kellalor, Celumnaz, Xeno,... lama sabakhtani??

#19    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

• Everyone likes a smouldering and sexy glare from a diminutive scientist.

Posted 11 March 2004 - 05:48 PM

Yes, Mr Penguin, you're right...I forgot to factor in the most evasive answer of them all "the ark was able to defy the laws of physics, space and time, because God said so"...the time honored way to dodge physical evidence tongue.gif

Posted Image

Apparantly, over on Exchristian.Net, they say that I'm "probably the smartest person" on UM....that is so cool...

#20    PsychicPenguin

PsychicPenguin

Psychic Spy

• 1,428 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 05:51 PM

Ah.. you finaly realized the truth. Repent my child, and you will be saved. cool.gif  

#21    Nxt2Hvn

Nxt2Hvn

Alien Abducter

• 5,083 posts

• 'For we walk by faith, not by sight.' II Corinthians 5:7

Posted 11 March 2004 - 05:52 PM

I am here Psychicpenguin.....

And of course agree with everything you say!!!   thumbsup.gif

Such a lengthy hibernation would result in debilitating damage to the animal's muscles, and so long without food would likely kill them whether they were asleep or not;

She doesn't believe in God.... so there for she doesn't believe in or understand why we believe in Miracles.

That is what all of the topics on God, Religion, Bible, Creationnism sum up to....

We believe that God is Almighty... and his Miracles don't need explaining!  The fact that WE believe that these things DID happen... is enough for us... but not for the Non-Believers... they have to find proof for everything.........

Sounds exhausting to me!  w00t.gif  whistling2.gif  

I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin. ~anonymous~

#22    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

• Everyone likes a smouldering and sexy glare from a diminutive scientist.

Posted 11 March 2004 - 05:53 PM

I said it dodged the evidence, I didn't say it proved it wrong tongue.gif  

Posted Image

Apparantly, over on Exchristian.Net, they say that I'm "probably the smartest person" on UM....that is so cool...

#23    X~File_Agent

X~File_Agent

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

• erehT tuO si hturT EhT

Posted 11 March 2004 - 05:54 PM

Well then Nxt2Hvn.  [Cuban Accent]You got some esplainin' to do[/Cuban Accent]

Damn, that logical mind of mine.  blink.gif  

"All lies Lead to the Truth" - XFiles
"Lately the only thing keeping me from being a serial killer, is my distaste for manual labor." - Dilbert

Posted Image

#24    PsychicPenguin

PsychicPenguin

Psychic Spy

• 1,428 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 05:57 PM

QUOTE (Nxt2Hvn @ Mar 11 2004, 05:52 PM)

It doesn't happen everyday tongue.gif

*go to get some more mushrooms*

#25    The Man

The Man

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 06:36 PM

I am here Psychicpenguin.....

She doesn't believe in God.... so there for she doesn't believe in or understand why we believe in Miracles.

That is what all of the topics on God, Religion, Bible, Creationnism sum up to....

We believe that God is Almighty... and his Miracles don't need explaining!  The fact that WE believe that these things DID happen... is enough for us... but not for the Non-Believers... they have to find proof for everything.........

Sounds exhausting to me!  w00t.gif  whistling2.gif

Gods miracle, what miracle?

Simply put, The Christian God must have been very very bored to give all these instructions to build an ark, keep the ark from sinking, keep all the animals safe, shrink them all down to ants so they could fit inside the ark, keep the food fresh, blah blah blah I already said it all.

If God wanted to perform a true miracle then he would have just said one word and made everything change, instead of going through all of this hassel.

The bottom line is that the bible is make believe. To make you believe that your going to hell if you don't believe in it.

JESUS HAS BEEN FRAMED BY THE CREATORS OF THE BIBLE.

#26    The Man

The Man

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 06:58 PM

We believe that God is Almighty... and his Miracles don't need explaining!  The fact that WE believe that these things DID happen... is enough for us... but not for the Non-Believers... they have to find proof for everything.........

Sounds exhausting to me!  w00t.gif  whistling2.gif

Not to be a prick Nxt2hvn, but I can tell you are faking your christianity beliefs.

Ive noticed a quote that you have under your avatar, it must mean something to you or else it wouldn't be there now would it.

If my memory can recall me correctly it says something like this,  Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out of it alive.

So I guess we as you and I don't have to take the bible very seriously now do we, or else we might not get out of life alive. So what your saying is to hell with everything, lets have fun do drugs, make lots of money have lots of sex, believe in ideals instead of religion, and so on.

Because if thats the way you feel then you really ought to get rid of that christian act your putting on, or else you should probably get rid of your signature under your Avatar.

Oh and One more thing God is almighty, yes he is and to be perfect and almighty then he is innocent and does not know what good or evil are. So therefore Hell and Satan do not exist, but only in the eyes of man. NOT IN THE EYES OF GOD.

We don't ask for proof just something reasonable to believe in, not dungeons and dragons or the bible.
OH HELL YEAH, TROW ME ANOTHER BEER. cool.gif

Edited by The Man, 11 March 2004 - 07:00 PM.

#27    Nxt2Hvn

Nxt2Hvn

Alien Abducter

• 5,083 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 07:07 PM

Not to be a prick Nxt2hvn, but I can tell you are faking your christianity beliefs.

It's not for you to judge me... NO I AM NOT FAKING THE FACT THAT I AM A CHRISTIAN!!!!!    But it doesn't matter what you "think".... it is between me and God!

If you will note I also post a lot in the Jokes and Humor section.. I have a great sense of humor and love to be around other people that do too.   And that is what I meant by my quote!!!... So stop trying so hard to read into something that isn't there!!

Don't question my beliefs... not that it is any of your business anyway!  thumbsup.gif

I don't have to defend my beliefs to you ....what do you know?

Edited by Nxt2Hvn, 11 March 2004 - 07:18 PM.

I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin. ~anonymous~

#28    The Man

The Man

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 07:23 PM

QUOTE (Nxt2Hvn @ Mar 11 2004, 07:07 PM)

It's not for you to judge me... NO I AM NOT FAKING THE FACT THAT I AM A CHRISTIAN!!!!!    But it doesn't matter what you "think".... it is between me and God!

If you will note I also post a lot in the Jokes and Humor section.. I have a great sense of humor and love to be around other people that do too.   And that is what I meant by my quote!!!... So stop trying so hard to read into something that isn't there!!

Don't question my beliefs... not that it is any of your business anyway!  thumbsup.gif

Whoa-Whoa. I must be quite correct or else you wouldn't have taken it so offensively.

I don't think anyones judgeing you, your only judgeing yourself.

#29    SilverCougar

SilverCougar

All hail the gods of Rum

• 10,873 posts

• The origonal Damneddirtytreehugging-
    paganhippiewerecougarrum pirate.

Posted 11 March 2004 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE (PsychicPenguin @ Mar 11 2004, 05:05 PM)
Found a bag a marijuana! grin2.gif

OK.. here's the answer

A long time ago the earth has only one continent, everything was rearranged because of the flood. Therefore it was not a big problem for each pair of the animal to walk accross the terrain to reach Noah's Ark (don't forget that God protected them in the journey). Also no adult large animal go on board, this will reduce the weight and space requirement considerably. Finally God made all the animals to hybernate on board, therefore they require no food.

1. Share

2. Not buying it.

Why? Because there are a ton of other stories about people and animals being saved by <insert deity/spirit/animal here> from a huge nasty flood.

See.. religious debates are like.. mice running on a wheel.  Not goin anywhere.

People who firmly believe in what the bible says ain't gunna magicaly go "By jove! You heathenistic pagans and athiests are right!"

And Us heathinistic pagans and athiests ain't gunna go "Cricky! The bible is the only way!!"

To each their very own.

Doctor_Strangelove: If only I lived in a world with no risk of piss tests. Then I could just sit here and
watch videos on angelfish and become one with nature.

#30    Nxt2Hvn

Nxt2Hvn

Alien Abducter

• 5,083 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 07:47 PM

QUOTE (The Man @ Mar 11 2004, 07:23 PM)
QUOTE (Nxt2Hvn @ Mar 11 2004, 07:07 PM)

Whoa-Whoa. I must be quite correct or else you wouldn't have taken it so offensively.

I don't think anyones judgeing you, your only judgeing yourself.

If I truly was not Christian.. it wouldn't bother me... actually coming from you... it shouldn't bother me either...

why am I responding .. when you don't even really exist?...   huh.gif

Who.. what was I posting....?  whistling2.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users