Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

McCain Now Winning Majority of Independents

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16    Guardsman Bass

Guardsman Bass

Poltergeist

• 2,222 posts

• Don't spam me, but feel free to drop a line.

Posted 10 September 2008 - 11:18 PM

IrishAidan on Sep 10 2008, 07:26 AM, said:

I'll enter the Republican ground saying: Biden is a moron. Terrible pick for Obama. Palin, as I've said, I actually like. I'm still for Obama, being the liberal I am, but there is a possibility I'll change to McCain.

Why?

Because I never disliked McCain. I love Palin. I can't stand to look at Biden, that little phony SOB. I hate that guy with a passion.

What keeps me from saying I am voting for McCain without a doubt?

I love Obama.

Don't vote on the basis of love. Vote on the basis of researching the background and ideas of the candidates themselves, plus their party platforms.

But don't take my word for it. Remember the last time we voted a charming, folksy, down-to-earth "reformer with results" governor into the presidential office? His name was George W. Bush.

"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours." -Sir Charles Napier

"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."  — D.H. Lawrence

#17    HKCavalier

HKCavalier

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 11:46 PM

AROCES on Sep 10 2008, 06:16 AM, said:

The selection of Palin changed the race really big time.
What's to watch now is how the Democrats will try to destroy her, Obama is up to it now.
When was the last time a Presidential candidate is attacking the opponents VP instead????

But Obama hasn't attacked his opponent's VP pick at all.  And I suspect she'll be more than able to destroy herself with her scandle a day.  The better question is:  when has a VP ever carried a ticket--or better yet--when has the VP ever had to carry the ticket until McCain/Palin?

#18    AROCES

AROCES

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 16,312 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 12:56 AM

HKCavalier on Sep 11 2008, 12:46 AM, said:

But Obama hasn't attacked his opponent's VP pick at all.  And I suspect she'll be more than able to destroy herself with her scandle a day.  The better question is:  when has a VP ever carried a ticket--or better yet--when has the VP ever had to carry the ticket until McCain/Palin?

Dem sent 30 Lawyers to Alaska to look for dirt or your scandal a day, who do you think approved that and funding it, Biden?
You are in denial then that Palin boosted McCains chance, the whole country sees it and even the democrats.
Like I said, this is historical for this never happened before.
The Democrat tried it before with Geraldine Ferraro, it didn't work for she was just used as a pawn or for display, a female VP.
Sarah is more than a just a female politician, she draws crowd and people like what they see of her.

Edited by AROCES, 11 September 2008 - 01:00 AM.

#19    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,278 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 12 September 2008 - 01:34 AM

Duplicate

Edited by ninjadude, 12 September 2008 - 01:40 AM.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#20    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,278 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 12 September 2008 - 01:39 AM

actually Aroces if you'll check you'll find that the DNC did NOT send 30 layers to Alaska. They sent 0. They don't even have that many. The repubs however, did. To vet Palin AFTER the fact. You tell me, is that the kind of president you want - again. Ready, Fire, Aim.

Earlier today, the Obama campaign held a conference call for reporters to rebut an account in the Wall St. Journal that it, or perhaps the Democratic Party, had “air-dropped” into Alaska an army of vetters, to scrub Governor Palin’s record.

Josh Earnest, a spokesman for Mr. Obama, got into a testy exchange with several reporters on the campaign’s “Alaska Mythbusters” conference call. The journalists asked repeatedly about the presence of any Obama campaign or Democratic National Committee staff members in the state checking into her record.

“I’m not sure how many times this question has to be answered, but hopefully this will be the last time,” Mr. Earnest said in response to a reporter’s question. “There are no Obama or D.N.C. staffers or researchers that were air dropped into Alaska.”

We asked the McCain campaign for a response to the conference call. Brian Rogers, a spokesman, wrote back: “Please. Most folks trust the Wall Street Journal more than the Obama campaign any day of the week.”

Michael Gehrke, research director of the Democratic National Committee, scoffed at all of this:

“Sadly, I don’t have 30 lawyers, researchers, investigators or even wolves at my disposal. We have sent a grand total of zero people to Alaska to research Governor Palin. We’ve got all these McCain houses to keep track of.

“The ironic thing - which you all reported - is that the only people who sent lawyers to Alaska to research Palin was the McCain camp, who belatedly thought it was a good idea to vet her after they picked her to be one heartbeat away from the leader of the free world. They say all us political types look alike so maybe that’s what led to the confusion.

link

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#21    Guardsman Bass

Guardsman Bass

Poltergeist

• 2,222 posts

• Don't spam me, but feel free to drop a line.

Posted 12 September 2008 - 01:43 AM

Now there's a thing you'll probably see in a McCain presidency more often than not if he somehow wins the election - damage control squads. God only knows he'll need them, considering his previous forays into presidential politics.

"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours." -Sir Charles Napier

"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."  — D.H. Lawrence

#22    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

Telekinetic

• 7,066 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 01:50 AM

Incorrigible1 on Sep 10 2008, 03:43 AM, said:

In spite of the bleating from the leftists, the Palin nod must needs be recognized as brilliant.

She certainly has been... I'm just trying to figure out why. I don't get what her appeal is to moderates. She's a right wing religious woman. I understand how that helps McCain with his base but not with moderates.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users