Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Jimmy Carter: Tool

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#16    Aztec Warrior

Aztec Warrior

Ancient Order of Hibernians Grand Master

• 3,339 posts

• A neoconservative is a "liberal mugged by reality," one who became more conservative after seeing the results of liberal policies.Iriving Kristol

Posted 30 August 2008 - 03:01 PM

Startraveler on Aug 30 2008, 09:52 AM, said:

Which began during the first Nixon administration and marked the entire decade of the 1970s.

Yes, and no.

During Carter's administration, the economy suffered double-digit inflation, coupled with very high interest rates, oil shortages, high unemployment and slow economic growth. Productivity growth in the United States had declined to an average annual rate of 1 percent, compared to 3.2 percent of the 1960s.

During the Presidential campaign of 1976, Democratic candidate, Jimmy Carter, made frequent references to the Misery Index, which by the summer of 1976 was at 13.57%. Carter stated that no man responsible for giving a country a misery index that high, had a right to even ask to be President. Carter won the 1976 election. However, by 1980, when President Carter was running for re-election against Ronald Reagan, the Misery Index had reached an all-time high of 21.98%. Carter lost the election to Reagan.

Posted ImageBlurring and Stirring the truth and the lies

So I don't know what's real and what's not
Always confusing the thoughts in my head
So I can't trust myself anymore
I'm dying again

#17    AROCES

AROCES

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 16,312 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 03:01 PM

Startraveler on Aug 30 2008, 03:52 PM, said:

Which began during the first Nixon administration and marked the entire decade of the 1970s.

Which Carter was suppose to fix and not make it even worst, right?

#18    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

Telekinetic

• 7,066 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 09:29 PM

Aztec Warrior on Aug 30 2008, 02:45 PM, said:

Clearly Jimma Carter was the worst President in the history of the United States, not only in his bungling of foreign policy especially in Iran and the Middle East oil embargo, but economically the worst since the great depression. Some of you may not like Bush for his policies, but the Economic situation in the US under carter could be summed up in a few words...STAGFLATION and the misery index.

You've got to be kidding. With all the evil tyrants that have ruled this country some panzy is the worst?

#19    AROCES

AROCES

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 16,312 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 03:41 AM

BlindMessiah on Aug 30 2008, 10:29 PM, said:

You've got to be kidding. With all the evil tyrants that have ruled this country some panzy is the worst?

Name one?

#20    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

Telekinetic

• 7,066 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 04:27 AM

AROCES on Sep 1 2008, 04:41 AM, said:

Name one?

Andrew Jackson... FDR... GWB...

#21    Plainbob13

Plainbob13

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,700 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 04:29 AM

BlindMessiah on Aug 31 2008, 11:27 PM, said:

FDR? Are you kidding?

#22    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

Telekinetic

• 7,066 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 04:33 AM

Plainbob13 on Sep 1 2008, 05:29 AM, said:

FDR? Are you kidding?

No. I'm very serious.

He placed United States citizens in concentration camps. He started the Manhattan project which led to the murder of a quarter million innocent women and children. He served four terms and had the constitutional limits to his powers nullified.

You don't consider that a tyrant? Are you kidding?

#23    Plainbob13

Plainbob13

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,700 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 04:42 AM

BlindMessiah on Aug 31 2008, 11:33 PM, said:

No. I'm very serious.

He placed United States citizens in concentration camps. He started the Manhattan project which led to the murder of a quarter million innocent women and children. He served four terms and had the constitutional limits to his powers nullified.

You don't consider that a tyrant? Are you kidding?

No I don't consider him a Tyrent. He brought the US out of the great depression. He lead the us throught WWII. He created a weapon the saved more lives then it took. ANd Yes. More would have died if the invasion of mainland japan happened. So he put Japanese in camps. It was war and hard to tell who was friend or enemy. Wow he served 3 terms.  It was 3 terms not 4. Get over it. Look at the time he was serveing in. He did more good then evil. Take off your rose coloured glasses. You need to see the world as it is not what you like it to be. I'll give you Bush and Jackson. but you are dead wrong on FDR.

Edited by Plainbob13, 01 September 2008 - 04:47 AM.

#24    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

Telekinetic

• 7,066 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 05:56 AM

Plainbob13 on Sep 1 2008, 04:42 AM, said:

He created a weapon the saved more lives then it took. ANd Yes. More would have died if the invasion of mainland japan happened.

He saved soldier's lives and murdered citizens.

So he put Japanese in camps. It was war and hard to tell who was friend or enemy.

So he unlawfully put US citizens in concentration camps? Yes, it's so difficult to tell US citizens and enemy soldiers.

Wow he served 3 terms.  It was 3 terms not 4.

Now you just look stupid. He served four.

Get over it.

No.

He did more good then evil. Take off your rose coloured glasses. You need to see the world as it is not what you like it to be.

Are you saying I want a world where this great nation elects murderers? No, I want a world where there is no war, where there is no hunger. A world where children don't go to bed and never wake up. I want a world where there is no disease. I want a world where great men lead our nations to prosperity. You are wearing the rose colored glasses my friend.

#25    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,789 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 01 September 2008 - 07:12 AM

Incorrigible1 on Aug 29 2008, 09:34 AM, said:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/elec...er_N.htm?csp=34

DENVER Former president Jimmy Carter called Republican presidential candidate John McCain a "distinguished naval officer," but he said the Arizona senator has been "milking every possible drop of advantage" from his time served as a prisoner of war in Vietnam."

At the expense of continuing a really pointless thread,

is there some part of this that is not true? Are you trying to say he is NOT a distinquished naval officer or that that statement is some kind of slight?

OR are you claiming that McCain is NOT milking every possible drop of advantage from being a POW? Because if you listened to every single one of his press stops, speeches and answers, he never fails to mention that he was a POW. By definition, that is "milking" it.

Or did you just want to slur former president Carter? Carter wasn't even really involved with the DNC convention. So you can hardly call him a tool.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#26    Incorrigible1

Incorrigible1

Government Agent

• 3,393 posts

• Champanya?

Posted 01 September 2008 - 12:25 PM

ninjadude on Sep 1 2008, 02:12 AM, said:

At the expense of continuing a really pointless thread,

is there some part of this that is not true? Are you trying to say he is NOT a distinquished naval officer or that that statement is some kind of slight?

OR are you claiming that McCain is NOT milking every possible drop of advantage from being a POW? Because if you listened to every single one of his press stops, speeches and answers, he never fails to mention that he was a POW. By definition, that is "milking" it.

Or did you just want to slur former president Carter? Carter wasn't even really involved with the DNC convention. So you can hardly call him a tool.

Thank you (seriously, no kidding) for defending Carter's comments. With friends like you...........

If a nation values anything more than freedom, it will lose its freedom; and the irony of it is that if it is comfort or money that it values more, it will lose that too. -- W. Somerset Maugham
Posted Image

#27    Plainbob13

Plainbob13

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,700 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 02:11 PM

BlindMessiah on Sep 1 2008, 12:56 AM, said:

He saved soldier's lives and murdered citizens.

So he unlawfully put US citizens in concentration camps? Yes, it's so difficult to tell US citizens and enemy soldiers.

Now you just look stupid. He served four.

No.

Are you saying I want a world where this great nation elects murderers? No, I want a world where there is no war, where there is no hunger. A world where children don't go to bed and never wake up. I want a world where there is no disease. I want a world where great men lead our nations to prosperity. You are wearing the rose colored glasses my friend.

No pal. You  are the dreamer. What you want will never happen so long as humans live. And as for being stupid you got that handled. You proved it when you called FDR a tyrant.  So keep wearing those shades and hope the world stays rosie for ya.

Edited by Plainbob13, 01 September 2008 - 02:50 PM.

#28    AROCES

AROCES

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 16,312 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 02:46 PM

BlindMessiah on Sep 1 2008, 05:27 AM, said:

So these tyrants left office for their terms ended, right?
And these tyrants was never prosecuted by the American people themselves, right?
And so far not one relative of these tyrants took them to justice for muder, right?

As you can see your definition of a tyrant really is quite screwed up, I think a tyrant to you is someone who's political view you disagree with.

#29    AROCES

AROCES

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 16,312 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 02:55 PM

BlindMessiah on Sep 1 2008, 06:56 AM, said:

Nice thought, now wake up and come back to earth.
A lot of great men has led the Nation to prosperity, just that those who got left behind or failed to get in the boat normally would blame someone else(specially the President) but themselves.

#30    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

Telekinetic

• 7,066 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 05:35 PM

AROCES on Sep 1 2008, 03:46 PM, said:

So these tyrants left office for their terms ended, right?

FDR served four terms and died in office, so no.

And these tyrants was never prosecuted by the American people themselves, right?

Jackson launched an illegal war to wipe out native Americans whe ncongress voted against the war. Not my fault he wasn't impeached.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users