Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Sen. McCain picks Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin for

• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

#31    Incorrigible1

Incorrigible1

Government Agent

• 3,393 posts

• Champanya?

Posted 29 August 2008 - 04:58 PM

sqlserver on Aug 29 2008, 11:57 AM, said:

Palin hasn't exactly been a pal of McCain's either. She's endorsed Obama's energy plan, and disagrees with McCain on a few issues.
http://sefermpost.typepad.com/sefermpost/2...lican-alas.html

Namely, drilling in ANWR.

If a nation values anything more than freedom, it will lose its freedom; and the irony of it is that if it is comfort or money that it values more, it will lose that too. -- W. Somerset Maugham
Posted Image

#32    pendora

pendora

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 470 posts

• Life is an Occasion. Rise to it!

Posted 29 August 2008 - 05:02 PM

The conspiracy theorists will have fun with this.

The illuminati...or reptilians or whatever...now get control of the oil state.

ROFL!!!

~  It amazes me that some people think their skepticism is of any importance to me at all.  ~

#33    Mr Honeybadger

Mr Honeybadger

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,838 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 05:05 PM

I disagree with her on many things. But I admire her diligence when it comes to wanting to make government smaller.  She is noted for cutting waste and spending. Where after hearing Obama's speech,  you needed a calculator to keep count of the number of new government programs he wants to put in place.

#34    Dixie-Girl

Dixie-Girl

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 88 posts

• "Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go thru life, son." -Dean Wormer-Animal House

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!

Posted 29 August 2008 - 05:06 PM

sqlserver on Aug 29 2008, 11:57 AM, said:

Palin hasn't exactly been a pal of McCain's either. She's endorsed Obama's energy plan, and disagrees with McCain on a few issues.
http://sefermpost.typepad.com/sefermpost/2...lican-alas.html

Ah, see I have alot to learn. But are these really bad things? I don't know if Biden can really tear her apart. She sounds like an independent thinker.

Laissez les bon temps rouler!

#35    SQLserver

SQLserver

Poltergeist

• 2,199 posts

• "Never underestimate the power of human stupidity"

Posted 29 August 2008 - 05:14 PM

Namely, drilling in ANWR.

Or more rightfully put:
Destroying the economy, environment, and one of our most beautiful national parks while at the same time making it easier to pollute and delaying the energy crisis!

#36    HKCavalier

HKCavalier

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 05:16 PM

Dixie-Girl on Aug 29 2008, 09:37 AM, said:

Just sayin', he wants to be elected, and I think this choice might help him. Maybe cynical and pandering, but smart.

What's smart about it?  You can count the pro-life Hillary supporters on one hand!  Seriously, I think this whole "disgruntled Hillary supporter" thing is gonna blow over before the election.  Before they were Hillary supporters they were Democrats and they'll be Democrats in the voting booth.  

All the Republicans have been able to use against Obama is his inexperience.  Now that's off the table.  And this less than single term governor would likely be President if McCain's health continues to deteriorate.  Of course, she's got a high approval rating!  She just replaced a corrupt Republican a year and a half ago--she's still in the honeymoon phase! laugh.gif  If Obama isn't "ready to lead," how is this freshman governor gonna be "ready?"  

But that's how the Republicans play it nowadays, no convictions, just opportunism.

This appointment is right in line with the current Admin's corrupt appointment policies.  Instead of "Good job Brownie," it'll be "Good job, Paly!"

#37    Incorrigible1

Incorrigible1

Government Agent

• 3,393 posts

• Champanya?

Posted 29 August 2008 - 05:17 PM

sqlserver on Aug 29 2008, 12:14 PM, said:

Or more rightfully put:
Destroying the economy, environment, and one of our most beautiful national parks while at the same time making it easier to pollute and delaying the energy crisis!

I categorically disagree. The drilling area is minuscule, and far from the natural beauties of the park.

"Delaying the energy crisis!" What an odd, Obamaesque statement. Like delaying the energy crisis is a bad thing.

Cheers to you, too.

If a nation values anything more than freedom, it will lose its freedom; and the irony of it is that if it is comfort or money that it values more, it will lose that too. -- W. Somerset Maugham
Posted Image

#38    MasterPo

MasterPo

Alien Abducter

• 4,975 posts

• So sue me....

Posted 29 August 2008 - 05:18 PM

Neognosis on Aug 29 2008, 11:47 AM, said:

Who cares? What are her policies? I don't care if she has a full sleeve of rock and roll tattoos and she pisses standing up. I want to know what her policies are.

Only stupid people vote for people based on how they look or sound or what their hobbies are.

Holy cow! I actually agree with you!!

Now I have to call a priest to see if Hell has frozen over. grin2.gif

The Po File - As told to MasterPo by MasterPo

Have the courage to read it.

#39    Mr Honeybadger

Mr Honeybadger

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,838 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 05:26 PM

The drilling in ANWR will be equivalent to the size of a postage stamp on a football field.  Nothing to get all excited about.

#40    SQLserver

SQLserver

Poltergeist

• 2,199 posts

• "Never underestimate the power of human stupidity"

Posted 29 August 2008 - 05:32 PM

"Delaying the energy crisis!" What an odd, Obamaesque statement. Like delaying the energy crisis is a bad thing.

I think we can all agree that fixing the energy crisis is far better then delaying it, no?
Especially when delaying it might create a REAL crisis in the future.

The drilling area is minuscule, and far from the natural beauties of the park.

The park and other wild areas around the world have already been destroyed by oil, even though they were not close to the drilling sites in general.

Heard of Oil spills? Perhaps pipeline leakage?

Besides: Who's to trust corporations to do the right thing if granted access to the parks? Corporations don't give a **** about the environment, and they are going to do what is cheapest, ethical or not.

I think this picture exemplifies another important point:
linked-image

In addition, you accidentally forgot to address the fact that more oil drilling will just mean continual pollution.

#41    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

Telekinetic

• 7,066 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 05:34 PM

sqlserver on Aug 29 2008, 04:36 PM, said:

Smart move for McCain.

Seriously though, I HATE this woman.

Lets take a look.

Wants to ruin one of our most beautiful national parks? Check.

Wants more oil, oil, and oil? Check

Claims that it wouldn't be bad if "alternatives to evolution" were taught in school? Check.

Anti-abortion rights? Check.

Anti-gay Liberties? Check.

Well I'm pro-life but good god... she's a Bible thumper...

#42    MasterPo

MasterPo

Alien Abducter

• 4,975 posts

• So sue me....

Posted 29 August 2008 - 05:34 PM

HKCavalier on Aug 29 2008, 01:16 PM, said:

All the Republicans have been able to use against Obama is his inexperience.

Funny, when I go interviewing for a job it's all about my experience, achievements, qualifications and references to be in that position.

How silly to expect the same of the President.

#43    HKCavalier

HKCavalier

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 05:46 PM

MasterPo on Aug 29 2008, 10:34 AM, said:

Funny, when I go interviewing for a job it's all about my experience, achievements, qualifications and references to be in that position.

How silly to expect the same of the President.

I think you're mistaking real experience, rightly measured in "achievements, qualifications and references," for the Republican talking-point version of experience, based solely on time in office--heretofore, anyway.  Now they'll be singing a different tune.

#44    Incorrigible1

Incorrigible1

Government Agent

• 3,393 posts

• Champanya?

Posted 29 August 2008 - 05:46 PM

sqlserver on Aug 29 2008, 12:32 PM, said:

I think we can all agree that fixing the energy crisis is far better then delaying it, no?
Especially when delaying it might create a REAL crisis in the future.

The park and other wild areas around the world have already been destroyed by oil, even though they were not close to the drilling sites in general.

Heard of Oil spills? Perhaps pipeline leakage?

Besides: Who's to trust corporations to do the right thing if granted access to the parks? Corporations don't give a **** about the environment, and they are going to do what is cheapest, ethical or not.

I think this picture exemplifies another important point:
linked-image

In addition, you accidentally forgot to address the fact that more oil drilling will just mean continual pollution.

Your photo seems to make my point, that the drill area is minuscule.

How much oil spilled in the Gulf of Mexico when Katrina hit?

Posted Image

#45    MasterPo

MasterPo

Alien Abducter

• 4,975 posts

• So sue me....

Posted 29 August 2008 - 05:50 PM

HKCavalier on Aug 29 2008, 01:46 PM, said:

I think you're mistaking real experience, rightly measured in "achievements, qualifications and references," for the Republican talking-point version of experience, based solely on time in office--heretofore, anyway.

I'm confused.

What sort of experience is there besides on the job ("time on office") experience?

When I go for a job all the postings say "Must have 5-7 years direct experience with ABC", "Must have 7-10 years hands-on experience with XYZ", "Must have N-years experience in the <whatever> business field", etc etc etc.

Is there another source of 'experience' I don't know about?

Now they'll be singing a different tune.

How so?

Gov. Palin has more executive buck-stops-here/make-the-hard-choice experience in her little finger than Obama hs in his whole body.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users