Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Palin, "Iraq War, Task from God"

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#46    eqgumby

eqgumby

Telekinetic

• 7,576 posts

• If you have genuine psi-powers, you can change the world overnight. So do it, or stop playing Dragon-Ball Z with my brain!

Posted 07 September 2008 - 03:50 AM

BlindMessiah on Sep 6 2008, 01:50 PM, said:

You misunderstood my post. No it doesn't make you a religious right-winger unless you agree with her for religious reasons. No I cannot provide a quote however the fact that she supports creationism being taught in school is enough evidence to convince me that religion shapes her politics... and science. I was not actually arguing those specific points, as I partially agree in some areas. The point I was making is that her religious beliefs will affect the country.

Any beliefs will affect the country. And religious beliefs are no more or less potentially dangerous when taken to extremes than non-religious. That's the real point, and one that no one wants to acknowledge. Those that wail about the "religious right" taking over the country are fear-mongering, plain and simple. For every case of so called religious zealotry, you can easily find a similar case of anti-religious zealotry.

If people would start being responsible for their own frigging actions, the world would be better off, be you left, right, believer or non-believer.

Credentials/Background<--This is a link!

It's not about tolerance and it's certainly not about searching for truth. It's about the chic of the intelligentsia. ---  Harmon-E Cherry
http://chzgifs.files...chucknorris.gif

#47    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

Telekinetic

• 7,066 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 04:17 AM

eqgumby on Sep 7 2008, 04:50 AM, said:

Any beliefs will affect the country. And religious beliefs are no more or less potentially dangerous when taken to extremes than non-religious. That's the real point, and one that no one wants to acknowledge. Those that wail about the "religious right" taking over the country are fear-mongering, plain and simple. For every case of so called religious zealotry, you can easily find a similar case of anti-religious zealotry.

If people would start being responsible for their own frigging actions, the world would be better off, be you left, right, believer or non-believer.

Done preaching?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users