Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Palin's Acceptance Speech @ RNC

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,407 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 07:18 AM

Im certainly not a fan of the democratic/republican parties presently..

yet,             http://edition.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/03...ript/index.html

listening to Palin tonight I was amazed at the flat out lies and distorted information she said about Obama..

"let me be specific: The Democratic nominee for president supports plans to raise income taxes, and raise payroll taxes, and raise investment income taxes, and raise the death tax, and raise business taxes, and increase the tax burden on the American people by hundreds of billions of dollars"

"Victory in Iraq is finally in sight, and he wants to forfeit. Terrorist states are seeking nuclear weapons without delay; he wants to meet them without preconditions"

And the sedated audience rose and applauded her for it..

..I almost got sick when they applauded her for defending the Federal Governments decision to remove Habeas Corpus from an individual's rights.

"Al Qaida terrorists still plot to inflict catastrophic harm on America, and he's worried that someone won't read them their rights."

..And the sedated audience rose and applauded her for it..

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habeas_corpus#War_on_Terror

The November 13, 2001, Presidential Military Order gave the President of the United States the power to detain suspects, suspected of connection to terrorists or terrorism as an unlawful combatant. As such, it was asserted that a person could be held indefinitely without charges being filed against him or her, without a court hearing, and without entitlement to a legal consultant. Many legal and constitutional scholars contended that these provisions were in direct opposition to habeas corpus and the United States Bill of Rights.

On 29 September 2006, the House and Senate approved the Military Commissions Act of 2006 (MCA), a bill that would remove habeas corpus for any person determined to be an “unlawful enemy combatant" engaged in hostilities or having supported hostilities against the United States”[4][5] by a vote of 65–34. (This was the result on the bill to approve the military trials for detainees; an amendment to remove the unavailability of habeas corpus failed 48–51.[6]) President Bush signed the Military Commissions Act of 2006 into law on October 17, 2006. The declaration of a person as an "unlawful enemy combatant" is at the discretion of the US executive branch of the administration, and there is no right of appeal, with the result that this potentially eliminates habeas corpus for any non-citizen.

The whole world is a battle field for THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

Edited by acidhead43, 04 September 2008 - 07:22 AM.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#2    Guardsman Bass

Guardsman Bass

Poltergeist

• 2,222 posts

• Don't spam me, but feel free to drop a line.

Posted 04 September 2008 - 07:30 AM

The policy distortions were expected and not surprising; you expect a kind of looseness about accuracy in any such speech. I was more disappointed in much of her delivery; people claim she's "dynamic" and energetic, but her speech failed to captify and electrify in the way Obama's did.

"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours." -Sir Charles Napier

"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."   D.H. Lawrence

#3    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,407 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 07:39 AM

again, before I add these troubling remarks from her speech ill remind Im not a fan of the democratic/republican parties presently..

Palin made her case as to why she should be vice-president, citing her record as governor of Alaska and, before that, as a mayor of Wasilla, a town with a population of 6,700.

"Since our opponents in this presidential election seem to look down on that experience, let me explain to them what the job involves," she said in the prepared text of her speech, taking aim at Obama, who worked as a community organizer in Chicago as a young man.

"I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a 'community organizer,' except that you have actual responsibilities."

..And the sedated audience rose and applauded her for it..

#4    HKCavalier

HKCavalier

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 07:48 AM

I'm right there with you, acidhead43.  Making a joke of Habeus Corpus, the central pillar of our Rule of Law!  Disgusting.  And I can't believe the way the media fell all over themselves with praise of her for reading a snarky, hack-written screed.  So she can read a teleprompter.  Guess that makes her more qualified than W. at least.

#5    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,407 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 07:49 AM

I just came across this on CNN:

The Obama campaign dismissed Palin's speech as "well-delivered" but said it was "written by George Bush's speechwriter and sounds exactly like the same divisive, partisan attacks we've heard from George Bush for the last eight years."

I could of swore I was listening to George Bush while she was speaking..

..I mentioned it several times to friends "that c*** sounds just like that p***k Bush"

..Anybody else notice?..

Do any Politicians beside Ron Paul actually write their own speeches?

#6    HKCavalier

HKCavalier

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 07:53 AM

acidhead43 on Sep 4 2008, 12:49 AM, said:

Do any Politicians beside Ron Paul actually write their own speeches?

Um, well, Obama tends to write his own speeches.  He's written all his major speeches--the 2004 keynote, his speech on race, etc.  He and Bill Clinton both wrote their own speeches for the DNC.

#7    Dowdy

Dowdy

Poltergeist

• 2,186 posts

• "The one thing we have learnt from history is that we learn nothing from history." Albert Einstein

Posted 04 September 2008 - 08:05 AM

HKCavalier on Sep 4 2008, 07:53 AM, said:

Um, well, Obama tends to write his own speeches.  He's written all his major speeches--the 2004 keynote, his speech on race, etc.  He and Bill Clinton both wrote their own speeches for the DNC.

Obama doesn't write his own speeches. He just plagiarises other people speeches

What i find ironic is that they slam Obama for his limited experience and what do they do - they elect a vice president who has almost NO experience.

They probably hired her to get Hilary, pro women, votes but they believe the total opposite. So if Palin does get Hilary votes, it will only show the narrow minded views of Hilary supporters.

Another twist of irony - 4 years ago the republicans didn't think much of a war hero and now they're using it as a huge positive for McCain.

Jeez, what a fu*#ed up farce this election is - on both sides

Good luck to America for the next 4 years

THE PAOMNNEHAL PWEOR OF THE HMUAN MNID Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. Can you? ;)

#8    Incorrigible1

Incorrigible1

Government Agent

• 3,393 posts

• Champanya?

Posted 04 September 2008 - 01:54 PM

Sarah Palin on Sep 3 2008, )

"Since our opponents in this presidential election seem to look down on that experience, let me explain to them what the job involves," she said in the prepared text of her speech, taking aim at Obama, who worked as a community organizer in Chicago as a young man.

"I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a 'community organizer,' except that you have a, said:

"I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a 'community organizer,' except that you have actual responsibilities."

Loved it!

If a nation values anything more than freedom, it will lose its freedom; and the irony of it is that if it is comfort or money that it values more, it will lose that too. -- W. Somerset Maugham
Posted Image

#9    Aztec Warrior

Aztec Warrior

Ancient Order of Hibernians Grand Master

• 3,339 posts

• A neoconservative is a "liberal mugged by reality," one who became more conservative after seeing the results of liberal policies.Iriving Kristol

Posted 04 September 2008 - 03:51 PM

You hear that sound? It's a bunch of winning, sniveling Liberals crying, not only because Gov. Palin hit a home run...but did it with style. The Conservative base is fired up and for good reason. She stepped up to the plate and delivered....clearly a rising star.

I didn't see anything unfactual with any of her statements, even if many of you Liberals didn't like them or were offended. thumbsup.gif

Community organizer.....WHAT?  LOL!

Edited by Aztec Warrior, 04 September 2008 - 06:42 PM.

Posted ImageBlurring and Stirring the truth and the lies

So I don't know what's real and what's not
Always confusing the thoughts in my head
So I can't trust myself anymore
I'm dying again

#10    Mr Honeybadger

Mr Honeybadger

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,838 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 04:23 PM

I was really hoping to hear more substance and what her plans are for helping boost the ecomomy. But I'm sure it will all come out in due time.

Her debate with Biden is what I'm looking forward to.  I bet they'll both take off the gloves and come out swinging.

#11    AROCES

AROCES

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 16,312 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 04:44 PM

ohio traveler on Sep 4 2008, 04:23 PM, said:

I was really hoping to hear more substance and what her plans are for helping boost the ecomomy. But I'm sure it will all come out in due time.

Her debate with Biden is what I'm looking forward to.  I bet they'll both take off the gloves and come out swinging.

She can't have her own plans for the economy as a VP, she needs to support and help implement the President's plan.

#12    SilverCougar

SilverCougar

All hail the gods of Rum

• 10,873 posts

• The origonal Damneddirtytreehugging-
    paganhippiewerecougarrum pirate.

Posted 04 September 2008 - 05:21 PM

Aztec Warrior on Sep 4 2008, 04:51 PM, said:

You hear that sound? It's a bunch of winning, sniveling Liberals crying, not only because Gov. Palin hit a home run...but did it with style. The Conservative base if fired up and for good reason. She stepped up to the plate and delivered....clearly a rising star.

I didn't see anything unfactual with any of her statements, even if many of you Liberals didn't like them or were offended. thumbsup.gif

Community organizer.....WHAT?  LOL!

Actually her speach made me even less inclined to vote for McCain and her.  *shrugs*

Doctor_Strangelove: If only I lived in a world with no risk of piss tests. Then I could just sit here and
watch videos on angelfish and become one with nature.

#13    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

Telekinetic

• 7,066 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 06:18 PM

I thought Rudy Giuliani actually gave a very good speech. I don't like him or his policies, but he had several very clever and funny lines.

#14    twpdyp

twpdyp

GOP for Life

• 2,448 posts

• The first step in any self improvement program is to admit there is room for improvement.

Posted 04 September 2008 - 06:23 PM

Loved her speech and love her!!!! Looking forward to hearing Senator John McCain's speech tonight. My vote is already cast. Straight republican ticket every time!!!!

As we go through this life reaching, striving, and straining for life's brass ring, has any of us ever stopped to wonder just who is running the Merry-Go-Round?
You must play the hand that life deals you, if you dealt the hand to yourself you must play that hand silently .

#15    HKCavalier

HKCavalier

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 06:27 PM

BlindMessiah on Sep 4 2008, 11:18 AM, said:

I thought Rudy Giuliani actually gave a very good speech. I don't like him or his policies, but he had several very clever and funny lines.

Is this what we're reduced to, though?  Basing our opinion of a speech on how many zingers the speaker fits in and how confidently they get 'em across?  Jeez, if that's all it takes then we should recruit all our political candidates from the ranks of ex-anchors and ex-beauty queens.  Who needs to know anything about the actual problems facing this country?  Giuliani's speech, like all of them last night, was long on snark and short on anything resembling reality.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users