Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

How Nancy Pelosi Became President

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1    Whangarei

Whangarei

Astral Projection

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

• "Don't be sorry, just improve."

Posted 14 September 2008 - 10:17 PM

I'm picturing some crazy story in history where either McCain dies for some reason or has a stroke that incapacitates him  letting Palin take over.  A year later a PETA extremists shoots Palin with a hunting gun.   Nancy Pelosi is sworn in and we have two female presidents of the United States in the span of 4 years and Hilary is committed to a mental institution for the irony.

I'm not suggesting this btw.  Hope this doesn't come across wrong.

Edited by Whangarei, 14 September 2008 - 10:24 PM.

Seek peace, and pursue it.
http://nl.youtube.co...feature=related

#2    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

Telekinetic

• 7,066 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 10:19 PM

Ummm...

#3    Incorrigible1

Incorrigible1

Government Agent

• 3,393 posts

• Champanya?

Posted 15 September 2008 - 02:44 AM

Whangarei on Sep 14 2008, 05:17 PM, said:

I'm picturing some crazy story in history where either McCain dies for some reason or has a stroke that incapacitates him  letting Palin take over.  A year later a PETA extremists shoots Palin with a hunting gun.   Nancy Pelosi is sworn in and we have two female presidents of the United States in the span of 4 years and Hilary is committed to a mental institution for the irony.

The fact it's illogical and contrary to Constitutional law didn't seem to discourage you................

If a nation values anything more than freedom, it will lose its freedom; and the irony of it is that if it is comfort or money that it values more, it will lose that too. -- W. Somerset Maugham
Posted Image

#4    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,308 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 03:09 AM

Incorrigible1 on Sep 14 2008, 09:44 PM, said:

The fact it's illogical and contrary to Constitutional law didn't seem to discourage you................

+

Or the fact that there would be a new vp by then.

Speaker of the house only takes over if both pres. and vp die close to each other before the new pres picks a new vp.

Edited by danielost, 15 September 2008 - 03:10 AM.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#5    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

Telekinetic

• 7,066 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 04:39 AM

Incorrigible1 on Sep 15 2008, 03:44 AM, said:

How exactly is it unconstitutional...? If the president and vice president die, the speaker of the house becomes president.

#6    Whangarei

Whangarei

Astral Projection

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 04:41 AM

That's what I'm trying to figure out?   You had me worried for a second.  Since  I stated a year later Palin is shot and Pelosi takes over and we have two female presidents in a span of four years,  I think its pretty obvious that I'm talking about the same term.   The speaker of the house is in line after the vp becomes president.  

Hmmm,  I think I see the glitch,  I waited too long to off Palin.   Ok.

Edited by Whangarei, 15 September 2008 - 04:43 AM.

#7    InHuman

InHuman

Alien Abducter

• 4,492 posts

• Running on Bravado.

Posted 15 September 2008 - 05:05 AM

Whangarei on Sep 14 2008, 09:41 PM, said:

We must retreat and come back with a new plan.!

There Will Be Brawl
Greatest Webseries Ever

If you carry out a policy that dehumanizes others, in the process you yourself are dehumanized.-Desmond Tutu

#8    Incorrigible1

Incorrigible1

Government Agent

• 3,393 posts

• Champanya?

Posted 15 September 2008 - 10:47 AM

BlindMessiah on Sep 14 2008, 11:39 PM, said:

How exactly is it unconstitutional...? If the president and vice president die, the speaker of the house becomes president.

For Pete's sake, the gist of the thread is "I'm picturing some crazy story in history where either McCain dies for some reason or has a stroke that incapacitates him letting Palin take over. A year later a PETA extremists shoots Palin with a hunting gun."

How difficult is this for you and Whang to figure? Should the President die, the VeePee assumes the office of President, and then nominates a Vice President who shall take office upon confirmation by a majority vote of both Houses of Congress.

In case you've both forgotten, we're governed by the Constitution. You might take a gander at the 25th Amendment.

Edited by Incorrigible1, 15 September 2008 - 10:48 AM.

If a nation values anything more than freedom, it will lose its freedom; and the irony of it is that if it is comfort or money that it values more, it will lose that too. -- W. Somerset Maugham
Posted Image

#9    Incorrigible1

Incorrigible1

Government Agent

• 3,393 posts

• Champanya?

Posted 15 September 2008 - 10:50 AM

Whangarei on Sep 14 2008, 11:41 PM, said:

That's what I'm trying to figure out?   You had me worried for a second.  Since  I stated a year later Palin is shot and Pelosi takes over and we have two female presidents in a span of four years,  I think its pretty obvious that I'm talking about the same term.   The speaker of the house is in line after the vp becomes president.  

Only if both the President and VP are incapacitated simultaneously, or before a VP can be ushered into office. Please see the 25th Amendment.

Posted Image

#10    IrishAidan07

IrishAidan07

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts

• If you can't describe what you are doing as a process, you don't know what you're doing.

Posted 15 September 2008 - 11:32 AM

In case you've both forgotten, we're governed by the Constitution. You might take a gander at the 25th Amendment.

notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif

Also, whang, your post makes an assumption that McCain will win.

Perhaps Obama gets shot - God forbid - then some Right wad shoots Biden the next day, and then Pelosi takes over.......

Edited by IrishAidan, 15 September 2008 - 11:37 AM.

"There is not a Liberal America, a Conservative America, a Red America or Blue America, there is the United States of America." ~ Barack Obama

Posted Image

~~Irish~~

#11    rideron

rideron

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 04:53 PM

How about this, the next President elect is killed in a plane crash sometime between the Nov. election and Jan. Inauguration.  THere has been a popular vote, but no electoral college vote, yet.

You might think the V.P. elect would automatically move up, BUT the V.P. elect has not yet been sworn into any office covered by the 25th amendment; they're only the V.P. elect.

Does the affected party to renominate the V.P. as a Presidential candidate with yet another V.P.;  since there has been a POPULAR vote, but no Electoral college vote yet???

#12    Sho_Sho

Sho_Sho

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 07:25 PM

Whangarei on Sep 14 2008, 11:17 PM, said:

In a nut shell this breaks down the liberal way of thinking! LOL  blink.gif

Thanks for the laugh!

I wish I could be as cool as you...and say the things you do

#13    Whangarei

Whangarei

Astral Projection

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 09:40 PM

It was supposed to be a laugh....people take things so seriously around here...sheesh.... blink.gif

#14    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

Telekinetic

• 7,066 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 10:11 PM

Incorrigible1 on Sep 15 2008, 10:47 AM, said:

For Pete's sake, the gist of the thread is "I'm picturing some crazy story in history where either McCain dies for some reason or has a stroke that incapacitates him letting Palin take over. A year later a PETA extremists shoots Palin with a hunting gun."

How difficult is this for you and Whang to figure? Should the President die, the VeePee assumes the office of President, and then nominates a Vice President who shall take office upon confirmation by a majority vote of both Houses of Congress.

I was under the assumption that a replacement VP had not yet been appointed in this scenario.

#15    MasterPo

MasterPo

Alien Abducter

• 4,975 posts

• So sue me....

Posted 17 September 2008 - 03:17 AM

Same thing sorta-kinda would have happened (re: Pelosi becoming President) if the impeachers got their way too.  ohmy.gif

The Po File - As told to MasterPo by MasterPo

Have the courage to read it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users