Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * - 3 votes

The Phoenix Lights


  • Please log in to reply
227 replies to this topic

#166    Alienated Being

Alienated Being

    Government Agent

  • Banned
  • 4,163 posts
  • Joined:03 Sep 2006

  • "The best way to predict the future is by inventing it."

    "Record

Posted 04 October 2008 - 08:50 PM

makaya325 on Oct 4 2008, 11:06 AM, said:

what about it being a stealth blimp?

What would it be doing over a large city such as Phoenix?


#167    Never Here

Never Here

    Paranormal Investigator

  • Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts
  • Joined:25 Jun 2007

Posted 04 October 2008 - 10:19 PM

Well i decided to just call up jpaerospace,and find out the whole truth.Left my message,and two hr's later i got a call from the owner/founder John Powell.So,im ready to eat some crow and a side of humble pie.You were correct supercar,and i was wrong.(i was the one off by a mile!)It IS 175 feet long.Now,im never one to shy away from the truth,and i do apoligize for being so adamit,but the pdf is what had me fooled.That is my only defence.Im glad i called though.Mr. Powell was very pleasent to speak with.I told him how i had said the Ascender 175 was 6,000 feet long(DOH!) and that i had been on a forum saying just that.After talking about all the plans for the future,(i gotta say,this guy is a true visionary) i was amazed at the stuff they have going on.So far,99 flight's under thier belt,and they will have the 6,000 foot model done by 2014.We talked about the space station he wants to build(it will be like a space port) and we also touched on some opinion's about the phoenix lights.He has been in busines for 20 year's,and has a lot of experience with all this stuff.(it is his life,and he love's it,you can tell.)Anyway the Airforce took a big intrest in his V shaped craft,and seeing it they probably "borrowed" his idea,(this is just speculation,because i cant say for sure what the airforce does) but the general consensus is that they built thier own version of his ship,and flew it out of that area.A much larger version,to be sure.But anyway,there is so much to discuss about all this,it would take forever.Or fill a book.Wich btw,Mr.Powell has written one,called Floating to space the airship to orbit program.Im thinking im going to pick up a copy,as it is a very intresting subject,and i wanna know more.He did say that when they fly the 175,they get people calling saying that a U.F.O. 3 times the size of a football field was in the air!From the ground it must be hard to judge size,so it must be quiet a sight to see!Well,anyway i just wanted you to know you right,me wrong.You might wanna consider the airforce version could be making those people think they are looking at something other-worldly.......Oh,on a side note,i have never even looked at the thread"best evidence for aliens on earth" and mocking people i just don't do.I just thought i was right,that's all.

Edited by Never Here, 04 October 2008 - 10:43 PM.


#168    electrafixtion

electrafixtion

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 90 posts
  • Joined:19 Aug 2008

Posted 05 October 2008 - 02:22 AM

Never Here on Oct 4 2008, 06:19 PM, said:

Well i decided to just call up jpaerospace,and find out the whole truth.Left my message,and two hr's later i got a call from the owner/founder John Powell.So,im ready to eat some crow and a side of humble pie.You were correct supercar,and i was wrong.(i was the one off by a mile!)It IS 175 feet long.Now,im never one to shy away from the truth,and i do apoligize for being so adamit,but the pdf is what had me fooled.That is my only defence.Im glad i called though.Mr. Powell was very pleasent to speak with.I told him how i had said the Ascender 175 was 6,000 feet long(DOH!) and that i had been on a forum saying just that.After talking about all the plans for the future,(i gotta say,this guy is a true visionary) i was amazed at the stuff they have going on.So far,99 flight's under thier belt,and they will have the 6,000 foot model done by 2014.We talked about the space station he wants to build(it will be like a space port) and we also touched on some opinion's about the phoenix lights.He has been in busines for 20 year's,and has a lot of experience with all this stuff.(it is his life,and he love's it,you can tell.)Anyway the Airforce took a big intrest in his V shaped craft,and seeing it they probably "borrowed" his idea,(this is just speculation,because i cant say for sure what the airforce does) but the general consensus is that they built thier own version of his ship,and flew it out of that area.A much larger version,to be sure.But anyway,there is so much to discuss about all this,it would take forever.Or fill a book.Wich btw,Mr.Powell has written one,called Floating to space the airship to orbit program.Im thinking im going to pick up a copy,as it is a very intresting subject,and i wanna know more.He did say that when they fly the 175,they get people calling saying that a U.F.O. 3 times the size of a football field was in the air!From the ground it must be hard to judge size,so it must be quiet a sight to see!Well,anyway i just wanted you to know you right,me wrong.You might wanna consider the airforce version could be making those people think they are looking at something other-worldly.......Oh,on a side note,i have never even looked at the thread"best evidence for aliens on earth" and mocking people i just don't do.I just thought i was right,that's all.



wow! Extremely admirable post IMHO. The perspective thing toward the end concerning other's observations of the balloon is indeed fascinating. Great stuff and thanks for the leg/phone work.


#169    Kipperphoenix

Kipperphoenix

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
  • Joined:19 Aug 2008
  • Gender:Male

Posted 05 October 2008 - 05:46 PM

Cold. on Oct 4 2008, 01:50 PM, said:

What would it be doing over a large city such as Phoenix?


That would be a big mess up for the military. yes.gif


#170    makaya325

makaya325

    Government Agent

  • Banned
  • 3,716 posts
  • Joined:22 Jan 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:long island, new york

  • uncle phil: geoffrey, fetch me my tools

    geoffrey: you mean your knife and fork, sir?

Posted 05 October 2008 - 05:47 PM

lights in the sky=lights in the sky

lights in the sky=alien craft=wrong


#171    electrafixtion

electrafixtion

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 90 posts
  • Joined:19 Aug 2008

Posted 05 October 2008 - 09:43 PM

makaya325 on Oct 5 2008, 01:47 PM, said:

lights in the sky=lights in the sky

lights in the sky=alien craft=wrong


People that post on the Internet trying their best to lure individuals into needless confrontation = Trolls


Instead of being needlessly trite & typical, why not offer a proposed reasonable assertion and leave it at that? If you thinks the Phoenix lights are flares, that's fine. If people want to believe they were Santa Claus caught in a time warp, that's fine. If you cannot PROVE conclusively what the Phoenix lights were, your position is no more scientifically valid.  



#172    makaya325

makaya325

    Government Agent

  • Banned
  • 3,716 posts
  • Joined:22 Jan 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:long island, new york

  • uncle phil: geoffrey, fetch me my tools

    geoffrey: you mean your knife and fork, sir?

Posted 05 October 2008 - 09:59 PM

electrafixtion on Oct 5 2008, 10:43 PM, said:

People that post on the Internet trying their best to lure individuals into needless confrontation = Trolls


Instead of being needlessly trite & typical, why not offer a proposed reasonable assertion and leave it at that? If you thinks the Phoenix lights are flares, that's fine. If people want to believe they were Santa Claus caught in a time warp, that's fine. If you cannot PROVE conclusively what the Phoenix lights were, your position is no more scientifically valid.


im not trying to be a troll, im offering logic. people who equal lights in sky to aliens is pseudo science and bad logic. if you want to convince the skeptics, provide better evidence than a video. provide physical material!

the burden of proof is on the claimant, not the skeptic


#173    electrafixtion

electrafixtion

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 90 posts
  • Joined:19 Aug 2008

Posted 05 October 2008 - 10:33 PM

makaya325 on Oct 5 2008, 05:59 PM, said:

im not trying to be a troll, im offering logic. people who equal lights in sky to aliens is pseudo science and bad logic. if you want to convince the skeptics, provide better evidence than a video. provide physical material!

the burden of proof is on the claimant, not the skeptic



The last sentence is where we can come to a sensible and indeed intelligent conclusion. The burden of proof my friend (I apologize if I seem like a dick) is always on those ho refute or complain about an original claim. Seem unfair? That's because the term and phrase are being used outside the context in which they were intended. "The Burden of Proof" is a legal term used in matters that are legal in nature. Unexplained phenomenon is not a legal situation or context. What we are are doing is offering speculative hypothesis. In fact what we are doing is just throwing around ideas. It can be a very intelligent opportunity to stretch what is ultimately the most important and potential ingredient in science. The imagination. A skilled imagination is the gateway to scientific reason.

This is a most synchronous consideration seeing as how I am about to pop in the Phoenix Lights DVD for the first time in just a few minutes. Netflix has a wonderful array of Unexplained Phenomenon DVDs including the new "The Secret of Nikola Tesla which is at the top of my queue and enduring a "short wait" until I am able to view it. (boo frickin' hoo!)




#174    makaya325

makaya325

    Government Agent

  • Banned
  • 3,716 posts
  • Joined:22 Jan 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:long island, new york

  • uncle phil: geoffrey, fetch me my tools

    geoffrey: you mean your knife and fork, sir?

Posted 05 October 2008 - 11:20 PM

electrafixtion on Oct 5 2008, 10:33 PM, said:

The last sentence is where we can come to a sensible and indeed intelligent conclusion. The burden of proof my friend (I apologize if I seem like a dick) is always on those ho refute or complain about an original claim. Seem unfair? That's because the term and phrase are being used outside the context in which they were intended. "The Burden of Proof" is a legal term used in matters that are legal in nature. Unexplained phenomenon is not a legal situation or context. What we are are doing is offering speculative hypothesis. In fact what we are doing is just throwing around ideas. It can be a very intelligent opportunity to stretch what is ultimately the most important and potential ingredient in science. The imagination. A skilled imagination is the gateway to scientific reason.

This is a most synchronous consideration seeing as how I am about to pop in the Phoenix Lights DVD for the first time in just a few minutes. Netflix has a wonderful array of Unexplained Phenomenon DVDs including the new "The Secret of Nikola Tesla which is at the top of my queue and enduring a "short wait" until I am able to view it. (boo frickin' hoo!)


its pretty easy. look up ufo misidentifications, and u would find a boat load of mundande explanations other than alien craft


#175    Kipperphoenix

Kipperphoenix

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
  • Joined:19 Aug 2008
  • Gender:Male

Posted 08 October 2008 - 07:06 PM

Thanks to everyone who posted their opinions and facts. If anyone has anymore info please post. Thanks! thumbsup.gif

Edited by Paranormal spy, 08 October 2008 - 07:07 PM.


#176    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

    Heatseeker

  • Member
  • 11,960 posts
  • Joined:19 Dec 2003
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Avengers Tower

Posted 08 October 2008 - 07:14 PM

Has anyone ever heard of a 'chain bomb'? I was talking to someone the other day that offered that as an explanation. Google failed me. Or I failed it. I don't know.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#177    ravergirl

ravergirl

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,850 posts
  • Joined:05 Dec 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:texas

  • OPEN your EYES

Posted 08 October 2008 - 07:15 PM

I haven't heard of this before I just pulled it up because "Phoenix Lights" sounds very intriguing. I would love if it weren't flares.

I am theNON-SEQUITUR-ER

#178    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

    Heatseeker

  • Member
  • 11,960 posts
  • Joined:19 Dec 2003
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Avengers Tower

Posted 08 October 2008 - 07:17 PM

ravergirl on Oct 8 2008, 08:15 PM, said:

I haven't heard of this before I just pulled it up because "Phoenix Lights" sounds very intriguing. I would love if it weren't flares.


They weren't flares.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#179    ravergirl

ravergirl

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,850 posts
  • Joined:05 Dec 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:texas

  • OPEN your EYES

Posted 08 October 2008 - 07:19 PM

Sweetpumper on Oct 8 2008, 02:17 PM, said:

They weren't flares.



what were they?

I am theNON-SEQUITUR-ER

#180    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

    Heatseeker

  • Member
  • 11,960 posts
  • Joined:19 Dec 2003
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Avengers Tower

Posted 08 October 2008 - 07:21 PM

ravergirl on Oct 8 2008, 08:19 PM, said:

what were they?


That's the million dollar question, ravergirl.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users