Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Oprah will not have Sarah Palin on the show

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#1    Caesar

Caesar

Alien Abducter

• 4,623 posts

• Semper Fidelis

Posted 06 September 2008 - 05:22 AM

linked-image
Oprah's made it official.  She's not going to have Sarah Palin on. She says she doesn't want her show to become a platform for candidates.
Oprah to Palin: I Can Pencil You In Later
This is just nonsense how many times has Obama been on?

#2    InHuman

InHuman

Alien Abducter

• 4,492 posts

• Running on Bravado.

Posted 06 September 2008 - 05:26 AM

lol Oprah.

I've disliked her ever since she spawned Dr.Phil.

There Will Be Brawl
Greatest Webseries Ever

If you carry out a policy that dehumanizes others, in the process you yourself are dehumanized.-Desmond Tutu

#3    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

Telekinetic

• 7,066 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 05:29 AM

Ya I read about this in the paper. Complete hypocrisy. But it's her show, whatever.

#4    Caesar

Caesar

Alien Abducter

• 4,623 posts

• Semper Fidelis

Posted 06 September 2008 - 05:54 AM

I thought the show along with Oprah was about empowering woman a show that gives a voice to those who have overcome obstacles and can inspire and uplift.

I viewed her blog and I think its really hurting her
oprah.com/community/blogs

#5    HKCavalier

HKCavalier

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 11:02 AM

Oprah's made it clear that Obama is an exceptional case.  She has never endorsed a candidate before and doesn't intend to make a habit of it.  So what?  

And please, much as the insta-media would like to crown her Queen of All Super Coolness, Sarah Palin is still little more than a walking publicity stunt for John McCain's flagging campaign.  She's the distraction of the week for the Republican machine.  Pay no attention to the man behind the war record!

Palin and Obama are both relative light-weights in any Presidential race, but where Obama has made his case for 18 months and won over the support of his party against considerable opposition, Palin was merely and very hastily appointed by a single man a week ago after only one meeting.  She's transparently a front, like the pretty little lipsynking girl at the Beijing Olympics.    

What floors me is that of all the very intelligent and diverse right-of-center thinkers on this board, none of you to my knowledge has noticed that she's a nobody, a light-weight. Not one has said, "The juries still out on Caribou Barbie." Where does the right draw the line? A child? A trained monkey? Would y'all accept a horse if it could tap out a pro-life message?

I mean, when I was confronted with Obama last year at the first Democratic Debate, I was thinking, "What the hell is that guy doing up there? A freshman senator? He made one nice speech 4 years ago! What is he, 30?" It took him quite a while to find his voice over the course of those interminable debates and to start impressing me. I've never seen a better managed presidential campaign. Time and again his decisions have been impressively shrewd. And despite the media's favorite fiction that his position constantly changes, I've been researching the guy from the beginning and his positions have been remarkably stable. Of course he's shifted his rhetoric, but the content has remained on message. What I mean is, as far as a politico in his position can impress a flaky anarchist like myself, he earned my respect.

But y'all just jump into bed with this total unknown from day one.  Why?  Hand her a snarky script penned by one of W.'s speech writers and she's ready to lead the Nation?  Seriously, what gives?

#6    Mr Honeybadger

Mr Honeybadger

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,838 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 11:26 AM

So I guess that means we can count on Oprah to voice her opposition to the future " Fairness Doctrine "  reinstatement ?

Yeah right.  I wouldn't put any money on that.

#7    Jonny Wonny

Jonny Wonny

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 11:58 AM

She's a sellout (period).

#8    goalienan

goalienan

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,166 posts

• you can't scare me...I have grandchildren..

Posted 06 September 2008 - 02:46 PM

I am definitely not an Oprah fan, and there's a picture of her on the front page this morning, where she looks like the dragon lady.But I'm wondering if Palin would have even said yes if she was invited.

Posted Image

.......DON'T GO THROUGH LIFE WITHOUT GOALS.........

#9    AROCES

AROCES

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 16,312 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 02:57 PM

HKCavalier on Sep 6 2008, 12:02 PM, said:

Oprah's made it clear that Obama is an exceptional case.  She has never endorsed a candidate before and doesn't intend to make a habit of it.  So what?

She allowed Obama to address the people on her show and no one else, that is not endorsing???

#10    Incorrigible1

Incorrigible1

Government Agent

• 3,393 posts

• Champanya?

Posted 06 September 2008 - 03:30 PM

HKCavalier on Sep 6 2008, 06:02 AM, said:

And please, much as the insta-media would like to crown her Queen of All Super Coolness, Sarah Palin is still little more than a walking publicity stunt for John McCain's flagging campaign.  She's the distraction of the week for the Republican machine.  Pay no attention to the man behind the war record!

You hope. It's quite obvious Palin is a rising star, and represents the average Joe/Joan very well.

If a nation values anything more than freedom, it will lose its freedom; and the irony of it is that if it is comfort or money that it values more, it will lose that too. -- W. Somerset Maugham
Posted Image

#11    MasterPo

MasterPo

Alien Abducter

• 4,975 posts

• So sue me....

Posted 06 September 2008 - 04:06 PM

While Oprah's support for Obama is well known and not unexpected, this doesn't make sense either.

Not her per se but her and all other claimed "liberated" and femenists should be dancing in the streets over Palin!

She's a self-made woman, unlike Hilary.
She climbed to the top on her own, didn't have to marry for it (unlike Hilary) or rely on affirmative programs or sleep her way to the top.
She has it all: A family and a strong career.
She makes much more than her husband!
She is the first female VP candidate of a major party who has a real chance of winning election.
She has a real chance to be the first actual female VP in office.
And if McCain/Palin win she stands a very good chance to be President with in the next 8 years (presuming McCain runs and wins again in 2012).
Even if McCain chooses not to run a second term she almost certainly will run for President in 2012!

She should be the poster-child for everything Feminism claims it stands for.

But instead she is being villified and the silence from other powerful females is defining!

Where the heck is Nancy Pelosi in all this?!

Just goes to show the true hypocracy of Feminism.   thumbdown.gif

Edited by MasterPo, 06 September 2008 - 04:31 PM.

The Po File - As told to MasterPo by MasterPo

Have the courage to read it.

#12    Startraveler

Startraveler

Fleet Captain

• 4,524 posts

• Knowledge Brings Fear.

Posted 06 September 2008 - 04:18 PM

She is the first female VP candidate of a major party.

Where on earth did you hear that?

#13    MasterPo

MasterPo

Alien Abducter

• 4,975 posts

• So sue me....

Posted 06 September 2008 - 04:31 PM

Startraveler on Sep 6 2008, 12:18 PM, said:

Where on earth did you hear that?

You're right.

I should have said "She's the first female VP candidate of a major party who has a real chance of winning election".

Thank you for pointing it out. Coffee hasn't set in yet. wink2.gif

#14    goalienan

goalienan

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,166 posts

• you can't scare me...I have grandchildren..

Posted 06 September 2008 - 04:33 PM

Wasn't Geraldine Ferraro on the Democratic ticket with Walter Mondale when he ran..

Posted Image

.......DON'T GO THROUGH LIFE WITHOUT GOALS.........

#15    MasterPo

MasterPo

Alien Abducter

• 4,975 posts

• So sue me....

Posted 06 September 2008 - 04:45 PM

goalienan on Sep 6 2008, 12:33 PM, said:

Wasn't Geraldine Ferraro on the Democratic ticket with Walter Mondale when he ran..

Mondale didn't stand a snowball's chance in hell of defeating Reagan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users