Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Web Designing

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1    Mysterious Glitch

Mysterious Glitch

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 09:21 PM

I need help with vertically aligning a table for a site that I'm creating. I'm trying to put the table on the bottom of the screen and hopefully have it stay there even when I scroll. Does anyone know how to do this, if so please let me know, thanks!

For those of you who believe, let me know your on our side...

#2    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 33,478 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 19 September 2008 - 09:39 PM

Mysterious Glitch on Sep 20 2008, 12:21 AM, said:

I need help with vertically aligning a table for a site that I'm creating. I'm trying to put the table on the bottom of the screen and hopefully have it stay there even when I scroll. Does anyone know how to do this, if so please let me know, thanks!

Put the table in a <div></div> division, and the property of the table as position:fixed. But careful, some IE variants have a bug that makes them not execute this property correctly.

See here for examples.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#3    Mysterious Glitch

Mysterious Glitch

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 10:03 PM

thanks, and by the way, nice pic!!!

#4    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,053 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 12:16 AM

Out of curiosity... what exactly are you designing that you need a fixed table that doesn't move when you scroll the page? I'm a Director of Usability for a company that builds Web-based applications and typically speaking, what you're attempting to do can either be used for good or evil when it comes to your users--most users hate page elements that don't do what they expect them to do.. ie, scroll with the page. So I was just curious.

"It's time for the American people to stand up and shrug off the shackles of our government at TSA at the airport"  Ron Paul

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

#5    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 33,478 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 20 September 2008 - 12:07 PM

MissMelsWell on Sep 20 2008, 03:16 AM, said:

Out of curiosity... what exactly are you designing that you need a fixed table that doesn't move when you scroll the page? I'm a Director of Usability for a company that builds Web-based applications and typically speaking, what you're attempting to do can either be used for good or evil when it comes to your users--most users hate page elements that don't do what they expect them to do.. ie, scroll with the page. So I was just curious.

A typical application is a link's menu that does not scroll with the page.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#6    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,053 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 01:38 PM

questionmark on Sep 20 2008, 05:07 AM, said:

A typical application is a link's menu that does not scroll with the page.

Which I've never seen do well in usability tests. I was just curious. And trust me, you would tend to think it would do well, but users hate those. It's amazing that they'd rather scroll back to the top of the page.

"It's time for the American people to stand up and shrug off the shackles of our government at TSA at the airport"  Ron Paul

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

#7    Mysterious Glitch

Mysterious Glitch

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 01:06 AM

MissMelsWell on Sep 19 2008, 05:16 PM, said:

Well I'm building a site for FBLA at my high school. But I'm good now unless there is something better than a div tag. Thanks!

#8    sam2008

sam2008

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 05:34 AM

Web page design is a process of conceptualization, planning, modeling, and execution of electronic media content delivery via Internet in the form of technologies (such as markup languages) suitable for interpretation and display by a web browser or other web-based graphical user interfaces.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users