Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 3 votes

The Phoenix Lights

• Please log in to reply
227 replies to this topic

#76    Kipperphoenix

Kipperphoenix

Expert Procrastinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts

• I make blog entries with stupid jokes and post them to the internet.

Posted 23 September 2008 - 12:13 AM

WARRIOR FOR THE LIGHT on Sep 22 2008, 02:27 PM, said:

This was how they appeared to me too... The Mcdowell mountain range was in the backround.. only they were straight across in a line, not with uneven heightd or apparent decending motion such as this pic shows....

The flares that the army uses have a self detonatling system which open at a pre determined height and then decend... so one would see the flare coming in a downward motion.

Could you tell us a little bit of your sighting?  hmm.gif

Check out my paranormal news blog on Tumblr! TheParanormalBlog.Tumblr.com

#77    Kipperphoenix

Kipperphoenix

Expert Procrastinator

• 1,293 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 12:18 AM

SkepticalEd on Sep 22 2008, 03:08 PM, said:

Lost interest, useless to continue.

Believers do not need evidence, they're stuck in a belief rut.

Thank "god" I'm not a believer; worthless.

Moving on.  sleep.gif  I would still like to hear from sceptics on what else it could be. thumbsup.gif

P.S. Thank "god"! What exactly is that suppose to mean. mad.gif hmm.gif

Edited by Paranormal spy, 23 September 2008 - 01:03 AM.

#78    They're Here

They're Here

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 303 posts

• Don't like the look of it.
    Don't like the taste of it.
    Don't like the smell of it.
    I want to watch it come down.

Posted 23 September 2008 - 12:51 AM

Lilly, that link you gave (space.com) was from 2002, and it was using information from NIDS. In 2004 NIDS released a new report that you might be interested in.

#79    raoulduke666

raoulduke666

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

• "...many are so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to defend it" Morpheus "The Matrix"

Posted 23 September 2008 - 01:07 AM

Lost interest, useless to continue.

Believers do not need evidence, they're stuck in a belief rut.

Thank "god" I'm not a believer; worthless.

Good riddance I say.  At least we have some skeptics who actually have an open mind to the sighting.  Oh I forgot, our opinion's don't matter.  You are the Ufology expert here and all of our opinions are irrelevant to the discussion.  And as far as evidence, we have presented it.   Showing that more than likely it "probably" was not flares.  What have you seriously contributed except ridicule?  I think your stuck in a skeptic rut!

Edited by raoulduke666, 23 September 2008 - 01:11 AM.

Posted Image

"We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, fear of getting down-sized or fired because of the plunging economy, fear of getting evicted for bad debts or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer." -Hunter S. Thompson-

#80    Alienated Being

Alienated Being

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 4,163 posts

• "The best way to predict the future is by inventing it."

"Record

Posted 23 September 2008 - 01:11 AM

After doing a bit of thinking, I am slightly confused. What would flares (which were routine) be doing descending over a city? Last I had heard, the flares were dispatched from the warthog over a mountainous region... yet, we see them hovering clear as day over a huge city. if these lights were so routine, then I highly doubt that this would have been mistaken for ET phenomenon - individuals would have clearly experienced these flares before.

#81    supercar

supercar

Psychic Spy

• 2,116 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 01:14 AM

raoulduke666 on Sep 22 2008, 08:07 PM, said:

What have you seriously contributed except ridicule?

Exactly. Check out this editorial from the Philadelphia Inquirer about message board bullies:

Posted on Thu, Sep. 18, 2008

ON THE WEB, ANONYMITY BREEDS CONTEMPT
By Karen Heller
Philadelphia Inquirer Columnist

The Internet is the most marvelous advancement in modern life. Due to seismic advances in information technology, now any fool can instantly become a public one. Nasty, angry, name-calling bullies have come to dominate posts on valuable Internet real estate, transforming sites into Superfund locations of negativity by attracting like-minded wretches. There is a vast difference between freedom of expression and the smearing of every vapid impulse all over the Internet, though the latter activity appears to prevail. The blogosphere has long been host to snarky blogs practicing schadenfreude, which at least requires wit and knowledge. Many posts reveal neither. "Local Idiot to Post Comment on Internet," the satirical Web site The Onion quipped. Its fictional blogger brags that his post will be "an astonishing combination of ignorance, offensiveness, and sheer idiocy." Alas, some real sites are cruder than fiction. News sites like Philly.com require registration but not online identification. Some regular posters believe anonymity is license to unleash noxious behavior they would never exhibit with friends and family.

A SEWER RUNS THROUGH IT

A dirty dozen can command a site. The blog "Philadelphia Will Do" has noted that Philly.com is among the most racist sites in the region, due to the verbal waste of our posters. These mental giants post before they think, if they think at all. They delight in sheer puerile destruction, tearing down whatever stands in their path, ripping to shreds anyone who disagrees with them. Consider "beetlejuice": Lets talk about lipstick. I think you would look marvelous in a pastel shade of PINK!!!!! As in commie pinko you left wing juggernaut of female ovarian opinions and perceptions. Or this wag: I only hope that one day you realize the joy of scandolous lies being broadcast about you and your whole family on every media source available. . . . PLEASE, PLEASE let it happen to you. Honestly, it's readers like this who make the job so fulfilling.

POSTER CHILDREN

Themes emerge. Comments devolve quickly into Us vs. Them. Them: Stupid, wrong. Us? Brilliant, infallible. Name-calling commences, coupled with charges of elitism, possibly because the people they attack hold jobs, pay taxes. Screed devolves quickly into defamation of character and looks, especially if the author or subject is female. From there, it's a hop, skip and some spit to name distortion of the fifth-grade variety. Finally, remarks embrace the primordial sludge of isms - racism, sexism, and every other weed-variety hatred - even if there's no connection between invective and subject. Web readers can report abuse, but it may take hours to get a sour post removed. To patrol the site adequately might require a virtual police state. The Internet has been praised as the ultimate democratic form of expression, free and open to all, a blessing. But if comments descend daily into Lord of the Flies, what good are the messages? How is democracy served? Isn't the intent to open spaces like Philly.com to thoughtful, intelligent and robust debate? Vicious posts do the opposite, sliming everything in their wake. "We are blessed to be living in an age when we have a global communications network in which idiots," The Onion only sort of joked, "can come together to give instant feedback in an unfettered and unmonitored online environment. What better way to take advantage of this incredible technology than to log on to the Internet and insult a complete stranger?" I have a recurring thought: To unmask the anonymous derelicts, then make them read their posts out loud. To their mothers. It's just a thought, but a girl can dream.

Source

#82    Kipperphoenix

Kipperphoenix

Expert Procrastinator

• 1,293 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 01:14 AM

If they were flares, they could not lasted the long distance they floated, and the air force would not a dropped flares over or close to the city. yes.gif

#83    Alienated Being

Alienated Being

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 4,163 posts

"Record

Posted 23 September 2008 - 01:16 AM

Paranormal spy on Sep 22 2008, 10:14 PM, said:

If they were flares, they could not lasted the long distance they floated, and the air force would not a dropped flares over or close to the city. yes.gif

My sentiments exactly. I just don't know what to believe, however. I am not entirely convinced that it was ET... I am not sure what it was. I would like to know. I hope some military confirmation is put forward with regards to the Phoenix Lights. original.gif

#84    Kipperphoenix

Kipperphoenix

Expert Procrastinator

• 1,293 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 01:18 AM

raoulduke666 on Sep 22 2008, 06:07 PM, said:

Good riddance I say.  At least we have some skeptics who actually have an open mind to the sighting.  Oh I forgot, our opinion's don't matter.  You are the Ufology expert here and all of our opinions are irrelevant to the discussion.  And as far as evidence, we have presented it.   Showing that more than likely it "probably" was not flares.  What have you seriously contributed except ridicule?  I think your stuck in a skeptic rut!

Believers and skeptics both need to have open minds so they can come to conclusion in the end. Without an open mind, no one will listen to you. Well said raoulduke666. original.gif

#85    Kipperphoenix

Kipperphoenix

Expert Procrastinator

• 1,293 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 01:21 AM

Cold. on Sep 22 2008, 06:16 PM, said:

My sentiments exactly. I just don't know what to believe, however. I am not entirely convinced that it was ET... I am not sure what it was. I would like to know. I hope some military confirmation is put forward with regards to the Phoenix Lights. original.gif

I agree, its hard to decide. Saying it is ET seems to far-fetched, and yet, flares just don't does not seem to be the right answer. I hope the military will one day tell the truth. original.gif

Edited by Paranormal spy, 23 September 2008 - 01:22 AM.

#86    raoulduke666

raoulduke666

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

• "...many are so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to defend it" Morpheus "The Matrix"

Posted 23 September 2008 - 02:25 AM

Believers and skeptics both need to have open minds so they can come to conclusion in the end. Without an open mind, no one will listen to you. Well said raoulduke666.

Thanks, I REALLY had to get that out of my system! Anywhoo...yea I myself am skeptical towards the whole sighting.  IMO, I just can't see how they were flares.  Now again I am not denying the possibility whatsoever!   Heck I was intrigued  when Markissluv posted the link to the video about the lights just being behind the city and just descending behind the mountains, but then supercar posted the pic with the lights in front of the mountains!  So, who knows really knows after seeing that LOL!  

The biggest reasons why I believe they were not flares like most of us rest...

-no sound with an aircraft dropping the flares
-no smoke trailing the flares decent or a parachute.  Without a parachute, I would imagine the flares descending ALOT quicker?
-flares going out then lighting back up again? I have never seen that before so if anyone has a video, I would LOVE to see!

And Captain Zim posted about a flare lasting five minutes before going out, and clearly the lights were active for at least two hours! If its not Extraterrestrial then our military must have some type of top secret flare technology or something.  cool.gif

Edited by raoulduke666, 23 September 2008 - 02:38 AM.

Posted Image

"We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, fear of getting down-sized or fired because of the plunging economy, fear of getting evicted for bad debts or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer." -Hunter S. Thompson-

#87    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 15,391 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 23 September 2008 - 12:12 PM

raoulduke666 on Sep 23 2008, 03:25 AM, said:

...If its not Extraterrestrial then our military must have some type of top secret flare technology or something.  cool.gif

So, our choices are ET, or top secret flares? Don't you think that's just a bit of a false dilemma? The Phoenix lights event could be a combination of several of the things we've already considered: planes in formation, flares, black ops aircraft; or something we've yet to even consider, atmospheric abnormalities, or a shift in the nature of time/space (sorry, too much Dr. Who there). Basically, we just don't know.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#88    Alienated Being

Alienated Being

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 4,163 posts

"Record

Posted 23 September 2008 - 02:24 PM

Lilly on Sep 23 2008, 09:12 AM, said:

So, our choices are ET, or top secret flares? Don't you think that's just a bit of a false dilemma? The Phoenix lights event could be a combination of several of the things we've already considered: planes in formation, flares, black ops aircraft; or something we've yet to even consider, atmospheric abnormalities, or a shift in the nature of time/space (sorry, too much Dr. Who there). Basically, we just don't know.

Flares - The flares were routinely dispatched over the mountainous region. Considering it was routine, I doubt that it would've caused the sensation that it had.

Planes in formation - Okay, sure - but what would planes be doing flying at such a low speed? The speed at which these "lights" were moving would be much too slow to maintain aerial stability.

Black ops - Okay, sure... but then again, what would a BLACK OPS aircraft be doing hovering over a big city such as Phoenix? The term black-ops refers to projects specifically designated as being secret. "A Black Operation or Black Op is a covert operation typically involving activities that are highly secret due to questionable ethics and legality."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_ops

Atmospheric abnormality - I am not doubting this, however... I would be left to question what atmospheric abnormality would've caused this?

#89    Markissluv

Markissluv

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 182 posts

• God, Country and Rock Guitar!

Posted 23 September 2008 - 04:54 PM

The government doesn't have to totally block all views of it's secret aircraft from the public. It just has to not openly admit what the craft is. They will leave it to speculation and argument (Like what we are doing here) to confuse and further obscure the details of these technologies. However, speculating and arguing are kind of what these boards are all about right?  wink2.gif

Visit my blog on faith here at www.truthandfaith.net!

#90    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,133 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 05:27 PM

Paranormal spy on Sep 23 2008, 01:18 AM, said:

P.S. Thank "god"! What exactly is that suppose to mean. mad.gif hmm.gif

It's just one more way to call you and everyone else here 'stupid'. It will continue until you guys learn to ignore him.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users