Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

And the pendulum swings back


  • Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#16    MasterPo

MasterPo

    Alien Abducter

  • Member
  • 4,975 posts
  • Joined:30 Dec 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Long Island, NY

  • So sue me....

Posted 19 September 2008 - 12:21 AM

BlindMessiah on Sep 18 2008, 08:07 PM, said:

You can always support a third party as I do. That is making your voice heard. Boycotting does nothing.


It's your right but a wasted vote. At best you'll definately get a candidate you don't want like Perot did to Bush/Clinton.


The Po File - As told to MasterPo by MasterPo

Have the courage to read it.

#17    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,066 posts
  • Joined:21 Dec 2007
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 19 September 2008 - 12:22 AM

Ah yes. Throwing away your vote. On one hand we can support someone we don't agree with furthering the problem, or we can make a tiny difference that will slowly, over generations, strengthen the third parties until one day our goals are achieved. People have the wrong mentality.


#18    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,066 posts
  • Joined:21 Dec 2007
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 19 September 2008 - 12:26 AM

MasterPo on Sep 19 2008, 01:21 AM, said:

It's your right but a wasted vote. At best you'll definately get a candidate you don't want like Perot did to Bush/Clinton.

It isn't wasted. It is making a difference over time. Neither candidate represents me and it is my duty to make my voice heard. If everyone started voting for who they truly believed in, the third parties would slowly get a voice. You don't have to see immediate results to make a difference.


#19    MasterPo

MasterPo

    Alien Abducter

  • Member
  • 4,975 posts
  • Joined:30 Dec 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Long Island, NY

  • So sue me....

Posted 19 September 2008 - 12:30 AM

As the country stands now a 3rd party candidate will never get nominated. Just won't happen. The closest that ever came was Perot and his running was a slap against Bush. Nader, Paul etc will never ever ever ever be nominated. That's just fact. Not slighting your right to support another candidate. But the reality is at this point in history the President will always be a Republican or Democrat. Not an independent or 3rd party. Just isn't going to happen.

Look at it like this: You're hungry. You go into the only deli for miles around. They only have fried pork rinds or mustard pretzels. You only choice is to pick one of those foods or go hungry. Complaining about your lack of choices will do no good.


The Po File - As told to MasterPo by MasterPo

Have the courage to read it.

#20    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,066 posts
  • Joined:21 Dec 2007
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 19 September 2008 - 12:34 AM

MasterPo on Sep 19 2008, 01:30 AM, said:

As the country stands now a 3rd party candidate will never get nominated. Just won't happen. The closest that ever came was Perot and his running was a slap against Bush. Nader, Paul etc will never ever ever ever be nominated. That's just fact. Not slighting your right to support another candidate. But the reality is at this point in history the President will always be a Republican or Democrat. Not an independent or 3rd party. Just isn't going to happen.

Half your statements are true and half are false. At this point in US history all of our presidents will be Republican or Democrat. However, if the third party movement continues to pick up momentum, five or six elections down the road, a third party candidate may win.


#21    MasterPo

MasterPo

    Alien Abducter

  • Member
  • 4,975 posts
  • Joined:30 Dec 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Long Island, NY

  • So sue me....

Posted 19 September 2008 - 12:38 AM

BlindMessiah on Sep 18 2008, 08:34 PM, said:

Half your statements are true and half are false. At this point in US history all of our presidents will be Republican or Democrat. However, if the third party movement continues to pick up momentum, five or six elections down the road, a third party candidate may win.


That's what people said in 1992 when Perot ran. Didn't go anywhere.

Maybe one day, when a 3rd party gets more than 20% of the popular vote then it will happen. But not when it's in the single digits.


The Po File - As told to MasterPo by MasterPo

Have the courage to read it.

#22    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,066 posts
  • Joined:21 Dec 2007
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 19 September 2008 - 12:44 AM

MasterPo on Sep 19 2008, 12:38 AM, said:

That's what people said in 1992 when Perot ran. Didn't go anywhere.

Maybe one day, when a 3rd party gets more than 20% of the popular vote then it will happen. But not when it's in the single digits.

Exactly. It'll take a long time. However, if I don't support that candidate, it won't happen.


#23    MasterPo

MasterPo

    Alien Abducter

  • Member
  • 4,975 posts
  • Joined:30 Dec 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Long Island, NY

  • So sue me....

Posted 19 September 2008 - 12:46 AM

BlindMessiah on Sep 18 2008, 08:44 PM, said:

Exactly. It'll take a long time. However, if I don't support that candidate, it won't happen.


That's fine. But don't cry in the interim. Or if it never happens.



The Po File - As told to MasterPo by MasterPo

Have the courage to read it.

#24    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,066 posts
  • Joined:21 Dec 2007
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 19 September 2008 - 12:51 AM

MasterPo on Sep 19 2008, 12:46 AM, said:

That's fine. But don't cry in the interim. Or if it never happens.

Two things. I can cry if I want to, I have every right. Also, I'm not sure why you'd even say that.


#25    MasterPo

MasterPo

    Alien Abducter

  • Member
  • 4,975 posts
  • Joined:30 Dec 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Long Island, NY

  • So sue me....

Posted 19 September 2008 - 12:54 AM

BlindMessiah on Sep 18 2008, 08:51 PM, said:

Two things. I can cry if I want to, I have every right.


If you do please keep it to yourself. original.gif

Quote

Also, I'm not sure why you'd even say that.


Explain


The Po File - As told to MasterPo by MasterPo

Have the courage to read it.

#26    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,066 posts
  • Joined:21 Dec 2007
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 19 September 2008 - 12:59 AM

MasterPo on Sep 19 2008, 01:54 AM, said:

If you do please keep it to yourself. original.gif

Once again, I don't have to do that.

Quote

Explain

I don't know why you would insinuate that I would.


#27    MasterPo

MasterPo

    Alien Abducter

  • Member
  • 4,975 posts
  • Joined:30 Dec 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Long Island, NY

  • So sue me....

Posted 19 September 2008 - 01:06 AM

BlindMessiah on Sep 18 2008, 08:59 PM, said:

I don't know why you would insinuate that I would.


I didn't mean you personally per se. grin2.gif


The Po File - As told to MasterPo by MasterPo

Have the courage to read it.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users