Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

My Jehovah Witness Encounter

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
88 replies to this topic

#46    Nxt2Hvn

Nxt2Hvn

Alien Abducter

• 5,082 posts

• 'For we walk by faith, not by sight.' II Corinthians 5:7

Posted 16 March 2004 - 06:29 PM

Just because they don't belives in him (billions of buddists in China, Christains, Catholics, Jews, Islam, etc..) .. doesn't mean that he didn't create them.

So your saying god has forsaken 95% of the people he created (excpet your sect)?

God hasn't forsaken them... that 95% of people have forsaken him!  thumbsup.gif

There's your answer! cool.gif

*oops almost forgot to mention*  (well my answer anyway)   wink2.gif

Sorry... I couldn't resist replying to this one!  whistling2.gif

Edited by Nxt2Hvn, 16 March 2004 - 06:36 PM.

I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin. ~anonymous~

#47    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

• "Truth will first be ridiculed, then violently opposed, and finally accepted as self-evident" A. Schopenhauer 1788-1860

Posted 16 March 2004 - 06:42 PM

Yes, they can't associate with worldly people, because it could take them away from witnessing. They do act like they have something 'more' than the average person and seem smug. They have undesirable people in their ranks just as anybody else does. cool.gif

They are hard to deal with because they are so forward and some are even considered aggressive; you hate to hurt their feelings because they are usually good decent people. It presents a problem for the average joe to deal with. I heard that the law allows them to go door to door, but once in awhile, that privilege is threatened. The JW's have to go to court or they fight in court to be able to continue witnessing. (door to door) whistling2.gif

Everyone has a right to be left alone in their own home. crying.gif

Edited by Babs, 16 March 2004 - 08:08 PM.

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation"

Henry David Thoreau...

#48    Nxt2Hvn

Nxt2Hvn

Alien Abducter

• 5,082 posts

Posted 16 March 2004 - 06:49 PM

When Jehova Witnesses come to my house .. most of the time I don't even answer the door... but they always religiously (no pun intended)  tongue.gif  leave me a little tract/brochure.

And if they happen to catch me outside... I start telling them about my Christian beliefs and offer to go inside and get my Bible (Old King James Version of course) so I can show them why I don't agree with their beliefs.... and that always works like a charm... and they are always ready to leave.   thumbsup.gif

I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin. ~anonymous~

#49    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

• Everyone likes a smouldering and sexy glare from a diminutive scientist.

Posted 16 March 2004 - 06:52 PM

Everyone has a right to be left alone in their own home.

I think that's the crux of the matter....people say and think what they do about these people because they come to your home and bother you there...quite frankly, if you no longer have peace and quiet in your own home, then that's when things are getting ridiculous...you can't just knock on a person's door and tell them how to change the way they live tongue.gif

That's where most of the objection comes from...

Having said that, I remember I was walking along the main road in Paisley once, when an old lady came over to me and asked if I could take a JW newsletter up to the top floor of a block of flats for her, as she couldn't climb that many stairs. So off I went, delivered it (since the person wanted to have it delivered, I didn't have any objection), and went back.

At which point she tried to convert me, and get me to come to some meeting blink.gif They seem to work 24/7 at annoying people.

"You seem such a nice young girl, I'd feel better knowing that you would be saved" or some such thing was what she said to me...I don't think "saved" was the word she used, but it's the sorta thing I hear...very bizzare people huh.gif I just gave a "uh...no thanks"...at which point she started following me for a couple of blocks....weird, weird people huh.gif  

Posted Image

Apparantly, over on Exchristian.Net, they say that I'm "probably the smartest person" on UM....that is so cool...

#50    wunarmdscissor

wunarmdscissor

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,761 posts

• come on the hoops

Posted 16 March 2004 - 06:52 PM

what makes you think that the religion youve chosen is the right one Nxt2hvn? im just curious, your earlier post sounded like you were sayin non christians are wrong so why?

if i misinterpreted your post im sorry

Stand up for the Champions
'MON the tic an tiocfaidh ar-la

saorsa na h-alba

#51    Nxt2Hvn

Nxt2Hvn

Alien Abducter

• 5,082 posts

Posted 16 March 2004 - 07:08 PM

what makes you think that the religion youve chosen is the right one Nxt2hvn?

I "believe" that my religion is the right one... but that said.. it is also "my" opinion... I am not saying that everyone else is wrong... everyone is entitled to their own beliefs...

I am just very strong in my faith and hold fast to my religious beliefs.

I do believe that it is the right one... and "believeing" is what faith and belief is all about... but I do not judge others that do not believe my way.  It is not my place to judge... and everyone has a reason that they believe the way they do.

I just like to state my beliefs... and sometimes I do state them as being fact... but you see in my mind... they are facts.  thumbsup.gif

Not meant to offend anybody... believe as you wish.  tongue.gif

Edited by Nxt2Hvn, 16 March 2004 - 07:11 PM.

#52    wunarmdscissor

wunarmdscissor

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,761 posts

• come on the hoops

Posted 16 March 2004 - 07:14 PM

lol i was just curious thats all.

You did say that they had "forsaken god"

Arent they all in theory worshipping the same thing.......oh well i dont really care to be honest lol.

Stand up for the Champions
'MON the tic an tiocfaidh ar-la

saorsa na h-alba

#53    X~File_Agent

X~File_Agent

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

• erehT tuO si hturT EhT

Posted 16 March 2004 - 07:20 PM

Seriously, if you want to get someone of a religious order to stop knocking on your door, DO NOT tell them that you are wiccan, buddhist, pagan, etc... This only gives them fuel to try to convert you. The best thing is to let them "know" that you've been excommunicated from the church, temple, or in the case of JW's, the Kingdom Hall.

Hello everyone, If I would of been at the forums sooner, I would of told you this.  I used be a JW myself, so I know everything there is to know about them.  Funny, now I'm an atheist.

Anywayz, yes the best way to get rid of them is to say, that you dissasociated yourself.  And that's it.  They will stop speaking with you, and leave.

Two reasons why this works.

1.  When you leave the religion - and it is comunicated verbally you are no longer part of them.  They will not speak to you, because they assume you know the "Truth" you just decided not to follow it.  Therefore there is nothing else more for them to say to you.

2.  They keep track of every home they visit, on a piece of paper.  They track, whether it was male, female, kids, if you were interested or not, and what your response was.  They use, this to keep track of whether they need to comeback or not.  Once it's written on a piece of paper, that you've been dissasociated, they will not come back, because they are not allowed to speak with you.  I know, because my wife's family are all JW's, and they cannot speak to us.

I've been out of this religion for two years now, and I've never heard of painting crosses, and praying at the door.  However this is the second, time I've heard of them praying at someone's door.  So I'll have to ask my parents, who do communicate with me.  Or just be bluntly honest.  Tell them you have absolutely no interest in speaking with them.  Be bold, and try not to sugarcoat it.

Hope this helps.  thumbsup.gif

"All lies Lead to the Truth" - XFiles
"Lately the only thing keeping me from being a serial killer, is my distaste for manual labor." - Dilbert

Posted Image

#54    X~File_Agent

X~File_Agent

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

• erehT tuO si hturT EhT

Posted 16 March 2004 - 07:22 PM

Oh one more thing.  They have CULT tendencies, and are very good at manipulating their members.  I say this as a warning to anyone who thinks about joining.  All I ask is that you truly question, the Bible and their beliefs.  Go in with a skeptic point of view.

Nuff said.  

"Lately the only thing keeping me from being a serial killer, is my distaste for manual labor." - Dilbert

Posted Image

#55    X~File_Agent

X~File_Agent

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

• erehT tuO si hturT EhT

Posted 16 March 2004 - 07:40 PM

Babs
Yeah, witnesses get their people pretty fired up. Many of them don't have a choice going door to door. I'm not sure, but is it true all witnesses have to go door to door?

Only if you are baptized into the religion.  If you don't go, you will be looked down on, however they cannot kick you out for this reason.

They have a bible text to prove, why they must go door to door.  I can't remember what it is, because I don't care anymore.  They feel, that unitl every single person on earth, hasn't been spoken to about the "truth", the end will not come.  This is why they keep track of numbers, and how many members they have.

Yes for the most part they are nice folks, however their methods are very questionable.  

Posted Image

#56    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,671 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 16 March 2004 - 10:28 PM

I personally believe the way to handle the problem is just to call the HOA and tell them that people are leaving religious pamphlets and drawing pictures on your sidewalk and let them deal with the problem.  After all it is their problem.  They have a policy of 'no solicitation', let them enforce it. thumbsup.gif
you are paying big bucks to live there....make them enforce their policies!

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#57    Nethius

Nethius

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 12:49 AM

QUOTE (X~File_Agent @ Mar 16 2004, 07:20 PM)
...I know, because my wife's family are all JW's, and they cannot speak to us.

they're whole family wont speak with you becuase of that?  does that include your wife too?  or just you?

that's pretty crappy to not speak with their daughter becasue she doesnt choose the same religion!

#58    X~File_Agent

X~File_Agent

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

• erehT tuO si hturT EhT

Posted 17 March 2004 - 02:13 PM

Yest that also includes my wife Nethius.  Only her mom will speak to her once in awhile.  But the rest of the family doesn't say a word.

Yest it is crappy, however it's one of the tactics they use to get members to stay.  By taking your own family away from you.  Of course they'll tell you they have Bible reasoning behind this, but if you look at the text they showed.  They have completely twisted it, to conform their beliefs.

But I've never felt this much freedom.  It felt like I was released from Jail, after 60 years of serving time.

If anyone has any more questions about this religion, I'll be happy to answer them via this post or e-mail or pm.

Posted Image

#59    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

• "Truth will first be ridiculed, then violently opposed, and finally accepted as self-evident" A. Schopenhauer 1788-1860

Posted 17 March 2004 - 02:49 PM

X~File...thanks for answering my question about the door to door policy. You were right to get out; they do employ cult tactics and I think they are a cult. blink.gif  They go way beyond the norm in many things, they know that bible like there's no tomorrow. laugh.gif  They are abusive to outsiders... and it's a shame you have to live that way with your family... once the JW's get ahold of you it's hard to break free or get out. They divide families... and they really do think they are the chosen ones and that they will be the only ones saved. You are right when you say their methods are "questionable".

Edited by Babs, 17 March 2004 - 02:50 PM.

Henry David Thoreau...

#60    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 02:51 PM

Everyone should be careful of a group that isolates their members from the rest of society. ph34r.gif

Edited by Babs, 18 March 2004 - 01:41 AM.

Henry David Thoreau...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users