Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

2005 FannieMae/FredMac Reform Blocked by Dems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1    rideron

rideron

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 09:55 AM

McCain co-sponsored legislation in 2005 which called for reform of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac accounting practices leading to executive bonuses.

Defeated by Democrats, lead by Chris Dodd.

Dodd and Obama then and now are the #1 and 2 largest receipients of $$$ contributions from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

McCain's sponsorship report from the Congressional record in 2005:

"I join as a cosponsor of the Federal Housing Enterprise Regulatory Reform Act of 2005, S. 190, to underscore my support for quick passage of GSE regulatory reform legislation. If Congress does not act, American taxpayers will continue to be exposed to the enormous risk that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac pose to the housing market, the overall financial system, and the economy as a whole.
I urge my colleagues to support swift action on this GSE reform legislation."

This will be an interesting topic in the upcoming debates...

#2    Pinky Floyd

Pinky Floyd

Waxing Poetic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,828 posts

• 1000% Libertarian...

Posted 17 September 2008 - 09:57 AM

rideron on Sep 17 2008, 04:55 AM, said:

Dodd and Obama then and now are the #1 and 2 largest receipients of $$$ contributions from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
This will be an interesting topic in the upcoming debates...

They will spin it (just you watch-they are good at something)..and many Americans are dumb enough to believe it...

Edited by Pinky Floyd, 17 September 2008 - 09:59 AM.

Total American Isolationism Now
Complete and across the board. Over the next fifty years, America needs to develop energy independence
and terminate any and all relations with most all countries not on the North American Continent.
Forever...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users