Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Bill O'reilly Interviews Barack Obama

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

Telekinetic

• 7,066 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 10:32 PM

This was aired last night. This is part one. Parts two, three, and four will be aired on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.

Part one centered on the War On Terror.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJH2n4aFEhA

#2    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

Telekinetic

• 7,066 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 12:27 AM

I'll be looking forward to the next few parts. Looks like Obama is actually getting into some details of his plan. Clinton's interview with O'reilly was pretty good too.

#3    Aristocrates

Aristocrates

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

• A brother Seamus? Like an Irish monk?

Posted 06 September 2008 - 01:18 AM

I thought he did an excellent job not letting Bill-O push him around and put him in a corner. Very interested to see how the rest of the interview plays out.

Edited by Aristocrates, 06 September 2008 - 01:19 AM.

If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic.

#4    Gustavo

Gustavo

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 01:39 AM

Obama has proven he is just like many other politicians in that he is squirming from his wrong position into a more correct position without admitting he was wrong. One of the reasons (Oh and there are more) he is absolutely NOT the right guy to be POTUS is because he disrespects the military. They didn’t win the war according to him. They lessened the violence but it wasn’t the surge that changed the tide. WRONG. It was the extreme efforts, indeed sacrificing the lives of some of our brothers in arms along with working with the Iraqis in places like Anbar and then the subsequent SURGE that gave us victory. You wont hear that we won from Obama though or the mainstream media. How can Obama be a commander in chief if he doesn’t respect the troops and they don’t respect him? I have heard him elsewhere boasting that Al Maliki has taken his plan to heart with respect to the withdrawal timeframe which is a complete mischaracterization of the fact that OUR MILITARY has prepared the ground through the SURGE to be ABLE to now imagine a timetable.  As Bill said, to Obamas face, If we had followed Obamas plan there would have been no surge and we would probably lose the war in Iraq, in fact as the leadership of the democratic party had already claimed we had lost. Now that is just incredible and so weak. Sickening is the realization that our press and many on the left put their hate for GW ahead of their love of country and support for their sons and daughters in uniform. Obama said we don’t see political reconciliation in Iraq. WRONG again. 15 of the 18 benchmarks have been met showing the success of the McCain plan. Thanks to McCains couragous insistance and risking his political future, supporting our awesome military, we are in a position to withdraw soon IN VICTORY! Just because Obama can speak clearly and articulate a cogent sentence doesn’t mean he understands what is happening and from this interview, so far, and other comments, he clearly does not.

Gustavo

p.s. - Vote for McCain!  Win in Iraq and remove the currency of corruption- earmarks! I know I already predicted this election was over a couple weeks ago and now it is solidifying and becoming obvious.

#5    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

Telekinetic

• 7,066 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 01:57 AM

Gustavo on Sep 6 2008, 02:39 AM, said:

One of the reasons (Oh and there are more) he is absolutely NOT the right guy to be POTUS is because he disrespects the military. They didn’t win the war according to him.

This isn't disrespecting the military. It's stating a fact. We haven't won the war.

They lessened the violence but it wasn’t the surge that changed the tide. WRONG. It was the extreme efforts, indeed sacrificing the lives of some of our brothers in arms along with working with the Iraqis in places like Anbar and then the subsequent SURGE that gave us victory. You wont hear that we won from Obama though or the mainstream media.

He didn't say that. He said because of the surge and excellent work of our military, we were able to lessen the violence. So we did hear that from Obama, on the mainstream media.

How can Obama be a commander in chief if he doesn’t respect the troops and they don’t respect him?

He does and they do. You don't know what you're talking about sir.

#6    CosmicStaR

CosmicStaR

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

• **Human sickness is so severe that few can bear to look at it, but those who do become well..**

Posted 06 September 2008 - 01:58 AM

Ughhh this video made me strain..
I xed it out after 3 minutes--

Posted Image

"-*This world is not conclusion; A sequel stands beyond, Invisible as music, But positive, as sound.-*"

“Physical strength is measured by what we can carry, Spiritual by what we can bear..”

#7    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

Telekinetic

• 7,066 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 01:58 AM

CosmicStar on Sep 6 2008, 01:58 AM, said:

Ughhh this video made me strain..
I xed it out after 3 minutes--

Reason being?

#8    CosmicStaR

CosmicStaR

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

• **Human sickness is so severe that few can bear to look at it, but those who do become well..**

Posted 06 September 2008 - 02:01 AM

I'm not sure--it just did...
I felt very uneasy.
Just didn't seem right

Edited by CosmicStar, 06 September 2008 - 02:01 AM.

Posted Image

"-*This world is not conclusion; A sequel stands beyond, Invisible as music, But positive, as sound.-*"

“Physical strength is measured by what we can carry, Spiritual by what we can bear..”

#9    Gustavo

Gustavo

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 02:23 AM

BlindMessiah on Sep 5 2008, 06:57 PM, said:

This isn't disrespecting the military. It's stating a fact. We haven't won the war.

He didn't say that. He said because of the surge and excellent work of our military, we were able to lessen the violence. So we did hear that from Obama, on the mainstream media.

He does and they do. You don't know what you're talking about sir.

Good one. I dont know what Im talikng about huh?  Ha! Pull your head out of your...er sandpile and smell the coffee. We have essentially won. We werent able to cut and run soon enough to sustain that loss that the dems wanted so badly.
Obama now says the surge and military have lessened the violence but he is too arrogant to admit he was wrong and that is the essense of the disrespect he has for the military.  He claims it was beyond anyones imagination that it could have been so effective. WRONG. McCain was all over it as the thing to do. This contrasts the candidates well.

#10    Aristocrates

Aristocrates

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

• A brother Seamus? Like an Irish monk?

Posted 06 September 2008 - 02:35 AM

Obama was right on the matter of whether the war in Iraq should be fought at all. That's what is important, not the surge.

And Gustavo, make up your mind as to whether we have "achieved victory" yet. While you're at it, define victory in Iraq. It seems all republicans have done and said about Iraq over the past years is "Conditions are bad! We cannot leave!" only to switch the argument to "Conditions are good! We cannot leave!" Obama and Biden are going to handle the situation in a way in which both Americans and Iraqis will be satisfied, while all McCain offers is to stay in Iraq for another 100 years.

If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic.

#11    InHuman

InHuman

Alien Abducter

• 4,492 posts

• Running on Bravado.

Posted 06 September 2008 - 02:39 AM

Yeah sanctions... hey MIIGGGHT work...  tongue.gif

He's right about the surge, sure violence is down the Iraqi's themselves weren't any stronger for it. The recent turn over has helped tho.

Also agree on Pakistan, if they wan't the west's help they must help the west.

There Will Be Brawl
Greatest Webseries Ever

If you carry out a policy that dehumanizes others, in the process you yourself are dehumanized.-Desmond Tutu

#12    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

Telekinetic

• 7,066 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 02:42 AM

As for Iran, if anyone thinks that their leader can be reasoned with... they don't understand religious conviction.

#13    Startraveler

Startraveler

Fleet Captain

• 4,492 posts

• Knowledge Brings Fear.

Posted 06 September 2008 - 02:52 AM

As for Iran, if anyone thinks that their leader can be reasoned with... they don't understand religious conviction.

I think you'd be surprised how alike the minds of politicians the world over are.

#14    Camazotz86

Camazotz86

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 02:55 AM

Interesting to know and for Mc Cain he is a war criminal.I know 2 people who serve under him in Vietnam and really you don't want to know their personal histories about that time.....

Attached Files

#15    InHuman

InHuman

Alien Abducter

• 4,492 posts

• Running on Bravado.

Posted 06 September 2008 - 02:56 AM

Did you just say Mccain is a war criminal?

Are you joking?

There Will Be Brawl
Greatest Webseries Ever

If you carry out a policy that dehumanizes others, in the process you yourself are dehumanized.-Desmond Tutu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users