Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Drill Drill Drill!

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#16    Sherapy

Sherapy

Sheri loves Sean loves Sheri...

• 21,735 posts

• "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar" (Freud )

Posted 05 September 2008 - 11:26 PM

IamsSon on Sep 5 2008, 08:43 AM, said:

Free energy?  LMAO!!  Who is going to give you free energy?

wind for one, solar  for  another  it actually  is  so cost effective, we use green energy and  it has cut my electric bill by more than half... energy efficent appliances and light bulbs ....there are many ways to  be a part  of the  green movement.....

we have  a bunch of self absorbed inconsiderate american corps  who  dont care as long as they are rich ..

i concur we should be as so many other countries who are all committed to going green .....and have plans in place  to do just  this or have , read about brazil and isreal and the amazing strides Germany has made....the rest of the world is focused on  the enviornment and protecting it....  

there is no excuse that we should  be so behind and lazy about instituting changes...If I wait for my country to get wth the program I will be waiting for ever  so many of us  are doing for ourselves.....

We have known about  this since the 50's that we would  be in this  situation ...  ignorance is a reason not an excuse... thumbsup.gif

Edited by Tangerine Sheri, 05 September 2008 - 11:27 PM.

#17    Dowdy

Dowdy

Poltergeist

• 2,186 posts

• "The one thing we have learnt from history is that we learn nothing from history." Albert Einstein

Posted 06 September 2008 - 01:24 AM

Instead of spending all that money looking for new oil, they should put that money to invest in Super Efficient Solar cells.

New technology like the Thin Film solar cells Nano Solar

A solar cell that uses the same process as photosynthesis Dyesol

and solar cells that work in shade and low light G24i

Now that is the future, not oil

THE PAOMNNEHAL PWEOR OF THE HMUAN MNID Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. Can you? ;)

#18    Caesar

Caesar

Alien Abducter

• 4,623 posts

• Semper Fidelis

Posted 06 September 2008 - 01:56 AM

Dowdy on Sep 5 2008, 09:24 PM, said:

Instead of spending all that money looking for new oil, they should put that money to invest in Super Efficient Solar cells.

New technology like the Thin Film solar cells Nano Solar

A solar cell that uses the same process as photosynthesis Dyesol

and solar cells that work in shade and low light G24i

Now that is the future, not oil

Who's money will be spent? this is not a communists nation. many oil companies will spend thier money, not tax payer dollars. Alaska isn't the only state to have oil, they just found some here off the cost of North Carolina.

#19    Caesar

Caesar

Alien Abducter

• 4,623 posts

• Semper Fidelis

Posted 06 September 2008 - 01:59 AM

BlindMessiah on Sep 5 2008, 07:03 PM, said:

Palin would lose her 9,000 supporters...

The people of Alaska wanted this for many years. she has over 9000 supporters, thats still more then Joe Bidden got running for president!

#20    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,961 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 06 September 2008 - 02:05 AM

Why don't you ask the oil companies why they don't drill and produce more? There are millions of acres available for drilling and they do not. This is a fake issue. You cannot force the oil companies to drill. The meager offshore and anwr sites are not the only pool of oil available. It's the whole grasss is always greener where we can't go. BS.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#21    Caesar

Caesar

Alien Abducter

• 4,623 posts

• Semper Fidelis

Posted 06 September 2008 - 03:00 AM

ninjadude on Sep 5 2008, 10:05 PM, said:

Why don't you ask the oil companies why they don't drill and produce more? There are millions of acres available for drilling and they do not. This is a fake issue. You cannot force the oil companies to drill. The meager offshore and anwr sites are not the only pool of oil available. It's the whole grasss is always greener where we can't go. BS.

LOL more nonsense from Obama and the left the 'non-producing' acreage where drilling is permitted is land that oil companies are ignoring? That is simply not true. years of exploration and federal permitting must be completed before that leased land can yields oil. 4,700 new holes are being drilled on current onshore leases.

Heres a list of the steps to even bring oil to our market it takes about 10 years under current restrictions
Oil and Natural Gas Leasing

#22    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,961 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 06 September 2008 - 03:05 AM

Caesar on Sep 5 2008, 10:00 PM, said:

LOL more nonsense from Obama and the left the 'non-producing' acreage where drilling is permitted is land that oil companies are ignoring? That is simply not true. years of exploration and federal permitting must be completed before that leased land can yields oil. 4,700 new holes are being drilled on current onshore leases.

Heres a list of the steps to even bring oil to our market it takes about 10 years under current restrictions
Oil and Natural Gas Leasing

But you're claiming that we need to drill drill drill. Apparently we already are. 4700 new holes you just said. non-issue.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#23    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,529 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 06 September 2008 - 03:16 AM

There is plenty of oil in the US to sustain us until we can perfect other alternatives.

We went to Laurel, Mississippi not too long ago and there are oil wells in various neighborhoods in between the houses on small lots. It doesn't take acre upon acre to acccess.

#24    Caesar

Caesar

Alien Abducter

• 4,623 posts

• Semper Fidelis

Posted 06 September 2008 - 03:24 AM

ninjadude on Sep 5 2008, 11:05 PM, said:

But you're claiming that we need to drill drill drill. Apparently we already are. 4700 new holes you just said. non-issue.

They should let the states decide the conditions and if they can drill or not. not some lease deal that takes years to meet with wild and crazy conditions.

#25    Startraveler

Startraveler

Fleet Captain

• 4,492 posts

• Knowledge Brings Fear.

Posted 06 September 2008 - 03:34 AM

They should let the states decide the conditions and if they can drill or not. not some lease deal that takes years to meet with wild and crazy conditions.

They do. Except on land owned by the federal government. Makes sense, no?

#26    AROCES

AROCES

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 16,312 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 03:37 AM

ninjadude on Sep 6 2008, 04:05 AM, said:

4700? was there Oil though?

#27    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 28,909 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 03:41 AM

ninjadude on Sep 5 2008, 09:05 PM, said:

One of our problems is refineries we don't have enough.

I am a mormon.  If I don't use mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you.

#28    Caesar

Caesar

Alien Abducter

• 4,623 posts

• Semper Fidelis

Posted 06 September 2008 - 03:44 AM

Startraveler on Sep 5 2008, 11:34 PM, said:

They do. Except on land owned by the federal government. Makes sense, no?

They do not let states decide if they can drill for oil or not, I'm saying the government should let the state decide, no kidding states have no control over government land. most of the oil spots have been decleared wild life refuge or something like that from the Clintons. that should be givin back to the states as well.

#29    Caesar

Caesar

Alien Abducter

• 4,623 posts

• Semper Fidelis

Posted 06 September 2008 - 03:51 AM

danielost on Sep 5 2008, 11:41 PM, said:

One of our problems is refineries we don't have enough.

Very true along with nuclear power plants. if we had 90% of our energy comming from nuclear power like France, and if we allowed states to regulate oil drilling we more then likely would be exporting oil. cheaper oil prices, a stable dollar, job growth and a better trade balance. insted we have left wing liberals calling the shots, people like Al Gore and his house that uses twice as much power as the White House, on his private jet flying all over America telling us the world is going to end in 2012 or what ever because of man made global warming.

#30    Dowdy

Dowdy

Poltergeist

• 2,186 posts

• "The one thing we have learnt from history is that we learn nothing from history." Albert Einstein

Posted 06 September 2008 - 05:00 AM

Caesar on Sep 6 2008, 01:56 AM, said:

Who's money will be spent? this is not a communists nation. many oil companies will spend thier money, not tax payer dollars. Alaska isn't the only state to have oil, they just found some here off the cost of North Carolina.

Maybe instead of wasting billions in wars that are fought to protect pipelines, they could use that money to invest in solar technology. Then you won't have to fight any more pointless wars, unless someone tries to do a Mr. Burns (block out the sun)

THE PAOMNNEHAL PWEOR OF THE HMUAN MNID Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. Can you? ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users