Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Sarah Palin smear-fest

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#31    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

Telekinetic

• 7,066 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 09:14 PM

*SNIP*
Reported.

#32    Whangarei

Whangarei

Astral Projection

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

• "Don't be sorry, just improve."

Posted 12 September 2008 - 09:19 PM

Tangerine Sheri on Sep 12 2008, 05:17 PM, said:

her daughters pregnancy   ( as a parent myself ) Pallin either  wasn't paying attention or she just  wasn't there,IMO  she missed something  very  important  some where along the way and I dont think she knows what it was and we dont either.....and events of ones  life define you and say something of you they create a tone a feel for you.....   ... I would  want a leader to be paying attention, of course they make errors in judgment but its how they  self correct that interests me.and probably what  the  errors are some should not  be made IMO for myself included.....
........I do not think pallin has the maturity  needed to be a VP at this point.......   .

I also have asked several of my christian freinds as it had me questioning the family values dictum.....does the religous right support and encourage teen mothers????? the christians that I know said they do not and are not voting for her as it sends the wrong message......

I very much agree with this.  As much as I'm not judging the daughter,  I've heard quite a few things like that her son was involved with drugs and that's why they ushered him into the army.  If she can't keep her house in order that says a great deal about her character. And yes I would say the same thing about her husband if he was running for office.  Additionally it seems to me that she is not quite connecting with her children if she is using them as a platform for her "look I'm sending my son into the war...vote for me" and "I believe in the right to life....look how I'm encouraging my 17 year old daughter to get married..........." "Look my son has downs syndrome.......all you parents of special needs kids will have a friend in the white house............vote for me"   That line especially bugged me.   Its almost as if she's pimping her kids.   Doesn't bode well as a reflection of her character.

Seek peace, and pursue it.
http://nl.youtube.co...feature=related

#33    IamsSon

IamsSon

Unobservable Matter

• 11,873 posts

• ďIf you canít explain it simply, you donít understand it well enough.Ē ~ Albert Einstein

Posted 12 September 2008 - 09:27 PM

BlindMessiah on Sep 12 2008, 03:51 PM, said:

Have the child and then stone the mother.  tongue.gif

What would you base this expectation on?  Jesus, who is our Saviour and leader once stopped a crowd who was about to stone an adulterous woman, something which was within "the law" by challenging the crowd to have the one without sin cast the first stone.  So why would Christians stone their pregnant teen daughter?

"But then with me that horrid doubt always arises whether the convictions of man's mind which has been developed from the mind of the lower animals, are of any value or at all trustworthy. Would any one trust in the convictions of a monkey's mind, if there are any convictions in such a mind?" - Charles Darwin, in a letter to William Graham on July 3, 1881

#34    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

Telekinetic

• 7,066 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 09:32 PM

IamsSon on Sep 12 2008, 10:27 PM, said:

What would you base this expectation on?  Jesus, who is our Saviour and leader once stopped a crowd who was about to stone an adulterous woman, something which was within "the law" by challenging the crowd to have the one without sin cast the first stone.  So why would Christians stone their pregnant teen daughter?

I was kidding, but if you'd like I could point out some OT laws concerning stoning your children.

#35    IamsSon

IamsSon

Unobservable Matter

• 11,873 posts

• ďIf you canít explain it simply, you donít understand it well enough.Ē ~ Albert Einstein

Posted 12 September 2008 - 09:39 PM

BlindMessiah on Sep 12 2008, 04:32 PM, said:

I was kidding, but if you'd like I could point out some OT laws concerning stoning your children.

The Law was intended to highlight how impossible it is to be "good enough" to reach God on our own.  

36"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" 37Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' 38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' 40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.

If you love ANYONE as you love yourself the last thing you would consider doing (unless you happen to be unbalanced (this is a generic "you" not you specifically BM))is killing them.  Nice try.

"But then with me that horrid doubt always arises whether the convictions of man's mind which has been developed from the mind of the lower animals, are of any value or at all trustworthy. Would any one trust in the convictions of a monkey's mind, if there are any convictions in such a mind?" - Charles Darwin, in a letter to William Graham on July 3, 1881

#36    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 17,342 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 12 September 2008 - 09:40 PM

Let's all please remember to keep the discussion from becoming personally insulting.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#37    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

Telekinetic

• 7,066 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 09:47 PM

IamsSon on Sep 12 2008, 10:39 PM, said:

The Law was intended to highlight how impossible it is to be "good enough" to reach God on our own.    

If you love ANYONE as you love yourself the last thing you would consider doing (unless you happen to be unbalanced (this is a generic "you" not you specifically BM))is killing them.  Nice try.

The law was intended to be followed by the nation of Israel. Just because some man named Paul, says thousands of years later that isn't the case, doesn't mean anything.

I can quote verses too.

------ ------ ------

If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who does not obey his father and mother and will not listen to them when they discipline him, his father and mother shall take hold of him and bring him to the elders at the gate of his town. They shall say to the elders, "This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a profligate and a drunkard." Then all the men of his town shall stone him to death. You must purge the evil from among you. All Israel will hear of it and be afraid.

Deuteronomy 21:18-21

#38    ravergirl

ravergirl

Government Agent

• 3,850 posts

• OPEN your EYES

Posted 12 September 2008 - 09:50 PM

BlindMessiah on Sep 12 2008, 07:02 PM, said:

This is very similar to what McCain did in his ad about the pig comment. Her and his words were taken out of their context to say something else.

However, I do have a problem with her faith being an integral part of her life and as a US citizen I have a right to use my own world view to factor into my decision. She is entitled to put her faith on the line for everyone, but she can't expect people to not oppose her for that.

She has a right for her faith to be an intregal part of her life and her views, but not to force you to believe the same. Discriminating against her for her faith is the opposite of what the constitution is for.

I am theNON-SEQUITUR-ER

#39    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

Telekinetic

• 7,066 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 09:51 PM

ravergirl on Sep 12 2008, 10:50 PM, said:

She has a right for her faith to be an intregal part of her life and her views, but not to force you to believe the same. Discriminating against her for her faith is the opposite of what the constitution is for.

She has a right for her faith to be an integral part of her life and her views, and I have a right for my faith and my views to be an integral part of who I support as my representative. That is exactly what the constitution stand for.

I don't like her faith, and I don't support her because of it. Get a clue.

Edited by BlindMessiah, 12 September 2008 - 09:52 PM.

#40    IamsSon

IamsSon

Unobservable Matter

• 11,873 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 10:13 PM

BlindMessiah on Sep 12 2008, 04:47 PM, said:

The law was intended to be followed by the nation of Israel. Just because some man named Paul, says thousands of years later that isn't the case, doesn't mean anything.

I can quote verses too.

------ ------ ------

If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who does not obey his father and mother and will not listen to them when they discipline him, his father and mother shall take hold of him and bring him to the elders at the gate of his town. They shall say to the elders, "This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a profligate and a drunkard." Then all the men of his town shall stone him to death. You must purge the evil from among you. All Israel will hear of it and be afraid.

Deuteronomy 21:18-21

Since not all Christians are members of the nation of Israel, or more correctly the Jewish religion, the Laws do not apply to us.  If a Christian wants to remain a Jew, then he or she would have to remain bound to these laws.

#41    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

Telekinetic

• 7,066 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 10:28 PM

IamsSon on Sep 12 2008, 10:13 PM, said:

Since not all Christians are members of the nation of Israel, or more correctly the Jewish religion, the Laws do not apply to us.  If a Christian wants to remain a Jew, then he or she would have to remain bound to these laws.

The words of Jesus. *ahem*

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them."
Matthew 5:17

#42    Grand Inquisitor

Grand Inquisitor

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 366 posts

• "its always funny till someone gets hurt, then its just hilarious."

bill hicks

Posted 12 September 2008 - 10:37 PM

she won't be vice president anyway.  yay!!  but then there is obama and biden. boo!!  it's ALL bad.   angry.gif

edited to say glenn beck is a fascist propagandist.

Edited by Grand Inquisitor, 12 September 2008 - 10:39 PM.

#43    284dan

284dan

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 221 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 11:51 PM

Glenn Beck, like Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity, is a moron hell bent on keeping this country and it's citizens beaten down. He is involved and financially supported by the Bush family.

Please ask Mr Beck to explain these images of a 16 year old Bristol Palin boozing it up with other underage kids. I wont even bother asking who's parent supplied the liquor:

http://billpressshow.com/filestore/palindaughter-drink1.jpg
http://billpressshow.com/filestore/palindaughter-drink2.jpg
http://billpressshow.com/filestore/palindaughter-drink3.jpg

Edited by 284dan, 12 September 2008 - 11:52 PM.

#44    Whangarei

Whangarei

Astral Projection

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

• "Don't be sorry, just improve."

Posted 13 September 2008 - 12:05 AM

She's not actually drinking any of it in the pictures so it must be photoshopped.  Those were probably bottles of snapple in real life.

Seek peace, and pursue it.
http://nl.youtube.co...feature=related

#45    IamsSon

IamsSon

Unobservable Matter

• 11,873 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 12:17 AM

BlindMessiah on Sep 12 2008, 05:28 PM, said:

The words of Jesus. *ahem*

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them."
Matthew 5:17

And He did not, which is why if one chooses to be Jewish, one MUST still follow "the Law"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users