Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Member Ranks / Titles

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,190 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 08 May 2001 - 06:13 PM

OK, I've changed the Member rankings slightly. Your ranking is based on the number of messages/threads you have posted in the forum, and changes automatically once you reach that certain number of posts. The current rankings / Titles are as follows:

Under 25 Posts : Junior Member
  25-50 Posts : Full Member
 50-100 Posts : Senior Member
100-250 Posts : Supreme Member
   250+ Posts : Omnipotent Member

and if you post over 1000 you ought to be doing my job. ;D

#2    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 08 May 2001 - 07:09 PM

Outstanding!!  I just made "Senior Member" grin2.gif

This is a great forum ;D

אַ֭תָּה אֱלֹהֵ֣י יִשְׁעִ֑י

#3    Magikman

Magikman

Most Exalted member of the first 15

• 6,280 posts

• "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

Posted 08 May 2001 - 08:03 PM

Gareth,

I'm going for SUPERIOR OMNIPOTENT SENIOR MEMBER - 10th DEGREE. tongue.gif

Magikman

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#4    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,190 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 08 May 2001 - 08:32 PM

LOL original.gif

Only 76,349 posts left to go then.

;D

#5    Magikman

Magikman

• 6,280 posts

Posted 09 May 2001 - 01:46 AM

Not a problem, although I'm going to have to find a way to teleport myself over to Jamie's house and sabotage her computer tongue.gif She's certainly a 'chatty cathy' isn't she? original.gif Mind you,there's nothing wrong with that, but I can't get my head to stop spinning. The last thing I remember is her posting something about Art Bell riding the LOCH NESS MONSTER over to THE MOTHMAN'S hangout for a spot of tea. ohmy.gif

The increase in postings is great. I was just telling Homer last week that I hoped things would pickup on the Forum and boom, its turned into Grand Central Station. You could make it really interesting. Now that we know you live close to Loch Ness, maybe you could ship a free, inflatable Nessie to the first member to reach 200 postings! ;D

Magikman

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#6    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 09 May 2001 - 09:36 AM

If you make that an autographed free inflatable nessie, then you've got some real competition.

Thats Nessie's autograph Im talking about ;D

Homer

#7    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,190 posts

Posted 09 May 2001 - 02:16 PM

Inflatable unexplained merchandise - whoever heard of such a thing ?  ;D

In regard to the increased number of postings - I come in here every day and find 20+ new posts almost every time. The number of visitors and forum members has increased dramatically. Thank you to everyone who has joined, visited, posted or contributed  ;D

#8    Jamie

Jamie

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 09 May 2001 - 04:15 PM

Hi Guys!

I like the new Member Rankings/Titles.  

Magikman you are right.  Im a blabbermouth.  ;D  Its one of my best characteristics.  :)  I do all this on my computer at work.  Just wait till I get one at home. original.gif(Should be in about a month)  There will be no stopping me then.  

Jamie

#9    Magikman

Magikman

• 6,280 posts

Posted 09 May 2001 - 05:16 PM

Jamie,

No, not a blabbermouth, just very inquisitive. It was a rather feable attempt at humor on my part, I must admit. Actually I'm not that far from you, as I live outside Milwaukee(that's right, a dreaded CHEESEHEAD)!  ;D

Magikman original.gif

#10    Jamie

Jamie

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 09 May 2001 - 05:36 PM

Magikman,

Dont worry.  I thought it was a cute comment you made.  It made me laugh hysterically. ;D
So your a Cheesehead huh.  I love Wisconsin.  I am up in Racine a lot and Lake Geneva.  I havent been up to Milwaukee in a couple years.

Jamie

#11    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 10 May 2001 - 03:34 PM

Magikman, Jamie

I guess that makes the three of us Midwesterners.
I reside in Michigan. Small world.

Homer

#12    Jamie

Jamie

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 10 May 2001 - 05:12 PM

Homer,
Where in Michigan?  I love Michigan too.  Im going to Milwaukee for the music festival over memorial weekend.  That should be fun.  My family spends a lot of time over the summer in Paw Paw and Kalamazoo.  It is a small world.  :)
Jamie

#13    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 10 May 2001 - 05:50 PM

Jamie

Hey this world just keeps getting smaller ;D

Although Im not originally from Michigan--Im originally from the Pacific Northwest--I've spent the last 4 years in Kalamazoo, Mi.

Unbelievable, isnt it? original.gif

Homer

#14    Jamie

Jamie

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 10 May 2001 - 07:56 PM

Homer,

That is so cool!!!!!  It's a small world after all..... ;D  

Jamie

#15    Magikman

Magikman

• 6,280 posts

Posted 17 May 2001 - 05:36 AM

Homer & Jamie,

Business takes me to Chicago(played at a golf outing in DuPage last week) and several cities in Michigan occasionally. Every couple of years I take a weeks vacation up in Gaylord, MI. I'm a golf fanatic and Gaylord is a golfers dream. They have around 50 different courses in the area. I go around Labor Day, the Fall colors are absolutely stunning outside the city. The only problem is Gaylord is similar to our 'Wisconsin Dells' and the crush of visitors is somewhat overwhelming. I even took a drive across the "Mackahakanac"  wink2.gif bridge. Even better than some carnival rides. The reason I go every couple years is because I take the car ferry over to Ludington. I get sea sick pretty easily, so you can imagine what an adventure that is. tongue.gif

Magikman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users