Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Word Is Authenticity

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#16    IamsSon

IamsSon

Unobservable Matter

• 11,870 posts

• ďIf you canít explain it simply, you donít understand it well enough.Ē ~ Albert Einstein

Posted 12 September 2008 - 08:06 PM

Poor Biden... feeling so outclassed by a female governor he starts asking wheelchair-bound men to stand up just so he can get back in the news  laugh.gif

I'm sure he'll eventually find a nice speech to plagiarize and then he'll get to resign from the race and allow Barack to ask Hilary to join the ticket.

Edited by IamsSon, 12 September 2008 - 08:06 PM.

"But then with me that horrid doubt always arises whether the convictions of man's mind which has been developed from the mind of the lower animals, are of any value or at all trustworthy. Would any one trust in the convictions of a monkey's mind, if there are any convictions in such a mind?" - Charles Darwin, in a letter to William Graham on July 3, 1881

#17    HKCavalier

HKCavalier

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 08:07 PM

libertyworld on Sep 12 2008, 10:57 AM, said:

I recently told a friend:
This race has now come down to this:
Authenticity.
McCain / Palin have it in spades. It is self evident.
Obama / Biden do not. Also self evident.
Embarassing even, it's so bad.
The Most Revered High Priest of Spineless Emptiness actually makes the Clintons look authentic.
The boy in a man suit is a caricature of immaturity, dishonesty and petty narcissism.
Palin and McCain are a class act.
The phony punks are not.
Period.

This after McCain accused Obama of wanting to institutionalize pedophilia and Palin's thanks (for the cash) but no thanks to the bridge to nowhere (but not until it became a national joke)?  After denigrating volunteer spirit and ignoring the last 20 years of Obama's public service (much the way McCain ignores everything he himself has done--and not done--since he was a POW 40 years ago)?  After lying about Obama's tax plan and coming to agree with every major foreign policy issue McCain used to criticize Obama for?  Your ability to eschew reality and logic seemly knows no bounds, libertyworld.

#18    libertyworld

libertyworld

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 08:15 PM

HKCavalier on Sep 12 2008, 01:07 PM, said:

This after McCain accused Obama of wanting to institutionalize pedophilia and Palin's thanks (for the cash) but no thanks to the bridge to nowhere (but not until it became a national joke)?  After denigrating volunteer spirit and ignoring the last 20 years of Obama's public service (much the way McCain ignores everything he himself has done--and not done--since he was a POW 40 years ago)?  After lying about Obama's tax plan and coming to agree with every major foreign policy issue McCain used to criticize Obama for?  Your ability to eschew reality and logic seemly knows no bounds, libertyworld.

20 years of Obama's public service?!
Oh my GAAAWWWWD.
The word for him is self service, to put it very mildly.
And you say my take knows no bounds...
Thanks for chiming in though.
Keeps it interesting.

Stand For Goodness

#19    IamsSon

IamsSon

Unobservable Matter

• 11,870 posts

• ďIf you canít explain it simply, you donít understand it well enough.Ē ~ Albert Einstein

Posted 12 September 2008 - 08:18 PM

HKCavalier on Sep 12 2008, 03:07 PM, said:

Are those the same 20 years he was attending a church which subscribes to and preaches Black Liberation Theology?  I wonder, since it seems, from what he's asking us to believe (that he never knew Pastor Wright was teaching this), if he must have somehow slept through all 20 years of sermons if he was actually awake during the times he was supposedly providing public service.

Edited by IamsSon, 12 September 2008 - 08:19 PM.

"But then with me that horrid doubt always arises whether the convictions of man's mind which has been developed from the mind of the lower animals, are of any value or at all trustworthy. Would any one trust in the convictions of a monkey's mind, if there are any convictions in such a mind?" - Charles Darwin, in a letter to William Graham on July 3, 1881

#20    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

Telekinetic

• 7,066 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 08:42 PM

IamsSon on Sep 12 2008, 08:18 PM, said:

Are those the same 20 years he was attending a church which subscribes to and preaches Black Liberation Theology?  I wonder, since it seems, from what he's asking us to believe (that he never knew Pastor Wright was teaching this), if he must have somehow slept through all 20 years of sermons if he was actually awake during the times he was supposedly providing public service.

He went to church twice a month so maybe he's telling the truth. Let's face it, the man has wanted to be president for years. He went to the church for political power in Chicago and as Giuliani pointed out last night, voted present on many different votes in the senate. He's been setting himself up to be president so I don't take his connections to Wright very seriously.

#21    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

Telekinetic

• 7,066 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 08:48 PM

HKCavalier on Sep 12 2008, 08:07 PM, said:

This after McCain accused Obama of wanting to institutionalize pedophilia.

Source?

#22    SoCrazes

SoCrazes

Psychic Spy

• 1,312 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 09:35 PM

ohio traveler on Sep 12 2008, 06:57 PM, said:

I used to think that way.  But I just can't vote lesser of two evils anymore.  The only way anything will ever change is for people to stop thinking that way.   My vote will be for someome who I truly support.

Hear-hear!  Send a msg.  Vote for who you want...not the lesser of two evils.  Both the dems and pubs are criminalistic...vote third party and send a msg.  Now, for a bad analogy attempt:  Stop being satisfied with what the buffet has to offer and place your special order.  Maybe the restaurant will start serving more special orders if asked.

"The unexamined life is not worth living." - Socrates

#23    Guardsman Bass

Guardsman Bass

Poltergeist

• 2,222 posts

• Don't spam me, but feel free to drop a line.

Posted 12 September 2008 - 09:44 PM

For the OP - exactly what the hell is "authenticity" and why should we give a damn if a Presidential candidate has it? Nearly all of them are politicians, you realize - bull is their stock in trade.

libertyworld on Sep 12 2008, 01:58 PM, said:

"Vote them all out" just constitutes too much of throwing out the good with the bad.
Too simplistic.
Better, I think to get behind those who represent real change and reform, and right now that is the republican ticket. Imagine that.

Yeah, they're such a reform ticket, when you consider that McCain represents Bush's policies on virtually everything except the environment. Of course, only an idiot would seriously believe a party which is largely responsible for the debacles of the last 8 years is somehow the party and candidate representing real reform and change.

McCain and Palin are both at least as willing to go after the badness within their own party as Obama and biden are not.
Palin has about 75% approval among democrats in Alaska in part for just that reason.

Any proof for this? Besides, Alaska is not exactly a typical state - and the previous governor was so blatantly corrupt that anyone looks good in comparison.

McCain has disappointed many a republican, (me included) but his record and plans regarding just earmarks is more than enough to earn real respect.
Ending earmarks is alone nothing short of revolutionary at this point.

Oh, please. They represent a pathetic $17.2 billion in terms of spending - the interest and maintenance on the debt we'd incur fulfilling McCain's ridiculous tax cut plan would be far larger.

I'll go out and say it - earmarks are completely trivial bull compared to some of the more pressing problems out there, like health care reform, defense, the economy, the environment, and energy. The fact that you think they are some all-important thing is rather hilarious.

They (earmarks) are at the heart of what is wrong with the current system.
Interesting isn't it, that those running on hope and change are those most against it and those perceived as old fashioned are the real hope and change.
I'm sure some here will disagree, but even a casual study of the facts of record confirms it.

Obama thinks the problem lies in bigger issues than an amount of money less than that of a rounding error in the Federal Budget.

"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours." -Sir Charles Napier

"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."  ó D.H. Lawrence

#24    libertyworld

libertyworld

Psychic Spy

• 1,181 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 07:01 PM

Guardsman Bass on Sep 12 2008, 02:44 PM, said:

For the OP - exactly what the hell is "authenticity" and why should we give a damn if a Presidential candidate has it?

Once people read such an opening line, there really is no reason to read any further, or for that matter, ever bother reading anything else from such a poster.
Keep it up though!
Because it sure validates what I've been saying about the left.

Stand For Goodness

#25    Guardsman Bass

Guardsman Bass

Poltergeist

• 2,222 posts

• Don't spam me, but feel free to drop a line.

Posted 13 September 2008 - 07:06 PM

libertyworld on Sep 13 2008, 01:01 PM, said:

Once people read such an opening line, there really is no reason to read any further, or for that matter, ever bother reading anything else from such a poster.
Keep it up though!
Because it sure validates what I've been saying about the left.

That must have been quite a challenge for you, actually reading even part of a response rather than just ignoring it and doing the usual drive-by article posting. Try again.

"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours." -Sir Charles Napier

"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."  ó D.H. Lawrence

#26    AztecInca

AztecInca

Martian

• 9,013 posts

• All it takes for evil to triumph, is for good people to do nothing.

Posted 14 September 2008 - 09:09 AM

libertyworld and Guardsman Bass, please keep the discussion civil and constructive. Should you or any other member resort to personal attacks, name-calling or other offensive behaviour those responsible for such behaviour will be dealt with and the thread closed. It really is quite easy to post your own opinions and arguments in a civil manner. thumbsup.gif

#27    Cradle of Fish

Cradle of Fish

Alien Abducter

• 4,583 posts

• "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Dr. Johnson

Posted 14 September 2008 - 11:52 AM

We get it Libertyworld, you'll turn a blind eye to the evils of the candidate you want to vote for.

I am not a man, merely a parody of one.

#28    libertyworld

libertyworld

Psychic Spy

• 1,181 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 12:16 PM

Cradle of Fish on Sep 14 2008, 04:52 AM, said:

We get it Libertyworld, you'll turn a blind eye to the evils of the candidate you want to vote for.

"McCain has disappointed many a republican, (me included)..." (Libertyworld, though I'm actually an independent)
So it's wrong to support the ticket one believes will best represent ones concerns?
And one should join the chorus of those focusing on what's wrong with the ticket one supports?
And those supporting McCain / Palin turn more of a blind eye than those supporting Obama / Biden?
Seems quite the opposite to me, in the extreme.
The degree of blind eye turned from Obama / Biden by their supporters has been unprecedented.
As if a cult.

Stand For Goodness

#29    Startraveler

Startraveler

Fleet Captain

• 4,524 posts

• Knowledge Brings Fear.

Posted 14 September 2008 - 02:37 PM

"McCain has disappointed many a republican, (me included)..." (Libertyworld, though I'm actually an independent)

You're just an independent who votes for Republican tickets that disappoint you?

The first step is admitting you have a problem.

#30    libertyworld

libertyworld

Psychic Spy

• 1,181 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 02:43 PM

Startraveler on Sep 14 2008, 07:37 AM, said:

You're just an independent who votes for Republican tickets that disappoint you?
The first step is admitting you have a problem.

You read far too much into it.
Admitting someone has disappointed you at some time in the past does not necessarily mean you should vote for someone else.
Get real.

Stand For Goodness

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users