Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 3 votes

The Phoenix Lights

• Please log in to reply
227 replies to this topic

#16    Vampwitchenstein

Vampwitchenstein

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 07:19 AM

For what it's worth, I believe this one was real.

Oh, here's some help...from the military (Pffft!)

FACEBOOK!
"I can only conclude it's something mental." ~Dr. Jack Seward/Bram Stokers Dracula

#17    Kipperphoenix

Kipperphoenix

Expert Procrastinator

• 1,293 posts

• I make blog entries with stupid jokes and post them to the internet.

Posted 21 September 2008 - 07:39 AM

Blondigeist on Sep 21 2008, 12:19 AM, said:

For what it's worth, I believe this one was real.

Oh, here's some help...from the military (Pffft!)

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Check out my paranormal news blog on Tumblr! TheParanormalBlog.Tumblr.com

#18    Kipperphoenix

Kipperphoenix

Expert Procrastinator

• 1,293 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 07:46 AM

SkepticalEd on Sep 20 2008, 02:54 PM, said:

Here we go again!  It was strictly and has been proven so that it was a military exercise resulting in the dropping of flares.  Nothing else and no one is going to be able to offer differing testimony since they won't be able to support anything else than flares.  But, look out, 'cause here they come!

If they were flares, they would not stay together in a V formation, they would scatter everywhere. Not only that, if they were flares, they would not go out, and then come back on seconds later. Once they go out, they go out. yes.gif

#19    Markissluv

Markissluv

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 182 posts

• God, Country and Rock Guitar!

Posted 21 September 2008 - 11:05 AM

Ok I did some research into this event myself. It seems there were two separate events happening. The "actual" sighting and the "staged" sighting by the government. I'm thinking the government had some top secret delta or V shaped craft they were testing. Either A- Unfortunately something went wrong with it and it strayed off course and was "exposed" to people they didn't want seeing this aircraft or B- They intentionally participate in blatant operations where they examine the public's reaction to having this thing flying over populated areas. Maybe they have installed a stealthy camouflage that ended up not working as they were testing it. Who knows. In any event, the government facilities that were involved with this saw the fault and came up with a quick solution. The solution was to stage an event that would confuse the actual occurrence from the staged one. Simple.

So they deployed some advanced sort of flares from behind the mountain range that slowly float down behind the mountain. Keep in mind these lights weren't even forming a V shape. There are videos where people compare those lights with a daylight picture of the mountain and the flares went out exactly where the mountain peak is located.

I believe it's safe to assume that there was a top secret possibly Stealth Blimp or other triangular/V/Delta shaped heavy lift vehicle of some sort being tested in the desert.

Edited by Markissluv, 21 September 2008 - 11:06 AM.

Visit my blog on faith here at www.truthandfaith.net!

#20    Robbo

Robbo

Psychic Spy

• 1,314 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 11:11 AM

Well cloaking technology is not confined to the realms of Star Trek anymore:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-49...-invisible.html

Of course the pic is just an interpretation...But if the UK can come up with this tech with their relatively low budgets, the USA could have already mastered and improved upon it.

Interesting to note that the Army is also working on a personal cloaking jacket....The SAS would love that!

"When you've done things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all" - God entity

#21    Scudbuster

Scudbuster

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

• "This Train will stop at Tucumcari"

Posted 21 September 2008 - 01:40 PM

SkepticalEd on Sep 20 2008, 05:54 PM, said:

Here we go again!  It was strictly and has been proven so that it was a military exercise resulting in the dropping of flares.  Nothing else and no one is going to be able to offer differing testimony since they won't be able to support anything else than flares.  But, look out, 'cause here they come!

As usual, Ed displays his bombastic attitude. They were NOT flares, and here's the proof by the experts themselves:

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=phoe...emb=0&aq=f#

#22    Alienated Being

Alienated Being

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 4,163 posts

• "The best way to predict the future is by inventing it."

"Record

Posted 21 September 2008 - 01:55 PM

Markissluv on Sep 21 2008, 08:05 AM, said:

Ok I did some research into this event myself. It seems there were two separate events happening. The "actual" sighting and the "staged" sighting by the government. I'm thinking the government had some top secret delta or V shaped craft they were testing. Either A- Unfortunately something went wrong with it and it strayed off course and was "exposed" to people they didn't want seeing this aircraft or B- They intentionally participate in blatant operations where they examine the public's reaction to having this thing flying over populated areas. Maybe they have installed a stealthy camouflage that ended up not working as they were testing it. Who knows. In any event, the government facilities that were involved with this saw the fault and came up with a quick solution. The solution was to stage an event that would confuse the actual occurrence from the staged one. Simple.

So they deployed some advanced sort of flares from behind the mountain range that slowly float down behind the mountain. Keep in mind these lights weren't even forming a V shape. There are videos where people compare those lights with a daylight picture of the mountain and the flares went out exactly where the mountain peak is located.

I believe it's safe to assume that there was a top secret possibly Stealth Blimp or other triangular/V/Delta shaped heavy lift vehicle of some sort being tested in the desert.

We are currently testing technology which renders the engine as being soundless. But, that doesn't mean that at that present time.... it was perfected to such a point where you could actually utilize it in air, especially with a craft so big (as witnesses described).

#23    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,443 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 21 September 2008 - 02:47 PM

I agree with Markissluv, I rather favour the explanation that the lights might have been a stealth blimp secret project that went off course (came too close to a populated area). The Phoenix lights are certainly a bit of a mystery .

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#24    Kipperphoenix

Kipperphoenix

Expert Procrastinator

• 1,293 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 05:54 PM

Lilly on Sep 21 2008, 07:47 AM, said:

I agree with Markissluv, I rather favour the explanation that the lights might have been a stealth blimp secret project that went off course (came too close to a populated area). The Phoenix lights are certainly a bit of a mystery .

A V shaped blimp would look weird in day-time.  laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

#25    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,265 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 08:08 PM

Paranormal spy on Sep 20 2008, 11:21 PM, said:

I found some pictures taken by people in phoenix.

linked-image

linked-image

There landing lights.

#26    SkepticalEd

SkepticalEd

Psychic Spy

• 1,384 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 10:00 PM

Paranormal spy on Sep 21 2008, 03:46 AM, said:

If they were flares, they would not stay together in a V formation, they would scatter everywhere. Not only that, if they were flares, they would not go out, and then come back on seconds later. Once they go out, they go out. yes.gif

So you're saying that you are an expert on every type of flare the various militrary branches use and you know for a fact which flares were used that night.  Yes?

Think for yourself.
Reach your own conclusions.
Seek truth, wherever it may lead you.
Hold no value higher than reason.

You cannot have a cult of individuals.

Anecdotes are not evidence.

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

#27    SkepticalEd

SkepticalEd

Psychic Spy

• 1,384 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 10:13 PM

Alienated Being on Sep 21 2008, 09:55 AM, said:

We are currently testing technology which renders the engine as being soundless. But, that doesn't mean that at that present time.... it was perfected to such a point where you could actually utilize it in air, especially with a craft so big (as witnesses described).

What "witnesses"?  The only real witnesses were the residents and friends of those occupying houses on the opposite hillsides.  No one living in Phoenix proper looked up and saw anything unusual.  Find me a Phoenix resident that looked up and saw the flares, I dare ya!

The videos that have made the news were all from those hillside dwellings looking towards the mountain range and the military exercise beyond the mountain peaks.  That's why you see each flare disappearing BEHIND each respective mountain peak.  Anyone says different they don't know what they're talking about and, as usual, do not rely on evidence.  They're just spouting.

Think for yourself.

#28    SkepticalEd

SkepticalEd

Psychic Spy

• 1,384 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 10:17 PM

Lilly on Sep 21 2008, 10:47 AM, said:

Geeuz, why not rely on the available evidence that is out there for all to see instead of creating something unsupportable with evidence?!  It was a military exercise using certain military planes dropping certain military flares.  Why is this not accepted?  Besides, as I said, one of the videos shows airplane strobe lights in the distance.

By taking your stance you are saying that respected pilots and spokespeople are liars!

And there is NO mystery save that preferred by those who have a hard time accepting prosaic explanations.

Edited by SkepticalEd, 21 September 2008 - 10:18 PM.

Think for yourself.

#29    Syntax

Syntax

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

• The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves, that we are underlings

Posted 21 September 2008 - 10:58 PM

I highly recommend a book on this subject by J Allen Hynek called Night Siege about the Hudson Valley UFo sightings...

it may seem off topic, but the phenomenology of the sightings was the same as the Phoenix Lights:

http://www.ufocasebook.com/Hudsonvalley.html
http://www.amazon.com/Night-Siege-Hudson-V...s/dp/156718362X

of course the book has far more extensive sightings than the ufocasebook website provided.

After reading it I was amazed at the similarity of the sightings, particularly regarding the size and shape of the craft. It seems an unexplainable series of events in 1981 - 1986 came back to haunt us once more in 1997.

Amazingly however the Hudson Valley sightings were authenitcated by thousands of witnesses who came forward, including law enformcement officers and members of local air traffic control.

“You’ve never heard of the Millennium Falcon? … It’s the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs.”
Twitter me - http://twitter.com/whoissyntax

#30    Zecon

Zecon

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 11:09 PM

Does the US usualy drop flares over citys?

Edited by Zecon, 21 September 2008 - 11:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users