Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Collective Mass Siezure of The American Left

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#16    libertyworld

libertyworld

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 07:21 AM

InHuman on Sep 6 2008, 11:55 PM, said:

Just replace he with she and you have the other side.
So why are their worries qualified as a "huge fit"... sure there are some dead set on bringing her down, but the same could be said of those who did the same to Obama (the e-mails, the lies)...

Huh?
If you are saying BHO has been given the same treatment as Palin...
That would make you seem nuts.
I must not be understanding you.
Nobody in their right mind could think that.

Edited by libertyworld, 07 September 2008 - 07:24 AM.

Stand For Goodness

#17    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 29,484 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 07:52 AM

When this race is over.  Those who didn't vote for obama will be called racists.  Doesn't matter if he wins or loses.  Just like when Hillary lost the claim was that those who didn't vote for her were sexiest.  IE the country wasn't ready for a woman president or something along those lines.

Except there were people who wanted Mrs Rice to run. Me being one of them.

I am a mormon.  If I don't use mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you.

#18    Guardsman Bass

Guardsman Bass

Poltergeist

• 2,222 posts

• Don't spam me, but feel free to drop a line.

Posted 07 September 2008 - 02:58 PM

libertyworld on Sep 6 2008, 09:58 PM, said:

Why They Hate Her
Sarah Palin is a smart missile aimed at the heart of the left.
by Jeffrey Bell

For months John McCain has apparently been hoping to use his selection of a running mate to shake up the presidential race. By picking Alaska governor Sarah Palin, McCain has accomplished that--and very likely a lot more than that, more than he or anyone else could have imagined.

I'm not talking about the widely remarked fact that if Palin performs well, and regardless of whether McCain wins or loses, she becomes a future Republican presidential prospect. Given the end of the remarkable 28-year run of the Bush family--present on six of the last seven GOP national tickets, a record that could stand forever--and McCain's own status as a pre-baby boomer, this was baked in the cake no matter what younger Republican politician McCain chose to elevate.

But even apart from its political implications, the rollout of the Sarah Palin vice presidential candidacy may be regarded decades from now as a nationally shared Rorschach test of enormous cultural significance.

If she loses, then all she is is a washed-up Vice Presidential nominee running for President. You want to ask Al Gore, Lloyd Bentsen, Jack Kemp, and John Edwards how well that went for them?

From the instant of Palin's designation on Friday, August 29, the American left went into a collective mass seizure from which it shows no sign of emerging. The left blogosphere and elite media have, for the moment, joined forces and become indistinguishable from each other, and from the supermarket tabloids, in their desire to find and use anything that will criminalize and/or humiliate Palin and her family. In sharp contrast to the yearlong restraint shown toward truthful reports about John Edwards's affair, bizarre rumors have been reported as news, and, according to McCain campaign directorSteve Schmidt, nationally known members of the elite media have besieged him with preposterous demands.

"Restraint?" Perhaps in releasing it, but once it was out, they stampeded to broadcast it everywhere and anywhere.

Besides, Palin deserves a good vetting. She has a very spotty record during her time in public office, and that's not forgetting the fact that she's under an active investigation for abuse of power.

The most striking thing in purely political terms about this hurricane of elite rage is the built-in likelihood that it will backfire. It's not simply that it is highly capable of generating sympathy for Palin among puzzled undecided voters and of infuriating and motivating a previously placid GOP base, neither of which is in the interest of the Obama-Biden campaign. It also created an opening for Palin herself to look calm, composed, competent, and funny in response.

We'll see. Should she find herself getting indicted on October 31st, do you think Americans will find this suddenly just so worth of being sympathetic too?

Now, I'm not going to say that this won't happen. If there's one thing that Americans have convinced me of, it's that there is literally no bottom to the stupidity of the so-called "Undecided" voters.

In her acceptance speech last Wednesday night, anyone could see the poise and skill that undoubtedly attracted McCain's attention months ago, when few others were even aware that he was looking. But it was precisely the venom of the left's assault that heightened the drama and made it a riveting television event. Palin benefited from her ability to project full awareness of the volume and relentlessness of the attacks without showing a scintilla of resentment or self-pity.

Care to actually point out any pieces of that venom from a major media outlet? They were falling over themselves to praise it as a game-changing event, even though the speech was terrible; it had numerous outright lies plus precious little good content, combined with an off-key delivery that was very jarring compared to Obama's speech.

This is a rare talent, one shared by Franklin D. Roosevelt and Ronald Reagan. For this quality to have even a chance to develop, there must be something real to serve as an emotional backdrop: disproportionate, crazy-seeming rage by one's political enemies. Roosevelt was on his party's national ticket five times and Reagan sought the presidency four times. Each became governor of what at the time was the nation's most populous state. It took Roosevelt and Reagan decades of national prominence and pitched ideological combat to achieve the gift of enemies like these. Yet the American left awarded Sarah Palin this gift seemingly within a microsecond of her appearance on the national stage in Dayton, Ohio. Why?

We'll see. I think you're getting all worked up over very little; honestly, who cares what the Republican Convention-goers thought? They're all devotees, anyways.

The most important thing to know about the left today is that it is centered on social issues. At root, it always has been, ever since the movement took form and received its name in the revolutionary Paris of the 1790s. In order to drive toward a vision of true human liberation, all the institutions and moral codes we associate with civilization had to be torn down. The institutions targeted in revolutionary France included the monarchy and the nobility, but even higher on the enemies list of the Jacobins and their allies were organized religion and the family, institutions in which the moral values of traditional society could be preserved and passed on outside the control of the leftist vanguard...

That's a load of horse****, and you know it. The main issues of the Left are

1)Conflict - generally pro-cooperation. Not Social.

2)Health Care- Economic, not social

3)Equal Rights - Legal, not social

4)Welfare - Economic, not social

The simple fact of her being a pro-life married mother of five with a thriving political career was--before anything else about her was known--enough for the left and its outliers to target her for destruction. She could not be allowed to contradict symbolically one of the central narratives of the left. How galling it will be to Sarah Palin's many new enemies if she survives this assault and prevails. If she does, her success may be an important moment in the struggle to shape not just America's politics but its culture.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Publ...4rlysq.asp?pg=1

Pretty good analysis there I think.

Not really. This idiot somehow thinks we're targeting Palin because she doesn't fit the "feminist narrative" (whatever the hell that type of thing is), as opposed to the fact that she's a lying, power-abusing, reactionary politician.

"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours." -Sir Charles Napier

"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."   D.H. Lawrence

#19    MasterPo

MasterPo

Alien Abducter

• 4,975 posts

• So sue me....

Posted 07 September 2008 - 03:27 PM

danielost on Sep 7 2008, 03:52 AM, said:

When this race is over.  Those who didn't vote for obama will be called racists.  Doesn't matter if he wins or loses.  Just like when Hillary lost the claim was that those who didn't vote for her were sexiest.  IE the country wasn't ready for a woman president or something along those lines.

I think as the election draws closer the polls will swing very noticably (more than a point or two) in McCain/Palin's favor. When that happens the popular press and talking heads will bring up the race issue. They will float it as a question, something like "Do you think people just won't vote for a blackman for President?" or "Why do you think people don't want a black man for President?" in a gutless attempt to shame at least some people into think they are racist.

Except there were people who wanted Mrs Rice to run. Me being one of them.

She would have been an interesting candidate. Educated, articulate, clearly highly experienced...She probably feared something similar as to what is happening to Palin. Which is why I've said over and over that we have lost soooooooooo many great potential leaders in all offices simply out of fear of them and their families being raked through the mud during the campaign. sad.gif

The Po File - As told to MasterPo by MasterPo

Have the courage to read it.

#20    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 9,076 posts

• Universe Service Pack 2 still needs patching.

Posted 07 September 2008 - 03:50 PM

MasterPo on Sep 7 2008, 04:27 PM, said:

She would have been an interesting candidate. Educated, articulate, clearly highly experienced...She probably feared something similar as to what is happening to Palin. Which is why I've said over and over that we have lost soooooooooo many great potential leaders in all offices simply out of fear of them and their families being raked through the mud during the campaign. sad.gif

Condoleezza "worst National Security Advisor ever" Rice? Interesting is definitely one way to put it.

"What happens when an irresistible force meets an immovable object?" - Tiggs vs PA - Did Jesus Really exist? - The Formal Debate:
HERE
Posted Image

#21    MasterPo

MasterPo

Alien Abducter

• 4,975 posts

• So sue me....

Posted 07 September 2008 - 03:51 PM

Tiggs on Sep 7 2008, 11:50 AM, said:

Condoleezza "worst National Security Advisor ever" Rice?

Based on what??

#22    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 9,076 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 03:55 PM

MasterPo on Sep 7 2008, 04:51 PM, said:

Based on what??

Based on this.

"What happens when an irresistible force meets an immovable object?" - Tiggs vs PA - Did Jesus Really exist? - The Formal Debate:
HERE
Posted Image

#23    Startraveler

Startraveler

Fleet Captain

• 4,510 posts

• Knowledge Brings Fear.

Posted 07 September 2008 - 04:10 PM

For a laugh.

Edited by Startraveler, 07 September 2008 - 04:10 PM.

#24    SQLserver

SQLserver

Poltergeist

• 2,199 posts

• "Never underestimate the power of human stupidity"

Posted 07 September 2008 - 04:17 PM

Wait a second.

So, you are telling me that negatively attacking someone means you are scared of them?

Sorry, that's incorrect. If it were true, Republicans would be dead of fright by now.

Cheers,
SQLsever

#25    SQLserver

SQLserver

Poltergeist

• 2,199 posts

• "Never underestimate the power of human stupidity"

Posted 07 September 2008 - 04:25 PM

The main issues of the Left are

1)Conflict - generally pro-cooperation. Not Social.

2)Health Care- Economic, not social

3)Equal Rights - Legal, not social

4)Welfare - Economic, not social

Well said!
The thing is, you see, that the insano-ChristoFascists on the Right(Not saying all on the right are ChristoFascists) THINK that these issues are "Social".

They continually try and label everything as Social to fool people into believing that this is something like:
Godless Liberal Atheists vs Nice Family Christians.

They even have a name for it: "The Culture Wars"

It isn't. It is Civil Rights, the Founding Fathers, and the Constitution vs ChristoFascism.

It's no different from the  Civil Rights movement of the 60's, where we had the SAME ChristoFascists crying foul.

The SINGLE most important right for EVERY American should be Civil Rights and Liberties.

Until EVERY American agrees, we have a MAJOR problem.

Cheers,
SQLserver

Edited by sqlserver, 07 September 2008 - 04:26 PM.

#26    MasterPo

MasterPo

Alien Abducter

• 4,975 posts

• So sue me....

Posted 07 September 2008 - 04:32 PM

Tiggs on Sep 7 2008, 11:55 AM, said:

Based on this.

Get a new line. That's been worn out.

#27    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 9,076 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 04:43 PM

MasterPo on Sep 7 2008, 05:32 PM, said:

In the face of such a stunningly articulate and professional rebuttal...no.

HERE
Posted Image

#28    Ourmoonlitsun

Ourmoonlitsun

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 04:48 PM

MasterPo on Sep 7 2008, 05:32 PM, said:

...and so it's no longer valid?  I noticed your response was to not refute it.

One time I met the Devil. I asked, "Do you have any other forms?"  The Devil replied, "Yeah... Martha Stewart." I stood in silence for a moment. Then I nodded and said, "Makes sense."

#29    MasterPo

MasterPo

Alien Abducter

• 4,975 posts

• So sue me....

Posted 07 September 2008 - 05:03 PM

Ourmoonlitsun on Sep 7 2008, 12:48 PM, said:

...and so it's no longer valid?  I noticed your response was to not refute it.

I didn't think a mod would want to chew up even more forum bandwidth with a topic that has been beaten to a pulp already else where on the site.

But if we're going down that road, riddle me this:

Quote from the article: "Black laid out the case, consisting of communications intercepts and other top-secret intelligence showing the increasing likelihood that al-Qaeda would soon attack the United States. It was a mass of fragments and dots that nonetheless made a compelling case, so compelling to Tenet that he decided he and Black should go to the White House immediately." (my bold added)

So once again we are back to the old connect-the-dots argument. No specifics, no definate time frame, no MO. Just "something" was going to happen "soon".

Can you imagine the disruption in society if every time a report of  "something" happening "soon" mobilized the nation? I don't think the AMerican people want to have to live like the Israelies do.

ps- Why didn't Sandy Berger, National Security Advisor under Bill Clinton, connect the dots before?

Edited by MasterPo, 07 September 2008 - 05:06 PM.

#30    Startraveler

Startraveler

Fleet Captain

• 4,510 posts

• Knowledge Brings Fear.

Posted 07 September 2008 - 05:09 PM

ps- Why didn't Sandy Berger, National Security Advisor under Bill Clinton, connect the dots before?

You mean I should stop ordering "Berger '16" buttons?!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users