Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Sarah Palin smear-fest

Nxt2Hvn

"Sarah Palin believes God told her to go to war with Iraq!"

There has been some hard-core journalistic malpractice on this one. The Associated Press ran this headline about a speech she gave at her church: "Palin: Iraq war 'a task that is from God'"

In the story, they omit the first part of the sentence they're quoting along with the entire previous sentence for good measure.

Here are her actual words: "Pray for our military men and women who are striving to do what is right. Also, for this country, that our leaders, our national leaders, are sending them out on a task that is from God. That's what we have to make sure that we're praying for, that there is a plan and that that plan is God's plan."

Palin is clearly praying that we're doing the right thing in Iraq, something sensible for an introspective woman of faith concerned about the lives of our troops to do. She's not saying that she just received a text message from heaven's BlackBerry ordering her to launch missiles. Sorry to disappoint you.

And for those of you who think politicians asking God for guidance is offensive, might I remind you of this famous politician's prayer:

"Give me the wisdom to do what is right and just. And make me an instrument of your will." --Barack Obama

"She has no experience!"

It's fair to assume that Barack Obama believed he was qualified to be in the White House when he announced he was running for president. At that point, he had been a U.S. Senator for 767 days. When Sarah Palin was announced as a vice presidential candidate, she had been the governor of Alaska for 634 days.

While I'm sure those extra 133 days were filled with personal discovery, I can't imagine anyone seriously trying to make the case that Obama is experienced and Palin isn't.

Unless, of course, you're Matt Damon, who said a Palin presidency would be a really "scary thing" because she has been "governor of Alaska for...for less than two years!" (Damon originally expressed his presidential preference for Obama in December 2006, when he had been a senator for less than two years.)

More importantly, Palin's career has been filled with executive experience. She's the only one of the four in this race who has run a business, town, and/or state (a state that gives her crucial energy experience in the middle of an energy crisis).

When Obama's campaign complains that Palin would be one heartbeat away from the presidency, they should consider that their candidate would be zero heartbeats away.

"But Obama is running a huge campaign -- Palin was just a small town mayor!"

Believe it or not, this one was actually trotted out by Obama himself.

"My understanding is, is that Gov. Palin's town of Wasilla has, I think, 50 employees. We've got 2,500 in this campaign. I think the budget is maybe $12 million a year. We have a budget of about three times that just for the month."

Apparently, Barack missed that she's become the governor of Alaska in the interim. Why would he compare his current duties with her former duties?

Well, since he announced his candidacy, Barack Obama has raised about $22 million a month. That's a large organization for sure, unless you are directly comparing it to Sarah Palin, who is handling state revenues that are about 61 times as large, or more than $1.3 billion per month.

"Palin only supports abstinence to be taught in sex-ed!"

This claim is usually followed by a super classy comment about her daughter and the use of contraception, but the premise is false. Palin hasn't said she doesn't want condoms discussed in sex-ed, calling their discussion "relatively benign."

"I'm pro-contraception, and I think kids who may not hear about it at home should hear about it in other avenues. So I am not anti-contraception. But, yeah, abstinence is another alternative that should be discussed with kids. I don't have a problem with that," Palin said. Hers is hardly an extreme point of view in America today.

"If she cares about children with special needs, then why did she cut spending on them by 62 percent?"

Actually, Palin almost tripled their funding in only three years from $26,900 per student to $73,840 per student.

Incidentally, the amount of government money you spend on a specific group doesn't equal the amount you care for that group, but that's another story for another column.

All of these represent just a small percentage of the bizarre collection of claims being thrown at Palin by her opponents and some in the media -- who are desperately hoping something will stick. I leave you with my favorite so far: The Internet rumors that she harbors racism against Eskimos. If true, she sure has a strange way of expressing it -- her husband, Todd, is half Yupik Inuit Eskimo.

To balance that out, she must really love his other half.

Glen Beck is awesome :yes: He even takes up for Obama .....

Every once in a while, I get a call on my radio show from someone telling me that Barack Obama is secretly a Muslim, who admitted it in an interview with George Stephanopoulos, and has a fake birth certificate. No, no, and no. As I tell them, there are legitimate reasons not to vote for Barack Obama, no need to make them up.

Well... kinda....... B)

Source/Link / Glen Beck

Edited by Nxt2Hvn

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sherapy

• BlindMessiah

• Nxt2Hvn

• IamsSon

Top Posters In This Topic

her daughters pregnancy ( as a parent myself ) Pallin either wasn't paying attention or she just wasn't there,IMO she missed something very important some where along the way and I dont think she knows what it was and we dont either.....and events of ones life define you and say something of you they create a tone a feel for you..... ... I would want a leader to be paying attention, of course they make errors in judgment but its how they self correct that interests me.and probably what the errors are some should not be made IMO for myself included.....

........I do not think pallin has the maturity needed to be a VP at this point....... .

I also have asked several of my christian freinds as it had me questioning the family values dictum.....does the religous right support and encourage teen mothers????? the christians that I know said they do not and are not voting for her as it sends the wrong message......

Edited by Tangerine Sheri

her daughters pregnancy ( as a parent myself ) Pallin either wasn't paying attention or she just wasnt there, she missed something very important some where along the way and I dont think she knows what it was and we dont either.....Buthe events of your life define you and say something of you ... I would want a leader to be paying attention, of course they make errors in judgment but its how they self correct that interests me.....I do not think pallin has the maturity needed to be a VP at this point....... .

I also have asked several of my christian freinds as it had me questioning the family values dictum.....does the religous right support and encourage teen mothers????? the christians that I know said they do not and are not voting for her as it sends the wrong message......

So... I take it as your saying that when a teenager ends up preagnant that the mother is to blame and something could have been done about it....

WHATEVER! ... My mom was a wonderful stay at home mom, very much into our lives, we were all but home schooled, we went to a very small private school, I graduated with only 14 classmates. ... I am the oldest of four children and my sister just two years younger got preagnant at 17. My mom did everything she could to prevent that from happening ... She was and is the most dedicated parent anyone could ever have.

You say Christians judge people too much.... well it looks like you are judging not only Sarah Palin .... but all mothers that have had teenage daughters become mothers.... just so wrong!!!

Edited by Nxt2Hvn

So... I take it as your saying that when a teenager ends up preagnant that the mother is to blame and something could have been done about it....

WHATEVER! ... My mom was a wonderful stay at home mom, very much into our lives, we were all but home schooled, we went to a very small private school, I graduated with only 14 classmates. ... I am the oldest of four children and my sister just two years younger got preagnant at 17. My mom did everything she could to prevent that from happening ... She was and is the most dedicated parent anyone could ever have.

You say Christians judge people too much.... well it looks like you are judging not only Sarah Palin .... but all mothers that have had teenage daughters become mothers.... just so wrong!!!

so are you saying you advocate teenage pregnancy then?????

Classic strawman. Congratulations.

You can be the best parent in the world, and still have your kid get into trouble.

You can have a family of 4 kids. three are on the straight and narrow, and one is into drugs and unprotected sex.They were all raised the same, but for some reason that one just goes and turns out bad.You also don't know what the boyfriend told Palin's daughter.

lots of women and girls have gotten pregnant because they believed the lies from some man or boy that they loved them,etc.etc.

Okay... I don't know if you have boys, girls or both...... but lets just say they are human... and they end up pregnant or they end up getting someone pregnant.... what would you do... encourage abortion???

Sherri - This is life... things happen... no I don't encourage teen pregnancy ... but it happens ... just like anything else does.

Do you or anyone in your family not make mistakes?

It's how you deal with them that matter. Palin is supporting her daughter, being there for her, that is what she is suppose to do.

Okay... I don't know if you have boys, girls or both...... but lets just say they are human... and they end up pregnant or they end up getting someone pregnant.... what would you do... encourage abortion???

Sherri - This is life... things happen... no I don't encourage teen pregnancy ... but it happens ... just like anything else does.

Do you or anyone in your family not make mistakes?

It's how you deal with them that matter. Palin is supporting her daughter, being there for her, that is what she is suppose to do.

boys, the eldest is 21, 15, 10 ....

indeed they are human and gonna have sex, i don't argue this point at all....

I do think pregnancy is easily avoided especially nowadays .......

i am for taking every pre caution so a child never has to be faced with the choice between abortion, adoption, or teen motherhood.....

i am big on education for prevention... pregnancy is one of the easiest things to prevent.....

I have said my heart goes out for all involved...

I

boys, the eldest is 21, 15, 10 ....

indeed they are human and gonna have sex, i don't argue this point at all....

I do think pregnancy is easily avoided especially nowadays .......

i am for taking every pre caution so a child never has to be faced with the choice between abortion, adoption, or teen motherhood.....

i am big on education for prevention... pregnancy is one of the easiest things to prevent.....

I have said my heart goes out for all involved...

It may be easily prevented ... but doesn't mean it can't happen accidentally.

My sister for instance.... pregnant at 17 with her first... married that father... 18 months later delivered another one .... and before you attack that .. you should know she was in birth control at the time she became pregnant with the second one.

Some things you can't control.... you don't even know if Palin's daughter was taking birth control or not.... it is possible that she was.

(My sister actually has five children now and I know for sure that two were conceived while she was on birth control --- And will add .. she is still married to the same man and they have a wonderful life together and are wonderful, very involved parents)

Edited by Nxt2Hvn

I was pregnant at 17, and unwed. I have a beautiful daughter today that is 13 years old, and never a day in my life have I regretted the decision to have her. She is such a blessing in my life. It was my choice to have sex. It was nothing my mother did (I was raised by a single mom). So, I can't sit here and blame it on Sarah Palin, or look down on her for something her daughter chose to do. In fact, I see that baby as a blessing, and I know it will be to their family, whether or not the circumstances were perfect.

Edited by DeAnna

It may be easily prevented ... but doesn't mean it can't happen accidentally.

My sister for instance.... pregnant at 17 with her first... married that father... 18 months later delivered another one .... and before you attack that .. you should know she was in birth control at the time she became pregnant with the second one.

Some things you can't control.... you don't even know if Palin's daughter was taking birth control or not.... it is possible that she was.

(My sister actually has five children now and I know for sure that two were conceived while she was on birth control --- And will add .. she is still married to the same man and they have a wonderful life together and are wonderful, very involved parents)

Hvn, I have no intention of attacking your sister...I have a cousin who by choice married really young 17 or so might of been younger , didn't even have kids until she was 20 or so and is still married very happily to him their kids are teenagers now.....so once in a while as your sister you can find your life partner....I don't dispute that.....

My cousin didnt have her parents she was on her own from about 14 on .....i really didn't know too many who got pregnant in high school.......

I have not heard of one getting pregnant from taking the pill, I have heard of those forgetting to take their pills etc....I'd have to look into it see the margin of ineffectiveness on the pill...

for millions including myself it has never failed.....but this is not to say it can't, the product expired or had manufacturing malfunctions, etc......

I have asked my christian friends if they knew their teens were engaging in premarital sex would they be upset?????

not one has said no they all have said yes they would be disappointed as its a sin.....

this may be a really good thread now that I think about it lol....

I actually planned all my kids...

as far as marrying the father I am not for that I could see pallin not wanting to compound an already difficult situation and i beleive this is what they have chosen.. they will not be getting married ....I would think the very best also if it was someone i admired ..I can appreciate that hvn.....

I was pregnant at 17, and unwed. I have a beautiful daughter today that is 13 years old, and never a day in my life have I regretted the decision to have her. She is such a blessing in my life. It was my choice to have sex. It was nothing my mother did (I was raised by a single mom). So, I can't sit here and blame it on Sarah Palin, or look down on her for something her daughter chose to do. In fact, I see that baby as a blessing, and I know it will be to their family, whether or not the circumstances were perfect.

any baby is a gift regardless IMO.....

her daughters pregnancy ( as a parent myself ) Pallin either wasn't paying attention or she just wasn't there,IMO she missed something very important some where along the way and I dont think she knows what it was and we dont either

I really can't agree with you here. While I don't like Palin because of her policies and religion, this simply isn't fact. I mean, maybe she neglected her daughter, but we don't know that. As a teenager I understand how little control parents really have over them. When you're old enough to drive, have a job and cash to go anywhere you want, no amount of parental guidance is going to stop you from being with someone if you want to do so.

We don't know she didn't teach her daughter to use contraception, and we don't know her daughter didn't use it.

Edited by BlindMessiah

"Sarah Palin believes God told her to go to war with Iraq!"

There has been some hard-core journalistic malpractice on this one. The Associated Press ran this headline about a speech she gave at her church: "Palin: Iraq war 'a task that is from God'"

In the story, they omit the first part of the sentence they're quoting along with the entire previous sentence for good measure.

Here are her actual words: "Pray for our military men and women who are striving to do what is right. Also, for this country, that our leaders, our national leaders, are sending them out on a task that is from God. That's what we have to make sure that we're praying for, that there is a plan and that that plan is God's plan."

Palin is clearly praying that we're doing the right thing in Iraq, something sensible for an introspective woman of faith concerned about the lives of our troops to do. She's not saying that she just received a text message from heaven's BlackBerry ordering her to launch missiles. Sorry to disappoint you.

And for those of you who think politicians asking God for guidance is offensive, might I remind you of this famous politician's prayer:

"Give me the wisdom to do what is right and just. And make me an instrument of your will." --Barack Obama

This is very similar to what McCain did in his ad about the pig comment. Her and his words were taken out of their context to say something else.

However, I do have a problem with her faith being an integral part of her life and as a US citizen I have a right to use my own world view to factor into my decision. She is entitled to put her faith on the line for everyone, but she can't expect people to not oppose her for that.

well even though you did not specify what type of birth control, I am going to assume you mean birth control pills, in which case as mentioned before you should look at the margin of effectiveness IF taken correctly, The chances she was not taking it correctly, ie: same time everyday, ect, are far more likely then it just NOT working.

Hvn, I have no intention of attacking your sister...I have a cousin who by choice married really young 17 or so might of been younger , didn't even have kids until she was 20 or so and is still married very happily to him their kids are teenagers now.....so once in a while as your sister you can find your life partner....I don't dispute that.....

My cousin didnt have her parents she was on her own from about 14 on .....i really didn't know too many who got pregnant in high school.......

I have not heard of one getting pregnant from taking the pill, I have heard of those forgetting to take their pills etc....I'd have to look into it see the margin of ineffectiveness on the pill...

for millions including myself it has never failed.....but this is not to say it can't, the product expired or had manufacturing malfunctions, etc......

I have asked my christian friends if they knew their teens were engaging in premarital sex would they be upset?????

not one has said no they all have said yes they would be disappointed as its a sin.....

this may be a really good thread now that I think about it lol....

I actually planned all my kids...

as far as marrying the father I am not for that I could see pallin not wanting to compound an already difficult situation and i beleive this is what they have chosen.. they will not be getting married ....I would think the very best also if it was someone i admired ..I can appreciate that hvn.....

I'm kind of confused. Just because a Christian looks down upon premarital sex as a sin, doesn't mean that they're going to punish their children for being pregnant. (i.e. disown their kids, kick them out of the house, etc.) And we do not know what goes on behind closed doors with Sarah Palin and her daughter. We don't know the talks they've had, or how exactly she felt when she found out. Mother and daughters like personalities differ, and they will all handle a teen pregnancy different. I feel like you're suggesting that because she has a pregnant daughter, she doesn't have the right to be VP because it might send the "wrong message." What message? There IS no message. You can only control a 17 year old girl so much, ya know? It's not like she's 5 anymore. And if your argument is there should have been more preventative measures...

The pill is NOT 100%. Any doctor will tell you that.

And for the record, my son was a pill baby. And no, not because I misused it. The women in my family are unusually fertile I guess (LOL) because we have a history of pill babies.

It's all a matter of genetics and hormones. For the majority of the population, yes, it is very effective. But there are a percentage of us out there, no matter how small, that it is not as effective for. Condoms too, are not 100%. Only abstinence in 100%, and you go ahead and ask how many teenagers 17 and under abide by THAT practice....LOL

Edited for spelling.

Edited by LogicalPiccolo

any baby is a gift regardless IMO.....

I can't agree with you more!

And I also agree that pre-maritial sex is a sin and I am against it (even though I did myself have pre-maritial sex).

If I had children I would not encourage it at all -- I would teach against it -- but would also teach them how to prevent pregnancy (not to mention diseases) with all the contraceptives available.

And as for the pill's effectiveness... I have heard as low as 87% for some women. After she had her 2nd baby she was put on a stronger birth control pill. (Low strength birth control pills don't work for some women) Also she was young and maybe didn't take it correctly -- i.e.-- every day at the same time as that can decrease the effectiveness.

That said ... just shows you it can happen to anyone.

And well said LogicalPiccolo .... very intelligent post. :tu:

And for the record, my son was a pill baby. And no, not because I misused it. The women in my family are unusually fertile I guess (LOL) because we have a history of pill babies.

It's all a matter of genetics and hormones. For the majority of the population, yes, it is very effective. But there are a percentage of us out there, no matter how small, that it is not as effective for. Condoms too, are not 100%. Only abstinence in 100%, and you go ahead and ask how many teenagers 17 and under abide by THAT practice....LOL

Edited for spelling.

LogicalPiccolo --- You made a very good point here.... about genetics and fertility --- it seems with Palin having 5 children herself... she is a very good example of a very fertile women.

I'm kind of confused. Just because a Christian looks down upon premarital sex as a sin, doesn't mean that they're going to punish their children for being pregnant. (i.e. disown their kids, kick them out of the house, etc.) And we do not know what goes on behind closed doors with Sarah Palin and her daughter. We don't know the talks they've had, or how exactly she felt when she found out. Mother and daughters like personalities differ, and they will all handle a teen pregnancy different. I feel like you're suggesting that because she has a pregnant daughter, she doesn't have the right to be VP because it might send the "wrong message." What message? There IS no message. You can only control a 17 year old girl so much, ya know? It's not like she's 5 anymore. And if your argument is there should have been more preventative measures...

Edited for spelling.

The most common way women get pregnant while using The Pill is starting late.

• 1 day late starting the next package: Take 2 pills as soon as you remember and one pill each day after. Use a backup form of birth control for two weeks.
  • 2 days late starting the next package: Take 2 pills per day for 2 days, then continue as usual. Use a backup form of birth control for two weeks.
  • 3 or more days late starting the next package: Call the clinic for instructions.
Missed Pills: During the Cycle

• 1 pill missed: Take it as soon as you remember and take your next pill at your usual time. This may mean taking two pills in one day.
  • 2 pills missed in a row in the first two weeks: Take two pills on the day you remember and two pills the next day. Finish the rest of the pack as usual. Use a backup form of birth control for one week.
  • 2 pills missed in a row in the third week: Keep taking one pill every day until Sunday. On Sunday, set aside the rest of the pack, including the spacers, and start taking a new pack of pills. Use a backup form of birth control for one week.
  • 3 or more pills missed in a row anytime: Keep taking one pill every day until Sunday. On Sunday, set aside the rest of the pack and start taking a new pack of pills. Use a backup form of birth control for two weeks.
Missing any of the last 7 pills of a 28-day package will not raise your risk of pregnancy. Skip the pills you missed, but be sure you start your next pack on time.

http://www.birth-control-comparison.info/thepill.htm

I think its 99 percent effective .......

so its rare but not unheard of....

i would not be trying to control a 17 year old, i would be focused on helping them mature..... i would have been giving them with the appropriate guidance enough age appropriate responsibility to learn how to manage their freedoms themselves.So that when they are mature they have accrued enough self awareness and life experience and can provide for a child finacially and emotionally and have to some degree self actualized......then they would have the maturity to think about motherhood......

Pallin is a mother for the remainder of her days it doesn't end because her kid is 17...17 is not an adult ....

i represent the parent who does not advocate teen pregnancy as I feel 17 is still learning so i would be very consise and clear on the prevention of this......... ...of course it this was to happen who in their right mind would disown their own child ..that is what it means to be a parent we are there no matter what ....

i don't know of anyone that would do that...

Sherri - It's almost like you think you and your family are immune to this happening to you. It still can, even though you do everything in your power to teach and prevent it.

I don't disagree with the education of contraceptive and from the way you describe the way you teach and talk with your kids it sounds great and you should be proud of that.

But .... you are still judging Palin and other women that have had daughters or sons that have ended up parents at a young age... this is my only argument with you.

And if your theory is true and the pill is 99% effective unless miss pills or take at wrong times... etc.... (my doctor also told me the pill is not 99-100% effective, for every woman is different) ... even when you tell someone how to take them ... especially a teenager ... it doesn't mean that they won't make a mistake and miss a dose etc..... Even adults are capable of this and do.

I also don't agree that just because someone gets pregnant young (or as an adult for that matter).... that they should get married. I was just pointing out that it worked for my sister ... not that it should be that way ... every situation is different.

I am interested in what you would do if indeed one of your sons came home and told you that their girlfriend was pregnant and was a teenager... how would you handle it?

(OOps .. I mean 99% ... sorry.. I change it)

Edited by Nxt2Hvn

I can't agree with you more!

And I also agree that pre-maritial sex is a sin and I am against it (even though I did myself have pre-maritial sex).

If I had children I would not encourage it at all -- I would teach against it -- but would also teach them how to prevent pregnancy (not to mention diseases) with all the contraceptives available.

And as for the pill's effectiveness... I have heard as low as 87% for some women. After she had her 2nd baby she was put on a stronger birth control pill. (Low strength birth control pills don't work for some women) Also she was young and maybe didn't take it correctly -- i.e.-- every day at the same time as that can decrease the effectiveness.

That said ... just shows you it can happen to anyone.

And well said LogicalPiccolo .... very intelligent post. :tu:

Hvn, this is a very good post....., i take the same posit as you and even though i love babies myself and have known only joy with my kids and am sure the pallins will also ..etc etc

but as a NB i don't think premarital sex is a sin but that is immaterial because we merge at the same point i also teach sex ed preventative and it starts early age appropriate content (of course) and continues and steps up as my boys mature and of course the older ones set an example.....

i live in california so i have to contend with things that a small town won't perhaps, perhaps not , and as a parent I have to choose my role models and posit firmly. i have a kid already grown so I am fortuante to have gained a bit of wisdom and the best example as a mother who values life is walk my talk and for me time is everything.... ....kids aren't idiots....

hvn if I may what is your posit on givng time to your kids, i am assuming you are in favor of it????

Sherri - It's almost like you think you and your family are immune to this happening to you. It still can, even though you do everything in your power to teach and prevent it.

I don't disagree with the education of contraceptive and from the way you describe the way you teach and talk with your kids it sounds great and you should be proud of that.

But .... you are still judging Palin and other women that have had daughters or sons that have ended up parents at a young age... this is my only argument with you.

And if your theory is true and the pill is 99% effective unless miss pills or take at wrong times... etc.... (my doctor also told me the pill is not 99-100% effective, for every woman is different) ... even when you tell someone how to take them ... especially a teenager ... it doesn't mean that they won't make a mistake and miss a dose etc..... Even adults are capable of this and do.

I also don't agree that just because someone gets pregnant young (or as an adult for that matter).... that they should get married. I was just pointing out that it worked for my sister ... not that it should be that way ... every situation is different.

I am interested in what you would do if indeed one of your sons came home and told you that their girlfriend was pregnant and was a teenager... how would you handle it?

(OOps .. I mean 99% ... sorry.. I change it)

hands down we would be be supportive, I would give of my time money whatever it called for ......perhaps you are reading more into what I am saying , ....

at this point i am just exploring all the points...its jsut my style to fine tooth comb everything.....i havent concluded yet....

i beleive you about your sister, and I think based on what you are saying that you have a wonderful mother.....

i also think you have brought in good points .... i wondered if one is very fertile and then someone posted this can affect the pills effectiveness i will look into this more it has me curious.... .....99 percent means 1 out of a hundred which can be alot especially if it happens to be a teenager.....

Hvn, this is a very good post....., i take the same posit as you and even though i love babies myself and have known only joy with my kids and am sure the pallins will also ..etc etc

but as a NB i don't think premarital sex is a sin but that is immaterial because we merge at the same point i also teach sex ed preventative and it starts early age appropriate content (of course) and continues and steps up as my boys mature and of course the older ones set an example.....

i live in california so i have to contend with things that a small town won't perhaps, perhaps not , and as a parent I have to choose my role models and posit firmly. i have a kid already grown so I am fortuante to have gained a bit of wisdom and the best example as a mother who values life is walk my talk and for me time is everything.... ....kids aren't idiots....

hvn if I may what is your posit on givng time to your kids, i am assuming you are in favor of it????

I was very lucky to have a stay at home mom who was very involved with all 4 of us (as I said I am the oldest of 4). I was adopted actually... my mom was told she couldn't have children. She adopted me as a baby then was blessed with 3 biological children ... we were and still are her life - of course she has 9 grandchildren to spend all her time with now.

I don't have children (can't have any actually) but if I did, I know I would have to be a working mom. But would spend every other waking moment with my children (if I could have them). My sister (the one with 5 children - ages 3 yrs. - 16) ... is actually a Registered Labor and Delivery Nurse ... but she and her husband are very involved with them. Their kids are in every sports program that you can imagine... all of them are honor roll students. So I am a believer that work and family can be juggled (and has to for most families - especially large ones)

And as a Christian -- I was taught sex is a sin, but was also taught how to prevent pregnancy and diseases. I was actually 17 when I lost my virginity and was engaged. And as a Christian I don't judge people who do have pre-maritial sex ... I know it's human nature and is the majority now a days. If I was single right now, I can't say that if I was dating someone exclusively, that I would be not be having pre-maritial sex. Like I said .. it's human nature ---

Sherri, exactly what do you think a Christian parent SHOULD do with a teen daughter that turns up pregnant?