Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

McCain,Obama tied in Rasmussen Poll

supercar

Sunday, September 07, 2008

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Sunday, September 7, shows the race for the White House is tied.

In the first national polling results based entirely on interviews conducted after Sarah Palin’s acceptance speech, Barack Obama gets 46% of the vote and so does John McCain. When "leaners" are included, it’s all even at 48%. Tracking Poll results are released at 9:30 a.m. Eastern Time each day and a FREE daily e-mail update is available.

This past Tuesday, Obama’s bounce peaked with the Democrat enjoying a six-percentage point advantage. Before the two conventions were held, Obama had consistently held a one or two point lead over McCain for most of August (see recent daily results).

Tracking Poll results are based upon nightly telephone interviews and reported on a three-day rolling average basis. As a result, tomorrow (Monday) will be the first update based entirely upon interviews conducted after McCain’s speech. By Tuesday or Wednesday, the net impact of both political conventions should be fairly clear.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_con...l_tracking_poll

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Caesar

• MasterPo

• Guardsman Bass

• AROCES

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just waiting for the CBS poll that always favors democrats, then all the other media networks use that number because its the best for democrats

Today's New York Post ran an article that Obama called Hilary to ask her to help campaign for him. As a result she's going to be in Florida this week stumping for Obama.

There was a side-by-side conparison between Sarah and Hilary. Funny thing, it listed Obama as the "mortal enemy" for both! :D

Hehehehe - Look back at the thread to Hilary Supporters that I started the other day (probably on page 2 by now).

Exactly what I said is coming true! :tu:

Hehehehe - Look back at the thread to Hilary Supporters that I started the other day (probably on page 2 by now).

Exactly what I said is coming true! :tu:

I bet Hilary laughed when Palin was picked

"Where can I get me a hunt'n license?" - John Kerry B)

LOL I lived in Boston for 28 years. he is such a looser

Gallup Poll even have McCain ahead now of Obama. Just means it is a close election and not what many Libs have thought of an easy win for Obama.

I think we see now Palin being a big factor.

Gallup Poll even have McCain ahead now of Obama. Just means it is a close election and not what many Libs have thought of an easy win for Obama.

I think we see now Palin being a big factor.

Its been a huge factor, I think once she on the tv shows she will be even better. I also think she is going to get a much bigger chunk of those Hilary supporters

Its been a huge factor, I think once she on the tv shows she will be even better. I also think she is going to get a much bigger chunk of those Hilary supporters

Not sure about the Hillary supporters, I think most of them are hard core leftist.

I would say men voters and the so called Reagan democrats will be the booster.

Considering that they're tied, who gives a **** about what the national poll says? Presidents in the US aren't elected in a nation-wide popular vote; they're elected state-by-state in the electoral college, which means that it is far more important when the polls say how many electoral votes Obama would get if the election were held today.

Considering that they're tied, who gives a **** about what the national poll says? Presidents in the US aren't elected in a nation-wide popular vote; they're elected state-by-state in the electoral college, which means that it is far more important when the polls say how many electoral votes Obama would get if the election were held today.

Did you complain of the various threads regarding the polls when BHO was leading?

In an election process, I think polls are extremely relevant to the discussion. So we'll chalk you up as one who feels otherwise. Check.

...who gives a **** ...

You seem pretty upset with all the swearing you're doing GB.

Guess this all must be pretty hard on you.

Did you complain of the various threads regarding the polls when BHO was leading?

In an election process, I think polls are extremely relevant to the discussion. So we'll chalk you up as one who feels otherwise. Check.

Mostly, I haven't said anything at all about the other national polls, because they are the same type of thing - Obama and McCain still close. Like they've been for months.

As I said in another thread, they're more useful as a general measure of support for a candidate. When a pair of candidates are this close, that makes them effectively meaningless, since they don't tell whether one candidate is really "liked" to a significant degree over that of his competitor.

Not sure about the Hillary supporters, I think most of them are hard core leftist.

I would say men voters and the so called Reagan democrats will be the booster.

I thought the same thing, that it was more about womans issues till I read the Hilary blogs

hillaryclintonforum.net

pumapac.org