Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Sex Ed For Kindergartners

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#16    crtDzyn

crtDzyn

Bills Sabres Buffalo

• 4,222 posts

• Get to da choppa

Posted 10 September 2008 - 02:12 PM

MUM24/7 on Sep 10 2008, 09:03 AM, said:

I can picture 30 kiddies saying in unison:

B-o-y-s   h-a-v-e   p-e-n-i-s-e-s   g-i-r-l-s   h-a-v-e    v-a-g-i-n-a-s

tongue.gif  wink2.gif

Hahaha... It's not a tumour!!!

Posted Image

#17    Neognosis

Neognosis

Telekinetic

• 7,159 posts

• Just try not to hurt anybody, ok?

Posted 10 September 2008 - 02:18 PM

I just read Neo's post and would like to know what exactly is the type of sex ed Obama is talking about.

http://www.swamppolitics.com/news/politics...n_obama_se.html

---the legislation allowed local school boards to teach "age-appropriate" sex education, not comprehensive lessons to kindergartners, and it gave schools the ability to warn young children about inappropriate touching and sexual predators.---

You are a moron distracted by shiny things (not YOU specifically...although maybe) if you actually believe what McCain is trying to subtly allude to.

--Obama supported age-appropriate instruction so that children as young as kindergartners would be able to tell the difference between appropriate affection and abuse. --

Come on people, look up from the grass you are grazing on and do a little research before you let politicains scare you with nonsense like this.

Obama supported a law that advocated teaching Kindergarteners where is is inappropriate for an adult to try to touch them. GASP! HORRIBLE! wrong for our families!

Idiots. No wonder we elect the clowns we elect. We are a nation of sheep who are too complacent and, frankly, dumb, to know nonsense when we hear it.

#18    zitro1987

zitro1987

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 02:29 PM

MoonPrincess on Sep 10 2008, 09:49 AM, said:

Neo: What's your point? All you did was quotes.

I don't care. I'm against this idea. I think it's really dumb.

This is not news, this is a political ad from a campaign that follows karl Rove-style politics.

The bill in question is not to teach sex education at all, it's to teach kids what constitutes as inappropriate touching. is that wrong?

#19    AROCES

AROCES

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 16,312 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 03:07 PM

zitro1987 on Sep 10 2008, 03:29 PM, said:

This is not news, this is a political ad from a campaign that follows karl Rove-style politics.

The bill in question is not to teach sex education at all, it's to teach kids what constitutes as inappropriate touching. is that wrong?

You need a freking govt bill for that???????????? rolleyes.gif

#20    Neognosis

Neognosis

Telekinetic

• 7,159 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 03:33 PM

It was only PART of a bill.

And seeing as how some conservatives loose their sanity anytime anyone even mentions teaching children about sex, yea, you would need a bill to mention "good touch, bad touch" in school.

Look at how some of you are freaking out on this thread, which isn't even based in truth.

#21    AROCES

AROCES

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 16,312 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 04:04 PM

Neognosis on Sep 10 2008, 04:33 PM, said:

It was only PART of a bill.

And seeing as how some conservatives loose their sanity anytime anyone even mentions teaching children about sex, yea, you would need a bill to mention "good touch, bad touch" in school.

Look at how some of you are freaking out on this thread, which isn't even based in truth.

We loose sanity when you libs wants the govt as the mentor in our way of life.
The truth is that is how you want to instill your liberal ideas, plant it on an early age to kids. Why do you think you want education control instead of leaving it to parents, schools and communities?

Edited by AROCES, 10 September 2008 - 04:07 PM.

#22    Neognosis

Neognosis

Telekinetic

• 7,159 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 04:08 PM

I'm quite sure that "we libs" don't want to make the gov't a mentor in your way of life. Nor do we want to "instill liberal ideas" in your children. Well, not unless you count teaching kids the dignity of other human beings, kindness, sharing, equanity, and respect for other people, cultures, and ideas. GASP! Horrible! Save us from the Liberals!

If you look up from the Kool Aid once in a while, Aroces, you might realize that most liberals are not what you say they are.

#23    AROCES

AROCES

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 16,312 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 04:12 PM

Neognosis on Sep 10 2008, 05:08 PM, said:

I'm quite sure that "we libs" don't want to make the gov't a mentor in your way of life. Nor do we want to "instill liberal ideas" in your children. Well, not unless you count teaching kids the dignity of other human beings, kindness, sharing, equanity, and respect for other people, cultures, and ideas. GASP! Horrible! Save us from the Liberals!

If you look up from the Kool Aid once in a while, Aroces, you might realize that most liberals are not what you say they are.

Leave the teaching the kids dignity to parents, school and community.
WE NEED NO FREAKING  GOVT BILL FOR THAT!
And then you tax us for you to teach dignity for kindergarten, right?

#24    Neognosis

Neognosis

Telekinetic

• 7,159 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 04:16 PM

Nobody has sponsored a bill to make teaching dignity manditory in schools.

See how brainwashed and paranoid you are?

Yea, we put out a "dignity teaching tax." You caught us. You sound like a crazy person.

Man, where do you get this stuff?

#25    AROCES

AROCES

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 16,312 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 04:24 PM

Neognosis on Sep 10 2008, 05:16 PM, said:

Nobody has sponsored a bill to make teaching dignity manditory in schools.

See how brainwashed and paranoid you are?

Yea, we put out a "dignity teaching tax." You caught us. You sound like a crazy person.

Man, where do you get this stuff?

Yes, I am paranoid whenever you libs dip your hands in education. You folks already made a mess of it, now leave it alone.

#26    Neognosis

Neognosis

Telekinetic

• 7,159 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 04:26 PM

Liberals didn't make a mess out of education, No Child Left Behind did that.

And liberals don't turn out students who don't understand the theory of evolution. But conservatives do.

#27    Eumeka78

Eumeka78

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 04:33 PM

Neognosis on Sep 10 2008, 11:08 AM, said:

That made my day, thanks.

To those that are still "grazing:"

The government is already involved in schools...ever heard of public education? Where do you think the funds come from?

It really kills me when you turn the word "liberal" into a form of profanity. This country was started on "liberal" thinking.

As to the idea of teaching children about inappropriate touching in school, I think that is a great idea. The belief that this sort of teaching should be carried out at home falls by the wayside in cases where the pedophile is part of the family. I have done volunteer work with abused children for a decade. Children are groomed from an early age by predators to think what is happening to them is normal. I am not making these comments out of support for Obama, I am making them because this is a good idea. Labeling ideas because of its origin does not solve anything.

#28    Cleomenes

Cleomenes

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 04:47 PM

Neognosis on Sep 10 2008, 11:26 AM, said:

Liberals didn't make a mess out of education, No Child Left Behind did that.

And liberals don't turn out students who don't understand the theory of evolution. But conservatives do.

Our educational system was screwed long before No Child Left Behind.

In terms of not teaching evolution, teaching intelligent design or creationism is one of the most unbelievably stupid positions in modern politics (along with not researching stem cells IMO).  3 years ago Kansas decided to teach intelligent design in their schools, simply baffling.

#29    Neognosis

Neognosis

Telekinetic

• 7,159 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 04:56 PM

No Child Left Behind didn't help. Hey, great idea....we'll make teachers have to get their kids a minimum score on standardized tests, and if they don't, we'll cut their funding to punish them!

--but wouldn't cutting funding just make it harder for them to teach the kids next budget cycle?

---yes, but we'll punish them! That will make them better!

3 years ago Kansas decided to teach intelligent design in their schools, simply baffling.

Indeed, simply baffling. This is what happens when political and religious ideas are given more gravity than science. Conservatives call that being "elitist." But in reality, it's really just not being ignorant and arrogant.

#30    eqgumby

eqgumby

Telekinetic

• 7,576 posts

• If you have genuine psi-powers, you can change the world overnight. So do it, or stop playing Dragon-Ball Z with my brain!

Posted 10 September 2008 - 05:28 PM

I think this is more classic bologna. It happens on both sides all the time. I am truly getting more and more sick of it all the time.

Extreme libs want masturbation, homosexuality, *spam filter*, oral sex taught in school.

Extreme cons want God and abstinence taught in schools.

Somewhere in between at varying levels is everyone else, inundated daily with propaganda from BOTH sides.

I have an idea! Lets teach OUR children what WE as RESPONSIBLE parents, feel they should be taught, AT HOME. PUBLIC school is NO PLACE to teach this information from EITHER perspective.

I have 2 kids in high-school right now. I have to "un-teach" them crap from BOTH sides all the time.

I had to explain the other day, that NO, it was not OK for the gay couple to make-out in the hallway. When confronted with the WHY NOT! that was inevitable, I asked if straight couples got in trouble for making out in the hallway. Insert moment of thoughtful silence, and the room suddenly getting brighter as the light bulb lit up over his head.

OH! So, it's just not OK to MAKE-OUT then, it doesn't matter if it's guys/girls or whatever combination.

It's really simple. Libs, don't teach my kids how to have *spam filter* *insert stuff here* "just in case they want to experiment", and I won't teach your kids eight ways to kill a man with a pencil and build a gun from spare parts around teh house "just in case they want to experiment. Fair enough?

EDIT: spammed out my clean references to sexual behavior. Sorry mods.

Edited by eqgumby, 10 September 2008 - 05:33 PM.

Credentials/Background<--This is a link!

It's not about tolerance and it's certainly not about searching for truth. It's about the chic of the intelligentsia. ---  Harmon-E Cherry
http://chzgifs.files...chucknorris.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users