Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Ron Paul to Make Major Announcement Next Week

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,876 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 05:01 PM

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog/?p=456#comments

Friends,

Dr. Paul just authorized me to send this press release to the national wire. Stay tuned!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE                                                      CONTACT: Jesse Benton
September 5, 2008

ALEXANDRIA, VIRGINIA On the heels of his historic three-day rally in Minneapolis that drew over 12,000 attendees, Congressman Ron Paul will make a major announcement next week in Washington at the National Press Club.

More details will be announced Monday.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#2    LogicalPiccolo

LogicalPiccolo

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

• Hey you! YEAH YOU! Stop looking at my piccolo!

Posted 05 September 2008 - 05:27 PM

acidhead43 on Sep 5 2008, 10:01 AM, said:

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog/?p=456#comments

Friends,

Dr. Paul just authorized me to send this press release to the national wire. Stay tuned!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE                                                      CONTACT: Jesse Benton
September 5, 2008

ALEXANDRIA, VIRGINIA – On the heels of his historic three-day rally in Minneapolis that drew over 12,000 attendees, Congressman Ron Paul will make a major announcement next week in Washington at the National Press Club.

More details will be announced Monday.

OOOO how exciting. I've been an avid Ron Paul advocate for a long time. My hubby and I donated money to his campaign when we could afford it. He's really above all other who I would have liked to see in the candidacy...

Edited by Ambriel, 05 September 2008 - 05:28 PM.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein.

"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain

#3    Mr Honeybadger

Mr Honeybadger

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,838 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 05:43 PM

I bet he's going to endorse Bob Barr.  I really hope he doesn't though.   I've been a big Ron Paul supporter. But I'm still not sold on Barr.  Much of his past voting record isn't very Libertarian.

#4    Aztec Warrior

Aztec Warrior

Ancient Order of Hibernians Grand Master

• 3,339 posts

• A neoconservative is a "liberal mugged by reality," one who became more conservative after seeing the results of liberal policies.Iriving Kristol

Posted 05 September 2008 - 07:39 PM

Well, I'm sure all 5000 Paul supporters will be glued to their asylum chairs.

Posted ImageBlurring and Stirring the truth and the lies

So I don't know what's real and what's not
Always confusing the thoughts in my head
So I can't trust myself anymore
I'm dying again

#5    Bella-Angelique

Bella-Angelique

Caprica Six Cylon

• 7,174 posts

• There is more to learn

Posted 05 September 2008 - 07:59 PM

I can actually hope that Ron Paul might be able to inspire a lasting new party.
Some of his ideas and thoughts are quite good, and they are at least not the same old Kennedy agenda from the 1970s that the Dems still use and seem to be locked into like a kind of time warp loop. The only change they have come up with is selecting a proven habitual liar and friend of terrorists as their presidential candidate, while claiming constantly that he will do wonderful Clinton like things even though they rejected the Clintons. They have finally lost their collective minds.

The US needs two viable parties to keep it from turning into a single party fascist state and the Dems are clearly in a state of dry rot, never anything new, and they stick with old ideas like National Health Insurance which has already been proven a complete disaster in states like Mass. that implemented the program at a state level.

I wish Ron Paul and his people success. I think it is what all of us need. Even though I disagree with him on many things, mostly those would need many members of congress to ever pull off, he and his group so offer some real choice for some new things and some genuine new ideas.

Edited by Bella-Angelique, 05 September 2008 - 07:59 PM.

Posted Image

#6    AROCES

AROCES

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 16,312 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 08:21 PM

He will announce it here at UM forum at the same time?

Edited by AROCES, 05 September 2008 - 08:22 PM.

#7    LogicalPiccolo

LogicalPiccolo

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

• Hey you! YEAH YOU! Stop looking at my piccolo!

Posted 05 September 2008 - 08:32 PM

Aztec Warrior on Sep 5 2008, 12:39 PM, said:

Was that supposed to be an insulting dig? I'm confused. I don't understand what you were attempting to accomplish with that statement if it wasn't.

But I can assure you, there are far more than 5,000 of us out there. Most of us have never seen an asylum chair  tongue.gif

Edited for spelling

Edited by Ambriel, 05 September 2008 - 08:46 PM.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein.

"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain

#8    Aztec Warrior

Aztec Warrior

Ancient Order of Hibernians Grand Master

• 3,339 posts

• A neoconservative is a "liberal mugged by reality," one who became more conservative after seeing the results of liberal policies.Iriving Kristol

Posted 05 September 2008 - 08:49 PM

Ambriel on Sep 5 2008, 03:32 PM, said:

Was that supposed to be an insulting dig? I don't understand what you were attempting to accomplish with that statement if it wasn't.

And I can assure you, there are far more than 5,000 of us out there. Most of us have never seen an asylum chair  tongue.gif

Edited for spelling

The asylum part was based on his behavior traits and those of his supporters. Take that loony Paul supporter during McCain's speech as an example.

As for the numbers, I believe he received less than 1% of the total votes....more or less, and about 40 delegates.

Posted ImageBlurring and Stirring the truth and the lies

So I don't know what's real and what's not
Always confusing the thoughts in my head
So I can't trust myself anymore
I'm dying again

#9    Mr Honeybadger

Mr Honeybadger

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,838 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 10:20 PM

I've been a Ron Paul supporter for quite awhile now.

I tend to think WE are the sane ones.

Leave the asylum chairs for the masses who keep voting in the same knuckle-heads election after election.

#10    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

Telekinetic

• 7,066 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 10:27 PM

Aztec Warrior on Sep 5 2008, 08:39 PM, said:

He carried several percentile of every state. So your post is factually wrong. In addition to this, you feel the need to insult people who have done nothing to you. It's uncalled for and childish.

#11    Dowdy

Dowdy

Poltergeist

• 2,186 posts

• "The one thing we have learnt from history is that we learn nothing from history." Albert Einstein

Posted 06 September 2008 - 01:08 AM

Aztec Warrior on Sep 5 2008, 07:39 PM, said:

From what i've seen on both sides, i see a nation brainwashed by the candidates who offer nothing new and just say what the masses want to hear.

Who are the real sane ones in this case???

THE PAOMNNEHAL PWEOR OF THE HMUAN MNID Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. Can you? ;)

#12    SoCrazes

SoCrazes

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 03:04 AM

ohio traveler on Sep 5 2008, 11:20 PM, said:

I've been a Ron Paul supporter for quite awhile now.

I tend to think WE are the sane ones.

Leave the asylum chairs for the masses who keep voting in the same knuckle-heads election after election.

I agree Ohio.  If you vote the same, you will get the same.

"The unexamined life is not worth living." - Socrates

#13    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,876 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 09:19 AM

Aztec Warrior on Sep 5 2008, 01:49 PM, said:

The asylum part was based on his behavior traits and those of his supporters. Take that loony Paul supporter during McCain's speech as an example.

I thank you for your opinion

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#14    Guardsman Bass

Guardsman Bass

Poltergeist

• 2,222 posts

• Don't spam me, but feel free to drop a line.

Posted 06 September 2008 - 11:56 AM

What's he planning to do, run for President as an independent?  grin2.gif  Or is it something weirder -i.e., he's going to start a guerrilla movement in the United States?

"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours." -Sir Charles Napier

"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."   D.H. Lawrence

#15    Karlis

Karlis

• 8,614 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 12:35 PM

Dowdy on Sep 6 2008, 11:08 AM, said:

From what i've seen on both sides, i see a nation brainwashed by the candidates who offer nothing new and just say what the masses want to hear.

Who are the real sane ones in this case???
Ron Paul is just about the only one. Too bad the "movers and shakers" know that if Paul was elected, their ways would be thwarted in many areas.

I had hopes that Ron Paul would get more support than he did, but the Mainstream Media made sure he got virtually zero exposure.

Regards,
Karlis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users