Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Interesting Rumor; Biden may be on way out

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1    rideron

rideron

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 06:43 PM

We'll know soon enough if there is anything to this, but according to a sister of mine in D.C.......; Joe Biden may have something happening soon that will "relcutantly force him" to withdraw as Obama's V.P.  Apparently due to the unexpected strength of the Palin pick.

#2    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

Telekinetic

• 7,066 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 06:46 PM

Rush Limbaugh said this on Fox News last night...

#3    Bella-Angelique

Bella-Angelique

Caprica Six Cylon

• 7,174 posts

• There is more to learn

Posted 05 September 2008 - 06:51 PM

Had no idea that Rush was on FOX. When did that show start?

Posted Image

#4    SQLserver

SQLserver

Poltergeist

• 2,199 posts

• "Never underestimate the power of human stupidity"

Posted 05 September 2008 - 06:51 PM

Apparently due to the unexpected strength of the Palin pick

Sorry, yeah right. Obama has zoomed up in the Polls, while Palin has done little in the polls for McCain.
I have yet to genuinely find 1 person who is now voting for McCain because of Palin. I HAVE found several that are now voting for Obama, however.

It is important to remember that basically Palin is nothing besides a pathetic attempt to get the hillary-ites votes. And it failed. Now, Palin won't be much for McCain besides a huge weight on his back.

#5    Startraveler

Startraveler

Fleet Captain

• 4,491 posts

• Knowledge Brings Fear.

Posted 05 September 2008 - 06:56 PM

Well, the numbers so far don't bear out this sort of thinking:

At the same time, the story in the ideological center is different: Among moderates, Biden registers as a net 15-point positive for Obama. In the same group, Palin shows no effect on support for McCain.

Palin is a red meat offering to the rightwing base that holds McCain hostage. I imagine if Palin is ever allowed to take questions from the press her numbers will fall further, though it doesn't look like she'll do so before the election (transparent government, my friends).

Edited by Startraveler, 05 September 2008 - 06:58 PM.

#6    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

Telekinetic

• 7,066 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 06:57 PM

Bella-Angelique on Sep 5 2008, 06:51 PM, said:

Had no idea that Rush was on FOX. When did that show start?

He was a guest on Greta's show.

#7    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

Telekinetic

• 7,066 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 06:58 PM

Startraveler on Sep 5 2008, 06:56 PM, said:

Palin is a red meat offering to the rightwing base that holds McCain hostage. I imagine if Palin is ever allowed to take questions from the press her numbers will fall further, though it doesn't look like she'll do so before the election (transparent government, my friends).

I agree. I think it was more an appeal to the Christian right than to women.

#8    Aztec Warrior

Aztec Warrior

Ancient Order of Hibernians Grand Master

• 3,339 posts

• A neoconservative is a "liberal mugged by reality," one who became more conservative after seeing the results of liberal policies.Iriving Kristol

Posted 05 September 2008 - 07:11 PM

sqlserver on Sep 5 2008, 01:51 PM, said:

Sorry, yeah right. Obama has zoomed up in the Polls, while Palin has done little in the polls for McCain.
I have yet to genuinely find 1 person who is now voting for McCain because of Palin. I HAVE found several that are now voting for Obama, however.

It is important to remember that basically Palin is nothing besides a pathetic attempt to get the hillary-ites votes. And it failed. Now, Palin won't be much for McCain besides a huge weight on his back.

Palin has a 58% approval rating, higher than ANY candidate. So, either your spinning like a top and/or your pushing your propaganda again. Rasmussen poll.

CBS poll yesterday finds the race all tied up AGAIN, and Gallup has it within the margin of error. When McCain gets his bounce, probably this weekend or for sure by Monday, he will be leading. So, as I stated in another thread....he should have selected Hillary. As for this rumor....Biden leaving...I doubt it.

Edited by Aztec Warrior, 05 September 2008 - 07:11 PM.

Posted ImageBlurring and Stirring the truth and the lies

So I don't know what's real and what's not
Always confusing the thoughts in my head
So I can't trust myself anymore
I'm dying again

#9    Bella-Angelique

Bella-Angelique

Caprica Six Cylon

• 7,174 posts

• There is more to learn

Posted 05 September 2008 - 07:15 PM

Obama has lost three points since the last average of all polls was done.
Whether he lost points because of a speech at the Republican convention or because the information that he and his wife were friends of terrorists and that he even announced his candidacy for the senate from his terrorist friends home is now becoming more common knowledge, it is hard to say.

My personal opinion is that the long lists of lies that Obama has told are finally starting to really catch up with him. The media black out that was protecting him is crumbling on the edges it would appear. Whether it will be in time to prevent the tragedy of him becoming president is hard to say.

Posted Image

#10    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 6,960 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 05 September 2008 - 07:17 PM

Aztec Warrior on Sep 5 2008, 03:11 PM, said:

Palin has a 58% approval rating, higher than ANY candidate. So, either your spinning like a top and/or your pushing your propaganda again. Rasmussen poll.

CBS poll yesterday finds the race all tied up AGAIN, and Gallup has it within the margin of error. When McCain gets his bounce, probably this weekend or for sure by Monday, he will be leading. So, as I stated in another thread....he should have selected Hillary. As for this rumor....Biden leaving...I doubt it.

I agree. If the democrats pulled something like that at this point in time they would live up to their political symbol completely.

linked-image

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#11    SilverCougar

SilverCougar

All hail the gods of Rum

• 10,873 posts

• The origonal Damneddirtytreehugging-
    paganhippiewerecougarrum pirate.

Posted 05 September 2008 - 07:19 PM

I love how people are using the whole "OMGS TERRORIST!!" thing.  

Dude.. it was in the 60's..  who *didn't* know someone from a "terrorist" group back then?  And these arn't even the same damed "terrorists" we're supposedly fighting.. *rolls her eyes*

Doctor_Strangelove: If only I lived in a world with no risk of piss tests. Then I could just sit here and
watch videos on angelfish and become one with nature.

#12    Startraveler

Startraveler

Fleet Captain

• 4,491 posts

• Knowledge Brings Fear.

Posted 05 September 2008 - 07:24 PM

BREAKING NEWS: Condoleezza Rice is a terrorist!

#13    SilverCougar

SilverCougar

All hail the gods of Rum

• 10,873 posts

• The origonal Damneddirtytreehugging-
    paganhippiewerecougarrum pirate.

Posted 05 September 2008 - 07:37 PM

Startraveler on Sep 5 2008, 08:24 PM, said:

No no no.  See there's a difference.  She's just *meeting with* this guy..  She didn't know him in the 60's!  Totaly different man!

Doctor_Strangelove: If only I lived in a world with no risk of piss tests. Then I could just sit here and
watch videos on angelfish and become one with nature.

#14    Aztec Warrior

Aztec Warrior

Ancient Order of Hibernians Grand Master

• 3,339 posts

• A neoconservative is a "liberal mugged by reality," one who became more conservative after seeing the results of liberal policies.Iriving Kristol

Posted 05 September 2008 - 07:37 PM

SilverCougar on Sep 5 2008, 02:19 PM, said:

Dude.. it was in the 60's..  who *didn't* know someone from a "terrorist" group back then?  And these arn't even the same damed "terrorists" we're supposedly fighting.. *rolls her eyes*

Startraveler on Sep 5 2008, 02:24 PM, said:

Bella is a female.

Who didn't know someone from a "terrorist" group back then? Millions of NORMAL Americans. rolleyes.gif Oh, that's right...only right-wing conservatives are terrorists.  wacko.gif

Terrorist: A person, usually a member of a group, who uses or advocates terrorism, usually through means of violence. (Bombing is what Ayers was convicted of...property damage). A person who terrorizes or frightens others.

Posted ImageBlurring and Stirring the truth and the lies

So I don't know what's real and what's not
Always confusing the thoughts in my head
So I can't trust myself anymore
I'm dying again

#15    Bella-Angelique

Bella-Angelique

Caprica Six Cylon

• 7,174 posts

• There is more to learn

Posted 05 September 2008 - 07:42 PM

SilverCougar on Sep 5 2008, 03:19 PM, said:

Maybe you should actually read up on something before you do a lock step for the party at any price.
Ayers remarks that he is proud of what he did are from a recent interview, as well as his favorite picture of himself standing on a trampled flag.

And no, everyone was and is not the friend of a terrorists that used bombs and incited violence and murders.

But then maybe you still believe Obama's lie from Kerry's convention, where he told the touching story of his father being a poor goat herder from Kenya. Maybe you have been brainwashed to follow so well that any lie and deceit is acceptable to you now.

Do not ever say anything about what a liar Bush is when you want to put another proven liar into the White House to replace him. Lies and treason are lies and treason whether they are done by a white man or a black man, a Republican or a Democrat.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users