Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 3 votes

Sarah Palin: Extremist

• Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

#181    SoCrazes

SoCrazes

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 10:10 PM

MasterPo on Sep 11 2008, 03:41 PM, said:

That's not the kind of 'union' we are discussing but thanks for twisting it around!  tongue.gif

Here is a story about a union between "Big Oil" (for you MasterPo) and government:

WASHINGTON (AP) _ Government officials handling billions of dollars in oil royalties partied, had sex with and accepted golf and ski outings from employees of energy companies they were dealing with, federal investigators said Wednesday.

full article at http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jzUY8Ol...6YfYmwD934FHVG0

the article discusses how government brokers responsible for collecting billions of dollars in federal oil royalties operated in a "culture of substance abuse and promiscuity" that included having sex with energy company employees, accepting lavish gifts and rigging contracts to favored firms, investigators said Wednesday, Sept. 10, 2008.

This wasn't done in secret.  The participants in these activities, on both sides, wanted the world to know this and told the investigators.  This is the generally accepted way of how a U.S. government and business relationship should work.  This should not be considered "big oil" nor a conspiracy.  

This is just the tip of the iceberg.

Edited by SoCrazes, 13 September 2008 - 03:46 AM.

"The unexamined life is not worth living." - Socrates

#182    SoCrazes

SoCrazes

Psychic Spy

• 1,312 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 10:13 PM

"This all shows the oil industry holds shocking sway over the administration and even key federal employees," said Sen. Bill Nelson, D-Fla. "This is why we must not allow Big Oil's agenda to be jammed through Congress."

#183    SoCrazes

SoCrazes

Psychic Spy

• 1,312 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 12:37 PM

Interesting that MasterPo and Harte aren't here to counter these last few posts. I was looking forward to learning.

#184    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 7,990 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 17 September 2008 - 05:14 PM

SoCrazes on Sep 13 2008, 07:37 AM, said:

Interesting that MasterPo and Harte aren't here to counter these last few posts. I was looking forward to learning.

I don't spend a lot of time in this forum.  I'm usually over in the "Ancient Civilization" forum, or whatever the name of it is.

Anyway, I'm shocked that sex and substance abuse occurs in get-togethers between parties where one regulates the other, though I don't see why you say that

This is the generally accepted way of how a U.S. government and business relationship should work. This should not be considered "big oil" nor a conspiracy.

The article you linked states:

The two-year, $5.3 million investigation by Interior's inspector general found workers at the Minerals Management Service's royalty collection office in Denver partying, having sex, using drugs and accepting gifts and ski trips and golf outings from energy company representatives with whom they did government business.

The investigations exposed "a culture of ethical failure" and an agency rife with conflicts of interest, Inspector General Earl E. Devaney said.

Who is this Inspector General, some outsider from out of the country?

Do you claim that this scandal was exposed by the press?  Is that the case here?

Who discovered it, who reported it, and who is prosecuting those involved? The press?

No, the Government of the United States of America.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users