Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

"Enough is enough"

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#16    Incorrigible1

Incorrigible1

Government Agent

• 3,393 posts

• Champanya?

Posted 11 September 2008 - 05:39 PM

Neognosis on Sep 11 2008, 12:17 PM, said:

Being a community organizer is something that is to be laughed at and ridiculed?

When it's a presidential nominee's major claim to fame? Along with having not yet served a complete term in the Senate.

If a nation values anything more than freedom, it will lose its freedom; and the irony of it is that if it is comfort or money that it values more, it will lose that too. -- W. Somerset Maugham
Posted Image

#17    KingTomis

KingTomis

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts

• i like ice cream with rainbow sprinkles

Posted 11 September 2008 - 05:56 PM

The context in which the comment was made makes it seem less than innocuous. Earlier that day, Biden said “There’s no way you can dress up that record, even with a lot of lipstick." Biden's comment was clearly a reference back to Palin's bulldog-with-lipstick comment on herself. It's not a stretch to think Obama's was a thinly-veiled comment also.

#18    Whangarei

Whangarei

Astral Projection

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

• "Don't be sorry, just improve."

Posted 11 September 2008 - 05:57 PM

Gustavo on Sep 11 2008, 05:38 PM, said:

In a word: YES, when her opposition uses it with the word pig it certainly will be considered an insult. Lipstick is fine but there is only one candidate in this race who wears lipstick. Sensitivities are rasied due to a woman being in the race just as sensitivities are raised due to an African American being in the race.

As I recall, the community organizer spin came out in response to the dems calling Palin a "small town mayor" instead of Governor. They were disrespectful to her from the instant she came on the scene and there was a backlash. Seems like Obama has been experiencing quite a lot of backlash lately due to his tonedeaf responses to Palin.

good point.   thumbsup.gif

Seek peace, and pursue it.
http://nl.youtube.co...feature=related

#19    rideron

rideron

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 05:59 PM

Pointing out he wqas a community organizer, then a state senator , then a first term senator is all fair because its all fact.

Obama, however, when he was giving his take on Palin's experience 'running things' spoke about her being a 'small town mayor' with few employees; while HE runs a Presidential campain with 2500 employess and an budget of millions.

He ignored her experience running a STATE with 25,000 employees and a budget in the Billions!

#20    HKCavalier

HKCavalier

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 06:04 PM

KingTomis on Sep 11 2008, 10:56 AM, said:

The context in which the comment was made makes it seem less than innocuous. Earlier that day, Biden said “There’s no way you can dress up that record, even with a lot of lipstick." Biden's comment was clearly a reference back to Palin's bulldog-with-lipstick comment on herself. It's not a stretch to think Obama's was a thinly-veiled comment also.

Even if that were true, Palin would still NOT BE THE PIG!  And in that case, the comment would indeed be dismissive, but the GOP has been dismissing Obama 24/7 since he showed up on their radar--he's just an airhead celeb, he's just a community organizer, he's uppity, etc.  Being dismissive of a brand new unknown quantity with a slim resume is to be expected, no?

But tell me, KingTomis, why do you think Palin is a pig?  whistling2.gif

#21    Incorrigible1

Incorrigible1

Government Agent

• 3,393 posts

• Champanya?

Posted 11 September 2008 - 06:08 PM

rideron on Sep 11 2008, 12:59 PM, said:

Pointing out he wqas a community organizer, then a state senator , then a first term senator is all fair because its all fact.

Obama, however, when he was giving his take on Palin's experience 'running things' spoke about her being a 'small town mayor' with few employees; while HE runs a Presidential campain with 2500 employess and an budget of millions.

He ignored her experience running a STATE with 25,000 employees and a budget in the Billions!

Nor is Obama his own campaign manager. That would be David Plouffe.

If a nation values anything more than freedom, it will lose its freedom; and the irony of it is that if it is comfort or money that it values more, it will lose that too. -- W. Somerset Maugham
Posted Image

#22    HKCavalier

HKCavalier

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 06:12 PM

Whangarei on Sep 11 2008, 08:55 AM, said:

...especially if it was a prepared speech.

But there's no evidence that it was a prepared speech.  The joke he used leading up to the "it's still a pig" line was used in at least 4 speeches in the past few days, but the "it's still a pig" line was used only at the informal townhall-style meeting in Lebanon, VA.  If you watch the video, it sure looks like Obama is searching for a metaphor (you know, all his "um, er, uh-ing" that the Right usually point to, saying "he can't talk unless he's reading a script!").  Now watch someone say that the "um, er, uh" was scripted to make it LOOK like it wasn't scripted!   w00t.gif

#23    gonzogirl

gonzogirl

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 06:13 PM

In my many years paying attention to politics....I cant tell you all how many times I have heard the "pig-lipstick" phrase.
I have heard it as many times as the "sows ear into a purse" phrase. I will say that I am so dissappointed that America has gone nuts with the name calling and the mocking.
If politicians just stuck to talking about their specific plans, we would be much better off. But in this America we like the schoolyard bully tactics..sad.
This is why I am an independent.

Edited by gonzogirl, 11 September 2008 - 06:14 PM.

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.

#24    Whangarei

Whangarei

Astral Projection

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

• "Don't be sorry, just improve."

Posted 11 September 2008 - 06:14 PM

HKCavalier on Sep 11 2008, 06:12 PM, said:

But there's no evidence that it was a prepared speech.  The joke he used leading up to the "it's still a pig" line was used in at least 4 speeches in the past few days, but the "it's still a pig" line was used only at the informal townhall-style meeting in Lebanon, VA.  If you watch the video, it sure looks like Obama is searching for a metaphor (you know, all his "um, er, uh-ing" that the Right usually point to, saying "he can't talk unless he's reading a script!").  Now watch someone say that the "um, er, uh" was scripted to make it LOOK like it wasn't scripted!   w00t.gif

Oh I see.  That's what I originally thought but someone said it was prepared.  My mistake then.  If it was an off the cuff comment then he probably was just not thinking straight,  much like Michelle Obama's comments about being proud of America for the first time.

However if he prepared for it and said it then its hard to dismiss as an accident.

Seek peace, and pursue it.
http://nl.youtube.co...feature=related

#25    HKCavalier

HKCavalier

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 06:15 PM

Whangarei on Sep 11 2008, 11:14 AM, said:

However if he prepared for it and said it then its hard to dismiss as an accident.

Agreed.

#26    Clocker

Clocker

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

• 'Fight fire with water' is how I was brought up.

Posted 11 September 2008 - 06:16 PM

I can't believe something like this is worthy of all this attention.

Posted Image
Sig by Stardrive

#27    HKCavalier

HKCavalier

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 06:18 PM

Clocker on Sep 11 2008, 11:16 AM, said:

Welcome to the Internet!   thumbup.gif

#28    Incorrigible1

Incorrigible1

Government Agent

• 3,393 posts

• Champanya?

Posted 11 September 2008 - 06:20 PM

It's an indication just how far burrowed into BHO's brain is Sarah (lipstick) Palin! Heh!

Posted Image

#29    Plainbob13

Plainbob13

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,700 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 06:21 PM

Clocker on Sep 11 2008, 01:16 PM, said:

You think this is sad go read the mothership of good thread.

#30    Clocker

Clocker

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

• 'Fight fire with water' is how I was brought up.

Posted 11 September 2008 - 06:27 PM

Plainbob13 on Sep 11 2008, 09:21 PM, said:

You think this is sad go read the mothership of good thread.

The WHAT?  laugh.gif

Posted Image
Sig by Stardrive

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users