Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Member Ranks / Titles

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#16    Jamie

Jamie

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 19 May 2001 - 12:16 AM

Magikman,
I live in Du Page.  You were probably right by me.  :)  I have only been golfing one time and I was terrible.  I had a blast though so I guess thats all that matters.

Jamie

#17    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 19 May 2001 - 07:38 AM

Magikman
I've never been to Gaylord, Mi. As I stated before, I've been in Michigan for four years, but there is so much I have yet to see. Plus I dont golf, though I know a lot of people who do.

I have seen a lot of places here that are stunning in the fall, with the change of seasons, so I know what you mean.

Homer

אַ֭תָּה אֱלֹהֵ֣י יִשְׁעִ֑י

#18    Lori Cordini

Lori Cordini

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 27 May 2001 - 09:47 PM

A very human showing indeed!  This is a little depressing for me...it just goes to show how important trivia is to humans.  Does posting nonsense and one liners really give people a buzz!
I thought these discussions were discussions not ego-mania...

sorry, it just hit me that way!!!

#19    dalia

dalia

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 365 posts

• Purrrrr-fect Mystery

Posted 27 May 2001 - 11:29 PM

So...what about human nature?   ;D

Dalia

Purrr-fectly happy

#20    Magikman

Magikman

Most Exalted member of the first 15

• 6,280 posts

• "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

Posted 28 May 2001 - 05:06 AM

Lori,
  Then why don't you just concentrate on posting to other threads instead of criticizing others for having a little harmless fun? What has this thread have to do with you, anyway? Just because you live a joyless, lonely, self-delusional life doesn't mean anyone else can enjoy a little gossip and companionship. A good discussion forum allows people to get to know each other, it gives us humans a sense of community. It may seem trivial to you, but then again we have yet to be imbued with 'intergalactic awareness', so only have each other to communicate with. If this forum is too depressing to you, why don't you click on the iwasabducted.com link listed in one of the other threads. I'm sure you'll find yourself more comfortable with that group of people. You can share information about what planet is the best to visit at this time of year, which spacecraft is the roomiest and most comfortable, and compare notes about which alien race is the nicest. Otherwise, just pretend that you don't see our 'nonsensical' posts, kind of like how we don't see yours.

MAGIKMAN

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#21    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 28 May 2001 - 08:04 AM

Magikman

Lori might be right after all. If we all just got a little more depressed about being human, we might become cosmic citizens too ;D

However, if Lori just found out that she was chatting with someone else who comes from the planet Dagobah, she just might get a little "ego-mania" herself ;D

Homer

#22    Magikman

Magikman

• 6,280 posts

Posted 28 May 2001 - 07:48 PM

Homer,
   Cut it out, really? I'm originally from Ork, that's like one planet over from you. Small cosmos, hey? Nano, Nano, buddy. ;D

Seriously though, I hope she takes the hint and 'beams' herself over to the other web site. You could forgive the atrocious spelling and fractured sentences, but her incoherent ramblings are really becoming a bit tiresome. I'm sure she would find a much more sympathetic audience at the other site. No doubt they would be greatly receptive to the ludicrous stories of 'intergalactic contact' and the process of becoming 'one' with the universe.

Whatever happens, I'll lay you 10 to 1 odds that in a months time the webmaster at that site changes his domain name to "WehavebeenassimilatedbytheAnnunaki.com". Can you feel the 'buzz' yet, I know that you can.  wink2.gif

Magikman

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#23    Jamie

Jamie

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 29 May 2001 - 06:25 PM

Lori,

Are you a little bit jealous that no one is asking you questions?  

Jamie

#24    dalia

dalia

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 365 posts

• Purrrrr-fect Mystery

Posted 31 May 2001 - 01:52 AM

Ok, Mr. Omnipotent Sir, where is my promotion?  :'(

Oh well, I really enjoy this forum. Very intersting stuff posted here. Thank you for creating it.

Dalia grin2.gif

P.S. Thanks  ;D

Purrr-fectly happy

#25    Magikman

Magikman

• 6,280 posts

Posted 31 May 2001 - 03:33 AM

YIIIPPPPPEEEE!!!

I made100posts. Of course I cheated a little, tongue.gif but what an ego booster. grin2.gif

MAGIKMAN

#26    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 31 May 2001 - 08:50 AM

Magikman

CONGRADULATIONS!! grin2.gif   You da man! ;D

I'll be there shortly, and what do you mean cheating wink2.gif

Homer

#27    Jamie

Jamie

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 31 May 2001 - 04:35 PM

Magikman,

Congrats!!!!!  Im not too far behind.  Ill be there soon!!!

Jamie

#28    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,838 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 31 May 2001 - 08:27 PM

Magikman,

Congratulations on reaching 100 posts  :)

You are still the highest posting forum member ever.

;D

#29    SpaceyKC

SpaceyKC

Government Agent

• 3,349 posts

• Thank you TO

Posted 31 May 2001 - 10:50 PM

Way to go, Magikman, that is AWESOME dude!
(Love the fireworks!)
        ~Nora~

"Science may have found a cure for most evils;  but it has
         found no remedy for the worst of them all --- the apathy of human beings."
                                                     Helen Keller

#30    dalia

dalia

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 365 posts

• Purrrrr-fect Mystery

Posted 05 June 2001 - 03:15 AM

We're all proud of you Magikman... grin2.gif

Wish I knew how to do the fireworks too...and btw...I really like mozerella cheese with my whine.  ;)

Dalia

Purrr-fectly happy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users