Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

McCain,Obama tied in Rasmussen Poll

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1    supercar

supercar

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,116 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 01:22 PM

Sunday, September 07, 2008

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Sunday, September 7, shows the race for the White House is tied.

In the first national polling results based entirely on interviews conducted after Sarah Palinís acceptance speech, Barack Obama gets 46% of the vote and so does John McCain. When "leaners" are included, itís all even at 48%. Tracking Poll results are released at 9:30 a.m. Eastern Time each day and a FREE daily e-mail update is available.

This past Tuesday, Obamaís bounce peaked with the Democrat enjoying a six-percentage point advantage. Before the two conventions were held, Obama had consistently held a one or two point lead over McCain for most of August (see recent daily results).

Tracking Poll results are based upon nightly telephone interviews and reported on a three-day rolling average basis. As a result, tomorrow (Monday) will be the first update based entirely upon interviews conducted after McCainís speech. By Tuesday or Wednesday, the net impact of both political conventions should be fairly clear.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_con...l_tracking_poll

#2    Caesar

Caesar

Alien Abducter

• 4,623 posts

• Semper Fidelis

Posted 08 September 2008 - 02:14 AM

I'm just waiting for the CBS poll that always favors democrats, then all the other media networks use that number because its the best for democrats

#3    MasterPo

MasterPo

Alien Abducter

• 4,975 posts

• So sue me....

Posted 08 September 2008 - 02:17 AM

Today's New York Post ran an article that Obama called Hilary to ask her to help campaign for him. As a result she's going to be in Florida this week stumping for Obama.

There was a side-by-side conparison between Sarah and Hilary. Funny thing, it listed Obama as the "mortal enemy" for both! grin2.gif

The Po File - As told to MasterPo by MasterPo

Have the courage to read it.

#4    Caesar

Caesar

Alien Abducter

• 4,623 posts

• Semper Fidelis

Posted 08 September 2008 - 02:30 AM

Yeah he asked Hilary to attack Palin but she said no. from what I've seen on tv

#5    MasterPo

MasterPo

Alien Abducter

• 4,975 posts

• So sue me....

Posted 08 September 2008 - 02:42 AM

Hehehehe - Look back at the thread to Hilary Supporters that I started the other day (probably on page 2 by now).

Exactly what I said is coming true! thumbsup.gif

#6    Caesar

Caesar

Alien Abducter

• 4,623 posts

• Semper Fidelis

Posted 08 September 2008 - 02:45 AM

MasterPo on Sep 7 2008, 10:42 PM, said:

Hehehehe - Look back at the thread to Hilary Supporters that I started the other day (probably on page 2 by now).

Exactly what I said is coming true! thumbsup.gif

I bet Hilary laughed when Palin was picked

#7    MasterPo

MasterPo

Alien Abducter

• 4,975 posts

• So sue me....

Posted 08 September 2008 - 02:45 AM

"Where can I get me a hunt'n license?" - John Kerry cool.gif

#8    Caesar

Caesar

Alien Abducter

• 4,623 posts

• Semper Fidelis

Posted 08 September 2008 - 02:57 AM

MasterPo on Sep 7 2008, 10:45 PM, said:

"Where can I get me a hunt'n license?" - John Kerry cool.gif

LOL I lived in Boston for 28 years. he is such a looser

#9    AROCES

AROCES

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 16,312 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 05:36 AM

Gallup Poll even have McCain ahead now of Obama. Just means it is a close election and not what many Libs have thought of an easy win for Obama.
I think we see now Palin being a big factor.

#10    Caesar

Caesar

Alien Abducter

• 4,623 posts

• Semper Fidelis

Posted 08 September 2008 - 06:10 AM

AROCES on Sep 8 2008, 01:36 AM, said:

Gallup Poll even have McCain ahead now of Obama. Just means it is a close election and not what many Libs have thought of an easy win for Obama.
I think we see now Palin being a big factor.

Its been a huge factor, I think once she on the tv shows she will be even better. I also think she is going to get a much bigger chunk of those Hilary supporters

#11    AROCES

AROCES

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 16,312 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 03:17 PM

Caesar on Sep 8 2008, 06:10 AM, said:

Its been a huge factor, I think once she on the tv shows she will be even better. I also think she is going to get a much bigger chunk of those Hilary supporters

Not sure about the Hillary supporters, I think most of them are hard core leftist.
I would say men voters and the so called Reagan democrats will be the booster.

#12    Guardsman Bass

Guardsman Bass

Poltergeist

• 2,222 posts

• Don't spam me, but feel free to drop a line.

Posted 08 September 2008 - 05:02 PM

Considering that they're tied, who gives a **** about what the national poll says? Presidents in the US aren't elected in a nation-wide popular vote; they're elected state-by-state in the electoral college, which means that it is far more important when the polls say how many electoral votes Obama would get if the election were held today.

"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours." -Sir Charles Napier

"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."  ó D.H. Lawrence

#13    Incorrigible1

Incorrigible1

Government Agent

• 3,393 posts

• Champanya?

Posted 08 September 2008 - 06:35 PM

Guardsman Bass on Sep 8 2008, 12:02 PM, said:

Considering that they're tied, who gives a **** about what the national poll says? Presidents in the US aren't elected in a nation-wide popular vote; they're elected state-by-state in the electoral college, which means that it is far more important when the polls say how many electoral votes Obama would get if the election were held today.

Did you complain of the various threads regarding the polls when BHO was leading?

In an election process, I think polls are extremely relevant to the discussion. So we'll chalk you up as one who feels otherwise. Check.

If a nation values anything more than freedom, it will lose its freedom; and the irony of it is that if it is comfort or money that it values more, it will lose that too. -- W. Somerset Maugham
Posted Image

#14    libertyworld

libertyworld

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 07:23 PM

Guardsman Bass on Sep 8 2008, 10:02 AM, said:

...who gives a **** ...

You seem pretty upset with all the swearing you're doing GB.
Guess this all must be pretty hard on you.

Stand For Goodness

#15    Guardsman Bass

Guardsman Bass

Poltergeist

• 2,222 posts

• Don't spam me, but feel free to drop a line.

Posted 08 September 2008 - 08:41 PM

Incorrigible1 on Sep 8 2008, 12:35 PM, said:

Did you complain of the various threads regarding the polls when BHO was leading?

In an election process, I think polls are extremely relevant to the discussion. So we'll chalk you up as one who feels otherwise. Check.

Mostly, I haven't said anything at all about the other national polls, because they are the same type of thing - Obama and McCain still close. Like they've been for months.

As I said in another thread, they're more useful as a general measure of support for a candidate. When a pair of candidates are this close, that makes them effectively meaningless, since they don't tell whether one candidate is really "liked" to a significant degree over that of his competitor.

"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours." -Sir Charles Napier

"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."  ó D.H. Lawrence

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users