Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Bill O'reilly Interviews Barack Obama

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#31    acidhead

acidhead

GOV Debt Slave

• 11,148 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 08:49 AM

Gustavo on Sep 5 2008, 06:39 PM, said:

Obama has proven he is just like many other politicians in that he is squirming from his wrong position into a more correct position without admitting he was wrong. One of the reasons (Oh and there are more) he is absolutely NOT the right guy to be POTUS is because he disrespects the military. They didnít win the war according to him. They lessened the violence but it wasnít the surge that changed the tide. WRONG. It was the extreme efforts, indeed sacrificing the lives of some of our brothers in arms along with working with the Iraqis in places like Anbar and then the subsequent SURGE that gave us victory. You wont hear that we won from Obama though or the mainstream media. How can Obama be a commander in chief if he doesnít respect the troops and they donít respect him? I have heard him elsewhere boasting that Al Maliki has taken his plan to heart with respect to the withdrawal timeframe which is a complete mischaracterization of the fact that OUR MILITARY has prepared the ground through the SURGE to be ABLE to now imagine a timetable.  As Bill said, to Obamas face, If we had followed Obamas plan there would have been no surge and we would probably lose the war in Iraq, in fact as the leadership of the democratic party had already claimed we had lost. Now that is just incredible and so weak. Sickening is the realization that our press and many on the left put their hate for GW ahead of their love of country and support for their sons and daughters in uniform. Obama said we donít see political reconciliation in Iraq. WRONG again. 15 of the 18 benchmarks have been met showing the success of the McCain plan. Thanks to McCains couragous insistance and risking his political future, supporting our awesome military, we are in a position to withdraw soon IN VICTORY! Just because Obama can speak clearly and articulate a cogent sentence doesnít mean he understands what is happening and from this interview, so far, and other comments, he clearly does not.

Gustavo

p.s. - Vote for McCain!  Win in Iraq and remove the currency of corruption- earmarks! I know I already predicted this election was over a couple weeks ago and now it is solidifying and becoming obvious.

uh.. what war? .. Iraq was invaded without U.N. approval..

.. .. occupation is the appropriate word for what happened in Iraq..

..and how does one claim a victory in an occupation?  Sooner or later American forces will go home leaving the country very vulnerable to another form of islamic government..

.. I can't ever see it working as easy as "America wins and claims victory"..

.. the headlines may print this yet the true reality is going to shock many who hold on to this false sense of reality..

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#32    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

Telekinetic

• 7,066 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 09:15 AM

acidhead43 on Sep 6 2008, 09:49 AM, said:

uh.. what war? .. Iraq was invaded without U.N. approval..

.. .. occupation is the appropriate word for what happened in Iraq..

..and how does one claim a victory in an occupation?  Sooner or later American forces will go home leaving the country very vulnerable to another form of islamic government..

.. I can't ever see it working as easy as "America wins and claims victory"..

.. the headlines may print this yet the true reality is going to shock many who hold on to this false sense of reality..

Not sure what U.N. approval has to do with this but anyway. You're right in saying the we can't win the war. As I said earlier,

How do you win the war on terror. By its very nature it can't be won. It's a war on an idea, an evil one, but an idea none the less.

#33    acidhead

acidhead

GOV Debt Slave

• 11,148 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 10:19 AM

BlindMessiah on Sep 6 2008, 02:15 AM, said:

Not sure what U.N. approval has to do with this but anyway. You're right in saying the we can't win the war. As I said earlier,

To point out that there was no formal declaration of war which could provide a clear victory for the winner ..  

(the invasion was considered an illegal BUT morally justified according to the U.N. charter)

..but what is clear is Iraq was invaded resulting in a long and expensive occupation .. both in human sacrifice and economics..

..if there is a clear winner that would be the Military contractors who have had the sweetest taste anyone will get to a victory.

Edited by acidhead43, 06 September 2008 - 10:27 AM.

#34    Mr Honeybadger

Mr Honeybadger

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,838 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 11:36 AM

BlindMessiah on Sep 6 2008, 01:39 AM, said:

I was kidding. That's what O'reilly calls people he doesn't like.

Yep. He has a segment on his show called " Pinhead or Patriot "

But I give Obama credit for doing Bill's show. He is a tough interviewer. I think he's fair though. He'll come right out and ask you the questions you don't want to answer. But that's what I expect him to do. If he was a soft interviewer, I probably wouldn't watch it.

#35    Incorrigible1

Incorrigible1

Government Agent

• 3,393 posts

• Champanya?

Posted 06 September 2008 - 03:38 PM

ohio traveler on Sep 6 2008, 06:36 AM, said:

But I give Obama credit for doing Bill's show. He is a tough interviewer. I think he's fair though. He'll come right out and ask you the questions you don't want to answer. But that's what I expect him to do. If he was a soft interviewer, I probably wouldn't watch it.

As one who doesn't like Hillary one whit, I must admit I was impressed with her, during O'Riley's interview with her. She answered his tough questions, and did so very well.

If a nation values anything more than freedom, it will lose its freedom; and the irony of it is that if it is comfort or money that it values more, it will lose that too. -- W. Somerset Maugham
Posted Image

#36    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

Telekinetic

• 7,066 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 06:38 PM

ohio traveler on Sep 6 2008, 12:36 PM, said:

I feel the same way. I can't stand the man but he gives better interviews than most.

#37    acidhead

acidhead

GOV Debt Slave

• 11,148 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 06:46 PM

BlindMessiah on Sep 6 2008, 11:38 AM, said:

I feel the same way. I can't stand the man but he gives better interviews than most.

Political entertainers can be very dangerous to society by manipulating public opinion and awareness..

Bill O'reilly is a prime example of this.. he's a neocon pundit radio host who never signed up ever for military action

for his country yet he doesn't hesitate to call on American children to fight the "good" fight as he calls in

in the name of patriotism..

.. i like to be entertained every now and then thou.. the last place I resort to to find this is from this jerk chicken hawk

that has had several accussations or charges of SEXUAL harrassment laid on him..  He totally disgusts me and creeps me out.. ****in pedofile

Edited by acidhead43, 06 September 2008 - 06:49 PM.

#38    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

Telekinetic

• 7,066 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 07:03 PM

acidhead43 on Sep 6 2008, 07:46 PM, said:

that has had several accussations or charges of SEXUAL harrassment laid on him..  He totally disgusts me and creeps me out.. ****in pedofile

He was cleared of the charges and it wasn't a child. So how can you possibly call him a pedophile? Especially considering one of the main focuses of his show is on protecting children from predators.

#39    acidhead

acidhead

GOV Debt Slave

• 11,148 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 07:08 PM

BlindMessiah on Sep 6 2008, 12:03 PM, said:

He was cleared of the charges and it wasn't a child. So how can you possibly call him a pedophile? Especially considering one of the main focuses of his show is on protecting children from predators.

for the effect.. o'reilly style

#40    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,116 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 06 September 2008 - 10:17 PM

acidhead43 on Sep 6 2008, 03:49 AM, said:

Especially when they resume their centuries old religious conflict right after we leave. The repubs will be like "ZOMG, we shouldn't have left!!".

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#41    Princess Serenity

Princess Serenity

♔ Usagi Tsukino

• 8,573 posts

• "There's nothing to fear but fear itself." Franklin D Roosevelt.

Posted 06 September 2008 - 10:47 PM

I heard about this. I'm kinda happy that Barach went on. I didn't hear/see what happened on in the interview.

Thanks for the link too.

happy.gif

#42    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

Telekinetic

• 7,066 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 10:48 PM

MoonPrincess on Sep 6 2008, 10:47 PM, said:

I heard about this. I'm kinda happy that Barach went on. I didn't hear/see what happened on in the interview.

Thanks for the link too.

happy.gif

No, problem, I'll be posting the next three parts when they air.

#43    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

Telekinetic

• 7,066 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 12:44 AM

Here is the next part of the interview. They discuss the economy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XW7tkN-_GM

#44    MasterPo

MasterPo

Alien Abducter

• 4,975 posts

• So sue me....

Posted 10 September 2008 - 02:28 AM

Obama is a good speaker, a good orator - when he has at least some control over the venue.

So was Bill Clinton.  unsure.gif

The Po File - As told to MasterPo by MasterPo

Have the courage to read it.

#45    InHuman

InHuman

Alien Abducter

• 4,492 posts

• Running on Bravado.

Posted 10 September 2008 - 03:05 AM

They add some length to it all so Obama can get some points in without Bill running up the wall..

There Will Be Brawl
Greatest Webseries Ever

If you carry out a policy that dehumanizes others, in the process you yourself are dehumanized.-Desmond Tutu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users