Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Paranormal books

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1    GreyWeather

GreyWeather

噢,这真是个快乐

• 6,407 posts

• If at first you don't succeed... cheat.

Posted 17 September 2008 - 02:15 PM

I was wondering if anyone knew of any interesting paranormal mysteries, book wise. Ranging from ghosts, shodowmen to other various mysteries along the same line.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted Image

If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do. The smallest act of kindness can be the greatest thing in the world.

#2    isis-999

isis-999

Goddess Of Darkness and Desire

• 5,312 posts

• The Bestowed Eye's of my God, Eye's of my past, lover of my future.. A Thousand's lifes all to live this One...The Steel Circle,

Posted 17 September 2008 - 06:41 PM

Do you want fact or fiction?

Posted Image
THE BESTOWED EYE'S OF MY GOD... GODDESS OF DESIRE....http://paranormalborder.net/index/
Sig By: Arsenik...... My Favorite vampire!!

#3    GreyWeather

GreyWeather

噢,这真是个快乐

• 6,407 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 07:51 PM

isis-999 on Sep 17 2008, 07:41 PM, said:

Do you want fact or fiction?

More along the 'fact' stream~

Sorry, I should've made it a bit clearer.

Posted Image

If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do. The smallest act of kindness can be the greatest thing in the world.

#4    isis-999

isis-999

• 5,312 posts

• The Bestowed Eye's of my God, Eye's of my past, lover of my future.. A Thousand's lifes all to live this One...The Steel Circle,

Posted 17 September 2008 - 08:13 PM

There are a huge amount those, here is a link that tell's you about the best one's...

http://scifipedia.scifi.com/index.php/Cate...aranormal_Books

Posted Image
THE BESTOWED EYE'S OF MY GOD... GODDESS OF DESIRE....http://paranormalborder.net/index/

#5    GreyWeather

GreyWeather

噢,这真是个快乐

• 6,407 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 09:47 PM

isis-999 on Sep 17 2008, 09:13 PM, said:

There are a huge amount those, here is a link that tell's you about the best one's...

Awesome; thanks thumbsup.gif .

Posted Image

#6    isis-999

isis-999

• 5,312 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 10:22 PM

Your welcome the SCI-FI channel is the host of the site.. thumbsup.gif

Posted Image

#7    Oubli

Oubli

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

• Ich Sehe Alles, und alles ist gerade dabei laut aufzuschreien.

Posted 18 September 2008 - 08:06 PM

Night Stalks the Mansion
Graves End
Aaron's Crossing
Haunted: A True Canadian Story
Overshadows
House of Spirits and Whispers

#8    Marcus Aurelius

Marcus Aurelius

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 05:58 AM

Chokmah on Sep 17 2008, 10:15 AM, said:

I was wondering if anyone knew of any interesting paranormal mysteries, book wise. Ranging from ghosts, shodowmen to other various mysteries along the same line.

Read Ghost Hunters: William James and the Search For Scientific Proof Of Life After Death.

This is an EXCELLENT book, about the Society for Psychical Research, founded at the height of the spiritualist movement. It will give you a wonderful perspective on the whole history of paranormal investigations. William James was the original ghost hunter lol.

Posted Image

The Urban Contemplative

http://www.unexplain...log&blogid=2565

#9    princezfiona

princezfiona

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 05:19 PM

Thanks for this link! fantastic! now ill have some sleepless night again..thanks!  thumbsup.gif

#10    Golden Hawk

Golden Hawk

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

• History is where you confuse the long since deceased
    And irritate the h**l out of the living.

Posted 23 September 2008 - 05:13 AM

Chokmah on Sep 17 2008, 09:15 AM, said:

OH BOY!!!! did you ask the right question w00t.gif .  I have been receiving and buying books on the paranormal since I was little.  The wonderful thing is that there are several authors who books are quite good.  I have listed authors below along with some titles.  Many have websites as well.  I have listed Dr. Hans Holzer as he was one of the best authors and, on a limited basis, still does research although he is pretty much retired.  Most of his books are reprints from books he wrote several years ago, however they are still wonderful to read.

TROY TAYLOR -
Author of about 70+ books on the paranormal, all of his books give the historical background of the hauntings as well as printed interviews with witnesses.  His work can be somewhat dry if you are not interested in such indepth historical research.  His webpage has Taylors books as well as books of other paranormal researchers on sale.     SCORE:  8-9 out of 10, depending on the book.  Website:  http://www.americanhauntings.org

MICHAEL NORMAN & BETH SCOTT -
Michael Norman has taught at the University of Wisconsin - River Falls for over twenty years and Chaired the the Department of Journalism.  Beth Scott was a full-time free lance writer for over twenty-five years, she died in 1994.  Their books are a must have for any paranormal researcher or reader.    SCORE:  10 out of 10 thumbsup.gif
TITLES:  (include) "Haunted America"   "Historic Haunted America",  as well as four other volumes.

MARY BETH SAMMONS & ROBERT EDWARDS  -
I have just found a book by these authors and really am impressed by their style.  I am still looking for more of their books for now I have one,  "CITY GHOSTS",  Sterling Publishing of NY, 2006.  I hope there will be more.  SCORE:  8 of 10

NANCY ROBERTS -
Wonderful author, very detailed in her writing.  Most of her books, to my knowledge, are out of print, but can be found through Barnes and Noble website.  there are ten books that I am familiar with, including "AMERICA'S MOST HAUNTED PLACES", "ANIMAL GHOST STORIES",  "NORTH CAROLINA GHOSTS", and "SOUTH CAROLINA GHOSTS".   SCORE:  9 out of 10

Keep looking on line, there are always books to be had, especially in the out-of-print area.

[/font] Golden Hawk

#11    Manananggal

Manananggal

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Location:Know your enemy and know yourself and in 100 battles you will never be in peril - Sun Tzu

• Introverts live in an extraverted conspiracy.

Arm yourself when the Frog God smiles.

What the winner don't know, the gambler understands.

Posted 01 October 2008 - 05:17 AM

My two personal favorites:

The Mothman Prophecies, by John A. Keel (worth checking out, don't associate it with the overproduced Hollywood movie)

Hunt for the Skinwalker, Colm Kelleher and George Knapp

I understand, I just don't care.

I Make Good Babies - my favorite shirt

"Those to whom the impossible has happened are forever vulnerable; the impossible may happen again at any time." - Norah Lofts, The Haunting of Gad's Hall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users