Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Violence if McCain/Palin are elected?

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#106    AROCES

AROCES

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 16,312 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 08:53 AM

Startraveler on Sep 17 2008, 10:12 PM, said:

McCain was pushing for war in Iraq even before the Bush administration.

Clinton bombed Iraq a couple of times, wasn't that wanting war?

#107    louie

louie

Alien Abducter

• 4,844 posts

• The greatest sceptics are normally the biggest sheep. Anon

Posted 18 September 2008 - 10:55 AM

BlindMessiah on Sep 18 2008, 01:29 AM, said:

Haha... he didn't read the OP. I love it.

HA  HA, yes he did, just sticking in a random point.

www.tmblive.com
If you dont know what it is, it must be art.

#108    louie

louie

Alien Abducter

• 4,844 posts

• The greatest sceptics are normally the biggest sheep. Anon

Posted 18 September 2008 - 10:57 AM

Sho_Sho on Sep 18 2008, 02:25 AM, said:

No that was Bush, you cant compare the 2 just yet, and now that we are in, the question is do we pull out, or stay to finish the job? Even democrats such as Obama have admitted that the surge worked and we cant just pull out.

Obama will have that same problem if he is elected. Itís easy to sit on your perch and say we are pulling out ASAP but didnít the democratic majority get elected on that very agenda of ending the war, and we have yet to see it happen.?

We are stuck, like it or not.

Mcain is a lifelong miltary man, he wont get the concept of peace, he will want to ply his trade an keep his buddies in a job.

www.tmblive.com
If you dont know what it is, it must be art.

#109    libertyworld

libertyworld

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 04:24 PM

louie on Sep 18 2008, 03:57 AM, said:

Mcain is a lifelong miltary man, he wont get the concept of peace, he will want to ply his trade an keep his buddies in a job.

What an offensive notion.
I am former military.
Those who are tend to hate war more than most armchair anties think they do because they know how dreadful it is.
We love freedom and peace in ways most cannot imagine.
Unfortunately, war is not yet obsolete, as much as I wish it were so.
There are times when one must defend one's women and children and homeland, (or the free and peaceful world) from evil and tyranny and death.
There are times when only war will do so.
Some aggressors cannot be talked out of their aggression or genocidal aspirations.
To presume otherwise is naive and dangerous.

Stand For Goodness

#110    rideron

rideron

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 04:30 PM

"The concept of Peace" ??

People in the grave at 'at peace'

Crowds of 5000 jews herded up and run into boxcars by 20 or 30 armed Nazi's behaved 'peacefully'

"peace' is always a worthy aspiration???

#111    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 18 September 2008 - 07:52 PM

libertyworld on Sep 18 2008, 09:24 AM, said:

What an offensive notion.
I am former military.
Those who are tend to hate war more than most armchair anties think they do because they know how dreadful it is.
We love freedom and peace in ways most cannot imagine.
Unfortunately, war is not yet obsolete, as much as I wish it were so.
There are times when one must defend one's women and children and homeland, (or the free and peaceful world) from evil and tyranny and death.
There are times when only war will do so.
Some aggressors cannot be talked out of their aggression or genocidal aspirations.
To presume otherwise is naive and dangerous.

What combat unit where you with? how much blood did you see? Take a lot of fire? Give a lot? Lose a lot of friends?

Do YOU really know what combat is like?

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#112    .JJ.

.JJ.

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 01:27 PM

Riots and violence?

Nahh, I don't think so.  Most Americans nowadays are too lazy even for that.  Civil unrest seemed to go out of fashion after the 60's.  As for me, it doesn't really matter who wins since I see it as "pick your own poison" between the two sides.  On one side you have a communist and a typical Washington insider, on the other you have someone who supports many of the policies of the last 8 years, and an extreme religious fundamentalist.  I was for Ron Paul, but pretty much everyone wrote him off as a nutcase, but now after what has happened with the markets/bailouts lately, people are starting to listen to him since he saw this economic ****storm coming.  I'm probably voting for Bob Barr even though he doesn't have much of a chance to win mostly because I disagree with the policies of the two major parties running.

#113    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,816 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 02:48 PM

Fluffybunny on Sep 18 2008, 02:52 PM, said:

What combat unit where you with? how much blood did you see? Take a lot of fire? Give a lot? Lose a lot of friends?

Do YOU really know what combat is like?

why does any of that matter for the person to hate war after serving in the military.

I was in for a year didn't see any combat or blood.  But I wish all wars were fought with paint ball guns.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#114    MasterPo

MasterPo

Alien Abducter

• 4,975 posts

• So sue me....

Posted 20 September 2008 - 03:36 PM

What if the vote is really really close like Bush/Gore in 2000?

I would suspect the Supreme Court would be under pressure to award the election to Obama in order to a: not appear racist, and b: to avoid possible domestic violence.

Edited by MasterPo, 20 September 2008 - 03:37 PM.

The Po File - As told to MasterPo by MasterPo

Have the courage to read it.

#115    Startraveler

Startraveler

Fleet Captain

• 4,539 posts

• Knowledge Brings Fear.

Posted 20 September 2008 - 03:52 PM

How disturbing is it that somehow people now think it is the role of the Supreme Court to "award the election" to someone after a close election?

Hint: very.

#116    MasterPo

MasterPo

Alien Abducter

• 4,975 posts

• So sue me....

Posted 20 September 2008 - 04:00 PM

Startraveler on Sep 20 2008, 11:52 AM, said:

How disturbing is it that somehow people now think it is the role of the Supreme Court to "award the election" to someone after a close election?

Hint: very.

The law disturbs you. Now that's humor.

The vote was based on the electoral college system, not the popular vote (whose figures are still sooooooo much up to debt with "dangling chads" and so on). Many people think it should go by popular vote, but at this time it is not the law of the land.

Specifically, the Supreme Court did not say "Give the office to Bush"! The court ruled 1) the multiple Florida state recounts were unconstitutional, and 2) to stop the recount process and use the initial counts as the official counts. This is well with in the bounds of the authority of the Supreme Court.

The Po File - As told to MasterPo by MasterPo

Have the courage to read it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users