Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

American Atlantis

• Please log in to reply
1284 replies to this topic

#1036    Dragonwind

Dragonwind

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 181 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:06 AM

As an architect/urban planner myself I still find it strange the difference in civilisation between north and south america. Why is it that in north america they basically only got to the level of wooden cities with most tribes living in teepee's similar to their siberian origins, yet in central/south america they are smelting gold, writing astronomy codex's and building massive stone pyramids and cities? What was it that caused the amerinds in central and south america to advance so far ahead of their north american brothers?

I would like to believe there was an external influence from the mediteranean or east asia on the america's but there is very little bullet proof evidence. I'd like to see more information on the asian influence. The cities of central and south america are not vastly old and much of ancient asian history (particularly china) is not recorded or sustained well. It is also not focussed on as much as history from the mediteranean and middle east. An example is the mayan paintings depicting 'white people' being tortured but these could also be depictions of fairer east asians.

#1037    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 8,629 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:09 PM

View PostDragonwind, on 31 July 2012 - 09:06 AM, said:

An example is the mayan paintings depicting 'white people' being tortured but these could also be depictions of fairer east asians.
Can you provide a link to any Maya artwork depicting what you claim in the above?

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#1038    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,071 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:55 PM

View PostHarte, on 31 July 2012 - 12:09 PM, said:

Can you provide a link to any Maya artwork depicting what you claim in the above?

Harte

I think it's this one:

Posted Image

And I got it from this site:

http://inthecavityof...in-ancient.html

Below the pic it says Morris, 1931.

EDIT:

A bit more digging:

"Temple of the Warriors" Earl H. Morris

http://onlinelibrary....4.02a00220/pdf

Morris, Earl H., Jean Charlot and Ann Axtell Morris 1931
The Temple of the Warriors at Chichén Itzá, Yucatan. Carnegie Institution of Washington Publication No. 406, Vol I and Vol. II Plates.

http://www.jeancharl...otmcvicker.html

It looks like a copy of a Mayan picture, made by Jean Charlot.

PDF (30 MB):
http://www.jeancharl...arnegieItza.pdf

EDIT:

I searched through the whole pdf (323 illustrations), but the pic I posted is not in it.

Edited by Abramelin, 31 July 2012 - 03:29 PM.

#1039    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 8,629 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:30 PM

Both sides of the fence are played by the fringe on this topic.

1) The "light skinned fair-haired" people can't be explained because no Mesoamericans were white.
2) The "black-skinned" figures prove that the Olmec came from Africa.

Which is it?

Neither one of these, this I can tell you.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#1040    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,071 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:45 PM

On "one side of the fence" are the Mormons (about 'whites' showing up in Aztec and Mayan art), as you can see by the first link I posted in my former post.

But as far as I remember, 'white' was the color of the dead in Mayan/Aztec art, or the color of the 'about to be dead soon'.

#1041    Dragonwind

Dragonwind

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 181 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:04 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 31 July 2012 - 04:45 PM, said:

On "one side of the fence" are the Mormons (about 'whites' showing up in Aztec and Mayan art), as you can see by the first link I posted in my former post.

But as far as I remember, 'white' was the color of the dead in Mayan/Aztec art, or the color of the 'about to be dead soon'.
This is the thing, no art is bulletproof evidence because it is often symbolic. Nor is architecture but I still find it a mystery regarding civilization differences between north and south America.

The Olmec statues look just as much Asian (ie amerind) as they do black.

#1042    AMARUKHAN111666888

AMARUKHAN111666888

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:33 AM

Posted ImagePosted Image
Tiwanaku

#1043    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,071 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:57 AM

If you look closely, the pattern on the chest of the figurine found in the Oseberg ship (top photo) does not match the field pattern found near Tiwanaku.

What's interesting, however, is that the Oseberg figurine including the swastika pattern on its chest may have been inspired by images/figurines of Buddha:

Posted Image
One of my absolute favorite finds in any Viking grave. This is a Buddha statue dating back from 6th century India. It powerfully illustrates how goods traveled in the early middle ages- most likely a Scandinavian bought this statue from an Arab trader, who previously bought it from a travelling Asian merchant.

http://cice.blog.gus...lmemoriessthlm/
http://en.wikipedia....ki/Oseberg_ship

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Abramelin, 19 April 2013 - 11:58 AM.

#1044    wondertemple

wondertemple

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:46 PM

https://encrypted-tb...AYXvJkGmNdQ14CR
Notice the cluster of dots and the triad above his head, and then the doorway with dots on stones.  The seven dots represent the Pleiades,  the Three dots represent the home world of the Maya/Egyptian Gods.
This is is why Quetzalcoatl Topiltzin, one reed, is depicted with the Pleiades cluster of stars/dots above him from this book: Topiltzin Quetzalcoatl: The once and future lord of the toltecs.  H.B. Nicholson
or beside him on his flail.  The picture of the Pleiades exactly as seen in above photo of stonework, the dots are sacreligious or sacred meaning in their positioning to represent the stars, there is a picture in this book by Mr. Nicholson with the dots as stars exactly like the dots (whether or not poured concrete, I believe them to be quarried that way on purpose and fit with purpose) in the picture of a temple in Latin America?  where abouts ?  proof for Atlantis in Mesoamerica and Atlas and Pleiades are involoved with Quetzalcoatl their christ feathered serpent.  The information about these seven dots are on www.hiddenrecords.com

#1045    wondertemple

wondertemple

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:48 PM

Posted ImageThis
is what I am talking about as the Dots resemble the stars in the Pleiades constellation.  Again, see wayne herschel's hidden records.com

I also wanted to thank Psychic Spy and Samspade for their fresh insight into ancient shamanistic drug use/experience/trade/culture.  The experience of the plant world lends us to experience God, it is a reward, as Graham Hancock (see video upload by Samspade on aliens fairies spirits fairies) of our spirit guides thanking us for finally seeing the light and using the technology of the plant as a doorway to access higher dimensions.  

In todays world we are on the edge of the abyss of our survival.  No longer are Buddha, Pan, Jesus, Quetzalcoatl in context without mushrooms as the church and government would like for us to believe, in fact, it is well known the arcane knowledge in art depicting soma and psychoactive substances around the feet and head of the savior.  

Do we have the right to own our own minds?  
This question is fundamental to our survival in the future.  OTherwise we come off as overly academic zombies living in a world that the devil loves to pick apart.  

As far as Atlantis, it is a disease of the eye.  Psychic Spy has presented more than enough evidence.  The only thing left is too read Atlantis in America, go to hidden in plain sight by Carl Borhegyiwww.mushroomstone.com/and then watch Graham Hancock talk about aliens as Fairie0otropes, (do some good psychedelics and see for youself)  and then finally go to   www.thehiddenrecords.com/ for the info about the pleiades
Again thanks to everybody whose not a skeptic.

#1046    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Telekinetic

• 7,287 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:46 AM

Wondertemple, the "dots" are technically called bosses. They are commonly observed on megalithic buildings the world over, including in Egypt and Mesoamerica. They were meant to be shaved down, and in most cases they were, but many were left exposed. They were a means to help position individual blocks of masonry exactly as they were meant to be placed. A way to help manhandle masonry, in other words. The same features are found on any number of unfinished sarcophagi from pharaonic Egypt.

They are bits of unfinished construction, not astrological devices.

Posted Image
Words of wisdom from Richard Clopton:
For every credibility gap there is a gullibility fill.

Visit My Blog!

#1047    wondertemple

wondertemple

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:38 PM

kmt_sesh

Nice to know but I found nothing about "bosses" online.  And unless you are the Boss of the Giant Megalithic mound and temple builders I'm a skeptic of the "dots" being "bosses".  Why have two per stone and one on other stones?  I'm not saying they are astrological devices.  The dots/bosses may indeed have carry a message of the heavens since they were left in the pattern that resembles the Pleiades.  The Pleiades dots/bosses are embossed on clay tablets and stone art around the world, at every scale.  Have you yet to check out the work of Wayne Herschel at the Hidden Records?  I would be interested to see how you discredit his work on the subject of the Pleiades star map and of the "home star of the Gods", the Gods who came to earth to leave their starmap here.  Anyway, thanks for the feedback as weak-legged as it seems. Peace

#1048    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

Lector Historiae

• 8,678 posts

• "You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make him think." Dorothy Parker

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:17 PM

I can't imagine what sort of sad effort you put into searching an architectural feature like a boss to find literally nothing. Here's a start for you:

http://en.wikipedia...._(engineering).

Your lack of research and knowledge should not be an excuse to lambast kmt, who is one of the most knowledgable people who post here and is always kind enough to share his expertise. It might be a little more becoming of you to show some gratitude if you want to stick around.

--Jayleurph

"... amongst the most obstinate of our opinions may be classed those which derive from discussions in which we affect to search for the truth, while in reality we are only fortifying prejudice."     -- James Fenimore Cooper, The Pathfinder

Posted Image

Deeply venial

#1049    Oniomancer

Oniomancer

Soulless Minion Of Orthodoxy

• 3,178 posts

• Question everything

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:06 PM

View Postwondertemple, on 02 July 2013 - 05:38 PM, said:

kmt_sesh

Nice to know but I found nothing about "bosses" online.  And unless you are the Boss of the Giant Megalithic mound and temple builders I'm a skeptic of the "dots" being "bosses".  Why have two per stone and one on other stones?  I'm not saying they are astrological devices.  The dots/bosses may indeed have carry a message of the heavens since they were left in the pattern that resembles the Pleiades.  The Pleiades dots/bosses are embossed on clay tablets and stone art around the world, at every scale.  Have you yet to check out the work of Wayne Herschel at the Hidden Records?  I would be interested to see how you discredit his work on the subject of the Pleiades star map and of the "home star of the Gods", the Gods who came to earth to leave their starmap here.  Anyway, thanks for the feedback as weak-legged as it seems. Peace

You've managed to single out one set out of many though. If you follow some of the ancient aliens threads in the ET subforum, you'll see these things practically cover some of buildings in question. You may see too that the number, size and placement of the protrusions appears to be relative to the size of the stones, with two or more appearing on larger stones rather than smaller more often than not.

"Apparently the Lemurians drank Schlitz." - Intrepid "Real People" reporter on finding a mysterious artifact in the depths of Mount Shasta.

#1050    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Telekinetic

• 7,287 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:36 AM

View Postjaylemurph, on 02 July 2013 - 07:17 PM, said:

I can't imagine what sort of sad effort you put into searching an architectural feature like a boss to find literally nothing. Here's a start for you:

http://en.wikipedia...._(engineering).

Your lack of research and knowledge should not be an excuse to lambast kmt, who is one of the most knowledgable people who post here and is always kind enough to share his expertise. It might be a little more becoming of you to show some gratitude if you want to stick around.

--Jayleurph

Thanks for the support, jaylemurph—and never underestimate your own significant contributions to this forum. You should call on your Basset Masters to rain down thunder on the fringe and restore some order to this world. In any case I'm in a mellow mood today so wondertemple's tantrum doesn't bother me. Sometimes you just have to shake your head and chuckle, right?

I can't get your link to work on my end so I'm going to post a couple in my reply to wondertemple.

Posted Image
Words of wisdom from Richard Clopton:
For every credibility gap there is a gullibility fill.

Visit My Blog!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users