Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Democrats Throw 12,000 American Flags

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1    goalienan

goalienan

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,166 posts

• you can't scare me...I have grandchildren..

Posted 07 September 2008 - 02:30 PM

In a staggering act of political and enviornmental insensitivity, the Democratic Party threw 12,000 American flags left over from their convention in December into the garbage during the cleanup of Invesco Field, where Barack Obama spoke before a flag-waving crowd.

According to the Denver Post, the flags were en route to a landfill when one of the cleanup workers realized what was happening.  The worker, whose name is not yet known, turned the flags over to local Republicans, hoping to save them.  Local Republican officials say that the flags will be used at a McCain-Palin rally today in Colorado Springs, and that the Republicans will see to it that the flags are properly re-used or respectfully destroyed.

Flags can be properly disposed of by following the regulations of the US Flag Code. Local VFW posts and American Legion posts are always glad to help with flag disposal, as are most local Boy Scout troops.  Flags should be re-used for future re-use, or be ceremonially destroyed rather than being thrown into the garbage.

It is never acceptable to simply throw the flag into the garbage.  To throw 12,000 flags into the garbage is an act of the profoundest disrespect for the American Flag, and to the veterans who fought and died under that banner.

An Update on Fox News is reporting that it was a vendor who discovered the flags, not a cleanup worker.

Update:  The Democrats claim those flags were going to be used for other events and were stolen by the McCain campaign.  Left unsaid by the Democrats is why flags intended for use at other events were being stored "in and near" trash cans.

AllNews,US Politics..

#2    GreyWeather

GreyWeather

噢,这真是个快乐

• 6,407 posts

• If at first you don't succeed... cheat.

Posted 07 September 2008 - 02:36 PM

Some people are obsessed with China dolls, some are obsessed with shiny pennies. Others, it's old, thrown out flags. Yay Capitalist materialism.

Edited by Chokmah, 07 September 2008 - 02:37 PM.

Posted Image

If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do. The smallest act of kindness can be the greatest thing in the world.

#3    pendora

pendora

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 470 posts

• Life is an Occasion. Rise to it!

Posted 07 September 2008 - 02:46 PM

FFS

Yet another flap for the right to lie about.  God it gets old.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/09/06/...in4422762.shtml

Edited by pendora, 07 September 2008 - 02:54 PM.

~  It amazes me that some people think their skepticism is of any importance to me at all.  ~

#4    MasterPo

MasterPo

Alien Abducter

• 4,975 posts

• So sue me....

Posted 07 September 2008 - 03:31 PM

pendora on Sep 7 2008, 10:46 AM, said:

FFS

Yet another flap for the right to lie about.  God it gets old.

It was probably some low level person who was told to "Take down the flags and clean them up" so they had the flags bagged and put out with the trash. Wasn't given any instruction or authority to contact a VFW.

NTL, one would think if the flags were to be used later they would be part of a planned clean up.

I don't think this is big hay. But it just another token of showing how some people think (or lack thereof).

The Po File - As told to MasterPo by MasterPo

Have the courage to read it.

#5    AROCES

AROCES

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 16,312 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 03:39 PM

Where were all the environmentalist then at the convention?
With their consciousness on environment(like drilling), I'm surprise it got overlooked.

#6    SQLserver

SQLserver

Poltergeist

• 2,199 posts

• "Never underestimate the power of human stupidity"

Posted 07 September 2008 - 03:46 PM

Guys:
Just in case you didn't get it the story is bogus. The flags were in bags to be donated and and sent elsewhere.

#7    InHuman

InHuman

Alien Abducter

• 4,492 posts

• Running on Bravado.

Posted 07 September 2008 - 05:32 PM

l.o.l

There Will Be Brawl
Greatest Webseries Ever

If you carry out a policy that dehumanizes others, in the process you yourself are dehumanized.-Desmond Tutu

#8    IrishAidan07

IrishAidan07

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts

• If you can't describe what you are doing as a process, you don't know what you're doing.

Posted 07 September 2008 - 06:16 PM

Amazing how easy it is to pull the wool over the eyes of so many Americans.

"There is not a Liberal America, a Conservative America, a Red America or Blue America, there is the United States of America." ~ Barack Obama

Posted Image

~~Irish~~

#9    SilverCougar

SilverCougar

All hail the gods of Rum

• 10,877 posts

• The origonal Damneddirtytreehugging-
    paganhippiewerecougarrum pirate.

Posted 07 September 2008 - 08:04 PM

Now... why are the conservitives so riled up and rabid over this...  *ponders*  

But wait.. it wasn't what they expected! It was a lie! *gasp*

Doctor_Strangelove: If only I lived in a world with no risk of piss tests. Then I could just sit here and
watch videos on angelfish and become one with nature.

#10    InHuman

InHuman

Alien Abducter

• 4,492 posts

• Running on Bravado.

Posted 08 September 2008 - 01:45 AM

Shouldn't this thread be closed now?

There Will Be Brawl
Greatest Webseries Ever

If you carry out a policy that dehumanizes others, in the process you yourself are dehumanized.-Desmond Tutu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users