Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Top Republican says Palin unready

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#16    Aristocrates

Aristocrates

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

• A brother Seamus? Like an Irish monk?

Posted 20 September 2008 - 02:43 AM

IrishAidan on Sep 19 2008, 08:05 PM, said:

Then you can't believe anything he says.

So Biden is a plagiarist and someone who, as you just noted, obviously says things simply because they are politically convenient at the time. Someone I want a heart beat away from the Oval Office? Nope.

For the record, no politician is as perfect and benevolent as your standards would seem to suggest; not even Obama, and especially not McCain. And I think its safe to assume that, if vp, Sarah Palin is QUITE a few theoretical heartbeats closer to the presidency than Biden would be, which in theory should scare the hell out of every American. What point are you trying to make exactly?

If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic.

#17    Guardsman Bass

Guardsman Bass

Poltergeist

• 2,222 posts

• Don't spam me, but feel free to drop a line.

Posted 20 September 2008 - 02:44 AM

Startraveler on Sep 18 2008, 01:10 PM, said:

And a possible running mate of Michael Bloomberg. Lots of people have fantasies about him, apparently.

Same with Michael Bloomberg. Apparently people have a hard time getting past non-telegenic, independent "Republicans".

Although I suppose in Bloomberg's case he's proven fairly competent as Mayor of New York.

"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours." -Sir Charles Napier

"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."  — D.H. Lawrence

#18    Incorrigible1

Incorrigible1

Government Agent

• 3,393 posts

• Champanya?

Posted 20 September 2008 - 02:49 AM

IrishAidan on Sep 19 2008, 09:38 PM, said:

Another Hagel supporter. Amen. Love that guy.

I've had the pleasure of voting for him. He rankles many in-state Reps, yet, on the issues that truly matter to me, he's been gold. Sad to say, I believe he's retiring next time around.

If a nation values anything more than freedom, it will lose its freedom; and the irony of it is that if it is comfort or money that it values more, it will lose that too. -- W. Somerset Maugham
Posted Image

#19    IrishAidan07

IrishAidan07

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts

• If you can't describe what you are doing as a process, you don't know what you're doing.

Posted 20 September 2008 - 02:54 AM

Aristocrates on Sep 19 2008, 10:43 PM, said:

For the record, no politician is as perfect and benevolent as your standards would seem to suggest; not even Obama, and especially not McCain. And I think its safe to assume that, if vp, Sarah Palin is QUITE a few theoretical heartbeats closer to the presidency than Biden would be, which in theory should scare the hell out of every American. What point are you trying to make exactly?

How many of the above names - save Biden - have been accused of plagiarism...twice?

Yeah. That coupled with his double-talk is enough for me to despise him.

"There is not a Liberal America, a Conservative America, a Red America or Blue America, there is the United States of America." ~ Barack Obama

Posted Image

~~Irish~~

#20    Aristocrates

Aristocrates

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 03:10 AM

IrishAidan on Sep 19 2008, 10:54 PM, said:

How many of the above names - save Biden - have been accused of plagiarism...twice?

You're right, he's clearly a dumbass incapable of independent thought and judgment.

At least he's smart enough not to plagiarize from wikipedia

#21    IrishAidan07

IrishAidan07

Psychic Spy

• 1,681 posts

• If you can't describe what you are doing as a process, you don't know what you're doing.

Posted 20 September 2008 - 04:59 AM

You're right, he's clearly a dumbass incapable of independent thought and judgment.

At least he's smart enough not to plagiarize from wikipedia

O.K.

And the last part I am wondering where it came from, but I will -- Moki -- soon find out.  happy.gif

Who, exactly, plagiarized Wikipedia?

Edited by IrishAidan, 20 September 2008 - 05:02 AM.

"There is not a Liberal America, a Conservative America, a Red America or Blue America, there is the United States of America." ~ Barack Obama

Posted Image

~~Irish~~

#22    Startraveler

Startraveler

Fleet Captain

• 4,539 posts

• Knowledge Brings Fear.

Posted 20 September 2008 - 05:22 AM

And don't bring up the McCain flip-flops.

Biden's plagiarism incident was twenty years ago and you refer to incessantly. McCain will literally say something at 9 a.m. and then say the exact opposite thing by noon. He doesn't seem to know what he thinks, where he stands, or what he believes in anymore. Yet you don't want to talk about what's happening right now. You'd rather focus on 1988. Where was McCain in 1988? Oh right: hanging out with his pal Charles Keating (those were his pre-maverick days, I suppose). How's that deregulation stuff going again? Oops, polling seems to favor regulation these days. And so, suddenly, does John McCain.

#23    HKCavalier

HKCavalier

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 05:32 AM

IrishAidan on Sep 19 2008, 09:59 PM, said:

O.K.

And the last part I am wondering where it came from, but I will -- Moki -- soon find out.  happy.gif

Who, exactly, plagiarized Wikipedia?

There seem to be some significant gaps in your knowledge of McCain, Irish.  Might explain why you think so highly of him...

Edited by HKCavalier, 20 September 2008 - 05:32 AM.

#24    IrishAidan07

IrishAidan07

Psychic Spy

• 1,681 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 05:45 AM

Biden's plagiarism incident was twenty years ago and you refer to incessantly. McCain will literally say something at 9 a.m. and then say the exact opposite thing by noon. He doesn't seem to know what he thinks, where he stands, or what he believes in anymore. Yet you don't want to talk about what's happening right now. You'd rather focus on 1988. Where was McCain in 1988? Oh right: hanging out with his pal Charles Keating (those were his pre-maverick days, I suppose). How's that deregulation stuff going again? Oops, polling seems to favor regulation these days. And so, suddenly, does John McCain.

Obama & Biden don't flip-flop, at all? Is that what you are telling me?

I hope, God I do, you are telling me that.

And Biden is a dishonest schmuck - a charlatan. A disgusting cyst on the *** of humanity.

There seem to be some significant gaps in your knowledge of McCain, Irish. Might explain why you think so highly of him...

Well, Wikipedia is, you realize, an editable encyclopedia. I mean, could someone have put what McCain said in after the fact?

Edited by IrishAidan, 20 September 2008 - 05:47 AM.

Posted Image

~~Irish~~

#25    Aristocrates

Aristocrates

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 04:50 PM

IrishAidan on Sep 20 2008, 01:45 AM, said:

Well, Wikipedia is, you realize, an editable encyclopedia. I mean, could someone have put what McCain said in after the fact?

Although other media outlets reported the alleged plagiarism, the two passages below were dated at least one week prior to the Georgian and Russian crisis. The first two paragraphs of McCain's speech appear to resemble the Wikipedia article in the history dated July 24, 2008.

source

The text which McCain plagiarized (or 'used as a source') was apart of the wikipedia article at least 2 1/2 weeks prior to his speech (assuming it was given Aug. 11...I dont remember the date of the speech).
So no, the article was not changed to fit McCain's speech after the fact.

**edit: careless writing, lol

Edited by Aristocrates, 20 September 2008 - 06:06 PM.

#26    IrishAidan07

IrishAidan07

Psychic Spy

• 1,681 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 09:15 PM

Aristocrates on Sep 20 2008, 12:50 PM, said:

source

The text which McCain plagiarized (or 'used as a source') was apart of the wikipedia article at least 2 1/2 weeks prior to his speech (assuming it was given Aug. 11...I dont remember the date of the speech).
So no, the article was not changed to fit McCain's speech after the fact.

**edit: careless writing, lol

O.K.  Thanks for the source - I'll be checking into it more.

Posted Image

~~Irish~~

#27    Lt_Ripley

Lt_Ripley

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 20,036 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 05:42 AM

"I'm not sure what she brings to the ticket other than she's a woman and a conservative." –Sarah Palin's mother-in-law, Faye Palin, who said she may vote for Obama

"She's old enough. She's a U.S. citizen." --John Harris, Alaska's Republican speaker of the house, when asked about Palin's qualifications for vice president

about says it all. really. The debate ought to be lots of fun.

#28    Whangarei

Whangarei

Astral Projection

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

• "Don't be sorry, just improve."

Posted 21 September 2008 - 06:24 AM

Lt_Ripley on Sep 21 2008, 05:42 AM, said:

"I'm not sure what she brings to the ticket other than she's a woman and a conservative." –Sarah Palin's mother-in-law, Faye Palin, who said she may vote for Obama

"She's old enough. She's a U.S. citizen." --John Harris, Alaska's Republican speaker of the house, when asked about Palin's qualifications for vice president

about says it all. really. The debate ought to be lots of fun.

I am cringing in anticipation.   ph34r.gif

Seek peace, and pursue it.
http://nl.youtube.co...feature=related

#29    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 18,393 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 21 September 2008 - 08:58 AM

IrishAidan on Sep 20 2008, 03:54 AM, said:

Couple of questions for you, Irish.

Did Biden write the speech (for the second accusation of plagiarism), or was it written for him?

Do all politicians check the sources of their speechwriters?

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#30    IrishAidan07

IrishAidan07

Psychic Spy

• 1,681 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 09:38 AM

Leonardo on Sep 21 2008, 04:58 AM, said:

Couple of questions for you, Irish.

Did Biden write the speech (for the second accusation of plagiarism), or was it written for him?

Do all politicians check the sources of their speechwriters?

Well, my friend, if they don't then that is simply another reason they shouldn't be in office. After all, when I cast a vote for someone, I am casting it for that person - not their speechwriters, secretaries, et cetera...

Edited by IrishAidan, 21 September 2008 - 09:38 AM.

Posted Image

~~Irish~~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users