Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 3 votes

The Phoenix Lights

• Please log in to reply
227 replies to this topic

#211    Alienated Being

Alienated Being

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 4,163 posts

• "The best way to predict the future is by inventing it."

"Record

Posted 17 October 2008 - 01:27 AM

Scudbuster on Oct 16 2008, 10:11 PM, said:

The major leagues start spring training in both Arizona and Florida in February - so I'm sure there are plenty of baseball games going on at every level during March in these locales.

I just do not see how that holds any relevance to the situation at hand. We have unknown lights hovering silently over the city of Phoenix, Arizona. We are not certain as to what they were (though I think that they were ET), but I doubt that it had any association with a baseball game. If it did, then I would be left to question how come nobody had a proper identification for said object? If it were part of a baseball game, then it would've obviously been seen before... and an official explanation would've come forth from the organization maintaining said event.

#212    NigelTM

NigelTM

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 01:40 AM

Cold. on Oct 16 2008, 09:27 PM, said:

I just do not see how that holds any relevance to the situation at hand. We have unknown lights hovering silently over the city of Phoenix, Arizona. We are not certain as to what they were (though I think that they were ET), but I doubt that it had any association with a baseball game. If it did, then I would be left to question how come nobody had a proper identification for said object? If it were part of a baseball game, then it would've obviously been seen before... and an official explanation would've come forth from the organization maintaining said event.

You're misunderstanding my post. I'm not saying in any way the lights/objects/event had anything to do with a baseball game. I'm trying to determine what time the game was, because the claim was people attending the game saw it (that's the little league game LisaMarie327 was talking about). If many people saw it, it would make sense they reported it. I couldn't find anything online in the local Chandler news, so all I'm trying to do is get some details.

#213    Alienated Being

Alienated Being

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 4,163 posts

• "The best way to predict the future is by inventing it."

"Record

Posted 17 October 2008 - 01:50 AM

NigelTM on Oct 16 2008, 10:40 PM, said:

You're misunderstanding my post. I'm not saying in any way the lights/objects/event had anything to do with a baseball game. I'm trying to determine what time the game was, because the claim was people attending the game saw it (that's the little league game LisaMarie327 was talking about). If many people saw it, it would make sense they reported it. I couldn't find anything online in the local Chandler news, so all I'm trying to do is get some details.

Ah, okay - my mistake. Please forgive my impulsive behaviour, I should have read through the last page or so. My mistake.

#214    NigelTM

NigelTM

Psychic Spy

• 1,314 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 02:01 AM

Cold. on Oct 16 2008, 09:50 PM, said:

Ah, okay - my mistake. Please forgive my impulsive behaviour, I should have read through the last page or so. My mistake.

Not a problem. I've certainly done the same thing often enough!  wink2.gif

#215    Kipperphoenix

Kipperphoenix

Expert Procrastinator

• 1,293 posts

• I make blog entries with stupid jokes and post them to the internet.

Posted 17 October 2008 - 02:47 AM

LisaMarie327 on Oct 16 2008, 04:17 PM, said:

I am new to this board, but once I saw the post on The Phoenix Lights, I had to respond.  I live in Chandler, Arizona and I personally saw the lights.  And I can tell you, they were no flares as they lasted brightly in the night sky for a long, long time.  And no smoke.  One thing you all need to understand is that the footage of the lights that were shot above the mountain area in Phoenix, the footage that 'they' are claiming are flares, is NOT what the big fuss was really about.  Yes, there were lights hovering above the mountains for an extended period of time that night.  No, they were NOT flares, by the way.  My brother is a pilot in the Air Force and he laughed when I showed him the footage of the so-called flares.  He said that there is no way possible that those were flares dropped by the military.  But, I digress....my point is that the real show on that night was not the lights above the mountain.  There were a minimum of three crafts that were seen by hundreds, if not thousands of the residents here.  Each craft was approximately a mile long, they estimate.  You could see the stars through the craft, kind of like looking through a glass of water.  And they were silent.  Completely silent.  The crafts followed I-10 all the way from Phoenix down to Tucson and back again.  There were cars stopped all up and down the highway, with people out of the cars, staring at these crafts.  One of these crafts (a smaller one, from what I understand) went directly over Chandler in an absolute North-South direction.  It was seen by not only me, but an entire baseball field of people.  The Little League Game that was going on here in Chandler that night was actually stopped while everyone observed this sight.  The strange thing about the sightings that night is that not one person had the feeling of fear.  Everyone had an absolute feeling of peace, if that's possible.  Not what one would expect in a situation like that.  By the way...one thing worth noting....the night that this all happened was the night that we were all paying extra attention to the night sky due to the appearance of a comet, Hale-Bop perhaps?  I can't really remember.  It almost seems like that night was chosen for this sighting because more people would be paying attention.  So..when you hear talk of the Phoenix Lights, please remember that the real show that night is the part that no one seems to ever bring up...the mile-long crafts that strolled down our freeway and back.  Why is that never mentioned?[

I can't thank you enough for that story, you have helped in a tremendous way! grin2.gif original.gif grin2.gif original.gif

Check out my paranormal news blog on Tumblr! TheParanormalBlog.Tumblr.com

#216    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,421 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 01:05 PM

Welcome: Lisa Marie327 to the Wild and Crazy world of Unexplained Mysteries,And all that goes with it! You will need a strong perseverance and attitude for this place I agree with you on the Lights, also maybe they just love to watch a Baseball game? Its really hard to see the sky if your inside a ball park with the lights on so they must do this a lot. Well Keep postin! Nice to see new people in here!justDONTEATUS cool.gif

Edited by DONTEATUS, 17 October 2008 - 01:06 PM.

This is a Work in Progress!

#217    Kipperphoenix

Kipperphoenix

Expert Procrastinator

• 1,293 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 10:30 PM

I think we can all agree that they were not flares. original.gif

#218    Kipperphoenix

Kipperphoenix

Expert Procrastinator

• 1,293 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 08:39 AM

I want to thank everyone for their help, I really appreciate it. original.gif

#219    Kipperphoenix

Kipperphoenix

Expert Procrastinator

• 1,293 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 03:55 AM

Did anyone see the UFO hunters episode about the phoenix lights?

#220    Scudbuster

Scudbuster

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

• "This Train will stop at Tucumcari"

Posted 21 December 2008 - 12:11 PM

Fell on Dec 20 2008, 11:55 PM, said:

Did anyone see the UFO hunters episode about the phoenix lights?

No, didn't catch it.  Is it available on YouTube or somewhere?

#221    Kipperphoenix

Kipperphoenix

Expert Procrastinator

• 1,293 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 04:34 PM

Scudbuster on Dec 21 2008, 05:11 AM, said:

No, didn't catch it.  Is it available on YouTube or somewhere?

I think it is on history channel.com

#222    fireinthesky

fireinthesky

Apparition

• Closed
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 10:29 AM

The Phoenix Lights that was shown on CNN, the famous lights in a horizontal semi-circle were done by the airforce. LUU-4/B flares are what's shown in the CNN footage & primarily what the general public think of when they hear about the Phoenix Lights. The truth of the matter is that the locals saw a huge V shaped object travelling low & silently. After the reports flooded in, the local airforce dispatched a large amount of LUU-4/B flares to cover what people were reporting. This kind of behaviour & the consistent amounts of UFO sightings in that particular vicinity indicate a terrestrial origin in my opinion. Extremely experimental craft. Above top secret kind of experimental. If it was alien then I don't see why the local airforce would dispatch flares to cover it up unless they were complicit in the event.

#223    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,629 posts

• space debris, decided to evolve and become us!

Posted 12 February 2011 - 01:39 PM

natgeo is airing a documentary on the subject....

http://natgeotv.com/...os/ufo-invasion

here is the link to the german version on youtube...

My link

#224    Ignus Fatuus

Ignus Fatuus

Poltergeist

• 2,678 posts

• Republicans and Democrats and Satan oh my!!!

Posted 12 February 2011 - 07:56 PM

They are the same as the Marfa Lights .. the Brownsville Lights and the Booger Fairies here.

#225    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,575 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 08:19 PM

View PostMakaveIi, on 12 February 2011 - 06:56 PM, said:

Flares...flares my ****.

Where was the aircraft sound? the smoke trails? many witnessed a HUGH v shaped objects hovering above the city with NO SOUND! this object was also reported back in the early 80's.

skeptics are grasping for straws...primitive scared beings they are.
You can't see smoke in the dark...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users