Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 5 votes

Lycans

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
412 replies to this topic

#391    HeathenRoyalty

HeathenRoyalty

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 329 posts

• "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." -Hunter S. Thompson

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:15 PM

View PostPlanB, on 09 September 2013 - 08:45 PM, said:

Guys, I think I might be a lichen. Every full moon, I grow very slowly on the north side of trees. I believe the clinical term which I self-diagnosed myself with is called lichenthropy, which makes my condition sound much more legit than weremoss. I'd be willing to answer any questions that you have for me, but please, nothing dumb.

Hahaha, lichens. Nice.

#392    HeathenRoyalty

HeathenRoyalty

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 329 posts

• "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." -Hunter S. Thompson

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:19 PM

When it comes to the old world notion of werewolves, I really can't see it happening to much in the recent centuries. Maybe back at the beginning of some civilizations. Not so much anymore. That being said, there are some cultures around the world who have people that can shape shift into other animals. Seeing it isn't something that looks cool.  From what I've been taught, it would actually drive you mad. Unless of course you're used to seeing very unsettling things. My peoples have many stories of shape shifters, and to this day I know of a handful of people who have actually obtained his power.

#393    Skep B

Skep B

Savant of Depravity

• 5,562 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:58 PM

View PostHeathenRoyalty, on 09 September 2013 - 11:19 PM, said:

When it comes to the old world notion of werewolves, I really can't see it happening to much in the recent centuries. Maybe back at the beginning of some civilizations. Not so much anymore. That being said, there are some cultures around the world who have people that can shape shift into other animals. Seeing it isn't something that looks cool.  From what I've been taught, it would actually drive you mad. Unless of course you're used to seeing very unsettling things. My peoples have many stories of shape shifters, and to this day I know of a handful of people who have actually obtained his power.

nope, there are not.

just, physically impossible

unless youre being snarky.

in which case, good show

When you know what a man loves, you know what can kill him

#394    HeathenRoyalty

HeathenRoyalty

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:43 AM

Not snarky, just relaying what I know of my culture. To this day, the U.S. government cannot figure out how A.I.M. kept getting supplies at Wounded Knee. Even after they had surrounded the place. As for physically impossible I can agree. I don't expect anyone to believe what I've seen and grown up with. I've never seen werewolves, but the animals I have seen, show traits outside of normal animal behavior.

#395    Skep B

Skep B

Savant of Depravity

• 5,562 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:49 AM

View PostHeathenRoyalty, on 10 September 2013 - 01:43 AM, said:

Not snarky, just relaying what I know of my culture. To this day, the U.S. government cannot figure out how A.I.M. kept getting supplies at Wounded Knee. Even after they had surrounded the place. As for physically impossible I can agree. I don't expect anyone to believe what I've seen and grown up with. I've never seen werewolves, but the animals I have seen, show traits outside of normal animal behavior.

How so?

To this day, the U.S. government cannot figure out how A.I.M. kept getting supplies at Wounded Knee. Even after they had surrounded the place

I'd imagine the same way many of them snuck out before arrests were made.

#396    HeathenRoyalty

HeathenRoyalty

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:58 AM

It's certain details. Sounds they make are only imitations of the animal. And this alway sounds funny when I say it; But the eyes are always red. When an animal comes into a beam of light, the blood reflects different colors. When these 'animals" come into a beam of light, it only reflects red. Then, if you can actually glimpse the animal, it will always have a queer movement.

When it came time to leave Wounded Knee, the government had already let the perimeter fail. The holes in this perimeter were big enough to sneak people through.

#397    Skep B

Skep B

Savant of Depravity

• 5,562 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:01 AM

View PostHeathenRoyalty, on 10 September 2013 - 01:58 AM, said:

It's certain details. Sounds they make are only imitations of the animal. And this alway sounds funny when I say it; But the eyes are always red. When an animal comes into a beam of light, the blood reflects different colors. When these 'animals" come into a beam of light, it only reflects red. Then, if you can actually glimpse the animal, it will always have a queer movement.

Sounds like a mentally challenged or sick animal to me. And if you see multiple of these, then it would stand to reason to be genetic

When it came time to leave Wounded Knee, the government had already let the perimeter fail. The holes in this perimeter were big enough to sneak people through.

I meant that our govt has a bad habit of not admitting that they weren't as well covered as they think they weer, that was all I meant.

#398    HeathenRoyalty

HeathenRoyalty

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:10 AM

I would agree completely with that logic.  If at any given time, these things were present.  I don't just believe that any weird thing is anything more than something weird.  And I have seen many strange things out in the woods that are completely normal for the animal world. Although, people not seeing somethings all the time has a tendency to make them a little more ignorant than they would be normally. It's not something that I just make a split-second decision about either. I look, listen and watch when I can, to determine what I actually engaged with. I'm more skeptic than believer about things supernatural and paranormal.

Yes they do. And they love to lie.

#399    Papagiorgio

Papagiorgio

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

• I'm just saying.

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:10 AM

View PosttheSOURCE, on 09 September 2013 - 06:36 PM, said:

Lycan is derived from the word lykos as is lycanthrope derived from lykanthrõpia, which came into use around 1575.

It's origins have nothing to do with the movie Underworld.
The words lycanthrope/lycanthropy predate Underworld. The term Lycan does not.

I'm just saying.

#400    Asadora

Asadora

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:21 PM

View PostPlanB, on 09 September 2013 - 08:45 PM, said:

Guys, I think I might be a lichen. Every full moon, I grow very slowly on the north side of trees. I believe the clinical term which I self-diagnosed myself with is called lichenthropy, which makes my condition sound much more legit than weremoss. I'd be willing to answer any questions that you have for me, but please, nothing dumb.

Posted Image

Verrrry interresting....

:tu:

"From time to time there appear on the face of the earth men of rare and consummate excellence, who dazzle us by their virtue, and whose outstanding qualities shed a stupendous light. Like those extraordinary stars of whose origins we are ignorant, and of whose fate, once they have vanished, we know even less, such men have neither forebears nor descendants: they are the whole of their race."  -- Jean de la Bruyere 1645-1696.

#401    SusieL

SusieL

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:44 PM

Oh no a weremoss! Everybody RUN!

#402    theSOURCE

theSOURCE

Alien Abducter

• 4,450 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:10 AM

View PostPapagiorgio, on 10 September 2013 - 11:10 AM, said:

The words lycanthrope/lycanthropy predate Underworld. The term Lycan does not.

Seriously dude? This still bothers you that much? :wacko:

Okay. You go ahead and fanboy your hairy werewolves all you want.

I've got better things to concentrate on. :tu: :w00t:

Posted Image

#403    Papagiorgio

Papagiorgio

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

• I'm just saying.

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:19 PM

View PosttheSOURCE, on 11 September 2013 - 01:10 AM, said:

Seriously dude? This still bothers you that much? :wacko:

Okay. You go ahead and fanboy your hairy werewolves all you want.

I've got better things to concentrate on. :tu: :w00t:

Posted Image
People spreading inaccurate information bothers me yes. You're wrong and can't handle it so you turn to insults. That's bad form. :td:
Edit to add that Kate Beckinsale is smokin'.

Edited by Papagiorgio, 12 September 2013 - 02:20 PM.

I'm just saying.

#404    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:53 PM

Has the kid that made the claim even posted since?

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#405    theSOURCE

theSOURCE

Alien Abducter

• 4,450 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:00 AM

View PostPapagiorgio, on 12 September 2013 - 02:19 PM, said:

People spreading inaccurate information bothers me yes. You're wrong and can't handle it so you turn to insults. That's bad form. :td:

I explained to you that the term Lycan was "in use" (your words) in my first post. Myself and several writers I know were using that term before the first Underworld movie came out. And even if I were the first person to use that term (I wasn't), it still would mean that it was "in use" (perhaps not in common vernacular, but it was getting there).

You, on the other hand, chose to ignore what I wrote and stuck with your movie theory. What else was left but to poke a little fun?

I'll tell you what: Let's just agree to disagree.

Edit to add that Kate Beckinsale is smokin'.

Now this I absolutely agree with... :tu:

...even though my girl friend will probably kill me for saying so. :unsure2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users