Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

American Atlantis

• Please log in to reply
1338 replies to this topic

#1051    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Telekinetic

• 7,519 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:57 AM

View Postwondertemple, on 02 July 2013 - 05:38 PM, said:

kmt_sesh

Nice to know but I found nothing about "bosses" online.  And unless you are the Boss of the Giant Megalithic mound and temple builders I'm a skeptic of the "dots" being "bosses".  Why have two per stone and one on other stones?  I'm not saying they are astrological devices.  The dots/bosses may indeed have carry a message of the heavens since they were left in the pattern that resembles the Pleiades.  The Pleiades dots/bosses are embossed on clay tablets and stone art around the world, at every scale.  Have you yet to check out the work of Wayne Herschel at the Hidden Records?  I would be interested to see how you discredit his work on the subject of the Pleiades star map and of the "home star of the Gods", the Gods who came to earth to leave their starmap here.  Anyway, thanks for the feedback as weak-legged as it seems. Peace

I'd have to echo jaylemurph's surprise over your failed efforts at finding something about bosses in ancient stone construction. Allow me to post an explanatory link similar to jaylemurph's. These Wiki articles are not opening properly on my end, so just to play it safe, I'm directing you to the Google page in my search. It's the very first link on the page:

Click top link on this page

Note especially the photo in the top-left corner, of a masonry wall at Segesta. There really is no mystery here. Anyone who's conducted research in ancient masonry construction is familiar with this and a myriad of other fundamentals.

There is also this from Dieter Arnold's book The Encyclopaedia of Ancient Egyptian Architecture (page 33):

Bossed stones are blocks whose surface has been left completely or partly unfinished. This feature is not a decorative element in Egyptian architecture, but is instead an indication that the smoothing process has not been completed.

(Italic emphasis mine.)

Arnold is one of the leaders in the field of pharaonic masonry construction, so I'd feel quite comfortable in trusting his word. These bosses are not the same as "dots" found on clay tablets or on ancient art. They're simply a construction byproduct.

On a closing note, no, I was not familiar with Wayne Herschel so I googled him and found his website. I perused some of the pages so I could get an understanding of what he's about. In short, I am not impressed. He strikes me as another modern New Age proponent advocating ancient aliens, Atlantis, the Giza Orion "theory," and any number of other misrepresentations of ancient cultures. My apologies for being so blunt, especially if you enjoy this fellow's work, but if you want to come at me in a debate environment, you had better choose your sources a lot more carefully. I prefer academically sound, peer-reviewed research, not something from the woo-woo cult.

Posted Image
Words of wisdom from Richard Clopton:
For every credibility gap there is a gullibility fill.

Visit My Blog!

#1052    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 8,966 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:10 AM

Here's a pic of a wall of the temple Kmt is talking about:
Posted Image

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#1053    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,519 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:15 AM

View PostHarte, on 03 July 2013 - 03:10 AM, said:

Posted Image

Harte

You sure those are bosses Harte? Looks to me like the constellation Bullscheise I. :lol:

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#1054    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 8,966 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:36 AM

Maybe it's a seating area and the protuberances are buttscratchers.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#1055    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,219 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:05 AM

View PostHarte, on 03 July 2013 - 03:10 AM, said:

Posted Image

Harte

Uh oh...Where is Zoser when you need him?

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#1056    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Telekinetic

• 7,519 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:13 PM

View Postbadeskov, on 03 July 2013 - 04:05 AM, said:

Uh oh...Where is Zoser when you need him?

Cheers,
Badeskov

Bad badeskov! Don't encourage him!

Posted Image

Visit My Blog!

#1057    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,219 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:00 AM

View Postkmt_sesh, on 03 July 2013 - 10:13 PM, said:

Bad badeskov! Don't encourage him!

:whistle:

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#1058    DingoLingo

DingoLingo

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:44 AM

is contemplating getting bad a muzzle if he keeps it up sesh :D

#1059    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Telekinetic

• 7,519 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 02:44 AM

View PostDingoLingo, on 05 July 2013 - 09:44 AM, said:

is contemplating getting bad a muzzle if he keeps it up sesh :D

Whatever it takes, Dingo. Whatever it takes. :devil:

Posted Image

Visit My Blog!

#1060    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,219 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 02:49 AM

View Postkmt_sesh, on 06 July 2013 - 02:44 AM, said:

Whatever it takes, Dingo. Whatever it takes. :devil:

Uh oh...*slowly backs away mumbling to self*

#1061    AMARUKHAN111666888

AMARUKHAN111666888

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:26 PM

indeed The Amerikas was Atlantis, the center or capital was in the central Andes region, which it was called "KA" that means Land, country, the districts were called MAR'ka. The whole continent was called AMARUKA or the noble Dragon's land.The ancient amerikhans called themselves KARA O KAIRA that comes from KA "land" ARA "man". so KARA o kaira meant "country man" o citizen.  

The KARA were a maritime civilization, they reached the so called old world thausand years ago,with their rituals, knowledge, and  crops, The Kara did expedition to rest of the world by boats, each fleet was commanded by a MANu leader("man.MENEN. MEN). The leaders or MANUs  had a trail that would  distinguished from the rest, it was their long ears.

The Kara stopped to rest on the TAHITI "far from home" and Eastern  island. that is it, the Moai were placed around the island border as reference points
They founded
Saqa kara "those who came to stay" - egipt
KArachi (those who are completed), Harapa in the indian continent.
UR, URU "day, or morning star or VENUS", URUK " the land of river, land of lagoons or the land of swamp" in Mesopotamia.

• old world's -   ayamra/runa simi
Milk    milky
Mark "land"    marka "district, land"
parla "talk" parlay "talk"
yellow   
jungle yunga
theacher ta'tichir'ry
six, seis, sexto (6)    sexta

ill "God" ill " splendorous"
amurru ( plummed snake) amaru Andean Dragon
chakras (tibet, Space)   chakra ( parcel as for land)
Kala (time) kalasasaya (rock columms to track the sun)

Edited by AMARUKHAN111666888, 17 July 2013 - 03:00 PM.

#1062    AMARUKHAN111666888

AMARUKHAN111666888

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:50 PM

• Charqui or charque, is a form of jerky common in South America made from dried and salted meat, originally llama where this animal roamed.
  • the earliest mummy that has been found in Egypt dated around 3000 BC,[1] while the oldest mummy recovered from the Atacama Desert is dated around 7020 BC.[2] The artificial mummies of Chinchorro are believed to have first appeared around 5000 BC and reaching a peak around 3000 BC. Often Chinchorro mummies were elaborately prepared by removing the internal organs and replacing them with vegetable fibers or animal hair. In some cases an embalmer would remove the skin and flesh from the dead body and replace them with clay.
  • Did the ancient egiptcians used salt to preserve their death? the answer is yes, where did get that knowladge? from the KARA

#1063    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

Lector Historiae

• 8,818 posts

• "You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make him think." Dorothy Parker

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:13 PM

So are there any sources for this... I am hesitant to use the word information, since that implies it wasn't just a voice in your head. It certainly wasn't from someone educated in linguistics.

--Jaylemurph

Edited by jaylemurph, 17 July 2013 - 06:13 PM.

"... amongst the most obstinate of our opinions may be classed those which derive from discussions in which we affect to search for the truth, while in reality we are only fortifying prejudice."     -- James Fenimore Cooper, The Pathfinder

Posted Image

Deeply venial

#1064    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,273 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:14 PM

View Postjaylemurph, on 17 July 2013 - 06:13 PM, said:

So are there any sources for this... I am hesitant to use the word information, since that implies it wasn't just a voice in your head. It certainly wasn't from someone educated in linguistics.

--Jaylemurph

Besides that, a Charqui is a wood burning oven in Greek

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#1065    AMARUKHAN111666888

AMARUKHAN111666888

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:30 PM

Anubis

Posted Image
Anubis is one of the most iconic gods of ancient Egypt. Anubis is the Greek version of his name, the ancient Egyptians knew him as Anpu (or Inpu). Anubis was an extremely ancient deity whose name appears in the oldest mastabas of theOld Kingdom and the Pyramid Texts as a guardian and protector of the dead.

ANU (dog in aymara)

Posted Image
In the Andean oral tradition, there is an ANU "black dog" waiting for the souls to help them to cross a river to the afterlife.

Edited by AMARUKHAN111666888, 18 July 2013 - 04:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users