Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Do the Republicans think McCain / Palin

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#16    Stardrive

Stardrive

Resident Bass Guitarist

• 3,193 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 10:42 PM

gonzogirl on Sep 11 2008, 02:38 PM, said:

Don't get me wrong, I am an Independent.  I distrust the Dems And the GOP equally!

I was beginning to think I was the lone ranger  laugh.gif

Sho_Sho on Sep 11 2008, 03:20 PM, said:

I hate to burst yo bubble but just because Obama gets elected doesn’t mean anything is going to change all that much!

You got it. Obama could promise if elected every child in america will recieve a free 10 count bag of lollipops. But if the house shoots it down, then thats the end of that.

Pinky Floyd on Sep 11 2008, 04:38 PM, said:

On the lipstick issue: I really don't think it was the actual words that were so offensive; it is a phrase used many times in politics.

It was Obama's timing on it..Using it so soon after Palin used it to differentiate between a hockey mom and a pit-bull just a few scant days before was foolish.  If he were to have waited for a couple of weeks (at least), it would be a non-issue..

/The polls for the Republicans look better now than probably anytime in the race so far..If they are 'on the ropes', someone needs to inform the people responding the the pollsters..

Well I saw the whole thing go down live on tv. When I got up the next day I saw the article about the McCain camp crying for an appology to Gov. Palin. I thought, good grief you gotta be kidding me. Same ole hyperbole. And THAT is what gives them the appearance of desperation.

Timing? You mean like when is a good time to get pregnant?  laugh.gif  Things happen. If anything, he baited the McCain camp and they bit.

Posted Image

#17    Gustavo

Gustavo

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 10:52 PM

Stardrive on Sep 11 2008, 03:42 PM, said:

I was beginning to think I was the lone ranger  laugh.gif

You got it. Obama could promise if elected every child in america will recieve a free 10 count bag of lollipops. But if the house shoots it down, then thats the end of that.

Well I saw the whole thing go down live on tv. When I got up the next day I saw the article about the McCain camp crying for an appology to Gov. Palin. I thought, good grief you gotta be kidding me. Same ole hyperbole. And THAT is what gives them the appearance of desperation.
Timing? You mean like when is a good time to get pregnant?  laugh.gif  Things happen. If anything, he baited the McCain camp and they bit.

I dont see the McCain desperation, if thats what you meant, more like seizing an opportunity. more analogy: I see it as the McCain camp taking advantage of the gaffe, using the appology demand as the bait, casting to the press and Obama and getting hooked up big time, still playing that fish. original.gif

#18    Caesar

Caesar

Alien Abducter

• 4,623 posts

• Semper Fidelis

Posted 12 September 2008 - 06:42 AM

I think the whole lipstick thing was stupid. people want to listen on what they plan to do with the economy jobs and when we are going to start drilling.

#19    IrishAidan07

IrishAidan07

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts

• If you can't describe what you are doing as a process, you don't know what you're doing.

Posted 12 September 2008 - 07:29 AM

Republican's are bad stupid and the devil, Obama is the saving grace of the world!

My sentiments exactly.

wink2.gif

"There is not a Liberal America, a Conservative America, a Red America or Blue America, there is the United States of America." ~ Barack Obama

Posted Image

~~Irish~~

#20    Pinky Floyd

Pinky Floyd

Waxing Poetic

• 1,828 posts

• 1000% Libertarian...

Posted 12 September 2008 - 07:31 AM

Stardrive on Sep 11 2008, 05:42 PM, said:

Insinuating that a successful woman who is running for VPOTUS is a pig in front of women (some of those women are still fuming from the dissing that he gave to another successful woman that had 18 million votes) will not go well with a good amount of them.  Baiting?  Very well could be, but if he planned on baiting, it backfired amongst the undecided, independent women voters. Some Dem chicks too-I know that 'cause I'm dating one that he P.O.'ed with his very statement.

Like I said..Bad timing on his part. My girlfriend-a tried and true Democrat (she made me highlight that BTW) agrees..

/whether he planned it or not..the perception that he did is undeniably there.
//many women-Democrat or Republican, ARE proud of what Palin has done-they may not vote for her but they are still proud of her (mom of 5, mayor, Governor, VP candidate..)

Edited by Pinky Floyd, 12 September 2008 - 07:37 AM.

Total American Isolationism Now
Complete and across the board. Over the next fifty years, America needs to develop energy independence
and terminate any and all relations with most all countries not on the North American Continent.
Forever...

#21    IrishAidan07

IrishAidan07

Psychic Spy

• 1,681 posts

• If you can't describe what you are doing as a process, you don't know what you're doing.

Posted 12 September 2008 - 07:34 AM

You'd have to be a complete idiot to believe Obama was talking about Palin.

It's a COMMON STATEMENT! I've heard the analogy long before I cared about politics - long before most people had ever heard of Palin or Obama.

Good God. Obama has more intelligence in his left (radio edit) than most politicians have in their entire body. No way he did it on purpose - for this exact reason. People would be all over him. I'm certain Obama forgot about Palin's little stray from the teleprompter. I'm certain he didn't do it on purpose, and I'm relatively sure he wouldn't have said it if he had remembered her comment.

Can we move on to how he is a Muslim terrorist now? Please.

Edited by IrishAidan, 12 September 2008 - 07:39 AM.

"There is not a Liberal America, a Conservative America, a Red America or Blue America, there is the United States of America." ~ Barack Obama

Posted Image

~~Irish~~

#22    Pinky Floyd

Pinky Floyd

Waxing Poetic

• 1,828 posts

• 1000% Libertarian...

Posted 12 September 2008 - 07:48 AM

IrishAidan on Sep 12 2008, 02:34 AM, said:

You'd have to be a complete idiot to believe Obama was talking about Palin.

It's a COMMON STATEMENT! I've heard the analogy long before I cared about politics - long before most people had ever heard of Palin or Obama.

Good God. Obama has more intelligence in his left (radio edit) than most politicians have in their entire body. No way he did it on purpose - for this exact reason. People would be all over him. I'm certain Obama forgot about Palin's little stray from the teleprompter. I'm certain he didn't do it on purpose, and I'm relatively sure he wouldn't have said it if he had remembered her comment.

No-one should be debating the actual saying.  It IS said all the time in speech. And he probably wasn't referring to Palin-but then again, if he's as brilliant as you say he is, surely he should have known (before the words flew out of his mouth) that it would be at least a controversy over him saying this.  But it's the fact that is that he said it only a couple of days after Palin referred to lipstick is what has kicked him in the (radio edits).  And perception is everything...Like I posted before: "whether he planned it or not..the perception that he did (knowingly sling that barb towards Palin) is undeniably there."

I'm sticking to my guns: Bad timing on Obama's part.

Edited by Pinky Floyd, 12 September 2008 - 08:04 AM.

Total American Isolationism Now
Complete and across the board. Over the next fifty years, America needs to develop energy independence
and terminate any and all relations with most all countries not on the North American Continent.
Forever...

#23    IrishAidan07

IrishAidan07

Psychic Spy

• 1,681 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 07:59 AM

Pinky Floyd on Sep 12 2008, 03:48 AM, said:

No-one should be debating the actual saying.  It IS said all the time in speech. And he probably wasn't referring to Palin.  But it's the fact that is that he said it only a couple of days after Palin referred to lipstick is what has kicked him in the (radio edits).  And perception is everything...Like I posted before: "whether he planned it or not..the perception that he did is undeniably there."

I'm sticking to my guns: Bad timing on Obama's part.

I'll agree that it was bad timing. But I refuse to believe he did it on purpose, like many on the Right are saying.

Posted Image

~~Irish~~

#24    bathory

bathory

Alien Abducter

• 5,302 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 08:02 AM

Pinky Floyd on Sep 11 2008, 08:38 PM, said:

On the lipstick issue: I really don't think it was the actual words that were so offensive; it is a phrase used many times in politics.

It was Obama's timing on it..Using it so soon after Palin used it to differentiate between a hockey mom and a pit-bull just a few scant days before was foolish.  If he were to have waited for a couple of weeks (at least), it would be a non-issue..

/The polls for the Republicans look better now than probably anytime in the race so far..If they are 'on the ropes', someone needs to inform the people responding the the pollsters..

^^^^ This is it

I mean really, even Obama's audience thought it was a dig at Palin, as evidenced by their "OH YOU GOT EM GOOD" Cheers...

#25    HKCavalier

HKCavalier

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 08:07 AM

bathory on Sep 12 2008, 01:02 AM, said:

^^^^ This is it

I mean really, even Obama's audience thought it was a dig at Palin, as evidenced by their "OH YOU GOT EM GOOD" Cheers...

The "it's still a pig" quip has gotten laughter EVERY TIME it has ever been used!  That's why politicians use it!  Just listen to the "oh you got em good" laugh when McCain used it about Hillary:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR8IhMMhe8w

#26    Nxt2Hvn

Nxt2Hvn

Alien Abducter

• 5,082 posts

• 'For we walk by faith, not by sight.' II Corinthians 5:7

Posted 12 September 2008 - 01:56 PM

IrishAidan on Sep 12 2008, 08:29 AM, said:

Republican's are bad stupid and the devil, Obama is the saving grace of the world!

My sentiments exactly.

wink2.gif

I am Republican and I am not bad, stupid or the devil.  (Good thing I don't take things personally!  tongue.gif)

If you got to know me ... you would probably like me a lot actually!   yes.gif

Oh... and I don't see anything Obama can do for me or the world... but good luck with that.

I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin. ~anonymous~

#27    Aztec Warrior

Aztec Warrior

Ancient Order of Hibernians Grand Master

• 3,339 posts

• A neoconservative is a "liberal mugged by reality," one who became more conservative after seeing the results of liberal policies.Iriving Kristol

Posted 12 September 2008 - 02:35 PM

Your thread is pointless and a waste of time. What EVIDENCE is there that the Republicans are "on the ropes", because you surely didn't offer any. Simple citing the current estimate of EC votes has nothing to do with your thread.

Posted ImageBlurring and Stirring the truth and the lies

So I don't know what's real and what's not
Always confusing the thoughts in my head
So I can't trust myself anymore
I'm dying again

#28    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,518 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 03:26 PM

On the ropes? Not in the slightest.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#29    sear

sear

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

• "A prudent question is one half of wisdom." William James

Posted 12 September 2008 - 03:35 PM

"It's a COMMON STATEMENT!" IA

Not only that, it was a common linguistic feature of Obama's stump, before the Republican convention.

So if the charge is personal disparagement, the Dems. might plausibly counter-charge that the choice of words Palin used were patterned on Obama's stump, deliberately to provoke this Republican contrived (non)controversy.

#30    IrishAidan07

IrishAidan07

Psychic Spy

• 1,681 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 03:38 PM

I am Republican

Nobody is perfect.

If you got to know me ... you would probably like me a lot actually!   yes.gif

That would depend on whether or not you are married.  grin2.gif

Oh... and I don't see anything Obama can do for me or the world... but good luck with that.

Well, surely even a 'publican girl would agree that no matter who is elected, things will improve.

Edited by IrishAidan, 12 September 2008 - 03:39 PM.

Posted Image

~~Irish~~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users