Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 5 votes

Lycans

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
412 replies to this topic

#1    deadtotheworld

deadtotheworld

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 09:03 PM

So basically, if I tell you "Lycanthropes are real" and your immeaditly going to ask for all sorts of proof, you're in the wrong place, and can leave this topic now.  I'm telling you this so that we dont have to go through tons if, "I WANT PICTURES" posts and such.

Now, with that as a warning, if you still go on to post comments like that, you'll only look stupid.

Now, for the big three words most humans cant stand; Lycanthropes are real.  I know what you're thinking already: impossible, prove it, unscientific, blah blah blah.  Well, I can tell you that I know it's true, because I am one (hold's breath for the 'I want pictures' comments).  Now, before you race off to post, let me explain.  I am not, nor do I know of any Lycans that can transform.  Not to say it's not possible, I just haven't ever seen it happen, or had it happen myself.  Lycanthropy is more of a mind state, our bodies dont physically transform, only mentally.

I know, I know: thats not a real werewolf, right?  Well, I dont know if you've noticed, but people have a tendicy to dramatize everything until it's so blatantly rediculous that no one beleives the truth.  It funny, in a sad sort of way.  There are many lycans in this world, though we do like to keep ourselves fairly hidden in the world, not telling people who or what we are.  So bassically, you could be working with a Lycan and not even know it.  

Our senses are higher than humans, though not as much as a true wolf's.  I once spoke to a Lycan who wore glasses.  And the full moon does have an effect on us, though not so much as the Hollywood movies try to make it.  It's more like a drug for us, but doesn't drive us totally nuts.

There's lots about up that humans dont know, like the fact that I've never been poisoned by silver (then again I've never dared to press the stuff to an open wound) though it feels very hot, like it just came out of a fire, but not hot enough to burn.

So, Im still expecting a few stupid comments, humans can't often accept what they cant prove (kudos to those of you that can).  And I'm willing to answer as many comments as I can.  But be warned that I dont know everything about my race (I'd like to see you answer everything about humans).

#2    NosmoKing

NosmoKing

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 09:48 PM

So do Lycans want people to know they exist or not?

Have you any idea how it feels to be a fembot living in a manbot's man-puter's world?

#3    deadtotheworld

deadtotheworld

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 09:51 PM

It depends on the Lycan.  It's not like we're monsters, so theres no reason people cant know about us.  but you also have to realize that most humans see us as crazy, and maybe we are.  But do you really want to have to live in a world where everyone thinks you're crazy?  No, it's better for those around you to think that you're just like them.  It's better to just fit in.  So we dont tend to tell people we know in real life about us, for fear of rejection.  Just because we're diffrent doesnt mean we dont want to be accepted.

#4    NosmoKing

NosmoKing

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 09:56 PM

Are you physically (body) a Lycan, or just mentally (brain)?

Have you any idea how it feels to be a fembot living in a manbot's man-puter's world?

#5    deadtotheworld

deadtotheworld

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:01 PM

Mentally I suppose.  I've never experianced the transformation that most beleive Lycans go through, though I can say I have rather wolfish qualities.  wink2.gif

Thats not to say that physical transformation isn't real, I'm a fairly optimistic person.  I've just never experianced, or spoken to othe rLycan's who've experianced it.

#6    NosmoKing

NosmoKing

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:04 PM

Does being a Lycan stop you being able to do anything a non-Lycan person would do? Also, if you could transform do you think that would make you dangerous?

#7    Schnaffler

Schnaffler

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

• Eagles may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Smell the cheese...

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:07 PM

The term "Lycan" and "Lycan Clan" comes from the film Underworld - are you telling us you are a character from a fictional film?

Otherwise, are you telling us you are suffering from clinical lycanthropy?

Clinical Lycanthropy

View Posteqgumby, on Jul 11 2008, 07:53 PM, said:

See, you CAN be an Atheist and NOT be a butthead

#8    deadtotheworld

deadtotheworld

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:12 PM

Hm, that first one is a good question, I've never really thought about it in detail.  I suppose there's a few little things, but nothing that really drastically changes my life.  Like, I've gone out with my friends on a full moon, though it's hard to concentrate on the conversation at hand when outside.  And it also keeps you from being totally honest with your freinds, you cant tell them everything.  

I find it doubtful that I'd become a 'monster' if transformed.  I think my animal instincts would take over; but, like real wolves, I doubt that I'd become some cheesy hollywood murderer.  Though that doesn't mean I wouldn't hurt someone if provoked; Lycans do tend to have short tempers and violent reactions; though I've never really hurt anyone.  

And if there are Lycans who transform, and they do become dangerous to people when such; I'd expect to hear mosr cases of deaths by animal attack in populated areas. So I'l a little skeptical about that.

#9    Plainbob13

Plainbob13

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,700 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:13 PM

Being a Lycan. Do they make you use separate restrooms, and cafes?

#10    deadtotheworld

deadtotheworld

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:15 PM

Underworld sucked, just thought I'd put that out there.  And you're wrong about the origin of the word, your explination kinda made me laugh.  I've never heard anyone claim the word Lycan came from a movie.

But perhaps this will quelm your doubts, the word Lycan came from the Greek lycos meaning wolf.  Werewolf is the english rendering, were meaning man.  I perfer the former, mainly because Hollywood has taken the word Werewolf and turned it into something it's not.
----------------------------------

Being a Lycan. Do they make you use separate restrooms, and cafes?

I suppose that was suppost to be funny?  Whatever, as I said, I'm here to be truthful with people who have real questions.  You dont have to beleive me, Im not asking you to.  But I do know that there are alot of people out there who want to know thruth to the myth, and I'll give them my own truths.

Edited by deadtotheworld, 30 August 2008 - 10:18 PM.

#11    Darcy Blake

Darcy Blake

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:16 PM

The term "Lycan" doesn't come from the film Underworld. The term had been used centuries before the release of the film.

deadtotheworld, I applaud you for telling it like it is. Although, must inform you that there are lycanthropes that can actually transform; in fact, I have seen a friend of mine transform once. . .

#12    NosmoKing

NosmoKing

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:17 PM

Deadtotheworld, as for not being totally honest with your friends, everyone has elements of themselves that the hide from others, for fear that they won't be accepted. I certainly have. It makes me feel different to everyone else. But difference is usually only in the mind.

Edited by NosmoKing, 30 August 2008 - 10:18 PM.

#13    deadtotheworld

deadtotheworld

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:22 PM

Thanks Darcy Blake.  And it's really cool that you got to experiance that.  

And that's true, NosmoKing, there are some of my more Human traits that I like to keep hidden too.  So I suppose our races arent as diffrent as many like to think they are.  Maybe one day we can live in the light for what we are.

#14    NosmoKing

NosmoKing

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:24 PM

How did you find out you were one? What age?

#15    Schnaffler

Schnaffler

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

• Eagles may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Smell the cheese...

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:27 PM

Darcy Blake on Aug 30 2008, 11:16 PM, said:

The term "Lycan" doesn't come from the film Underworld. The term had been used centuries before the release of the film.

Can you show me where, because the only use of the word I can find is in reference to the film and a Jedi from the Star Wars expanded universe?

Deadtotheworld: I am aware of the origins of "Lycan" from Lycanthropy thanks.

View Posteqgumby, on Jul 11 2008, 07:53 PM, said:

See, you CAN be an Atheist and NOT be a butthead

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users