Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * - - 5 votes

Lycans


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
412 replies to this topic

#271    JamieSymptom

JamieSymptom

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts
  • Joined:09 Oct 2008

Posted 30 March 2011 - 02:24 PM

View PostSakari, on 29 March 2011 - 07:45 PM, said:

If I had the internet as a teenager , I would have the biggest fore arms in the World....Probably carpo-tunnel also.....:blush:

lol, yeah - the dog-eared copies of 'Razzle' pinched from my mate's dad's bedside table would have been less awe-inspiring as a 13 year old if I'd already spent 4 years surfing the grubby corners of the web.

Kids these day don't know they're born

</old man rant>

Posted Image

#272    Sakari

Sakari

    tohi

  • Member
  • 12,569 posts
  • Joined:16 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

  • Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 30 March 2011 - 05:11 PM

View PostJamieSymptom, on 30 March 2011 - 02:24 PM, said:

lol, yeah - the dog-eared copies of 'Razzle' pinched from my mate's dad's bedside table would have been less awe-inspiring as a 13 year old if I'd already spent 4 years surfing the grubby corners of the web.

Kids these day don't know they're born

</old man rant>

:tu:

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm


#273    Bildr

Bildr

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Joined:30 Mar 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Quebec Province(Canada)

  • “Enlightenment is not imagining figures of light but making the darkness conscious.” -Carl Gustav Jung

Posted 30 March 2011 - 06:49 PM

Makes me think about ancient Norse Man, who some had the hability to ge ''berserk''. I woinder if old Story of lycanthropy can be related to that.And i heard about a possible virus called Lyc.V that could be responsible for ''lycanthropy''.

And what kind of clue you had to think you are Lycan?

When i was younger i used to asked myself if i had some thing like that cause of my right eye being yellow-ish sometimes and etc..., but i just thouth this was all silly due to the lack of solid scientific research and information on this except on mythology and wikipedia things.

Posted Image


#274    Agent. Mulder

Agent. Mulder

    Only man to have fought Sasquatch. And lived...

  • Member
  • 15,163 posts
  • Joined:08 Feb 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:london, ontario

  • ...highly unlikely, but not outside the realm of Extreme possibility.

Posted 04 April 2011 - 04:58 PM

View PostAsgaard, on 30 March 2011 - 06:49 PM, said:

Makes me think about ancient Norse Man, who some had the hability to ge ''berserk''. I woinder if old Story of lycanthropy can be related to that.And i heard about a possible virus called Lyc.V that could be responsible for ''lycanthropy''.

And what kind of clue you had to think you are Lycan?

When i was younger i used to asked myself if i had some thing like that cause of my right eye being yellow-ish sometimes and etc..., but i just thouth this was all silly due to the lack of solid scientific research and information on this except on mythology and wikipedia things.

No virus, but theres a mental condition known as clinical lycanthropy. So, those old norse men may have had a few screws loose.

the truth is out there....

#275    Kriegermonch

Kriegermonch

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,285 posts
  • Joined:24 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ohio

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:02 PM

View Postlycanorvamp, on 28 March 2011 - 06:09 PM, said:

Ok so maybe it doesn't make sense that way but I will let you come up with the analogy when I get the stupid proof. No I am not angry simply frustrated. Like I said before I never lied to any of you whether the science behind it makes sense or not. Anyway the likelihood of me making sense is decreasing every day due to lack of sleep but trying to make sense I never lied and I will not lie. It's as simple as that. You can believe me or you can disclaim it but I personally am what I am and I have even seen others change but you people except maybe Matt and Paul(with perhaps two others thrown in there) will believe what you will. For Paul and Matt I will post again with proof after I get aren back from Washington. Until then all of you can think what you will. I figure that is fair enough

Still in Washington?


#276    Carnivorous Entity

Carnivorous Entity

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 209 posts
  • Joined:02 Dec 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Bellevue, Washington

  • The year is 2027...

Posted 08 April 2011 - 03:11 AM

Sorry to disappoint you, but we don't have any werewolves here in Washington State. Only Sasquatches, damn shame  :no:

Member of UM since 2005 on a lost account.

#277    Kriegermonch

Kriegermonch

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,285 posts
  • Joined:24 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ohio

Posted 08 April 2011 - 02:19 PM

View PostCarnivorous Entity, on 08 April 2011 - 03:11 AM, said:

Sorry to disappoint you, but we don't have any werewolves here in Washington State. Only Sasquatches, damn shame  :no:


Maybe he meant D.C.? Plenty of blood suckers and ghouls there, to be sure.


#278    HerNibs

HerNibs

    Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

  • Member
  • 12,208 posts
  • Joined:03 Jan 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Colorado

  • Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 08 April 2011 - 02:36 PM

View PostPaul Disaster, on 08 April 2011 - 02:19 PM, said:

Maybe he meant D.C.? Plenty of blood suckers and ghouls there, to be sure.


And zombies.  Lots and lots of zombies.

Nibs

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#279    Kriegermonch

Kriegermonch

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,285 posts
  • Joined:24 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ohio

Posted 08 April 2011 - 03:33 PM

View PostHerNibs, on 08 April 2011 - 02:36 PM, said:

And zombies.  Lots and lots of zombies.

Nibs


Whaddaya say we split the difference and just say that city is full of the soulless?


#280    Urisk

Urisk

    Smiling like a killer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts
  • Joined:15 Jun 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Scotland

  • born to lose
    live to win

Posted 13 April 2011 - 08:50 PM

View PostAsgaard, on 30 March 2011 - 06:49 PM, said:

Makes me think about ancient Norse Man, who some had the hability to ge ''berserk''. I woinder if old Story of lycanthropy can be related to that.And i heard about a possible virus called Lyc.V that could be responsible for ''lycanthropy''.




Ah yes the Berskin, or Beserker. A group of Nordic warriors who would indulge in fly agaric before battle, while wearing a bear skin believeing that the combination would imbue them with the spirit of the bear. You also had a caste called the Ulfhednar who were similar only they wore... you guessed it... wolf pelts.

It's a fairly standard practice in  our ancient cultures, having totem sacred animals. It was said the Picts venerated animals like the wolf and would tattoo effigies of them onto their skin. And then take to battle naked believing the ink totems would protect them (although not all Picts did battle naked... and there is a very good reason for doing this too! If you were wounded while wearing clothes, a piece could get pushed into the wound causing it to become infected).

Posted Image

I have seen beyond the bounds of infinity and drawn down daemons from the stars

#281    SpiritTraveler

SpiritTraveler

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • Joined:03 Apr 2011
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Ontario Canada

  • "Everything is relative" - Elbert Einstein

Posted 18 April 2011 - 11:54 PM

View Postparanormalguy, on 16 October 2008 - 05:48 AM, said:

I guess I'm being a 'bit confusing, here it is simplified

Past Uses (before Underworld) - Lycanthropy  - Since Ancient times - Meaning "Wolf-Man-case"
----------------------------------------- Lycanthrope  - Very Recent times   - Medical term - delusions involving confusion of species
                                            
Post Underworld ------------------ Lycan ----------- Since release          - A person who changes into wolf/human hybrid
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Said creature has no basis in facts and is a product of authors imagination
                                                                                                  
          


Since Underworld there has been an explosion in the use of the term Lycan, which as shown in my other posts is not only incorrect in grammar and language but in several other factors. It is misused and overused, thanks to this piece of fiction there is a massive "epidemic" on the internet concerning these Lycans. For those that are simply "Role players" then have fun....to the others, quit being ignorant and grow up. Some people could maybe get away with vampirism but maybe pick something that can't be traced back only a few years. A werewolf would be much more convenient than a "Lycan". My studies and writing have debunked...if i may say....this rediculous subject. People make threads like "Lycans aren't Werewolves" and stuff, well it's pure crap. They aren't even in the same category. Werewolves were around long before they were written about, granted it could be the creation of man or some other case but thats like putting "Elves are not Humans". It's rediculous, I know lycans don't exist, and werewolves could very well not either but the difference is the way each "creature" came about. One is clearly and obviously fiction(lycan) and the other may have some basis in legend or even reality(werewolf)


I've have never seen the movie "Underworld" and I can honestly say I don't know much about werewolves eccept that I liked to read scary stories about them when I was young.

I agree with what you are saying but if I may say: The English language changes all the time and more and more new words are entered into the dictionary. New words usually are created by the "youth" of most cultures.  If the word is used often and sticks around long enough, it will become a part of our language. The term "hobbit " is now in the dictionary. Never used to be. It was also a fictitious creature, not a legend. (I know, not the perfect example). Or, are Lycans and werewolves as different as hobbits and dwarfs (which are both little people)?

Like I said, I've never seen the movie. Maybe there is something I've missed in these discussions. Are the Lycan and werewolf both man/wolf? Or are they different? If  these two words describe the same creature, couldn't the term "Lycan" become a new term for werewolf in our language and possibly make it to our dictionaries?

Please don't attack me. It's just that I'm very curious about this discussion. I'm older than most of you here and I know that werewolves and vampires are popular right now, and I like to read what the young have to say about it. Are werewolves different from when I was young?

Now Hobbits I know about!
Read LOTR 5 times. Saw the movie more than that. The book has been my fave since the 70s when I first read it..

Edited by SpiritTraveler, 19 April 2011 - 12:09 AM.

Posted Image

#282    Agent. Mulder

Agent. Mulder

    Only man to have fought Sasquatch. And lived...

  • Member
  • 15,163 posts
  • Joined:08 Feb 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:london, ontario

  • ...highly unlikely, but not outside the realm of Extreme possibility.

Posted 19 April 2011 - 03:48 PM

View PostSpiritTraveler, on 18 April 2011 - 11:54 PM, said:

I've have never seen the movie "Underworld" and I can honestly say I don't know much about werewolves eccept that I liked to read scary stories about them when I was young.

I agree with what you are saying but if I may say: The English language changes all the time and more and more new words are entered into the dictionary. New words usually are created by the "youth" of most cultures.  If the word is used often and sticks around long enough, it will become a part of our language. The term "hobbit " is now in the dictionary. Never used to be. It was also a fictitious creature, not a legend. (I know, not the perfect example). Or, are Lycans and werewolves as different as hobbits and dwarfs (which are both little people)?

Like I said, I've never seen the movie. Maybe there is something I've missed in these discussions. Are the Lycan and werewolf both man/wolf? Or are they different? If  these two words describe the same creature, couldn't the term "Lycan" become a new term for werewolf in our language and possibly make it to our dictionaries?

Please don't attack me. It's just that I'm very curious about this discussion. I'm older than most of you here and I know that werewolves and vampires are popular right now, and I like to read what the young have to say about it. Are werewolves different from when I was young?

Now Hobbits I know about!
Read LOTR 5 times. Saw the movie more than that. The book has been my fave since the 70s when I first read it..

What dictionary is the Hobbit in? And, it may also be in reference to homo floresiensis. But yes, the hobbit and lotr are incredible.

the truth is out there....

#283    minuteman

minuteman

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 210 posts
  • Joined:08 Oct 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Horseheads, NY

  • Nothing is permanent, not even death

Posted 20 April 2011 - 08:33 PM

just got done reading the thread in it's entirety. thanks a lot guys! i don't think i've ever laughed so hard in my life!

Posted Image

#284    SpiritTraveler

SpiritTraveler

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • Joined:03 Apr 2011
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Ontario Canada

  • "Everything is relative" - Elbert Einstein

Posted 26 April 2011 - 11:13 PM

View PostAgent. Mulder, on 19 April 2011 - 03:48 PM, said:

What dictionary is the Hobbit in? And, it may also be in reference to homo floresiensis. But yes, the hobbit and lotr are incredible.


The Mariam Webster Dictionary online. It's in reference to LOTR. There where other dictionaries that also came up when I Goggled it, but I went to Mariam Webster.

Posted Image

#285    Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen

    El Lobo

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,990 posts
  • Joined:27 Dec 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:10 AM

I already mentioned that I'm a lycan, right?

I actually ate Osama Bin Ladin, but Obama took credit, refusing to release pics of the body and supposedly having Ladin "buried at sea".
They don't want to know where Osama really is...

In my belly.

Life is too short to waste on responsibilities. :)




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users