Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Oprah will not have Sarah Palin on the show

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#61    Nxt2Hvn

Nxt2Hvn

Alien Abducter

• 5,083 posts

• 'For we walk by faith, not by sight.' II Corinthians 5:7

Posted 08 September 2008 - 03:51 PM

MasterPo on Sep 6 2008, 04:31 PM, said:

You're right.

I should have said "She's the first female VP candidate of a major party who has a real chance of winning election".

Thank you for pointing it out. Coffee hasn't set in yet. wink2.gif

LOL... I enjoyed reading this!  Thanks MasterPo!!   thumbsup.gif

I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin. ~anonymous~

#62    Sherapy

Sherapy

Sheri loves Sean loves Sheri...

• 22,452 posts

• Dysfunctional you can fix.

Posted 08 September 2008 - 11:40 PM

AROCES on Sep 8 2008, 08:30 AM, said:

So if Obama wins America is saved???
There was such President before named Jimmy Carter who was suppose to have saved America from Capitalism.

Or for cripes sake NO.....this is on us all to change our world the days of one person riding in on the horse are over.....

a good leader empowers all to lead where they can  thumbsup.gif Its incredibly self absorbed to think  one/two   people should have to shoulder the ills of the world IMO.....

If not us collectively then who????  

Obama  IMO just  represents  the  changing of minds seeing things  in a way that  are harmonious and collabrative and progressive........ and that is where change begins....  but its as much up to us as  anyone...he is the idea of 'change"  you have to understand so many are afraid of change and  can only deal with superficial  pretend in name only  changes.....so many see it as a threat because  this is what  they have been taught that nothing  of value changes ... there in lies the first step.... ....... when in truth the crux of life is change and adaptability and letting go....the fear of change has done incredible damage to humanity IMO...........baby steps......

for this Obama does represent  a medium for which we can all learn from and many can redefine the conditionings that have been taught in error..... IMO .....we can no longer  get away with  a shallow lackadasial attitude anymore as a collective.....

for the simple reason  we have  tapped out our resources...denial  is a reason but its not  an excuse....

Capitalism can have a heart ya know....We need to change our mindset and see ourselves as all in this together and be willing to  work in unity to change things, create a win win  for all  even  if it means contributing to the larger pic with money time and effort and letting go of the ideas that aren't serving us and for many this  is  the hard part.... ...

Edited by Tangerine Sheri, 08 September 2008 - 11:43 PM.

#63    AROCES

AROCES

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 16,312 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 11:55 PM

Tangerine Sheri on Sep 8 2008, 11:40 PM, said:

Or for cripes sake NO.....this is on us all to change our world the days of one person riding in on the horse are over.....

a good leader empowers all to lead where they can  thumbsup.gif Its incredibly self absorbed to think  one/two   people should have to shoulder the ills of the world IMO.....

If not us collectively then who????  

Obama  IMO just  represents  the  changing of minds seeing things  in a way that  are harmonious and collabrative and progressive........ and that is where change begins....  but its as much up to us as  anyone...he is the idea of 'change"  you have to understand so many are afraid of change and  can only deal with superficial  pretend in name only  changes.....so many see it as a threat because  this is what  they have been taught that nothing  of value changes ... there in lies the first step.... ....... when in truth the crux of life is change and adaptability and letting go....the fear of change has done incredible damage to humanity IMO...........baby steps......

for this Obama does represent  a medium for which we can all learn from and many can redefine the conditionings that have been taught in error..... IMO .....we can no longer  get away with  a shallow lackadasial attitude anymore as a collective.....

for the simple reason  we have  tapped out our resources...denial  is a reason but its not  an excuse....

Capitalism can have a heart ya know....We need to change our mindset and see ourselves as all in this together and be willing to  work in unity to change things, create a win win  for all  even  if it means contributing to the larger pic with money time and effort and letting go of the ideas that aren't serving us and for many this  is  the hard part.... ...

Change to what??? Can't just say change right?
Just yesterday Obama said he can;t raise taxes on the rich now since the economy is slow, as you can see it is an admission that tax break for the investors and capitalist creates jobs not taxing them as some have believed..

#64    Sherapy

Sherapy

• 22,452 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 12:26 AM

AROCES on Sep 8 2008, 04:55 PM, said:

Change to what??? Can't just say change right?
Just yesterday Obama said he can;t raise taxes on the rich now since the economy is slow, as you can see it is an admission that tax break for the investors and capitalist creates jobs not taxing them as some have believed..

this shows you that obama is open minded and a person  who thinks with critical awareness and sound judgment,  and he is truthful  he bases his posit on   the info and situation at hand.....draws conslusions from  that place...

thats the difference between authoritarian and authoritative   one is a dictator and  never changes thier mind on anything  the other has guiding principles  but is willing to  change as the sitaution warrants ...

for sures are a illusion.....nothing is for sure...if we have anyone saying this they  are not very sophisticated thinkers and not leader material..simple as that....IMO

#65    MasterPo

MasterPo

Alien Abducter

• 4,975 posts

• So sue me....

Posted 09 September 2008 - 01:09 AM

AROCES on Sep 8 2008, 11:30 AM, said:

So if Obama wins America is saved???
There was such President before named Jimmy Carter who was suppose to have saved America from Capitalism.

If Obama wins he will pull a Bill Clinton.

Remember how Clinton promised a tax cut? Then a few days after taking office he went on TV and said "I have never worked so hard as I have the last few days but I just can't give you the tax cut I promised" (paraphrase), the proceeded to raise taxes twice!

Obama will do the same with everything he is promising now and blame Bush for it. And the media will eagerly gubble it up.

The Po File - As told to MasterPo by MasterPo

Have the courage to read it.

#66    Enigmatic Ghost

Enigmatic Ghost

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,581 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 01:25 AM

Startraveler on Sep 6 2008, 05:47 PM, said:

Feminism isn't about your genitalia, it's about your views of the world and policy. Joe Biden is more of a feminist than Sarah Palin.

That is Very true and very funny Startraveler thumbsup.gif

Now as for Oprah’s standing upon not wanting Governor Sarah Palin upon her show, maybe Dr. Phil can help her work through those anger management issues yes.gif

Pavot

Edited by Pavot, 09 September 2008 - 01:39 AM.

#67    Sherapy

Sherapy

• 22,452 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 03:53 AM

MasterPo on Sep 8 2008, 06:09 PM, said:

If Obama wins he will pull a Bill Clinton.

Remember how Clinton promised a tax cut? Then a few days after taking office he went on TV and said "I have never worked so hard as I have the last few days but I just can't give you the tax cut I promised" (paraphrase), the proceeded to raise taxes twice!

Obama will do the same with everything he is promising now and blame Bush for it. And the media will eagerly gubble it up.

Economically we are in bad shape no matter who gets in taxes are going up....why do you have an issue with paying taxes ???how do you think  all the disasters  and housing crisis is gonna be payed for???

#68    Caesar

Caesar

Alien Abducter

• 4,623 posts

• Semper Fidelis

Posted 09 September 2008 - 04:18 AM

Tangerine Sheri on Sep 8 2008, 11:53 PM, said:

Economically we are in bad shape no matter who gets in taxes are going up....why do you have an issue with paying taxes ???how do you think  all the disasters  and housing crisis is gonna be payed for???

How can you have taxes going up and at the same time help the housing crisis?

#69    AROCES

AROCES

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 16,312 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 04:50 AM

Tangerine Sheri on Sep 9 2008, 01:26 AM, said:

this shows you that obama is open minded and a person  who thinks with critical awareness and sound judgment,  and he is truthful  he bases his posit on   the info and situation at hand.....draws conslusions from  that place...

Then why does he wants to tax those he wants not to tax now to help the economy???
That is sound judgement?
That is not open minded, that is going along with the campaign theme or supporters wish regardless if it's good or bad.

thats the difference between authoritarian and authoritative   one is a dictator and  never changes thier mind on anything  the other has guiding principles  but is willing to  change as the sitaution warrants ...

Nope that is the difference between a leader and a mere politician.

Edited by AROCES, 09 September 2008 - 05:19 AM.

#70    IrishAidan07

IrishAidan07

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts

• If you can't describe what you are doing as a process, you don't know what you're doing.

Posted 09 September 2008 - 05:05 AM

You guys see the ad they been showing on this site? The little Google sponsered ads or whatever. One of them says something like, "Sarah Plain - VPILF.

LOL. That's hilarious. Everyone understand what VPILF means, I hope. It's an MTV link, I gather. Crazy the things people come up with when someone new comes into the limelight.

Edited by IrishAidan, 09 September 2008 - 05:06 AM.

"There is not a Liberal America, a Conservative America, a Red America or Blue America, there is the United States of America." ~ Barack Obama

Posted Image

~~Irish~~

#71    Caesar

Caesar

Alien Abducter

• 4,623 posts

• Semper Fidelis

Posted 09 September 2008 - 05:14 AM

IrishAidan on Sep 9 2008, 01:05 AM, said:

You guys see the ad they been showing on this site? The little Google sponsered ads or whatever. One of them says something like, "Sarah Plain - VPILF.

LOL. That's hilarious. Everyone understand what VPILF means, I hope. It's an MTV link, I gather. Crazy the things people come up with when someone new comes into the limelight.

OH the google adsense, I'm seeing baracuda t-shorts

#72    Incorrigible1

Incorrigible1

Government Agent

• 3,393 posts

• Champanya?

Posted 09 September 2008 - 07:52 AM

Tangerine Sheri on Sep 8 2008, 10:53 PM, said:

Yet BHO continues to spout "tax breaks for 95% of the population." Would honesty be a change for Obama?

If a nation values anything more than freedom, it will lose its freedom; and the irony of it is that if it is comfort or money that it values more, it will lose that too. -- W. Somerset Maugham
Posted Image

#73    Sherapy

Sherapy

• 22,452 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 02:52 PM

incorr. and Arocles.. IMO I do not think either party can avoid  raising taxes....We don't have any money ....so many things are doing without.... In California the state budget has  not been completed and many are making federal minimum wage which is less than minimum wage..

the educational system and housing market which the  govt had to bail out as a last ditch attempt to try and save  the economy....is a strong indicater that  we have no inflow much of it that greases the wheels of  economy has been thwarted....I dont care what anyone says  you cant squeeze blood out of a rock....

I am not basing my vote on taxes IMO that is absurd....

Edited by Tangerine Sheri, 09 September 2008 - 03:31 PM.

#74    AROCES

AROCES

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 16,312 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 03:31 PM

Tangerine Sheri on Sep 9 2008, 03:52 PM, said:

incorr. and Arocles.. IMO I do not think either party can avoid  raising taxes....We don't have any money ....so many things are doing without.... In California the state budget has  not been completed and many are making federal minimum wage which is less than minimum wage..

the educational system and housing market which the  govt had to bail out as a last ditch attempt to try and save  the economy....is a strong indicater that  we have no inflow much of it that greases the wheels of  economy has been thwarted....I dont care what anyone says  you cant squeeze blood out of a rock....

I am not basing my vote on taxes IMO that is absurd....

Federal budget is about $3 Trillion, that is TRILLION!!! You telling us the govt does not have enough money?
If you keep feeding and feeding the govt it will keep asking for more and the end result is more abuses, corruption and incompetence in the govt.
California is full of abuses, outrageous govt payroll and benefits, entitlements to able bodies and now as you can see it's like a pandoras box. Those who been sucking into it are at rage at the governor for trying to control it.
Every year in every election I see an initiatives for more money for education, it's a GIANT waste for the same people who is responsible for the failure of it are simply asking for more money to fix their mess. Would you do such if you own a school, or would you change crew?

#75    Sherapy

Sherapy

• 22,452 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 05:40 PM

AROCES on Sep 9 2008, 08:31 AM, said:

Federal budget is about $3 Trillion, that is TRILLION!!! You telling us the govt does not have enough money?
If you keep feeding and feeding the govt it will keep asking for more and the end result is more abuses, corruption and incompetence in the govt.
California is full of abuses, outrageous govt payroll and benefits, entitlements to able bodies and now as you can see it's like a pandoras box. Those who been sucking into it are at rage at the governor for trying to control it.
Every year in every election I see an initiatives for more money for education, it's a GIANT waste for the same people who is responsible for the failure of it are simply asking for more money to fix their mess. Would you do such if you own a school, or would you change crew?
they wont be getting more money especially with the charters which is really the new education , lets not forget war costs millions a day my friend, now  the public school system is very generous if you are in the charters,  because there is no  overhead, i do this out of my house so the money that is allotted to each  child instead of going to   the maintainence of the building and the   corporate level and other BS  goes directly into the  child's education so you end up with a top notch education with all the perks one on one and all the help a child could  ever dream of ..... but it means you have to stay home and commit to this as the parent  which  we do, but not many can do this and many flat out don't want to ......

so on one hand if you are willing to  go the extra mile, do a little leg work  you can make your tax dollars work for you....there are many ways....this is how i roll....

what  ideas  do you invest in that's how I decide on a leader.. look economically we are moving towards a lot of changes anyways, some are already in place education is one of course it is different  state to state.... alternative energy is a biggie we are in commercial construction and hubby has had to learn about solar  energy etc....eventually at some point we will be using ethonal we have tons of corn fields as we speak moving towards this...oil is not our future ...

again look to brazil, germany, isreal to name a few  they are moving forward we are lagging behind... america is gonna be  in the dark ages  if they dont get with the program....
alot of other  places are going green( if you travel you already know this  )  as a priority ....

perhaps it would  serve us to   be concerned  with being a cave country the focus and money should be on getting us of off  fossil fuel  not bs ing about the reality of it ...lol paying more taxes is moot the economy is built on fossil fuel  consumption this is what   has to change  sooner or later with obama it "may be" and i say maybe *shrugs*  sooner.........IMO........
what  the republicans propose is a quick fix, keep on spending put off put off until itsmore of a disaster......r.. I dont agree with this  philososphy I dont live my life this   way, I am  on top of things I keep abreast of  the bigger pic.....

look off  shore drilling which may or may not produce oil and if it does it will barely make a dent  gas prices are still  gonna be high    but setting that side  the biggest voice is the  consumer, because  all the ones with money rely on us to grease their wheels .. it really doesnt matter who you elect not really what  matters is what you  support with your dollars thats where your voice is and thats where you have the most impact.........IMO

look when the gas prices went up starbucks closed  300 stores they said it was too much too soon but really the consumer starts cutting things  out and 4 dollar a day coffee is the first to go....along with alot of jobs....we have had horrible money  leadership in this country .......  

you have to understand we are mocing towards a global economy .. the best you can do is  know whats  going on and have friends outside of the US they hear more about  us then we do.. IMO I would  not trust any politician in america  to be honest we are told virtually nothing.........

Edited by Tangerine Sheri, 09 September 2008 - 06:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users