Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 3 votes

Sarah Palin: Extremist

• Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

#1    Lt_Ripley

Lt_Ripley

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 20,036 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 07:51 PM

Sarah Palin: Extremist
8/29/2008
Here are some extremist positions by Palin:

She’s against abortion, even in cases of rape and incest.
She supports teaching creationism in schools.
She denies global warming and opposed listing polar bears as an endangered species because it might prevent off-shore drilling.
Speaking of drilling, she supports drilling in ANWR.
I guess not surprising, Palin is in big oil’s pocket.

http://www.alternet.org/story/96945/theocr...on/?page=entire

http://madwombat.wordpress.com/2008/08/29/...alin-extremist/

-Palin is currently in the middle of a controversial gas pipeline project in Alaska.  She’s favored the ‘Trans Canada’ proposal that will run the pipeline through Canada, in effect shipping US jobs over the border.  Many Alaskans, including former governors, have favored the “All Alaska Route”.

-She is also suing the federal government over listing the polar bears as a threatened species.  The science was even compelling enough to convince the Secretary of the Interior that the bears needed to be listed.  But acknowledgement of this issue, and the potential disruption to development on Alaska’s oil-rich north slope spurred Palin to attempt to stop the listing.

Does she want to open ANWR?  Yes.  Every politician in Alaska wants to open ANWR.  It’s basically a requirement if you ever hope to get elected for anything.  Even Mark Begich, the progressive Democrat running against the indicted Senator and Alaskan institution Ted Stevens, is pro-drilling.  That’s the sea we swim in up here.  There are a few anti-drilling folks, but you have to look hard to find them, and work hard to have them admit it.
Will all this wash with voters in the ‘Lower 48′?  Time will tell.

cont to troopergate

http://mudflats.wordpress.com/2008/08/29/w...ns-perspective/

to women taking birth control ? Here's the group thinking Palin belongs too -

It also appears that Sarah Palin is a member of a misnamed group called Feminists for Life.  FFL in fact engages in "cultural appropriation" of women's suffrage icons to promote a very woman-unfriendly agenda that--despite attempts to sound "not like those crazies in Operation Rescue"--would not only criminalise abortion but the IUD and hormonal birth control methods, and potentially everything outside the rhythm method (the term "abortifacient birth control" is a codephrase in the dominionist "pro-life" community for hormonal birth control--partly due to a unique urban legend claiming "the pill" and other hormonal birth control causes abortion and partly because of a unique definition of pregnancy beginning at conception rather than at implantation (the latter is what most mainstream OB/GYNs use) and thus making anything preventing implantation potentially "abortifacient").  

- she'd leave you with only the rhythm method. lol good luck with that. More on her religion/beliefs here.

Palin and the neopentecostal dominionists

And troopergate is FAR from over.

Take a few hours off, and see what happens? Apparently it’s not possible to blink these days without missing the latest bit of Palin drama. While I was out snapping photos of the governor’s home town of Wasilla and its environs, the state of Alaska was busy running an errand for Sarah - finding her a lawyer Yes, she’s lawyered up. And the sparks are flying already.

It all goes back to Troopergate. If you need to consult the Troopergate Primer, go to http://mudflats.wordpress.com/2008/08/29/w...ns-perspective/

http://mudflats.wordpress.com/

cont........

http://mudflats.wordpress.com/

#2    Aztec Warrior

Aztec Warrior

Ancient Order of Hibernians Grand Master

• 3,339 posts

• A neoconservative is a "liberal mugged by reality," one who became more conservative after seeing the results of liberal policies.Iriving Kristol

Posted 02 September 2008 - 07:53 PM

Your hatred knows no bounds. mad.gif   Do not:  Post propaganda, smear or hate pieces about political figures or candidates.

Just don't vote for her, but your not going to sway anyone with all that venom.

Edited by Aztec Warrior, 02 September 2008 - 07:55 PM.

Posted ImageBlurring and Stirring the truth and the lies

So I don't know what's real and what's not
Always confusing the thoughts in my head
So I can't trust myself anymore
I'm dying again

#3    Lt_Ripley

Lt_Ripley

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 20,036 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 07:56 PM

Aztec Warrior on Sep 2 2008, 03:53 PM, said:

Your hatred knows no bounds. mad.gif

that didn't stop you cons from lying and and saying things like Obama was muslim did it ? This is actually facts on Palin. boo hoo for you. funny you brown nosers are good at slinging the crap but are too weak to take it.

#4    Nxt2Hvn

Nxt2Hvn

Alien Abducter

• 5,082 posts

• 'For we walk by faith, not by sight.' II Corinthians 5:7

Posted 02 September 2008 - 07:59 PM

OMGSH!!!!!!   hmm.gif

Why all the hate and drama????

Vote for who you want.... I know I will

McCAIN ALL THE WAY!

Edited by Nxt2Hvn, 02 September 2008 - 08:00 PM.

I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin. ~anonymous~

#5    Aztec Warrior

Aztec Warrior

• 3,339 posts

• A neoconservative is a "liberal mugged by reality," one who became more conservative after seeing the results of liberal policies.Iriving Kristol

Posted 02 September 2008 - 08:01 PM

Lt_Ripley on Sep 2 2008, 02:56 PM, said:

that didn't stop you cons from lying and and saying things like Obama was muslim did it ? This is actually facts on Palin. boo hoo for you. funny you brown nosers are good at slinging the crap but are too weak to take it.

Never said he was a Muslim. Name ONE statement where I have lied about Obama.

Queen of the vile nasty propaganda....looks who talking! wacko.gif

I'm dying again

#6    iSeeDeadPpl!

iSeeDeadPpl!

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

• iSeeDeadPeople....

You want scientific evidence? YOU WANT SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE!!!

Posted 02 September 2008 - 08:03 PM

GREAT POST. summed up everything about the now desperate republican party. Its a JOKE that they think that they can get all of Hilary's supporters.

#7    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

Telekinetic

• 7,066 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 08:07 PM

Aztec Warrior on Sep 2 2008, 07:53 PM, said:

Your hatred knows no bounds. mad.gif   Do not:  Post propaganda, smear or hate pieces about political figures or candidates.

We're in a debate forum on the presidency. She didn't break any rules if the statement was true... unlike you who called liberals terrorists.

In case you plan on denying it...

get back to supporting you liberal terrorist friends.

Edited by BlindMessiah, 02 September 2008 - 08:09 PM.

#8    Aztec Warrior

Aztec Warrior

• 3,339 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 08:09 PM

iSeeDeadPpl! on Sep 2 2008, 03:03 PM, said:

GREAT POST. summed up everything about the now desperate republican party. Its a JOKE that they think that they can get all of Hilary's supporters.

The Republican party didn't select Palin, that was John McCain. I never supported him and, in fact I like Palin better than him.

She will be a rising star in the years to come and I won't be surprised to see a Clinton Palin duel in 2012. That's why the liberals are going after her, they're scared. No other logical reason, especially since they wouldn't vote for McCain no matter what.

Edited by Aztec Warrior, 02 September 2008 - 08:09 PM.

I'm dying again

#9    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

Telekinetic

• 7,066 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 08:10 PM

Aztec Warrior on Sep 2 2008, 08:09 PM, said:

The Republican party didn't select Palin, that was John McCain. I never supported him and, in fact I like Palin better than him.

She will be a rising star in the years to come and I won't be surprised to see a Clinton Palin duel in 2012. That's why the liberals are going after her, there scared. No other logical reason, especially since they wouldn't vote for McCain no matter what.

The only way Clinton would go against Palin in 2012 is if McCain wins in '08, dies in office, and Palin is thus president. There is no other scenario. So seems a tad silly.

#10    Princess Serenity

Princess Serenity

✻ Qᴜᴇᴇɴ Eʟsᴀ

• 8,385 posts

• "There's nothing to fear but fear itself." Franklin D Roosevelt.

Posted 02 September 2008 - 08:10 PM

And that makes her a "extremist?" Because of her beliefs? If that's what she believes then that's what she believes.

I don't find her to be "extreme." I really don't have an opinion on her right now.

Edited by MoonPrincess, 02 September 2008 - 08:11 PM.

#11    Aztec Warrior

Aztec Warrior

• 3,339 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 08:11 PM

BlindMessiah on Sep 2 2008, 03:07 PM, said:

We're in a debate forum on the presidency. She didn't break any rules if the statement was true... unlike you who called liberals terrorists.

In case you plan on denying it...

When did I call all liberals terrorists or all terrorists liberals? Sure, show me the quote.

Ok, I see you edited your post. I was referring to Lt. Ripley and several previous statements where she openly supports terrorists who are LIBERALS.

Edited by Aztec Warrior, 02 September 2008 - 08:13 PM.

I'm dying again

#12    Aztec Warrior

Aztec Warrior

• 3,339 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 08:14 PM

BlindMessiah on Sep 2 2008, 03:10 PM, said:

The only way Clinton would go against Palin in 2012 is if McCain wins in '08, dies in office, and Palin is thus president. There is no other scenario. So seems a tad silly.

Or Obama is not re-elected, assuming he wins.

I'm dying again

#13    iSeeDeadPpl!

iSeeDeadPpl!

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

• iSeeDeadPeople....

You want scientific evidence? YOU WANT SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE!!!

Posted 02 September 2008 - 08:15 PM

She will be a rising star in the years to come and I won't be surprised to see a Clinton Palin duel in 2012. That's why the liberals are going after her, they're scared. No other logical reason, especially since they wouldn't vote for McCain no matter what.

Clinton has worked hard for where she is now. Shes a million times more intelligent than Palin. Stop judging people frm the gender and starting looking at them as what they are. There are plenty of republicans much more qualified than Palin, but they chose her because of Feminist extremists.

#14    Wickian

Wickian

Doppelganger

• 3,898 posts

• Save it for Queen Doppelpoppellus!

Posted 02 September 2008 - 08:23 PM

She’s against abortion, even in cases of rape and incest.
She supports teaching creationism in schools.
She denies global warming and opposed listing polar bears as an endangered species because it might prevent off-shore drilling.
Speaking of drilling, she supports drilling in ANWR.

I'm pro choice so I disagree with that.

I think organized religion is the worst thing mankind has ever created.

I like that she isn't falling for the global warming scam at least.  She's right in disagreeing with the polar bear listing too, it makes to no sense to put a species that's population is only going up on the endangered species list.

I believe that if there's oil to drill, no matter where it is, take it.  It's a resource that we need until the free market can produce a viable alternative.

#15    Lt_Ripley

Lt_Ripley

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 20,036 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 08:26 PM

Aztec Warrior on Sep 2 2008, 04:01 PM, said:

Never said he was a Muslim. Name ONE statement where I have lied about Obama.

Queen of the vile nasty propaganda....looks who talking! wacko.gif

I'm speaking of the big YOU. The whole party.  and what I've posted is fact. Propaganda , like the whole muslim brewhaha is propaganda.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users