Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

American Atlantis

• Please log in to reply
1338 replies to this topic

#826    Superman

Superman

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 11:55 PM

Let's all try to be civil and conduct ourselves like adults without resulting to profanity and insults.

Thanks,

Akaebeel

[Forum Mod Team]

#827    M.A.D CapeBretoner

M.A.D CapeBretoner

Psychic Spy

• 1,416 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 05:10 AM

Akaebeel on Dec 24 2008, 12:55 AM, said:

Let's all try to be civil and conduct ourselves like adults without resulting to profanity and insults.

Thanks,

Akaebeel

[Forum Mod Team]

well lets see what is and what isn't.

#828    darkbreed

darkbreed

Psychic Spy

• 2,052 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 05:52 AM

I wish I had something interesting and exciting to come up with here today, but I don't.

So instead, I'll wish you all a merry christmas and a happy coming new year - hope you all will have some great times.

And, of course I do hope some new groundbreaking discoveries will be made regarding Atlantis, and the ancient connections in general =)

Best wishes all

-EA

www.PleiadianTalk.tk/ - Perspectives from a member of the Great White Brotherhood
American Atlantis Research - Documenting pre-colombian world migration and Atlantis-America
Increase your astral proection skills - Here at Unexplained Mysteries Forums!

#829    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,432 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 05:50 PM

Merry Christmas to you, too, darkbreed. Eat, drink, an be merry! That's what the holidays are all about--calories, calories, and more calories. grin2.gif

Posted Image
Words of wisdom from Richard Clopton:
For every credibility gap there is a gullibility fill.

Visit My Blog!

#830    Vertical Gunn

Vertical Gunn

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 176 posts

• Angel

Posted 25 December 2008 - 08:46 PM

Yeah, wasn't there multiple Atlantises?

#831    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 10,890 posts

• I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious. ~ Einstein

Posted 26 December 2008 - 09:47 PM

darkbreed on Dec 25 2008, 03:52 PM, said:

I wish I had something interesting and exciting to come up with here today, but I don't.

So instead, I'll wish you all a merry christmas and a happy coming new year - hope you all will have some great times.

And, of course I do hope some new groundbreaking discoveries will be made regarding Atlantis, and the ancient connections in general =)

Best wishes all

-EA

Merry Christmas!!!
I myself found something interesting last night I wanted to share. While reading a book I came across this intriguing botanical fact:

"It is known that the Olmecs successors wore garments from a strain of cotton that is thought to be a cross between a wild American variety and the long staple Egyptian type. It is highly improbable that cotton seeds from the Nile Valley floated across the Atlantic to Mexico, among other things, prolonged immersion in salt water would have killed the seeds."

So, there you go, maybe some interesting info, I don't post much anymore but thought this was worth mention Darbreed, I personally found it exciting.

"The agony and the irony, they're killing me"
Flagpole Sitta - Harvey Danger

#832    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,127 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 27 December 2008 - 12:58 AM

The Puzzler on Dec 26 2008, 10:47 PM, said:

Merry Christmas!!!
I myself found something interesting last night I wanted to share. While reading a book I came across this intriguing botanical fact:

"It is known that the Olmecs successors wore garments from a strain of cotton that is thought to be a cross between a wild American variety and the long staple Egyptian type. It is highly improbable that cotton seeds from the Nile Valley floated across the Atlantic to Mexico, among other things, prolonged immersion in salt water would have killed the seeds."

So, there you go, maybe some interesting info, I don't post much anymore but thought this was worth mention Darbreed, I personally found it exciting.

If we are to consider diffusion, the temporal sequence is again important. The earliest archaeological cotton (G. arboreum) textiles in the Old World were found in the Harappan culture of the Indus Valley about 2000 B.C. (Sauer 1994: 100). The earliest cotton (G. Herbaceum A) in Africa was found in Afyea, Egyptian Nubia dated at 2500 B.C. Cotton seed and lint hairs intermediate between those of wild forms and those of cultivated species were found, but there was no sign of weaving at that time (Zohary and Hopf 1993: 128). In the New World, the oldest tetraploid G barbadense (AADD) cotton textiles were found in Quiani, Chile, a Chinchorro site that was dated to 3600 B.C. (Sauer 1994:101). Junius Bird found evidence for the long use of cotton textiles at Huaca Prieta, Peru dated at 2500 B.C. (Hutchinson 1962; Phillips 1976). In the case of tetraploid G.hirsutum (AADD), the oldest archaeobotanical remains begin about 3500 B.C. in the Tehuacan caves (Sauer 1994:103; Wendel 1995:362-363). Phillips (1976) and Wendel, Brubaker, and Percival (1992) point out that this cotton was fully domesticated and does not represent the earliest domestication of G. hirsutum. Thus, the domestication of New World cottons took place before domestication of Old world cottons militating against human diffusion as a vehicle for hybridization. Baker (1970: 61) points out that wild tetraploid G. hirsutum has been found in islands in the Caribbean and the Yucatan, and that tetraploid G. barbadense is found on the coasts of Ecuador and Peru as well as the wild form of the Galapagos islands. Baker concludes that, "all of this evidence suggests that man had nothing to do with the origins of tetraploid cotton, but that he domesticated hirsutum and barbadense separately in the New World." Although Van Sertima relied heavily on Stephens, he does not quote Stephens' (1971: 407) conclusion that, "Because of the possibilities of natural and accidental dispersal, one is forced to the conclusion that the geographical distribution of the "wild" forms of cotton per se cannot be used critically as supporting evidence for early transoceanic cultural contacts. Archaeological evidence of spindle whorls, cordage, fabrics, or any other artifact indicating the use [emphasis original] would be far more satisfactory." No such artifact has ever been found.

In an earlier paper (Haslip-Viera, Ortiz de Montellano, and Barbour 1997), we presented extended evidence for the possibility of cotton seeds arriving to the New World without human intervention. However, work in the 1990's completely eliminated any possibility of human involvement in the hybridization of New World cotton. Wendel and co-workers (Wendel 1989, Percy and Wendel 1990, Wendel and Albert 1992) have proved that the hybridization of diploid AA African cotton and diploid DD New World cotton to produce the tetraploid (AADD) cotton took place one to two million years ago, even before the evolution of modern humans. The current picture is as follows. Six to eleven million years ago, long distance dispersal from Africa led to the evolution of the New World DD diploid species. These 13 species originated in Mexico and radiated from that locus. Some time later, African AA diploids dispersed to the New World. One to two million years ago, these diploids combined to form the tetraploid (AADD). Molecular data suggests that this hybridization occurred only once (Wendel 1995). New World AA diploids have obviously become extinct during the long interval prior to human domestication. The antiquity of this hybridization obviously falsifies Van Sertima's African voyage of the fourth millennium B.C. as well as Lathrap's (1977) African fishermen's trip about 14,000 B.C. As Reed (1977) pointed out, this also further weakens Lathrap's claims of diffusion of the bottle gourd.

http://www.hallofmaat.com/modules.php?name...icle&sid=88

Edited by Abramelin, 27 December 2008 - 01:07 AM.

#833    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 10,890 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 02:24 PM

Fair enuff Abramelin, seems all rather scientific...

Has anyone seen these ruins off Cuba that were discovered a few years ago?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klRbcEnLPbU

#834    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,127 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 03:43 PM

First: it is not at all certain they are ruins...
Second: as far as I know they had planned to go back and do more research, but that never happened.

#835    legionromanes

legionromanes

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 05:55 PM

I had heard that they decided not to tell the public that the area where they had found regular blocks was the exact same spot that the Russians pushed off some "suddenly no longer needed" prefabricated concrete blocks which had been intended for nuclear silos during the cuba missile crisis.

but the source was not all that reliable. I think it was the A.R.E.

thumbsup.gif

#836    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 10,890 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 11:12 AM

Hey Darkbreed, hope things are good for you in the New Year. I was just doing some reading of archaeology in Turkey and found this place which I found of real interest and thought you may too if you hadn't already heard of it: Nevali Cori
Description - The site of one of the oldest carved monoliths in the world. The temples were lost when the Ataturk dam was established and flooded the area. The central cult building has been carbon dated to 8,000 BC, and consisted of a temple built with 13 stone uprights in the walls, and with an enormous monolith in the centre (once a pair). The design of the temple has been compared to the Kalasaya at Tiahuanaco, Bolivia, while the hands on the monolith are reminiscent of those on the Easter island statues.
http://www.ancient-wisdom.co.uk/turkeynevali.htm

Attached Thumbnails

• nevalicoriplan.jpg

#837    The_Spartan

The_Spartan

Spartan Forever!!!!

• 3,755 posts

• Gravity is Arbitrary!!

Posted 11 January 2009 - 01:10 PM

more on nevali cori

linked-image

The totem like stuff P wrote about

linked-image

a graphic representation of what the totem looked like actually

linked-image

"Wise men, when in doubt whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent.-Napoleon Hill

Follow my stupid posts on Tumblr at Azrael's Ramblings

#838    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,127 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 03:07 PM

All I want to say now is that I am very interested in these southeastern Anatolian Neolithic sites.

It's simply fascinating to see what these people, many thousands of years before Sumer and Egypt were capable of.

Maybe we will not find an 'Atlantis', heh, but this is ok too.

#839    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 10,890 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 03:49 PM

Abramelin on Jan 12 2009, 01:07 AM, said:

All I want to say now is that I am very interested in these southeastern Anatolian Neolithic sites.

It's simply fascinating to see what these people, many thousands of years before Sumer and Egypt were capable of.

Maybe we will not find an 'Atlantis', heh, but this is ok too.

I agree, reading that website and looking at the photos of the excavations was 'simply fascinating'.  thumbsup.gif
Many of the places I'd never heard of.

#840    The_Spartan

The_Spartan

Spartan Forever!!!!

• 3,755 posts

• Gravity is Arbitrary!!

Posted 11 January 2009 - 05:48 PM

A recent article in BBC....
A grave Discovered adds 6000 years more to the age of Istanbul

Digging through thick mud and an ancient swamp of black clay, archaeologists in Istanbul have discovered a grave that proves the city is 6,000 years older than they previously thought.

In 2008, during the construction works of the Yenikapı subway station and the Marmaray tunnel at the historic peninsula on the European side, a previously unknown Neolithic settlement dating from circa 6500 BC has been discovered.

Edited by The Spartan, 11 January 2009 - 05:52 PM.

"Wise men, when in doubt whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent.-Napoleon Hill

Follow my stupid posts on Tumblr at Azrael's Ramblings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users