Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Obama Quote on Judges; Scary Views

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#1    rideron

rideron

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 06:35 PM

I have been an attorney for 25 years,

Until I learned more about him, I was excited by Obama for all the reasons most are; he is at first blush idealistically inspiring.

His idealism, however, now appears sophomoric based on his ideas regarding what he thinks makes for a 'good Federal Judge". Here's a quote from a July 17, 2007 speech to Planned Parenthood:

"We need somebody who's got the heart, the empathy, to recognize what it's like to be a young teenage mom. The empathy to understand what it's like to be poor, or African-American, or gay, or disabled, or old."

Sorry, but thats totally WRONG and COMPETELY antithetical to the whole idea of the RULE OF LAW IN SOCIETY.

Such sensitivities might serve an admirable legislator, but what nothing to do with judging. NO JUDGE should be swayed simply based on whichever party in a controversy stirs his or her empathy and emotion.

The statue of the figure of Justice is shown as being blind and weighing a scale for this very reason.  If sympathy is supposed to have any place in a Court, its for the jury, NOT the JUDGE.

For the Presidential Candidate of one of the major political parties to hold this kind of idea is very, very frightening.

Edited by rideron, 28 August 2008 - 06:35 PM.

#2    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,511 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 06:44 PM

..one can sense the sophomoric tension by simply watching Michelle Obama at the convention..

.. she looks extremely frightened ..

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#3    Neognosis

Neognosis

Telekinetic

• 7,159 posts

• Just try not to hurt anybody, ok?

Posted 28 August 2008 - 06:59 PM

I actually agree that the law should be applied free of emotion, but I don't think it's scary at all or in any way revealing that a presidential candidate would say this.

#4    Dixie-Girl

Dixie-Girl

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 88 posts

• "Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go thru life, son." -Dean Wormer-Animal House

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!

Posted 28 August 2008 - 07:04 PM

I can add this to the list of things that worry me about the Obamessiah. Sigh.

Laissez les bon temps rouler!

#5    Neognosis

Neognosis

Telekinetic

• 7,159 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 07:09 PM

Relax Dixie, this one is no more or less manufactured and skewed than the ones you cited in your other thread.

#6    Dixie-Girl

Dixie-Girl

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 88 posts

• "Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go thru life, son." -Dean Wormer-Animal House

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!

Posted 28 August 2008 - 07:15 PM

Neognosis on Aug 28 2008, 02:09 PM, said:

Relax Dixie, this one is no more or less manufactured and skewed than the ones you cited in your other thread.

We can all choose to either believe these things or not. What leads me to believe the worst about him are his associations. A hateful preacher and mentor for 20 years, a friend and associate who as of this day is unapolagtic for his terrorist bombings in our country, a wife with a history of angry, anti-American speaches and writings. A man is going to be judged by his associations and I think that's why Obama doesn't have a 15 point lead right now. Just my little opinion.

#7    Neognosis

Neognosis

Telekinetic

• 7,159 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 07:21 PM

We can all choose to either believe these things or not.

No, as citizens of a country that gives us the right to vote, we have the responsibility to find out the truth behind the campaign BS, not to continue to wallow in paranoid ignorance.

What friend and associate of Obama's bombed the country? What did Michelle Obama say that is anti-american?

You're piling ignorance upon more ignorance, building one false and biased conclusion upon another, one half truth upon another half truth.

#8    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,092 posts

• “Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while”

Posted 28 August 2008 - 07:24 PM

Dixie-Girl on Aug 28 2008, 07:15 PM, said:

We can all choose to either believe these things or not. What leads me to believe the worst about him are his associations. A hateful preacher and mentor for 20 years, a friend and associate who as of this day is unapolagtic for his terrorist bombings in our country, a wife with a history of angry, anti-American speaches and writings. A man is going to be judged by his associations and I think that's why Obama doesn't have a 15 point lead right now. Just my little opinion.

Yes, you have to wonder about a potential presidents associations. !!!!

Attached File  20080115_p011508cg_0605_515h.jpg   84.63K   17 downloads

Attached File  news_graphics_2008__438253a.jpg   14.69K   16 downloads

Attached File  04_26_DU.jpg   18.79K   11 downloads

Funny.....the hunt for Bin Laden has gone rather quiet lately....hmmmm.

Edited by itsnotoutthere, 28 August 2008 - 07:31 PM.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#9    Dixie-Girl

Dixie-Girl

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 88 posts

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!

Posted 28 August 2008 - 07:34 PM

Neognosis on Aug 28 2008, 02:21 PM, said:

No, as citizens of a country that gives us the right to vote, we have the responsibility to find out the truth behind the campaign BS, not to continue to wallow in paranoid ignorance.

What friend and associate of Obama's bombed the country? What did Michelle Obama say that is anti-american?

You're piling ignorance upon more ignorance, building one false and biased conclusion upon another, one half truth upon another half truth.

William Aires bombed a New York City police station and our Pentagon in the 60's and on September 11th, 2001 he said that he regretted not doing more. Obama went to Aires' home for advice when he political career was just taking off and Obama has given speeches with and served on a board with this man.

Michelle Obama said in a speech last year "For the first time in my adult life I am proud of my country". She said she was only proud now because her husband was running for president. She also said that "America is a downright mean country." I'd also be interested to read her college thesis. Some say that it is a racially charged and hateful rant. I don't know if that's true, which is why I'd like to read it.

#10    Dixie-Girl

Dixie-Girl

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 88 posts

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!

Posted 28 August 2008 - 07:36 PM

itsnotoutthere on Aug 28 2008, 02:24 PM, said:

Yes, you have to wonder about a potential presidents associations. !!!!

Attached File  20080115_p011508cg_0605_515h.jpg   84.63K   17 downloads

Attached File  news_graphics_2008__438253a.jpg   14.69K   16 downloads

Attached File  04_26_DU.jpg   18.79K   11 downloads

Funny.....the hunt for Bin Laden has gone rather quiet lately....hmmmm.

I thought liberals were all about being friends with those who want to wipe us out. Those pic should make you smile original.gif. Post a few of Clinton doing the same thing. Let's be fair here.

#11    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,092 posts

• “Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while”

Posted 28 August 2008 - 07:47 PM

Dixie-Girl on Aug 28 2008, 07:36 PM, said:

I thought liberals were all about being friends with those who want to wipe us out. Those pic should make you smile original.gif. Post a few of Clinton doing the same thing. Let's be fair here.

What would be the point? Clinton wasn't the president when a member of the Saudi royal family organized the deaths of 3000 american civilians. Perhaps if he were, they would have expended more effort in catching him.

Edited by itsnotoutthere, 28 August 2008 - 07:48 PM.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#12    Neognosis

Neognosis

Telekinetic

• 7,159 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 07:47 PM

William Aires bombed a New York City police station and our Pentagon in the 60's and on September 11th, 2001 he said that he regretted not doing more. Obama went to Aires' home for advice when he political career was just taking off and Obama has given speeches with and served on a board with this man.

Oh for ****'s sake, a 1960's radical? That Obama spoke to for political advice two decades ago? Are you intentionally trying to use the "terrorist" word to make an association with Obama and ME terrorists? I think you are. A member of the Weather Underground. He didn't kill anyone, and he is now a professor at the University of Illinois.

Michelle Obama said in a speech last year "For the first time in my adult life I am proud of my country". She said she was only proud now because her husband was running for president. She also said that "America is a downright mean country." I'd also be interested to read her college thesis. Some say that it is a racially charged and hateful rant. I don't know if that's true, which is why I'd like to read it.

So what? That's not anti-american. That's honesty. So she wasn't proud of america during her adult life until her president ran for president. And America can be downrigh tmean. What's the context? Of both those statements?

You know what, you are too far gone. It won't matter what happens or what's said, you've already drank more than your fair share of Kool Aid. You're biased right off, and you're going to find the worst you possibly can no matter what obama says or does.

thought liberals were all about being friends with those who want to wipe us out

ah, there it is. You aren't a concerned citizen weighing your options and asking quesitons. You're a conservative pretending to do so to advance your ideas. You're the worst kind of citizen, one who embellishes when it suits them and pretends to be asking open minded questions while pushing a conversation of innacurate partial truths designed to paint a further innacurate picture.

Edited by Neognosis, 28 August 2008 - 07:51 PM.

#13    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

Telekinetic

• 7,066 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 07:49 PM

Neognosis on Aug 28 2008, 07:47 PM, said:

Oh for ****'s sake, a 1960's radical? That Obama spoke to for political advice two decades ago? Are you intentionally trying to use the "terrorist" word to make an association with Obama and ME terrorists? I think you are. A member of the Weather Underground.

So what? That's not anti-american. That's honesty. So she wasn't proud of america during her adult life until her president ran for president. And America can be downrigh tmean. What's the context?

You knwo what, you are too far gone. It won't matter what happens or what's said, you've already drank more than your fair share of Kool Aid. You're biased right off, and you're going to find the worst you possibly can no matter what obama says or does.

ah, there it is. You aren't a concerned citizen weighing your options and asking quesitons. You're a conservative pretending to do so to advance your ideas.

She was reading Sean Hannity's daily talking points.  tongue.gif

#14    Incorrigible1

Incorrigible1

Government Agent

• 3,393 posts

• Champanya?

Posted 28 August 2008 - 07:50 PM

"I would not have nominated Clarence Thomas. I don't think that he was a strong enough jurist or legal thinker at the time for that elevation."

This from a 3 1/2 year Senator, now the Democratic Presidential nominee. Heh!

If a nation values anything more than freedom, it will lose its freedom; and the irony of it is that if it is comfort or money that it values more, it will lose that too. -- W. Somerset Maugham
Posted Image

#15    Cleomenes

Cleomenes

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 07:52 PM

Neognosis on Aug 28 2008, 02:47 PM, said:

You knwo what, you are too far gone. It won't matter what happens or what's said, you've already drank more than your fair share of Kool Aid. You're biased right off, and you're going to find the worst you possibly can no matter what obama says or does.

Sounds like she's not the only one.   rolleyes.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users