Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Violence if McCain/Palin are elected?

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#1    Sho_Sho

Sho_Sho

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 09:02 PM

After seeing what happend during the Republican Convention with Democrats getting violent in the streets and Rioting, do you think it would come to that again if another Republican gets elected President? I do!, I hope not, but I can really see it happen.

Some Democrats seem to be on a MAJOR war path to get what they want this time. I have never in my life seen such radical hatred for the Republican party as I do now. The hate is so oversaturated in the media itís hard not to admit that its really happening. Itís usually one of those things you know itís happening but just donít speak of it, and if you do, its denied.

I can feel the hatred seeping off them when talking to a fellow American who just so happens to be democrat, I almost want to go into hiding before admitting im not a democrat. I donít want Obama to get elected but if he does I will accept it, and respect him because he is MY President, and I am supportive of my president even if I do not agree with his policies.

I just donít think if McCain is elected itís going to be a peaceful 4 years, I think again he is going to be turned into a villain and slammed just like Bush has for the last 8 years. Bush had a reason to be slammed, but I think McCain will get the rest of the flack for not being a democratic President.

I really hope I am wrong on this but I really do think some democrats are going to throw a major Hissy fit if they donít get what they want this time around and there will be hell to pay.  

I wish I could be as cool as you...and say the things you do

#2    Startraveler

Startraveler

Fleet Captain

• 4,503 posts

• Knowledge Brings Fear.

Posted 16 September 2008 - 09:15 PM

Bush had a reason to be slammed

I'm curious, what is that reason?

#3    Whangarei

Whangarei

Astral Projection

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

• "Don't be sorry, just improve."

Posted 16 September 2008 - 09:19 PM

There has been a growing animosity from the Democratic party over the years.  I think the problem is that people do not vote.  Traditionally more conservative people vote, and older people.  These young angry folks might talk up a great deal on a web forum but on election day many of them do not vote.  This is causing a divide in what the country really is represented as and it feels like a hostile take over.  So I think you are right.  Violence could happen.

Seek peace, and pursue it.
http://nl.youtube.co...feature=related

#4    Sho_Sho

Sho_Sho

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 09:21 PM

Startraveler on Sep 16 2008, 10:15 PM, said:

I'm curious, what is that reason?

LOL, You know as well as I do. As well as the enitre world does. he has made some mistakes but thats not the point of my post.

#5    Startraveler

Startraveler

Fleet Captain

• 4,503 posts

• Knowledge Brings Fear.

Posted 16 September 2008 - 09:24 PM

Well, the point of your post is that anger toward Bush's policies shouldn't carry over toward McCain. So I think it's relevant to know which of those policies you think Bush should blamed for (and, presumably, they should be ones McCain hasn't embraced). So?

Edited by Startraveler, 16 September 2008 - 09:24 PM.

#6    Sho_Sho

Sho_Sho

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 09:39 PM

Whangarei on Sep 16 2008, 10:19 PM, said:

There has been a growing animosity from the Democratic party over the years.  I think the problem is that people do not vote.  Traditionally more conservative people vote, and older people.  These young angry folks might talk up a great deal on a web forum but on election day many of them do not vote.  This is causing a divide in what the country really is represented as and it feels like a hostile take over.  So I think you are right.  Violence could happen.

It cant be a  "hostile take over" if you are just handing it over, by not voting.

I remember Paris Hilton during the last election telling people to "vote or die" she was on a major campaign for getting the youth to vote, and she wasnít even a registered voter, and she Never voted.

Just goes to show you most of them have no idea what they are even talking about, itís easy to talk out of your rear and repeat what you hear on t.v.  when it comes to politics. But when push comes to shove they flake out. Itís the average everyday American living in a small town and who goes to church and lives a quiet life with their family, which cares to vote. Everyone else is just busy running their mouth about how cool it is to vote for Gore, Kerry, Obama or whoever the cool guy of the year is.

Itís very irresponsible of democrats not to vote, that says allot about their character, if they are going to complain about the way the United States is ran, but do not take the time to get out of bed, or whatever it is they do, to take 30 minutes out of their day to vote, they have no one to blame but themselves. You can bet your azz that they are voting on American Idol though.

#7    Whangarei

Whangarei

Astral Projection

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

• "Don't be sorry, just improve."

Posted 16 September 2008 - 09:43 PM

The thing is Democrats don't want to admit that they don't vote.  I mean I have to admit this is just my opinion.  I don't have any actual numbers to back this up.  Woops!  If anyone does I'm sorry for generalizing if I'm wrong.  But this is what it seems like to me.  ph34r.gif

Seek peace, and pursue it.
http://nl.youtube.co...feature=related

#8    Sho_Sho

Sho_Sho

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 09:44 PM

Startraveler on Sep 16 2008, 10:24 PM, said:

Well, the point of your post is that anger toward Bush's policies shouldn't carry over toward McCain. So I think it's relevant to know which of those policies you think Bush should blamed for (and, presumably, they should be ones McCain hasn't embraced). So?

No my dear, the point of my post was that I think that Democrats are going to become violent if or when they donít get their way. They have such a hatred for Bush and all republicans for whatever reason they have valid or not. McCain has nothing to do with Bush other than belonging to the same party.

Myself, I do not like the way some things have happened over the last 8 years, but I donít hate anyone for it, or plan to riot in the streets if Obama gets elected.

#9    libertyworld

libertyworld

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 10:46 PM

Here's my take.
The more the democrats are controlled by the Marxist left, just as so many there are so fond of claiming, the more violence we will see.
It is already apparent on many college campuses when a strong conservative comes to speak.
The more the left is embraced, the more forceful (fascistic) it's victims become. Strength in numbers... Schoolyard punks drunk on a mob rule mentality.
The more hysterical, irrational, confrontational and bigoted, the more hostile to the most important of all diversities, that being the diversity of ideas.
The more hostile they will become when they lose, hostile to the foundation of liberty and freedom and democracy, that being free elections.
It is the way of the victimhood industry.
It is the way of the sociopath.

Stand For Goodness

#10    Incorrigible1

Incorrigible1

Government Agent

• 3,393 posts

• Champanya?

Posted 16 September 2008 - 11:19 PM

Whangarei on Sep 16 2008, 04:19 PM, said:

Our viewpoints rarely mesh, but you're spot-on with this posting.

"Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has not heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains." Winston Churchill

If a nation values anything more than freedom, it will lose its freedom; and the irony of it is that if it is comfort or money that it values more, it will lose that too. -- W. Somerset Maugham
Posted Image

#11    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

Telekinetic

• 7,066 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 12:38 AM

Incorrigible1 on Sep 17 2008, 12:19 AM, said:

Our viewpoints rarely mesh, but you're spot-on with this posting.

"Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has not heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains." Winston Churchill

So even a hundred years ago politicians generalized.

#12    Lt_Ripley

Lt_Ripley

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 20,036 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 12:53 AM

yes violence when something like our system is broken. It's the same thinking that led to the Revolutionary war.

of course democrats vote. that's how Gore won the popular vote but Bush took the electoral. Right now this race really is too close to call. too many have cell phones only ( especially the younger who tend to view liberal) and are not polled.

#13    MasterPo

MasterPo

Alien Abducter

• 4,975 posts

• So sue me....

Posted 17 September 2008 - 12:55 AM

Sho_Sho on Sep 16 2008, 05:39 PM, said:

I remember Paris Hilton during the last election telling people to "vote or die"

That was P Ditty (whatever).

The Po File - As told to MasterPo by MasterPo

Have the courage to read it.

#14    MasterPo

MasterPo

Alien Abducter

• 4,975 posts

• So sue me....

Posted 17 September 2008 - 12:57 AM

Lt_Ripley on Sep 16 2008, 08:53 PM, said:

yes violence when something like our system is broken. It's the same thinking that led to the Revolutionary war.

Why do you (and others) say the system is broken? (I presume you mean the election process)

Just because the kind of candidate, or perhaps the actual people you want, didn't run or win nomination doesn't mean it's broken. That's acting like a sore looser at best, a spoiled brat at worst.

The Po File - As told to MasterPo by MasterPo

Have the courage to read it.

#15    Incorrigible1

Incorrigible1

Government Agent

• 3,393 posts

• Champanya?

Posted 17 September 2008 - 12:58 AM

BlindMessiah on Sep 16 2008, 07:38 PM, said:

So even a hundred years ago politicians generalized.

And Sarah Palin governs 30,000 residents. And us in fly-over country don't really count. Yeah, heard it before!

Yeah, Churchill died 43 years ago, and the Second World War doesn't have ramifications upon your present life. (Half those statements are true.)

If a nation values anything more than freedom, it will lose its freedom; and the irony of it is that if it is comfort or money that it values more, it will lose that too. -- W. Somerset Maugham
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users