Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Oprah will not have Sarah Palin on the show

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#46    SilverCougar

SilverCougar

All hail the gods of Rum

• 10,877 posts

• The origonal Damneddirtytreehugging-
    paganhippiewerecougarrum pirate.

Posted 07 September 2008 - 08:31 PM

Incorrigible1 on Sep 6 2008, 04:30 PM, said:

You hope. It's quite obvious Palin is a rising star, and represents the average Joe/Joan very well.

And Obama is a riseing star that represents living the american dream.  He didn't have anything handed to him.  He worked his way up to where he is now. Which does inspire alot of people.

But i guess that doesn't matter because he didn't raise up on your side of things.  Kinda like how Palin didn't rise up on the dem's side of things.

Doctor_Strangelove: If only I lived in a world with no risk of piss tests. Then I could just sit here and
watch videos on angelfish and become one with nature.

#47    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,279 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 07 September 2008 - 09:56 PM

MasterPo on Sep 6 2008, 05:09 PM, said:

So mothers with children, mothers with pregnant children, mothers with children in the military, mothers with handicapped children, mothers who juggle career and family shouldn't identify with her and feel a sympatico with her?

Wether they do or not is immaterial. Governing is for intelligent people. Apart from the current resident of the whitehouse. It is not about putting your next door neighbor in the whitehouse. They are completely unready. Elections are not about personalities. That's what you lot do with American Idol. Elections are about policies. She's a mother. Big deal. Is Obama supposed to list being a father first in his list of life events so that then all fathers automatically identify and feel a sympatico with him? See how ridiculous your argument is?

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#48    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,279 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 07 September 2008 - 10:06 PM

Incorrigible1 on Sep 6 2008, 07:30 PM, said:

Not necessarily. We've had our hypocritical LA poster bragging up her city's 33million residents as she sneers at the Alaska governor. I live in "fly-over" country, and have an appreciation for sparsely populated states. I'm at least proud/confident enough to post my location, something I notice you've failed to do.

This is one reason Governor Palin is viewed as a representative of the Everyman. The fact she's an immensely popular governor, fairly elected by her constituents, speaks wonders.

I grew up in Omaha. And have no desire to move back. People in sparsely populated states have a great deal of difficulty even understanding the realities of governing the millions of people that live in the US and it's cities. Omaha would be a suburb. Yeah I like small towns too. I live in one twice the size of Palins. But no one would suggest that the mayor of any of these should be governor of the state or vice president. It's a ridiculous notion without working in the system. Palin is viewed by Republicans ONLY as a messiah. Democrats think she is a wacko. She is popular with Alaska's half million residients. That's a suburb where I live. She speaks ignorant and uneducated crap.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#49    The Unseen

The Unseen

Poltergeist

• 2,789 posts

• Whats out there?

Posted 07 September 2008 - 10:26 PM

Startraveler on Sep 7 2008, 02:14 PM, said:

Actually, he's Oprah's senator. And friend.

You belive what you want its your choice,I'm sticking to my story and thats the way it is.

#50    The Unseen

The Unseen

Poltergeist

• 2,789 posts

• Whats out there?

Posted 07 September 2008 - 10:35 PM

SilverCougar on Sep 7 2008, 02:31 PM, said:

And Obama is a riseing star that represents living the american dream.  He didn't have anything handed to him.  He worked his way up to where he is now. Which does inspire alot of people.

But i guess that doesn't matter because he didn't raise up on your side of things.  Kinda like how Palin didn't rise up on the dem's side of things.

Rising star?maybe but he does not repersent the American dream,Just another Bum running for office,saying anything to get votes,.Still I guess he'd make a better pres than Mccain.Sometimes I wish they would all be flying in a plane together and get lost at sea.I dont like anyone who is against homeowners protecting themselves with guns or tries to take them away from honest people.Criminals will always find away to get them and once we lose our right to bare arms we beome victims.Thats the way it is and I dont care what anyone else has to say,Living the American dream?Him suporting that,Hes a big JOKE.Still Oprah wont have anyone else on her show for the simple fact that she's a rasist and doesnt like anyone other than black and now that there is a black person running for office she will try to get everything she can out of him like free plubbliss,and anyway to get more people watching her stupid show.anything to get more money.I Hate Her Fat A$$.

Edited by theghost, 07 September 2008 - 10:40 PM.

#51    MasterPo

MasterPo

Alien Abducter

• 4,975 posts

• So sue me....

Posted 07 September 2008 - 10:45 PM

ninjadude on Sep 7 2008, 05:56 PM, said:

Wether they do or not is immaterial. Governing is for intelligent people.

So all who feel for her, feel an empathy with her are just dummies.

Thank you. Guess there's no point in voting if we're too dumb.

The Po File - As told to MasterPo by MasterPo

Have the courage to read it.

#52    Kissmet

Kissmet

Government Agent

• 3,779 posts

• Love is one of the greatest unexplained-mysteries of all time, it can give so much joy and cause so much pain, yet no mind can grasp how or why.

Posted 08 September 2008 - 02:34 AM

I personally think everyone should not listen to who Oprah thinks is "good" or "bad" who is to be "admired" and who is "not to be admired". She is human too you know and that is why we are gifted with our own intellect . We can't align our judgment with her just because she is "Oprah". Don't get me wrong though, I love Oprah but I just don't think it's right that we base our judgment on other people's opinion just because of the fact that they have a TV show and that they are obscenely rich.

Edited by Kissmet31, 08 September 2008 - 02:39 AM.

Posted Image
                            Thank you Hissie Sola!
Love is one of the greatest unexplained-mysteries of all time, it can give so much joy and cause so much pain, yet no mind can grasp how or why.

www.eons.com/members/profile

Visit my website www.jennysnook.weebly.com and www.serendipityscorner.weebly.com

#53    MasterPo

MasterPo

Alien Abducter

• 4,975 posts

• So sue me....

Posted 08 September 2008 - 02:51 AM

Kissmet31 on Sep 7 2008, 10:34 PM, said:

I personally think everyone should not listen to who Oprah thinks is "good" or "bad" who is to be "admired" and who is "not to be admired". She is human too you know and that is why we are gifted with our own intellect .

100% agree.

But,

1) Many people are swayed by her opinion. Like it or not, good or bad many people go by what she says. There are some who even hope she would run for office one day!

2) If she has Obama on but not Palin that will be taken aas a defacto endorsement which leads back to the sway factor.

Regretably, many people do say "If this-that celebrity thinks whatever they must know something I don't" or to that affect.

(Still waiting for Alec Baldwin to leave the country)

Edited by MasterPo, 08 September 2008 - 02:51 AM.

#54    Kissmet

Kissmet

Government Agent

• 3,779 posts

• Love is one of the greatest unexplained-mysteries of all time, it can give so much joy and cause so much pain, yet no mind can grasp how or why.

Posted 08 September 2008 - 02:58 AM

MasterPo on Sep 8 2008, 02:51 AM, said:

100% agree.

But,

1) Many people are swayed by her opinion. Like it or not, good or bad many people go by what she says. There are some who even hope she would run for office one day!

2) If she has Obama on but not Palin that will be taken aas a defacto endorsement which leads back to the sway factor.

Regretably, many people do say "If this-that celebrity thinks whatever they must know something I don't" or to that affect.

I know, SAD but TRUE. People do get swayed by the mouths of the influential.

Posted Image
                            Thank you Hissie Sola!
Love is one of the greatest unexplained-mysteries of all time, it can give so much joy and cause so much pain, yet no mind can grasp how or why.

www.eons.com/members/profile

Visit my website www.jennysnook.weebly.com and www.serendipityscorner.weebly.com

#55    msmischief

msmischief

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 231 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 03:34 AM

MasterPo on Sep 6 2008, 03:09 PM, said:

So mothers with children, mothers with pregnant children, mothers with children in the military, mothers with handicapped children, mothers who juggle career and family shouldn't identify with her and feel a sympatico with her?

Of course we can feel this way about her.  That doesn't mean we have to vote for her.

#56    MasterPo

MasterPo

Alien Abducter

• 4,975 posts

• So sue me....

Posted 08 September 2008 - 03:43 AM

msmischief on Sep 7 2008, 11:34 PM, said:

Of course we can feel this way about her.  That doesn't mean we have to vote for her.

Agreed.

Just saying that I think people are more likely to identify with her for those reasons and generally people support those they can identify with.

#57    InHuman

InHuman

Alien Abducter

• 4,492 posts

• Running on Bravado.

Posted 08 September 2008 - 04:04 AM

MasterPo on Sep 7 2008, 07:51 PM, said:

He's coming to Canada?

We'll take him, rather have Alec then all the other Baldwins combined....

There Will Be Brawl
Greatest Webseries Ever

If you carry out a policy that dehumanizes others, in the process you yourself are dehumanized.-Desmond Tutu

#58    MasterPo

MasterPo

Alien Abducter

• 4,975 posts

• So sue me....

Posted 08 September 2008 - 04:05 AM

InHuman on Sep 8 2008, 12:04 AM, said:

He's coming to Canada?

You can have him.

But I think he said he'd move to France or New Zealand.

#59    Sherapy

Sherapy

Sheri loves Sean loves Sheri...

• 24,798 posts

• "If one is to be thought acceptable and agreeable in society, one must submit to being taught the same lessons over and over again." --Hammer

Posted 08 September 2008 - 03:23 PM

theghost on Sep 7 2008, 03:35 PM, said:

Rising star?maybe but he does not repersent the American dream,Just another Bum running for office,saying anything to get votes,.Still I guess he'd make a better pres than Mccain.Sometimes I wish they would all be flying in a plane together and get lost at sea.I dont like anyone who is against homeowners protecting themselves with guns or tries to take them away from honest people.Criminals will always find away to get them and once we lose our right to bare arms we beome victims.Thats the way it is and I dont care what anyone else has to say,Living the American dream?Him suporting that,Hes a big JOKE.Still Oprah wont have anyone else on her show for the simple fact that she's a rasist and doesnt like anyone other than black and now that there is a black person running for office she will try to get everything she can out of him like free plubbliss,and anyway to get more people watching her stupid show.anything to get more money.I Hate Her Fat A$.

the days of the  american dream are over, raping and pillaging our resources not giving a crap about each other as long as we get our piece of the  pie...or  how we leave  america for the next generation.....Our children...

If we dont make changes now there will be nothing left for our kids .....

Obama is not selling blue sky, he is telling you this is  reality .....

Its time for a new dream a dream that  is all inclusive the great problem with capitalism is it has no heart and we as a culture are seeing the effects of this..

#60    AROCES

AROCES

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 16,312 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 03:30 PM

Tangerine Sheri on Sep 8 2008, 03:23 PM, said:

the days of the  american dream are over, raping and pillaging our resources not giving a crap about each other as long as we get our piece of the  pie...or  how we leave  america for the next generation.....Our children...
If we dont make changes now there will be nothing left for our kids .....
Obama is not selling blue sky, he is telling you this is  reality .....
Its time for a new dream a dream that  is all inclusive the great problem with capitalism is it has no heart and we as a culture are seeing the effects of this..

So if Obama wins America is saved???
There was such President before named Jimmy Carter who was suppose to have saved America from Capitalism.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users